Is this okay? Himmanshoo's language with Amruta

Julie0001 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 9 years ago
I am disturbed that Himmanshoo called Amruta an "idiot" I  think earlier he called her stupid on another episode.

It was clearly in a fit of annoyance that he said this. Earlier in an episode she reacted to him calling her stupid.

I realize that many girls idolize Himmanshoo and  I like this couple a lot. In fact, they are my favorite.

However, I am disturbed by the name-calling. Since when is it okay to call your spouse an idiot?
Where are the lines of civility and decency? Why is he talking to her like this on national TV?

Earlier Amruta said that Himmanshoo says things in anger to her that are awful. I certainly don't think Amruta is a victim, but what kind of language is this to use?

Calling a spouse an idiot or stupid is problematic and should not be glossed over in some haze of fandom.

When is this type of language acceptable between people who are being held up as the ultimate couple in love?
Edited by Julie0001 - 9 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

peachesandcream thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Calling a partner an idiot or stupid is hurtful.  Just because the guy saying it is "sexy"  doesn't make it right.  It is not amusing.  It is unfortunate that this is being shown as acceptable behaviour between couples.  
* Unnati * thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 7
I beg to differ. I don't understand what's the deal here. Not every couple shares the same relationship dynamic as we may personally share with our partner or someone that we know of. It is different if someone were to use a sexually derogative term on their spouse or partner during a fight or an argument, but calling someone an "idiot" or "stupid" may be atmost termed as childish or kiddish. IMO it's not something as big a deal where a debate over the same has to be ensued. It's all about two similar people coming together, based on how compatible they are and sharing a certain style of comfort, similar patterns of expressions with each other. Not every grown up, has to be ultra sound or refined with their way of words, life or dealings. Especially with their spouses, they can always choose to be however based on the comfort level they share & the level of understanding between them. Out here, I feel both Amruta and Himanshoo share a certain secured level of comfort with each other and take the liberty to be the way they are to each other.

From how I perceived it, Himanshoo got a little irked with Amruta trying to instruct him sternly and Himanshoo asked her to keep quiet in Marathi and before it elevated with him giving her an elaborated scolding, he summed it up calling her an "idiot", which was meant in a rather funny or a cute way. Amruta got back with "you're the idiot". As simple. Also, granted that Amruta and Himanshoo are married and he is her spouse, but before anything they're both the best of friends and friends use this kind of language with each other.

Edited by * Unnati * - 9 years ago
maaneet930 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: * Unnati *

I beg to differ. I don't understand what's thedeal here.Not every couple shares the same relationship dynamics aswe may personally share with our partners or someone else, that we know of. It is different if someone were to use a sexually derogative term on theirspouse or partnerduring a fight or an argument, but calling someone an "idiot" or "stupid"may beatmost termed as childish or kiddish, but IMO it's not something as big a deal where a debate over the same is to be ensued. It's all about two similar people coming together, based on how compatible they are and sharing a certain style ofcomfort, similar patterns ofexpressions with each other. Not every grown up, has to be ultra sound or refined with their way of words, life or dealings. Especially with their spouses, they can always choose to be however based on how comfortablethey are around each other or how much they understand the other.Out here, I feel both Amruta and Himanshoo share a certain level of comfort with each other and take the liberty to be the way they are to each other.

From how I perceived it, Himanshoo got a little irked with Amruta trying to instruct him sternly and Himanshoo asked her to keep quiet in Marathi and before it elevated with him giving her an elaborated scolding, he summed it up calling her an "idiot", which was meant in a rather funny or a cute way. Amruta got back with "you're the idiot", equally annoyed. As simple. Also, granted that Amruta and Himanshoo are married and he is her spouse, but before anything they're both the best of friends and friends use this kind of language with each other.

yeah its their personal matter...it wasnt abusive at all...himmi was irritated n instead of saying some rubbish stuff he summed it up in a much more decent way!!!

N above all ammu said in one of d interviews dat dey dun take their fight seriously so we THE FANS shud also nt take it seriously !!!

The_Trendsetter thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
@TM 
OMG!! U are making it sound as if Himmanshoo has done some ghor apraadh and as if he should now go and take bath in holy river Ganga!!🤣 

Whats wrong in calling your friend stupid or idiot!?? We among out friennds' group use this word stupid /idiot very often! Himruta are best of friend before being husband wife. They have been best friends for 11 years so whats the big deal in jokingly calling your friend stupid idiot or dumb?🤣

I use these words "idiot" and "stupid" with my friends many a times and I am sure even you use such words sometimes with your friends. I dont find it such a big deal the way u have exaggerated it dear!

* Unnati * thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 7

Originally posted by: The_Trendsetter

@TM 

OMG!! U are making it sound as if Himmanshoo has done some ghor apraadh and as if he should now go and take bath in holy river Ganga!!🤣 

Whats wrong in calling your friend stupid or idiot!?? We among out friennds' group use this word stupid /idiot very often! Himruta are best of friend before being husband wife. They have been best friends for 11 years so whats the big deal in jokingly calling your friend stupid idiot or dumb?🤣

I use these words "idiot" and "stupid" with my friends many a times and I am sure even you use such words sometimes with your friends. I dont find it such a big deal the way u have exaggerated it dear!

Seriously, what was that all about. It's made to sound, as if calling your spouse an "idiot" is a cardinal crime. lol On the other hand, Iam rather jelous of the kind of comfort level these two share and the liberty they take to be as open, informal, candid and genuine with each other. It's a blessing imo, because they're as honest and raw as they can be, despite the cameras and there's no facade about who they are, whatsoever. If I could get a spouse, I can be as playful with and share such comfort level with..call them "idiot" or "stupid" (and vice-versa) without them making a big deal out of it, I'd be thrilled :p My personal choice. Others may feel free to differ. It's just nice to have someone you can laugh around with, be yourself with and someone who doesn't make a big deal out of things, when it really ain't necessary.

It's not even like he bitched about her, or called her an "idiot", behind her back. It was to her face that he stated that & I found that rather endearing.
Edited by * Unnati * - 9 years ago
PilloWtalk_13 thumbnail
IPL 2024 Match Winner 0 Thumbnail ICC CWC 2023 Participants 0 Thumbnail + 9
I will definitely not allow my partner to call me idiot or stupid ,alone in the house or infront of hundreds of ppl
kaur.preet thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Like Amruta said they knew each other from last 11 years and now you people will tell them how to behave with each other...its their relationship and they know very well how to behave and treat each other... :D
Radhika03 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: * Unnati *

I beg to differ. I don't understand what's the deal here. Not every couple shares the same relationship dynamic as we may personally share with our partner or someone that we know of. It is different if someone were to use a sexually derogative term on their spouse or partner during a fight or an argument, but calling someone an "idiot" or "stupid" may be atmost termed as childish or kiddish. IMO it's not something as big a deal where a debate over the same has to be ensued. It's all about two similar people coming together, based on how compatible they are and sharing a certain style of comfort, similar patterns of expressions with each other. Not every grown up, has to be ultra sound or refined with their way of words, life or dealings. Especially with their spouses, they can always choose to be however based on the comfort level they share & the level of understanding between them. Out here, I feel both Amruta and Himanshoo share a certain secured level of comfort with each other and take the liberty to be the way they are to each other.

From how I perceived it, Himanshoo got a little irked with Amruta trying to instruct him sternly and Himanshoo asked her to keep quiet in Marathi and before it elevated with him giving her an elaborated scolding, he summed it up calling her an "idiot", which was meant in a rather funny or a cute way. Amruta got back with "you're the idiot". As simple. Also, granted that Amruta and Himanshoo are married and he is her spouse, but before anything they're both the best of friends and friends use this kind of language with each other.

Very well said Unnati...👏

@ TM: We do call idiot , stupid such words to our friends ...whats the big deal if it is on national TV...😕

Idiot is not any kind of word where channel have to beep the sound ...it's just a normal word which we use in usual conversation...if we can allow our friends to call us "idiot "then why not spouse...n as far as HimRuta are concerned they are best of friends...so it's normal for them.

if he said idiot...she didn't sit der silently ...she also gave it back the way it came to her...with "you idiot "  n for me it was so funny...i felt like they are fighting just like a tom and jerry 😆 i love der chemistry n bonding...😳
Edited by Radhika03 - 9 years ago
The_Trendsetter thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: FaultInOurStars

I will definitely not allow my partner to call me idiot or stupid ,alone in the house or infront of hundreds of ppl

Its your choice and we respect it but dear one person's opinion cant define whats right and whats wrong! If Amruta doesn't have any problem with Himmanshoo for calling her idiot or stupid then who are we to comment on it! Not just for Himruta but for all the celebrity couples, we get too involved that we forget that they are humans too. They have some weak points. Its easy to sit here and pass judgements.
As for husband and wife relations, the relation u will have with your partner is entirely different from the relation which Himruta share! They are more of friends! And I have seen friends cum couples who fight like tom & Jerry everyday but that doesnt mean they don't love each other (Have you seen Yeh hai mohobattien? Raman and Ishita (lead jodi) often call each other idiot pagal and dont leave an option to insult each other but they also love each so much that they think about the other's happiness always )! The fact is they have known each other for 11 years and they are best of friends before being husband wife!