Posted: 13 years ago
Author's Note

I think in the show, it is going to be primarily "sorry" from Geet, while Maan's hurtful words will be conveniently forgotten by the CVs. So, as usual, I am satisfying myself with my OS. Hope some of you too find the satisfaction.

--

Towards the oneness

He stopped at the door of their bedroom when he saw her sitting on the bed with her hands around her folded knees. She was sitting in exactly the same posture in which she waited for him on their Suhag Raat. The only difference was that instead of the excitement, nervousness and love, her face showed pain and tears.

Did his staying away ended up giving her more pain? He had crossed the boundaries while shouting at her. Because he would rather have her be angry at him that be guilty about herself. And he had hoped that the pain of the anger will be less than the fear of losing the baby - the baby that meant the world to her, even before he came in to their world. If there was a way that things would look all right after the tests, if there was a way to protect her from that guilt and fear, he wanted to do it. But did he do it right? Looking at her face right now, he thought he went utterly wrong. He went to the extent of hurting her self-respect. That was so unnecessary. 

What was he to do now? He did not know how to face her. Probably he should stay away for couple of hours, until he had the time to consult the doctor. Once he knew the situation, he would make it up to her. If all was well, he would have succeeded in keeping her away from the guilt at least. And he would make sure that the pain he gave in the process goes away. If things were still complicated, he would have to break the news to her. But he would also make sure that she did not feel guilty about it. He would find a way to ensure that.

Yes - he would stay away. But before he could turn back, she had sensed him. There was that connection between them! They always knew when the other person was around. 

She saw him, got down from the bed, ran to him and hugged him. He hugged her back as a natural reaction, even though he had no clue why she was behaving this way. But when they were in each other's arms, the questions became immaterial for the time being. He hugged her as tight as she was hugging him and the desires raised their faces again in both their bodies. The caresses on their backs became rougher and more urgent, their breathings became shallow and they clutched each other so tight as if they just wanted to become one in the body - quite literally pushing themselves into one another.

Maan was the one who came to his senses first. He had to go away. He will end up doing a blunder if he stayed close to her.

He stepped away, tried to put on his Maan-Singh-Khurana expression and said as non-chalantly as he could manage, "Geet mujhe ek important meeting ke liye bahar jaana hai." He turned away pretending to look for something.

She looked at him with tear-filled eyes. He was still putting up an act. But now she knew just how much he was hurting inside.

"Maan. Aapko meeting ke liye jaane ki zaroorat nahin hai. Maine woh meeting pahle hi attend kar li hai," she said. She picked up a file from the bed and extended her hand towards him to give him the file. 

Maan looked back in surprise, "Kaun si meeting ki baat kar rahi ho Geet?"

She just indicated towards the file in her hands.

Still perplexed he took the file from her and realized that those were her medical reports by looking at the cover. He panicked and instead of reading the reports he started questioning her nervously, "Geet. Ye tumhare paas kaise aayi. Doctor ne tumhein... Tum theek to ho na Geet. Tum tension mat lena..."

"Bas Maan. Ab na to aapko mujhse gussa hone ka natak karne ki zaroorat hai, na hi apne aap ko itni taqleef dene ki zaroorat hai. I am sorry Maan. Please mujhe maaf kar dijiye. Aap meri hifaazat ke liye mujhse door ja rahe the aur maine bina soche, bina kuchh jane aapko kya-kya kah diya."

Knowing that the wall of misunderstanding has broken, he could no longer hide his concern. He dropped the file on the bed and hugged her tight, "Geet! Tum theek to ho na. I am sorry Geet. Maine tumhein ek stress se bachana ke liye doosra itna bada stress de diya. Tumse door rahne ki koshish mein tumhein kuchh bhi bol diya Geet. Tum mujhe maaf kar dogi na? Kal raat ko bola hua mera ek bhi lafz sach nahin tha. Main aisa nahin sochta tumhare baare mein, soch hi nahin sakta."

Neither of them tried to break the embrace as they talked. Geet replied, "Maan! Aapko maafi maangne ki koi zaroorat nahin hai. Main to jaanti hoon na ki aap mujhse kitna pyaar karte hain. Aapke pyaar ke oopar shak karna meri galti thi. Bas babaji se yahi maangti hoon ki mujhse aisi galti dubara na ho."

"Geet. Aisa mat sochna. Ismein tumhari koi galti nahin thi. Jaise halaat maine bana diye the, usmein gussa aana to normal tha."

He broke the hug and cupped her teary face in his hands. He wiped her tears with his thumbs, "Geet. Ab tumhein sab pata hai. Waada karo Geet ki kissi bhi baat ke liye na to tum khud ko doshi thahraogi, na hi tum koi chinta karogi. Waada karo Geet. Tumari aur hamare baby ki sehat ke liye ye bahut zaroori hai."

"Aap kis mitti ke bane hain Maan? Aapko apni khwahishon ki koi parwah nahin hai. Kuchh bhi bardasht kar sakte hain aap apne oopar. Koi shikayat nahin hai ki shaadi ke baad bhi..." She did not complete her sentence, but the look of embarrassment and guilt on her face clearly told Maan what she was thinking.

"Geet. Kash main itna majboot hota jitne ka tum mujhe credit de rahi ho, to phir maine tumhein itni chot nahin pahunchayi hoti. Sach to ye hai Geet ki main halaat ko sambhaal hi nahin paya, apni kamzori ki wajah se. Tumse itni obviously door rahna nahin chahiye tha mujhe, na hi mera aisa koi iraada tha. Lekin jab tum kareeb hoti ho to main bahut kamzor pad jaata hoon. Khud ko rokna namumkin ho jaata hai mere liye. Aur isliye... Aur in sab ke beech main tumhein itni kadwi baatein kah gaya ki tumahre swabhimaan ko chot pahuncha di. Phir bhi tum mujhpar gussa nahin ho. Mujhe to ye batao Geet ki tum kis mitti ki bani ho? Tum apni chhoti si galti - chahe woh meri nazar mein galti ho bhi na - uske liye maafi maangne pahle chali aati ho. Meri galti chahe kitni bhi badi ho, mujhe maafi maangne ka bhi mauka nahin deti ho. Koi shikayat, koi gussa nahin rakhti man mein."

"Maan. Jab tak aap mere saath hai, mujhe aapse to kya, kissi se bhi koi shikayat nahin hai. Us zindagi se bhi nahin, jisne mujhe bahut dhokhe diye. Kyonki usi ne aapko bhi to mere paas bheja."

"Thank you Geet. Chahe main kitna bhi bada dusht-danav ban jaun, tum mujhe kabhi mere baare mein bura mahsoos nahin hone deti ho."

"Kya karoon Maan, ye dusht-danav hi to mujhe pariyon ki duniya ki rajkumari bana kar, paristaan mein le aaya hai na. Usse kaise naraaz rahoon?"

They both smiled.

But Maan realized immediately that he did not yet know what her reports said. He became concerned again and picked up the file, "Geet. Tumhari reports mein kya hai?" He started leafing through the file to see for himself, as Geet answered, "Ab koi khatra nahin hai Maan."

His eyes lit up and his facial muscles relaxed as he heard this and also confirmed it with the reports. But he wanted to be absolutely sure. He wouldn't trust his own interpretation of the reports.

"Geet. Main doctor se mil kar aata hoon. Poori tasalli ho jayegi."

"Par..." she started saying that she had already met the doctor, but realized that he would not be satisfied, unless he has checked it with the doctor himself. So, instead she asked to accompany him.

"Main bhi chalti hoon."

"Nahin Geet. Tum aaraam karogi. Waise bhi Annie ke accident ki wajah se tumhein kaafi bhaag daud karni padi hai. Abhi aur nahin."

Geet gave up. If this is what will give him peace, let it be. She could manage to be away from him for couple of hours. After all, now she knew that he wasn't going away from her.

Maan wanted to meet the doctor alone. Somehow he did not trust Geet this one time. What if she had pressured the doctor to tone down the reports for the sake of his happiness. He did not realize that he was suspecting Geet of scheming to a level that this simple, straight forward girl was inherently incapable of. But he was so paranoid about her situation that he trusted no one, not even Geet herself. He couldn't help it.

--

--

If you liked this OS, you might also like my earlier OSs.

Edited by sharmishtha01 - 13 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

pal234 thumbnail
<3 it..i hope cvs could learns from ur OSs and make MANEET also talk more often! waiting for the continuation..
Ilovemsk thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2
Loved it
Awesome
Plz cont soon and pm me :)
liv2laugh thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
An old English proverb comes to mind "If wishes were horses beggars would ride" 😃

If the CVs thought this way and showed this scene, I would be elated. 😃

But no we are not going to get that we get to see Maan being mahaan again 🥱

I loved how he admitted to her that she forgives him no matter what and that he was in the wrong. 😃

He admitted to her that he intentionallly tried to hurt her.

I loved this OS. Will wait for part 2

Jhan
mchopra thumbnail
wow this was great..mmm thnk god no MAANGOD here..
Tishuu thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2
how do u come up with such wonderful OSs??? 😊
..shreyaa.. thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
Awesomeeee OS
loved it
plz plz continue soon
Thank u

Jaanbunty thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
I always read ur OS. Actually I have read them all. 👏

Waiting for the next part..................

--Nargis-- thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
I agree...we will probably never see Maan's aplogy...onky his Mahaaness in the serial...so my most heartfelt thanks for this version in your OS.. Loved it....do continue.
meravigiliso thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
awesome,fabulous brought a cute smile on my lips. loved it please continue.