Devil'sDen-Billionaire's distrusting wife:Mod'snotePG27

-pixie- thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 13 years ago
The episode was part filler and part interesting for me...Everyone came together and managed to hold the episode together though the Star attraction continued to elude us till t-2 minutes. Overall it was worth a watch..

Will try and explore the episode in the context of themes that stood out for me

Amnesia
Both teens from the show seem to be suffering from full or partial amnesia. Annie completely forgot all the events leading up to her accident er... slip on the stairs  once she saw Arjun (even though she was recollecting all that he said just seconds before). I just could not understand or relate to her delight on seeing Arjun in the hospital. What prompted her to think that Arjun had come to inquire after her good health? or that whatever he had said last week was a prank?

Geet is suffering from partial amnesia- since she has conveniently blocked out all the attacks MaanGod made on her self esteem. So we were subjected to a loop of flashbacks- showing how Geet had misjudged Maan and Maan was only being his self sacrificing self fullfilling the 34726253rd promise he made to Geet. Please see Author's note 1

Guilt and Forgiveness
Both the women are very big on forgiving their errant partners- Despite Arjun's harsh words and his disclosure that Annie was nothing but a pawn for him in his revenge against Maan...Annie greets him like nothing ever happened. I found that a bit out of place. Though after the second dose she got today- I dont know if she will be as forgiving in the future.

Geet on the otherhand is all about feeling guilty (from scene 1 till about End- 2 minutes),,,on how she has been hasty in judging Maan....and wants to speak to Maan or meet him just to apologise for her impetuous behaviour. She maintained the cover in front of Daadi- not letting it slip for even one moment that something was wrong between Maan and her. I wish she had at least dwelled on Maan's inconsiderate words just for a bit...because they were pretty hurtful. I think for their relationship to move forward- she needs to stand up for herself...otherwise its very easy for a partner like her who is always giving in to get subsumed by MSK's larger than life persona. It would be some sort of character groW*H for both of them if they manage to discuss this and rather than Geet making it up to Maan they both make it up to each other 😉. 

Love and longing in Delhi
I absolutely loved how they showed Geet missing Maan. Whether it was willing time to move faster so that it was tomorrow already or her eagerness to talk to Maan. Anyone who has ever been in love will understand the feeling...the anticipation when you know you are going to meet him/her after being apart for some time- hours/days/weeks/months (Everyone has a different tolerance criteria)......I mean that hint of a smile on every viewer's face when Maan made an appearance on screen- You know what I am talking about

The Hug, although dramatic, was a perfect climax for all that Geet had been living through since the last couple of days in the show. The relief, the joy, the love all shone through Geet's eyes. I am sure the viewers were delighted too to see Maan and Geet back in the same frame.

Divine secrets of the Ya Ya Sisterhood
I loved that Geet was perceptive enough to notice that something was amiss with Annie besides the accident. Them comparing notes in the Pink room was quite a cute scene and at the end of it she does manage to cheer her up. I did not understand much of Geet's advice to Anwesha though..I am guessing that was more in the category of notes to self than advice to Annie on how to deal with her love life.

Arjun the villain and Anwesha the victim
An eye for an eye and a sister for a sister- so speaketh the justice rules in Arjun land. While I appreciate the motive behind his revenge- I have not really come to grips with what exactly is his plan. Sleeping with Annie- How is that going to help him meet his objective..I dont know. Today we saw him pressurizing Annie into telling Maan everything. Annie so far has been too heart broken to react to Arjun's demands that she tell Maan about how Arjun has cheated Anwesha (Or is the lack of reaction NM's botox- I am not sure). I wonder what will Arjun do once he realises that Annie is not going to give into his demands so easily (or so I hope). He was goading the poor girl no-end  in the hospital...but in the end she did manage to somewhat hold her own. I hope the writers remember their own character sketch for Annie as a modern, strong and independent woman. So rather than shed copious tears over her lot in life she does meet Arjun head on. There are plenty of good Sidney Sheldon novels that they can take "inspiration" from- If tomorrow comes,Memories of midnight, Rage of angels etc,

It has been said many a times on this forum already but I think it bears repition here- Any hero is only as strong as the story's anti hero. So I hope the creatives have a few surprises up their sleeves as to what exactly is Arjun's plan (especially the one that he plans to unveil at the wedding reception).

Some other random observations
1) K Mansion went in for some serious redecoration between Saturday and Monday..Though its a change for the better..the current set looks far more lavish than the previous set- but I have very fond memories of that set....since every nook and crany seems to have had a Maaneet moment attached to it...mixed feelings

2) Whats with the all the pink today? Cancer Awareness or did Vday costumes arrive a fortnight too early?

3) Einstein must be spinning in his grave thanks to Geet's concept of time...I wish time would move slower if I just turned back the hands of a clock....

4) What are these sensors- that allow Maan and Geet to detect each other and do they include a built in fire detection system as well?

5) Did they use the rotating camera angles just to convince the skeptics that there were no BDs used at all?

6) Symbolism  behind Geet's dupatta catching fire.......Errmm... Is Maan's life going to be in danger?

7) When will the costume incharge buy GC pants that fit and not hand me downs from Nakul?

8) Going forward would how Arjun is addresses NES- Anwesha/Annie be a means of letting the viewer know whether Arjun is feeling love for NES or Vengeance for Maan?

Authors' notes
1) Some of the 34726253 promises contradict each other. For example, MSK promised to put his own happiness first and yet he continued to withholding himself. So was there a review meeting held between Maan and Geet where the priority of these promises was decided? 
Edited by -pixie- - 13 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

-pixie- thumbnail
DISCLAIMER

The information here is Xclusive to de Den ONLY! Read n FORGET IT!  Infringe our CopyRite and Anj will make u watch the "India Paints" Videos till u c the Light! Everyone Is Welcome, so Post Post! We are like Appy Fizz and Grappo Fizz....Cool to de Core!   

- Devils of the Devil's Den-

EVIL RULES

1. If U don't like the Devil's Den residents then just fly away!  We don't like to be mean hosts!

2. U can only jappoo Geet HSP ki Geet at Den - So, stay in your maryaada and don't jam about other shows!

3. The Den is not just about CONfakes, but reel takes so discuss dey story constructively in all its glory😃

Do dish about the Actors, but don't diss em or their frogs!  Anj won't post ur IF bail!

5. This is not Dadimaa's Darbar, so don't spam about the best way to bake ham, etc.!

6. We r going to open new Den before airtime and shift there once the show finishes whether u ve reserved ya not!  So, be PHAAST!

7. Don't QUOTE use "@" to reply varna you will get a Watt o Unwanted pics that will make ur eyes snap crackle n pop!  Max of 1 quote is okkie if u really must - that's all.

8. Naya Den if we run outta the original 1 for the day can be opened by anyone, but only post these rules & the link to the old den in the 1st post.  Don't forget to leave link of 2ndary dens in original one for the day.  

9. There is Devilsden A/C.  Its for emergencies & our awesome Kreations Corner 

DEVIL'S PLEDGE 

All the Devils raise hand and repeat after me 
"I SOLEMNLY SWEAR THAT I AM UPTO NO GOOD" 
"And hereby Pledge to diss All de Spoilers n Spoof de Pictures" 

WATCH ON STAR PLAYER 

Star Player is testing whether they could go live at the same time or within the half-an-hour of airtime, but are NOT

Previous DENS with THEMES

Introduction on the SHOW's THEME
https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/topic/1566472

Dadi 
https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/topic/1567872

Potential Plot lines (MB)
https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/topic/1568732

MSK
https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/topic/1569633

Dev
https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/topic/1570540

Aesthetics (make up etc)
https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/topic/1571442

Dialogues
https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/topic/1572317

Brij and Yash
https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/topic/1573564

Sameera
https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/topic/1574594

Arjun
https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/topic/1575672

Marketing
https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/topic/1576750

Geet
https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/topic/1577842

Symbolism
https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/topic/1578747

Naintara

Parallel Tracks

Fan Dumb
Edited by -pixie- - 13 years ago
.YixingsManal. thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 8
Res*
Me 1st 🤣 !!
NO RES Me not BEtween u n ur Patni 😆
*Edited*

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cy8TBGK461I&feature=player_embedded[/YOUTUBE]

The Most Beautiful Hug😍The whole epi was not Actually Worth Watching🥱 the onli scene worth watchin ! n Which Saved todays Epi😳actuallly hahahaha wanted to see this Aishwarya scene on GEET 😆 !! the PAllu on Fire !! n CVs Fulfilled it 😆 !! jst loved the scene😍
Seems Like Maneet Hug keeps gettin Better everytime😍

Still Editing

Made this ❤️
Free to Use
Edited by -Cwezy_Manoola- - 13 years ago
mi7chimes thumbnail
Res~

i tot i wudnt res.. but manoooo for u...😡 n ofc pixels i cudnt resist t M&B title☺️😆

edit 1 :

well as i said i was supposed to b away.. n was supposed to not Res~ hmmmm... but thn an Epi without Moi.. u needed somthing to go on.. so here i am..

All check out n drool over Moi for Moi... by Marsha baby!🤗

edit 2 :

seee i am MSK not for nothing!😳 HAAN!!🤣🤣🤣
    i am bk!!! HAAN!!
🤣🤣🤣

bass! i am don!! bye all... 🤗

PS ; pls consider t post NE if u r looking for a take!!😳

Edited by mi7chimes - 13 years ago
bDgT thumbnail
An Excerpt from "Annie's Diary: My Life; My Times"
https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/topic/1601049

~~This day - still undated~~

Tears rolled down my cheeks
I don't know when
I don't know why
All that I knew
Was that this is a trench
I dug for myself

A soldier
That went AWOL (Absent without Leave)
Once outside the War room
Forgot my brief

Now having been tagged by the brazen enemy
Browbeaten and shamed
I should be ready to be court martial-ed

But I am NOT GONNA BE
A CASUALTY
In this WAR

The soldier licks his/her wounds
But never abandons battle
After I recoup
I shall get back to the battle terrain
And seize control

A war is not lost until the last bullet is fired...

- Anne's Dairy - tonight's entry
Jan 31, 2011
Edited by bDgT - 13 years ago
jyoti06 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 9 Thumbnail + 8

Today's Episode was good in terms of Story development and good continuation from the previous episode👍🏼 and of course the last Maan-Geet hug takes the cake for me especially when u get the hug after four days of BDs fest😆😳...One thing I can confess today that GC-DD still sets the stage on fire whenever they come together on-screen👍🏼;Even a 2secs hug is worth watching million times becuase of the intensity that they provide through their body-language and expressions...👏👏...

Things I found interesting today...
  • Proper Continuation in the hospital scene👍🏼;
  • Arjun-Annie interaction in the hospital was a good one..its debatable but from a drama POV,it raises many questions on both Arjun and Annie's character🤔;First of all,this interaction proves that Arjun is worst than Dev here;In Dev's case ,he never loved Geet and was shown guilty after whatever he did with Geet but in Arjun's case ,even though he has feelings for Annie,but still he is showing his ugly shameless side to Annie without any guilt and is sort of enjoying the fact that Annie had an accident and is in pain...disgusting to say the least👎🏼;Coming to Annie,she might look weak in this particular scene but something tells me that this humiliation coming from Arjun will make her strong now and she might gather courage and take inspiration from her Geet bhabhi;...
  • Geet's restlessness for MSK was portrayed very well by DD today and the scenes showing her restlessness like the dining table mobile scene or the scene in the bedroom where she keeps looking at the clock and wishes the time to pass quickly were some really well-crafted scenes👍🏼;
  • Also loved the flashback which Geet gets today in this scene👏;She actually remembers the promise that she took from MSK regarding opting for their baby over her if such situation arises in the future and good CVs showed this FB today and sort of closed that promise loop thus indicating to the viewers that MSK has already fulfilled his promise of choosing baby over Geet by avoiding her post-marriage and so in future he will not again hv to go through this choice wala promise because its already over today as per Geet's flashback😉😃;This also indicates that miscarrage drama is not coming in the future because the choice issue is already done with now😃;I will say a very smart selection of this flashback scene by the CVs here👏...
  • Today the new change in the set looked classy👍🏼...
  • Geet-Annie scene was good👍🏼;First time I m witnessing such a simple and transparent Nanad-Bhabhi relationship where there is no scheming or plotting or jealousy between the two👏;Loved the way both were innocently sharing their own experiences with each other regarding their views on love and dreams👍🏼;This scene tells me that Annie is going to get strength to fight back from her Geet bhabhi only🤔
  • Last but not the least Maaneet hug..which was magical and divine as usual especially the way Geet grabbed him tightly around his neck😍😍😍😍😍;Rotating cameras could hv been avoided😡😆 but well mayb CVs wanted to prove to the viewers that GC-DD r actually hugging and not their BDs ..so we get rotating camera angles😆;Even the whole scene of Geet running and then her dupatta catching fire is a filmy scene from hum dil de chuke sanam and Devdas combo for which Bhansali might b really proud of Nissar-Ved and Co today😆 but I feel this filmy scene could hv been avoided here as well and mayb just a simple run followed by a hug too could hv done wonders🤔but still the hug was really magical and so no complaints from me at least😆...Dupatta catching fire can hv some nice symbolisms here since Dupatta has always been the symbol of love and connecting force for Maaneet right from the beginning of their journey😳;Till now MSK always protected Geet's honour by putting the dupatta on her and today the same dupatta catches fire..so no wonder MSK comes to her rescue again and makes sure that he extinguishes the fire with his foot and saves his wife's honour again😳;Another funny symbolism could b ,Geet's dupatta catching fire is equal to the desire in which Geet is burning to hv physical union with her Man☺️,so then MSK comes and sort of fulfills her desire by putting off the fire😳😳...is that an indication for their physical union soon ??😉😳😳;Also notice for the first time Geet hugs MSK without her dupatta😈 ;Its almost like Geet ready to shed all her inhibitions now and wants her man physically at any cost😳😳...I loved the way Geet had those tears of longing in her eyes during the hug while MSK was in angry+confusing mode here which is justified because first of all the whole fire tamasha worried him and then secondly MSK has no idea that Geet is aware of everything..so he is confused about her sudden shower of love and hugs😆 but during the hug he closes his eyes and gives that faint smile which indicates that even though he might try to control himself by staying away from her but he just can't control his feelings and happiness when she grabs him so tightly in her warm and passionate arms☺️....I hope we get some intimate Maaneet moments tomorrow with MSK carrying Geet in his arms to the bedroom and then both hving a good matured conversation about the baby issue😳

Turn-offs for Today...
  • Annie's character showed lots of depth and variations today but Nikunj was not able to do justice to those complex emotions🤔...
  • Arjun's character was introduced with lots of potential but now its reduced to a very weak and cliched 60s style villain who just wants to get sadistic pleasure out of screwing up his enemy's sister's life to take revenge of his own sister..woww how original😳..;Still dunno by doing all this ,what will he really achieve and how ??😕...
  • Are we going to see the return of MaanGod again tomorrow ??😳😆;When both MSK and Geet were equally wrong in last week's episode,then why the sorry should come only from Geet here ??🤔Why can't MSK feel sorry for those harsh words that he spoke in last week's episode ??;Mayb his intention was good and he did it all for Geet only,but still those words were really very hurtful especially talking about how he married Geet and gave her all the luxuries;There was no need to make that comment and for this even MSK should feel apologetic to Geet here...it should b a two way apology and not just from Geet's side😊;I mentioned it in turn-offs today because I felt CVs r trying to show that only Geet was at fault for Misunderstanding MSK and now she is once again on her way to worship the man;But right now as husband-wife ,they both need to sit together and sort out their issues like two matured individuals which cannot happen as long as Geet continues to worship her man like the almighty;I hope I m proved wrong tomorrow and we get to see apology coming from both sides here and then both sit and sort out their issues😊

Will not talk about the precap today becuase I hv some doubts there..so will wait for the episode tomorrow😊

Episode Rating:8/10...I will repeat again..I loved the hug today and so gave it a extra rating mayb😆😳..also I thought today the episode editing and continuation was good...the three ladies of the house..Dadi,Geet and Annie managed well in MSK's absense for majority of the episode👍🏼..All I wish to see is Apology coming from both MSK and Geet's side tomorrow because both were at fault...Geet for jumping to conclusion too soon and MSK for saying those really harsh words to her which were not really needed😊
Edited by jyoti06 - 13 years ago
res - hoping for a non-filler episode finally. 😆

Edit - err... What was I hoping for. MaanGod shot only for the lase scene in the last moment to keep the viewers hooked. 😆

• Dadi, you are so bholi. Even bholi-bhali Geet can take you for a ride. Paani nahin mila. 😆 Totally non-suspecting types, aren't you? Anyway - filler scene.
  • Arjun Bhai - you are such a loser. You made me wait for so long for you oh-so-sexy revenge plan and now it hinges on Annie telling her bro what you did to her. And just how much did you do to her? How I wish they show NE having some brains now and not give a hoot to his blackmailing. Just say that I am not going tell anything to anyone and if you want to, go ahead. As far as I am concerned you are lying and who do you think they are going to believe? And yes - I had taken an after morning pill 😎 I am the informed, modern age bhartiya naari.
  • Filler scene of Geet writing N number of sorry notes and not being satisfied was okay. But the one of changing time in the table clock was OTT, even for Geet. I mean, come on. She is goofy and simple, but not an idiot.
  • Geet is such a bad advisor. 😆 Annie needs an older bhabhi to put some sense into her NT mind. Instead she asks her to look for her faults. Okay - I know there are many, but still 🤣
  • Maan God ke charan - haye 😍 😆 Kya sahi kaam aaye. Geet ke jalte dil - err - dupatte bujhaye (that rhymes 😎).
  • Maan's controlled expression were spot on. Combined with the gussa at her carelessness in running with fire in her b... arr... dupatta and surprise at her expressions. And then as soon as she hugs, he hugs back naturally, the questions are forgotten for the time being and he is just enjoying being with her in that hug. The expressions of contentment and happiness. 😍 This one saved the episode.
  • Hug was good, but the episode was still a filler.
If you want a version of tomorrow's episode with Maan Man instead of Maan God, check out my OS 😆 - Towards the Oneness

And I landed on an interesting contest, where you have to write a love letter to your beloved fictional character. Have put details in this post. Maan/Geet lovers should check out. 😛 Or even other fictional character lovers for that matter.
Edited by sharmishtha01 - 13 years ago
Soapoperasrfun thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
A mixture of opposites

Anne

I am 18 years of age
I am a modern girl, the kinds on 3rd page

I have been given everything that I have ever asked for
For I was born with a silver spoon and have a rich brother

Today I have fallen in love with this guy who claims to have used me
What do I do now, for I slept with him and might be carrying his baby

I have no one else to blame but myself for my blunder
I hope I can fight my own battle and come out a Rock star

Geet

I am 18 years of age
Feels like I have lived most of my life in a cage

Till the day I was forced into a marriage
Which resuled in my life's further sabotage

Then came my knight in shining armour
And led me to this life full of fun, love and glamour

I have no other place for him in my heart than that of God
I will treat him that way for life, even if some of you think it is odd

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The episode today

Key Notes*
1. Girl Power. The girls managed the show beautifully today, including Anne. Great work all 3.
2. If Star One is crying today, I understand their concern. Geet burnt another duppatta. No wonder they are not giving you a new wardrobe 😆

I don't know if I will be a minority today, but today I thought Anne (the character) was stronger than Geet. Her resolve to fight the ill meted out to her seemed more admirable than Geet's forgiving Maan. I only wish the character could do more justice to the role. Although, I will give credit where it is due, she was not terrible today and I liked her scene with Geet. 

The episode maintained continuity. Good work. Geet covered up her emotion well and acted normal in front of daadi. Also her checking with daadi if Maan should be informed of Anne's accident was natural and good. 

The scene that followed could have been so much more impactful if the actors were good. But I did not hate it. At-least the background music was better today. The music made Arjun seem evil. But I hate his modus operandi. He is pleading Anne to tell Maan that he hurt her? My God. But there is something that I want to point out here. Arjun was introduced in the show as a balanced, good guy who was doing what he did just for his sister. So isn't it possible that he is really a good guy and cannot think of much evil ways to hurt Maan or Anne? Good people don't become evil overnight. he maybe very hurt and dejected because of what happened to his sister, but he may not want to kill Maan or Anne for it. he thinks breaking Maan's sister's heart will break him too, because that is what happened to him. he is hurt because NT is hurt. I don't know. I don't think Arjun will ever become too evil. He will be a wanna-be villain I think. 

Geet, in hr room, missing Maan was nicely done. She fixes the doll. Symbolism? No matter what goes wrong, they will find ways to mend things and make it all better. But what was with the writing letters? She messed up the whole room. I hope she believes in recycling, else I will be very upset with her.

So far, I think I have enjoyed all dining table scenes. I have decided. This is my most fav place in the KM. Be it the scene where she yells at him over phone, or the 2 dining table scenes where he holds her hand, all have been enjoyable. And today's was no different. The way Geet gets excited thinking it to be Maan's call and the way daadi pulls her leg, Geet feeling shy. Very beautiful. Sach mein, a good actress can make a simple scene so beautiful.

Like I stated earlier, I liked Anne and Geet scene. I totally don't agree with Geet's dialogue that your viewpoint is wrong if you are misunderstanding your lover. But there have been so many wrong dialogues which people have conveniently forgotten. Who am I to point out this one? 😆

And finally, the devdasi finish. The hug was good as usual. But I was hoping to see some regret or some remorse on Maan;s face. There was none. Hopefully we will get some tomorrow.

The precap was interesting. So the wedding continues? Another reception coming up? I will wait and watch. 😳
Edited by Soapoperasrfun - 13 years ago
shadowstreet thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail
the title is attractive I must say😃👏
49erFan thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Runaway newlywed husband! 😆

MSK ran saying mujhe mere biwi se bachao!😆

What makes me irk is why does Geet always have to say sorry to MSK, is he that Mahaan, can he do no wrong! 😕Is he god that Geet has to worship him all the time???  I don't understand this creatives!  He has flaws, he is not god, why give him god status!  Ek Kadum and Geet knows its him, oh I forgot God has landed on this earth,  u guys make me sick! 😡😡😡😡😡😡😡
Edited by 49erFan - 13 years ago