IshRa - The irony of love *Updated - Another moment*

-Silencia- thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 7 years ago

Sometimes the best and worst times of your life can coincide. It is a talent of the soul to discover the joy in pain"-thinking of moments you long for, and knowing you'll never have them again. The beautiful ghosts of our past haunt us, and yet we still can't decide if the pain they caused us out weighs the tender moments when they touched our soul. This is the irony of love.

~ Shannon L. Alder

Tonight we got to witness the IshRa that were, are, and will always be. Two broken souls, healed by each other, still so deeply and unarguably in love that you cannot help but just fall more in love, with the ones in love.

Alcohol lowers inhibition and breaks down steel guards that otherwise even Wolverine would have a hard time breaking. It seemed like just another moment for Puttar and Biwi. Chilling out, pulling each other's legs, enjoying a drink or two together (this was a first).

The first eyelock when they fall down on bed. It felt like he was memorising every feature of hers, capturing the long-lost image back again in his heart, even though it wasn't really lost, and he was just pretending to not look for it on the outside.

But the real show-stealer? That stray curl on biwi's face.

It doesn't stop caressing her beautiful features, as if wanting to touch as much of it as possible. But it does block Puttar's view, and so it needs to be shown its place and tucked behind her ear. This is such a signature IshRa movement that even an inebriated Biwi could recognise it. 

She still remembers the movement of those fingers across her face, clutching the few strands that always manage to escape in Puttar's presence. She remembers his touch vividly, and his style. She voices it out, and then falls asleep in his strong arms.

And he still remembers putting that strand away every single time it tried to fly away, grazing the most beautiful countenance he has ever come across. He remembers the feel of her in his arms, the comfort and the solace. 

Her 4-letter sentence "Change nahi hue ho" and his silent trademark half-smile said much, much, much more than Shagun's 20 page long essay monologue could ever say. 

Charlotte Bronte says in Jane Eyre, "The soul, fortunately, has an interpreter - often an unconscious but still a faithful interpreter - in the eye."

For those few moments, his soul was reflected in his eyes. And that's the Raman I've been looking for all over.

Ishita? She was the vulnerable kitten lolling around, till he touched her in the most intimate way that belongs only to them, not a hug, not a kiss, but the putting away of those hair strands.

The peace with which she finally slept, curled up on his chest, resting on his head. The calm with which he made her comfortable, pulling pillows beneath his and her heads. 

The slight slipping away of her hands, and the authority with which he held them back and pulled them over his heart. She is meant to be with him, he is meant to always hold her. She might try go away once again, but this time, he will pull her back and keep her close to his heart.

No ShaRam, no Niddhi, no Ashok, no Bhallas, no Iyers could ever comprehend what goes on between these two. Only they do, and their kids - Adi & Ruhi, who have been a witness to the purity of their love. Which is why where the son knows how and why should they get back together, the hurt and abused daughter knows that if they do, they will have their utmost bliss.

I read a quote somewhere

There's no changing your mind about whom you love. That's part of the tough thing about being in love - it's sort of undeniable.

Raman loves Ishita. Ishita loves Raman. And this is sort of undeniable.

This scene is definitely getting added to my most favorite IshRa scenes list, up, close and personal with the "kya" moment.

This is chemistry. This is sheer KP-DT magic. They make Raman and Ishita come alive in the simplest of ways, in the running around and holding hands, in the bickering and tucking the hair strand, in the half-smiles and radiant eyes.

I wrote an OS yesterday on this moment (In your arms) because CVs usually disappoint with such heartfelt scenarios. But this time, they outdid themselves, and my expectations from them. It was exactly as I had imagined it to be.

* Updated *

So I just re-watched the scene πŸ˜† And I realised I forgot to mention another adorable moment. When he slightly ruffled her hair with his fingers. It was the most endearing thing to do, after she fell asleep in his arms. It felt as if he does it everyday, just like that, and to me, even the act of that little ruffling spelt intimacy so profound that its hard to recover from it. It screams belongingness and familiarity of not just the body, but also mind, heart and soul. A simple gesture, yet so earnest that it thaws your heart and makes you stare in wonderment.

Edited by -Nidoo- - 7 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

-Atii- thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
NIDDOOO
I missed gushing with you over the scene today!! I LOVED IT.  It has to be my second favourite Ishra scenes of all time... after the morning after scene... and the link between  the two scenes is tucking of the hair strand.. how ironic..

THIS SCENE WAS SHEER BLISS AND PURE MAGIC. It did remind me so much of old IshRa that was forgotten amidst the glorification of a certain character.. but they returned today.. 

Will gush more with you, hopefully β€οΈ
Edited by -Atii- - 7 years ago
traveller_girl thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Absolutely on point
Divan are pure Magic in these scenes 
Beautifully written piece
gargpoo thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail
Beautiful write up..
DivAn is epitome of talent..
Isse achchi chemistry apko milegi nhi..sachchi
The scene ws total ishralious..
Ishita's raman ws back today ..finally he let his guard down..
.i m still in ishra land
Veeann thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 4
That moment was oh so beautiful and so is your write up πŸ˜³
bscorp13 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
PerfectπŸ‘..I can't or rather wouldn't be able to say anything more..if the scene itself was overwhelming , your write up just upped it even more...πŸ˜›
Yes, this would certainly be one of my fav ishra scenes of all time too...one can easily see an analogy with the morning after scene but this scene had all their trademark moments but had a raw intensity which can almost be felt in the pit of your stomach. ..
Yes , the eyes are have always been the mirrors to raman's soul., but today they spoke..in a way no words ever could have...
Take a bow KP...I am totally in awe of you and your talent and for taking the scene where you did. .πŸ‘
And Divan were pure fire..that eyelock and the split second where ishita says.change nahi huye...was pure class πŸ‘

Thanks for this post ...could relive and re imagine the scene againπŸ˜‰
-Silencia- thumbnail

Originally posted by: -Atii-

NIDDOOO

I missed gushing with you over the scene today!! I LOVED IT.  It has to be my second favourite Ishra scenes of all time... after the morning after scene... and the link between  the two scenes is tucking of the hair strand.. how ironic..

THIS SCENE WAS SHEER BLISS AND PURE MAGIC. It did remind me so much of old IshRa that was forgotten amidst the glorification of a certain character.. but they returned today.. 

Will gush more with you, hopefully β€οΈ

ATIII

We will gush over the weekend ok?  
It was an absolute delight to watch ❀️ I didn't know the tucking of the hair strand could be so sexy ❀️

@bold - Word! This is what we endure all the crap for πŸ˜† πŸ˜†

P.S. How is your mother? πŸ˜†
-Silencia- thumbnail

Originally posted by: traveller_girl

Absolutely on point

Divan are pure Magic in these scenes 
Beautifully written piece

They absolutely are
Just put them in a frame with a decently written scene and they will take it to the moon!
-Silencia- thumbnail

Originally posted by: gargpoo

Beautiful write up..
DivAn is epitome of talent..
Isse achchi chemistry apko milegi nhi..sachchi
The scene ws total ishralious..
Ishita's raman ws back today ..finally he let his guard down..
.i m still in ishra land

I guess everyone is

@bold - Truly and absolutely back. It's only a matter of time to see how long can he now hold the pretense.
-Silencia- thumbnail

Originally posted by: Veeann

That moment was oh so beautiful and so is your write up πŸ˜³

It was. A 100% Pure, uninterrupted IshRa moment and thank you 😳