Geet - Hui Sabse Parayee

Devils Den - Boss se Big Boss

Sigma thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 13 years ago

First of all I want to say happy new year to everyone in the den 🤗 I have meet someone amazing friends here in the last year and I hope the den goes from strength to strength and is special year for every devil.

Symbolism is a tool that has been in literature for hundreds of years to give a hidden deeper meaning than the words alone can convey to the reader. It can be a beautiful and powerful technique when used and can enhance the enjoyment of the reader if used properly. Is symbolism a technique the writers of Geet are employing or are the viewer's just envisioning things that aren't really there, that is today's topic of discussion.

When we watch the show, we start analyzing everything in the scenes and some see hidden deeper messages that reinforce and support the characterization and emotions in the story, thereby, taking the scene to a higher level making it seem even better than it is. Sometimes the complex and intricate symbolism I hear being discussed makes me wonder do the writers actually go into that depth and details when they are writing these scenes or is this just our love for the show and Maaneet making us see these things. If the writers can conjure up a 18 year old sister out of thin air without having any foundations laid for her entry and then don't bother to give us a backtrack, are those writers then really paying that much attention to the scenes and placing hidden symbolisation in them. Unless we know for definite that these symbols are being intentionally placed in the show, it is not just conjecture on our part? How do we even know we are interpreting the symbolism correctly and not missing out on symbols? I'm no expert on symbolism, when there is a scene at night, the reason I think the moon is there is because the moon is in the sky at night time, nothing else. So let's discuss some of the symbolism that is used in the show.

1. Taveez

So I have heard a lot of how this metal little box is responsible for keeping Maan and Geet together and has been giving them a helping hand to get their happy ending. Many think as long as MSK has the taveez nothing can happen to Maaneet. So I have decided we all need to go back to where this journey with the taveez started and see whether it deserves all this praise and accolades we give it in the show.

Now truthfully, does anyone actually remember this scene properly other than that famous line aap ka humsafar aaj hi aap ki zindagi ' and the taveez being given to Geet?

I didn't myself the actual details until I re-watched this scene recently. Tota Ram (a green bird) is responsible for predicting the Geet Maan milan at the mela 😲😆

How many of you remember that?😛 Tota Ram comes out his cage flips over the top three cards and voila your future is predicted 😆 Will all the devils, please form an orderly queue to have your future predicted by the amazing Tota Ram. Now, no shoving in the back there, I know you are all eager to see Tota Ram, but he will answer everyone's questions, poor bird doesn't have much to do nowadays, the mela session is over as it is winter 😆 so don't worry you will all get a free prediction, think of it as my new year's gift to you 🤣

There are many things wrong with this picture first of all birds are not psychic, never have been and never will be. Second of all tarot cards are a load of rubbish and not worthy of the money they are printed on.  Plus I thought in tarot card readings, the person who the prediction was for was meant to choose the cards not a bird, so they didn't even do the reading properly to begin with. If the reading isn't performed properly, all predictions are null and void, HAAN 😛

So some random fortune teller says some clich lines about humsafar coming into your life today and how god's blessings will be with you if you make him wear this taveez. Now if this really happened to you how many of you would believe this guy? I hope no one is seriously gonna say yes, or it's off to in Shomu's van to the crazy house for you 😆  I know the first thing that springs to my mind when I think of a fortune teller at a mela, fun fair or just fortune tellers in general, scam artists. You might go visit their booth, just for laugh but you would take it all with a pinch of salt. He probably saw a young girl and thought what would she love to hear from me and hence he spinned her some lines on her true love coming into her life that day. Dolly tells him that Geet's  humsafar has already arrived and he tells her to give him the taveez then. Shouldn't he have seen that her humsafar hadn't entered into her life yet if he really had a gift. A scam artist, sorry I mean a fortune teller, gives you a free gift, do you think it's anything more than a metal box. Would he really give such a powerful thing away for free if it really had the capacity to do all the things some of us think it is doing. No way, obviously he wouldn't. The man is trying to make a living by telling people's fortunes, he's not a rich man in disguise passing time at the mela for a laugh, so if he had something that powerful wouldn't he make some money out of it?

Everything else that happens with the taveez or whatever you think is happening, is just a figment of your imagination and your desire to believe that there is something else at play as it makes for a nicer story doesn't it? What can taveez do if Maan and Geet do want to go separate pathways, it is gonna melt and transform into a pair of handcuffs and keep them locked together, there isn't even a enough metal there to make sturdy handcuffs there so that plan would fail anyway. We all saw for ourselves when Geet and Maan had their MU the taveez did not keep them together, you might have think it tried when it got stuck, but it was bound to get caught up in their clothing, the way those two were fighting like WWF wrestlers do in a Friday night smackdown 😆  It's just a metal box at the end of the day stop trying to make into something it's not, Geet can get her duputta tangled in a plant pots all the time 😆 so it comes as no surprise to me got the taveez tangled in MSK's hospital room door handle. It wasn't God, trying to tell her MSK is there in that room, don't go, it's just Geet Handa being her usual clumsy self.

2. Dupatta

Duputta is just a duputta at the end of the day, it is worn either on your head or around your neck, it does not signify her honour, her izzat or anything else. Geet does not even wear her dupatta properly half the time, she just scrunches it up around her neck, so it ends up covering nothing so what does that mean, she doesn't care about her izzat or it just fashion.  But she makes such a fuss about not having it if MSK comes in, it's hilarious, I still remember that scene when MSK walked in on her when she was getting ready and did a ishara to him to give her dupatta and then the way she put it was, there was no difference in her having it. Geet's dupatta gets stuck on any random item they can think of and MSK helps her to release so we all think this symbolises how he will save her izzat, remove all obstacles in her life but this just shows how accident prone and clumsy she is, how she doesn't look where she is going half the time, hence the Maaneet bumping sessions we get every week and MSK doesn't leave any chance to help Geet as he is bit obsessed with her if you hadn't noticed.  Izzat cannot be bought how many times have we heard our elders say that, it has to be earned and duputtas don't come for free. It's just a piece of material, next we will say her salwar signfies her dignity as we never see it fall down even though it's held up by a string, showing what a fragile state Geet was in after the dev fiasco and how MSK has never messed with her salwar (we have seen hook her top buttons and dori) shows he wouldn't dare play with her dignity. Dev gifted Geet a red duputta, he takes her izzat away so how can the duputta symbolise her izzat and isn't a red duputta symbolism of a married women, which she never was. There are times when Geet rips her own duputta to help MSK even when he was still like a stranger to her, why does she do this without any hesitation because it's just a duputta nothing else, cause this would mean Geet is tearing her izzat for MSK, which MSK would never allow happen.

Duputtas have been notoriously used in all Indian dramas as way of having romantic scenes, the classic example, duputta gets trapped heroine thinks the hero is responsible but it's a nail or something. Now I never heard that the duputta was symbolising the heroine's izzat in these shows even when they have had similar scenes with their lead pairs, but because Geet has had such a traumatic past in this show, we are all adding two and two together and coming up with these theories.

3. Names

Dev

The name Dev is derived from the Sanskrit word Deva which means god. Now whether you believe in god or is not the issue, as we don't have any qualm's over this Khurana sibling's existence (maybe some over whether they are true brothers or not), now who could I be hinting to, let's all take a moment to ponder this ongoing conundrum. However, I think everyone agrees that Dev is more devil like than God like.

First of all let's look at the reason Dev came into Geet's life and why he needed the money, were his intentions good, but his way of going about achieving it wrong, was he a misguided soul? No, Dev needed the money to save his own skin after creating huge debts gambling. Gambling is thought of as a sin in many religions. So we all make mistakes in our lives at some point, it's how we react to them and rectify them that shows your true character. Could he not work to earn some money to pay off his debts, like anyone else would? But instead of working hard to sort out his debts, he decides to try take a shortcut route full of lies, fraud and deceit, where an innocent girl was made to pay the price for his mistakes.

The plan itself was sickening and evil to say the least. Although the mastermind was someone else, Dev did not have any problems going along with this plan which makes him equally as guilty to begin with. The responsibility and success of the plan lay at his hands as he was the main character in this charade, if he was not comfortable with what he was doing, the plan would flop but he displayed no problems or discomfort, showing he is a man who does not have a conscious.

Geet's family were happy with the rishta as it was from Canada and he came across as a decent guy, so what was the need to make Geet fall for him. It was not like Geet's family cared whether she said yes or no to the rishta, if Daarji was happy this shaadi was happening, so why the need to such romantic gestures as showering Geet with rose petals. The plan up to this point was cruel enough, make Geet fall in love with you then marry her despite already having a wife, steal her land and jewellery and then ditch her at the airport, but this wasn't enough for him' He decides to cross all limits and boundaries of humanity and has a SR with Geet, despite knowing he is going to ditch her the next day, he couldn't control his selfish needs for one night despite being happily married. According to Indian law this SR would be classified as rape. Despite cheating on his wife, Dev should no remorse and even slapped NT when she questioned him about what he was doing. Finally, there is Meera, despite all of he has done, he still has the nerve to go for no3 in the show, he never misses a chance this one.

Naintara = star of our eyes

Star of our eyes is like saying someone is the apple of our eyes ie they are cherished and loved above others. However, Naintara is one of the loneliest characters in the whole of GHSP. To begin with she had a loving husband and was accepted by all (apart from MSK) as the daughter in law of the Khurana family. However, after making plans to mess up Geet's life, she invertedly messed up and destroyed her own life and alienated herself from everyone. Her poisoned thoughts slowly eroded and dissolved any love Dev once had for her in his heart. With Dev having deserted her and moved with Meera, she drafted in PQ to help her in battle to get revenge, however, as soon as PQ discovered the truth NT was alone again. Even Sasha and Tasha ditched her seeing what depths she was willing to sink to. Dev although not deservedly seems to have found someone who can overlook his past, whilst NT all on her lonesome, until the recent entry of her bro. Arjun will leave her side too once he knows the actual truth just like PQ did, it's just a matter of time and NT will be left with no one in the world to call her own once again.

Brij

His name was throwing up lots of different meanings on google so I have decided to discuss something else related to this character, his famous red tilak. The tilak is applied at the point which symbolises where your third eye/spiritual eye would be. The spiritual eye and its opening is linked to spiritual enlightenment and mediation. I don't think Brij does yoga and mediates, he just doesn't take me as the type. As for him having reached spiritual enlightenment... err I don't think soo unless go on murdering spree is a new way of cleansing the mind and soul.

Arjun

Arjun means white. White is synonymous with being the colour of the side of good, the hero's colour but Arjun hasn't come to be a hero, sorry NES. Right now Arjun is a very dark and dangerous character, who wants to get revenge for what he thinks his sister has gone through. Arjuna from the Mahabarat was famous for never failing to hit the target and being undefeatable. But will Arjun really bring down MSK and keep him there, obviously not as we can't have evil triumph over good, what kind of message would this send out, so his aim is going to falter at some point and miss the target and that is when MSK will rise again. How far will Arjun go to get his revenge, we will have to wait and see.

Anwesha

Anwesha does not mean non-existent, therefore it is not symbolic of her character, case closed. This was by far the easiest part of this theme 🤣🤣🤣

Manisha

Means sharp intellect, genius and sagacity. I'm not going to even bother to explain this one, PM me if you need help, but don't expect a reply 🤣🤣🤣 

4. Celestial bodies

As if we don't get enough gazing into each other's eyes, we now get constant moon and star gazing. These two are going to have really high optician bills in the future. Maan and his constant wooing under the moon, where do I begin with this one. I think I have cracked this and it answers a few other questions that have been bothering the devils for ages, ps it's nothing to do with symbolization. We have been wondering about MSK's parents for a while well I think the CVs are trying to enlighten us with MSK's past with these moon scenes as MSK is really half human and half werewolf. I don't know who was the werewolf was but I think it was his mum and when Mr Khurana senior found out her secret he went and re-married. This is the reason why no one mentions Maan's parents and why MSK really hates women as his mum made him half werewolf. This also explains why MSK was not very good at things like showing human emotions especially in the beginning and his stalkers skills he has heighted sense of smell which helps him locate Geet easily.   Geet seems to have tamed his inner wolf with her love but it still comes out and now again. So what happens to this love struck half were-wolf when there is a full moon, of which they are absurdly high amount of in GHSP. It is kinda similar to how a true werewolf would be affected, the gravitational pull of the full moon affects the tides and as the brain contains a high % of water, the full moon messes up with the werewolf's mind making them go mad which causes their savage side to come forth. With MSK the full moon, messes up his head making him dangerously diabetic coma inducing level sick with his romantic talks or say crazy absurd things like stars are giving salaami to his and Geet's rishta.  

Speaking of stars that brings us on to the very common occurrence of shooting stars in GHSP whenever Maan and Geet are around. Shooting stars are masses of debris, falling through the sky leaving a streak of light behind them on entry into the earth's atmosphere. Now that sounds very dull and boring, therefore, they have been given a makeover to symbolize something romantic and sweet, which they are not. Whatever way you try to dress it up, masses of debris will remain debris. Shooting stars are not falling because the stars are looking down and us thinking, wah what a jodi, I better take a trip to planet Earth to let them know I approve and they have my blessing otherwise they might break up knowing the stars don't approve of their rishta. Shooting stars would become an even rarer sight than they already are in that case then.

5. Colours

How many more different white outfits for Geet can they come up with, we have had the all styles from sari to salwar suit 😆 the costume designers must be getting fed up 🤣 The constant use of white and red, does is it really add anything to the scenes by using these colours, is it meant to even be adding anything to the scenes or are they only used because they are Maan and Geet's favourite colours. I personally don't care what colours they wear in scenes as it's the dialogues and the acting that should bring across the romance and passion, for example, I don't need to see them in red clothes, if they wear blue the message will still come across. The use of symbolism is supposed to add to the scene and overuse of the same colours repeatedly as symbolism blunts its effect if there was any. Whenever we see white clothes in the show, we expect good scenes but Dev entered in white clothes, so didn't that mean he was supposed to be the hero and not the baddie in the show. The episode when NT breaks the truth to Geet about Dev being married to her and where she tells her to abort the baby, is the first time in the show Geet wears white. So before the maaneet love story white was just white and didn't symbolise anything but as soon as this love story began everyone started to see white with a different perspective, isn't that interesting to notice.

So I could go on even further but it's new years day and I think I have made you suffer enough already 🤣🤣🤣
Edited by Sigma - 13 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Sigma thumbnail

Sandipa's take posted on her behalf

Symbolism…

Happy New year to all of you wonderful Geet Addicts and all my lovely virtual friends…

I would like to thank Nissar  and the entire team of GSHP for entertaining us beyond our imagination. We have spent countless hours on analyzing each episode aired so far with love, anger, compassion so today I would like to talk about the symbolism which we tried to find in everything ..first I thought it is silly me but my hunger for it went ahead when Nissiar reinforced that he too has symbolism in his episodes..so what did I need more.

Let's start with the names and its symbolism

GEET-  means a "song" so her character is like a song with a story and "full of life and music". She takes life a song and everyday she starts with a new beginning with humming for a better day.

Geet also means the melody…she brings melody into Maan's life.

MAAN- "Respect." He demands respect and people give him respect. He also gives respect to the humanity and womanhood. He accepted Geet with all her past baggage which is difficult for any man of our society to do but he gave respect to Geet and to mankind.

Pinky-People with this name tend to be filled with the joy of life, quite imaginative and enthusiastic.

Savetri means "relating to the sun" in Sanskrit. We have seen like sun she is the only one who has been constantly bringing light in Maan's life and be there for him everyday.

Adi-The name of a Malay warrior\'s teacher.." so Adi has been a warrior at KC fort, he is a true warrior of KC and its welfare. He is also a teacher who comes with logical solutions to many including Geet, Maan, Pinky.

Dev- "God" when he first landed on the show he acted like god for Geet, He  created the image of God in front of Geet's family and Geet by showering Geet with love, respect but he was an evil in God's form.

Nainatara- means "eyes seeking for  Stars"…so she always had big ambition in her life and to fulfill those goals she always went tout of her way to reach the stars!

Dupatta. –As we all know is a scarf is synonymous with feminine modesty.

Dupatta with different colors- It has been the great symbol since the first episode aired.

If you remember the April 5th episode, Geet falls from her sccoty and leaves the dupatta so that she could reach home early.

She leaves that white dupatta- which signifies her purity, innocence and we see that white dupatta in Dev's hand  which symbolizes that Dev will be responsible to protect her purity and innocence.

When she reaches home Darji punishes her for not wearing dupatta, so it can be taken as a source of feminism and protest as well as a tool of imposition and oppression.

On the episode 12th April-Dev gives Geet "Red dupatta" and tells her that he dreams of making her his and tells her that wherever happens between them  he'll feel that he is attached to her becoz of that red dupatta…as  for it is true…because of that marriage "even fake" but Geet will always be attached to Dev because of that red dupatta in which he makes her his bride and till date Geet has some kind of attachment to Dev due to their baby.

Again on 13th April- Geet's family put that red dupatta on her forehead for the engagement ceremony…here dupatta is symbol where it was used as a tool of  control by her family to marry her against her wishes.

Then the scene which none of us can forget is April 20th a Geet's  blue dupatta flies away and lands on Maan's head….again the symbol is Blue Dupatta- blue color of virgin Mary- which we normally compare Geet to Virgin Mary and also  symbolizes Geet's purity and also the harmony & unity about to come between Maan & Geet. That incident does bring Maan and Geet together and Maan becomes her savior.

Maan gives her dupatta back symbolizing giving her honor back!

May 14-  When Geet was locked in a room by Brij..Geet tries to reach out to police and throws her yellow dupatta for her rescue , the yellow dupatta lands on Maan's head and Maan comes to find Geet. This yellow dupatta symbolizes dishonesty, cowardice which Geet's family did to Maan and yellow is also color of hope so that time Maan was the only hope for Geet.

May 18- Again Geet covers herself with yellow dupatta and visits Maan to get the information of the agent, Maan unveils her dupatta a sign of knowing Geet or unveiling her preconceived image…as she answers Maan questions regarding her self respect to Maan.

Again we see Geet wearing her white dupatta during her visit to Golden temple….again the symbol of purity and also white color is the color of angles and gods, as the color reflects that which is sacred and pure.

Then on office "hum tum ek kaamare mei band" we see for the first time Maan holding her blue dupatta with all the symbolic references already discussed for that element - that is, blue usually indicates femininity, life, purity, etc., just as water does. So Maan it is an indication that Maan will give her the new life.

Another significant moment we see Maan taking out Geet's dupatta which was stuck on thorns at the office and both of them are touching each other and Maan taking her dupatta out of those thorns……symbolizes that Maan will slowly help her to set Geet free from her misery and obstacles so now the symbol together they will fight and face the problems.

An episode where Maan wipes his face with Geet's dupatta to clean the ink symbolizes that Maan is also taking help of Geet to overcome his past and yellow dupatta signifies that Geet is the hope for Maan's happiness. Also we see how he covers Geet with the dupatta in front of Raasika which signifies that Maan will protect her honor and respect and will not let others do any harm on her reputation.

Then when Geet's tell Maan about her pregnancy and she was trying to tell him the whole story, we saw both of them mere inches away and Maan was holding her green dupatta.. so that time green dupatta signifies jealousy, envy, and misfortune.

Sept 21st-    - Geet's  duppatta is stuck again with Maan. This time  it was the Gathabandhan where a knot is tied using the ends of the clothing worn by the bride and groom(dupatta & Maan's watch)  and as in marriage the knot signifies the sacred wedlock

There are many more dupatta story but for now lets stop..

Other symbols

Taveez.....we all love it and know it!

Candles- We see repeatedly that MSK burning candles in darkness symbolizes that in the hour of darkness he will be the light of her life and wherever she will go she will take his love always. He assuring her that even the wildest storm won't be able to keep him away from her!

Roses (white & RED) combo shows the unconditional love between them.

Nov 23- Store room.....full of symbolism

That day  another loop was closed by Nissar….remember that dark room where MSK was there locking himself and clinging to his past where Geet tries to enter but in this epi we saw a similar room where Geet enters again but before MSK !

Dark room slowly becomes illuminated as Geet enters and we see two statues of goddess, room full of boxes, ray of light coming from outside, two doves near each other. Then Geet slowly walks towards the boxes where lights are falling which signify how Geet was igniting all the happiness of their love !

Statues of Goddess -

Geet enters the room in between the two statues of goddess. According to Vastu decoration the two statues kept on the side of each door signify that both the sides of door are believed to protect the home dwellers from any untoward event.  So it signified that Geet is protected from all evils!

Doves-

Doves are symbol of peace and love so two birds are together so Maaneet together….when chandelier falls …MSK pulls Geet and doves fly signifies that Doves are sometimes released at Christian weddings.. so they completed their vows in marriage that day.

Ray of light

Geet enters towards light and start opening the boxes...shows she has opened her past and removed her emotional and past baggage's and she opened three boxes...

First one.....her pregnancy
Second one- Fake marriage
Third one- Dev the culprit... So it shows that she opened herself and brought light to her past !

There are other symbolism but before you'll throw tomatoes I'll stop here.

AnjanaYYZ thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6
NEW "THEME" DEN FORMAT
All who have opened the theme dens the last few weeks have done a brilliant job. Take a bow Ash, An, Bri, Geeta, Parm, Marsha, Jyoti, Gou, Shonu, Dits, Ash08, Smita, Ann, Vandana, Nabila, and Sinistera.   The other analyzers have also done a super job of discussing each theme.   

There are more surprises ahead, so please con't to co-operate.  We may occasionally have to re-do to get the ordering of reserves for the main analyzers correct.  So, "don't post"  while the title remains "under construction" unless invited by the opener.  The Opener will re-title and open the den to all at the end of the episode.  

Some of the openers in the new year may well be non-devils.  I am sure you will give them a warm welcome.  If you have concern about this or ideas about theme dens we should do then please let me know via PM.  I won't be around much the next 3-4 weeks, but will con't do manage the schedule.  

HAPPY NEW YEAR

Maan ki "Geet" and Geet ki "Maan"
Geet is Maan's SONG and Maan is Geet's HONOUR.  She taught him to live life and makes his heart SING.  He restored her lost HONOUR and Self-confidence at every step.  A SYMBOLIC FEAT! NEAT!

Den Question of the Week
In a 1000 words or less the "Symbolism" of this picture:
= Entries do not count unless u submit it to me via PM!

Edited by AnjanaYYZ - 13 years ago
Sigma thumbnail

DISCLAIMER

The information here is Xclusive to de Den ONLY! Read n FORGET IT!  Infringe our CopyRite and Anj will make u watch the "India Paints" Videos till u c the Light! Everyone Is Welcome, so Post Post! We are like Appy Fizz and Grappo Fizz....Cool to de Core!   
- Devils of the Devil's Den-

EVIL RULES

1. If U don't like the Devil's Den residents then just fly away!  We don't like to be mean hosts!

2. U can only jappoo Geet HSP ki Geet at Den - So, stay in your maryaada and don't jam about other shows!

3. The Den is not just about CONfakes, but reel takes so discuss dey story constructively in all its glory😃

Do dish about the Actors, but don't diss em or their frogs!  Anj won't post ur IF bail!

5. This is not Dadimaa's Darbar, so don't spam about the best way to bake ham, etc.!

6. We r going to open new Den before airtime and shift there once the show finishes whether u ve reserved ya not!  So, be PHAAST!

7. Don't QUOTE use "@" to reply varna you will get a Watt o Unwanted pics that will make ur eyes snap crackle n pop!  Max of 1 quote is okkie if u really must - that's all.

8. Naya Den if we run outta the original 1 for the day can be opened by anyone, but only post these rules & the link to the old den in the 1st post.  Don't forget to leave link of 2ndary dens in original one for the day.  

9. There is Devilsden A/C.  Its for emergencies & our awesome Kreations Corner 

DEVIL'S PLEDGE 

All the Devils raise hand and repeat after me 
"I SOLEMNLY SWEAR THAT I AM UPTO NO GOOD" 
"And hereby Pledge to diss All de Spoilers n Spoof de Pictures" 

WATCH ON STAR PLAYER 

Star Player is testing whether they could go live at the same time or within the half-an-hour of airtime, but are NOT

Previous DENS with THEMES

Introduction on the SHOW's THEME
https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/topic/1566472

Dadi
https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/topic/1567872

Potential Plot lines (MB)
https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/topic/1568732

MSK
https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/topic/1569633

Dev
https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/topic/1570540

Aesthetics (make up etc)
https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/topic/1571442

Dialogues
https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/topic/1572317

Brij and Yash
https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/topic/1573564

Sameera
https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/topic/1574594

Arjun
https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/topic/1575672

Marketing
https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/topic/1576750

Geet
https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/topic/1577842

INDEX

p 1 Sigma, Sandipa, Anj, Geeta, Jhan, Jaya's takes
p2 Starlite, Sharmishtha, Ash, Jyo, Nabz, Smita, Priti and Sree's takes
p3 Priti, Pooja, Caco's TSD, Resmi, Marsha, Ms Taveez, Polki (daadi) takes

p4-5 General talk about good episode and bad NES-NEB scene, Bri posts one liners on p5
p6 Pixie (Shradha) wants to steal MSK's magic potion, few pointers from Jyo on epi, Marsha's thoughts and Jhan's request to the CVs
p8 Shradhav posts a new year gift 😆
p10 Vini's feelings on NES-NEB and their bg music and Polki (daadi) thoughts on arjun and brij 😆
p11 Caco explains Arjun's appeal, Daadi renames MSK Creepy Munda, Zarmyna's take, Jhan's wish for no NES scenes on NYD rant 😆

p12 Resmi and her alarm choices, Caco sets a big boss challenge, Jhan's views on NES NEB track😆
p13 Vicky talk
p15 Caco's Brij blackmail plan 😆 Ann's thoughts, Daaku on symbolism
p17 Anj's take on NES's attraction to Arjun
p114 Mehr's entry with her phoolo ke baarish for a couple of pages 😃
p129 Mari comes out of stalking for some chocolate apples 🤣

Sigma thumbnail

So I'm back again with my episode analysis 😛😆 Me doing analysis, 2011 has already been a year of surprises for me and the den so far 😆

I thought the CVs kicked off the year with a good episode 👏 thank you, didn't want to have analyse a bad episode 😆

Things I liked

Geet tells Maan she thought someone was in the room and he goes to check straight away, he didn't tell your just imagining things as your scared of the dark. Maan takes no risks when it comes to Geet's safety 👍🏼

After seeing Brij's shadow, Maan rushes to take Geet into his arms and breaks his kasam in the process 😃

Good expressions from DD in the hug scene first there was fear and worry then Geet feels safe and security in Maan's arm so her expression change again to reflect this and finally as soon as Geet feels safe her expresssion changes to a smile during the hug as she realises Maan has broken his no touch kasam 😆 Maan holds her soo tightly and protectively as he wonders who could be trying to hurt  his Geet 😳 Maan also look down to check if she is ok and then holds her even closer, nice subtle touches there. Maan's dialogue about breaking the kasam, shows once again how Geet is the most important and precious person in his life 😳

Geet tries to convince MSK it must have been her imagination after seeing him all worried and wanting her to move to the main house but MSK tells her he saw him and he can't take any risks about her safety. I like how he didn't try to hide the fact that he saw something from Geet.

Geet wants to come to the main house as his bride, I liked how MSK respected her wishes even though he was worried about her safety, he didn't force her to move in but came up with another solution so that Geet was happy and his concerns were also addressed.

Maan's solution 😆 Stalker is going all hitech on us now 😆 

MSK confesses his stalker hearts desire to watch her 24/7 😆 and now with CCTV cameras his dreams are coming true 😆 Geet reminds of how he was a good stalker with out cameras 😆 She encourages the stalker in him even more 😆 Jodi made in heaven ❤️

I'm glad there was a mention of Geet and her family during the wedding preps, the fact that MSK brought the issue up, nice touch, it was like in scene when they were locked in the office together he brought her family up there too.

Now this opens up a potential track for MSK to bring back Geet's family, it will be hard to get them back in time for the wedding esp since they have disappeared according to Dev if he really did go look for them that is.

I don't know if they can bring the family back in time but as Geet is alone in the outhouse, I really think he should get some of Geet's friends like Pinky to move in with her til the wedding.

MSK looked HAWT in his black vest ☺️☺️☺️☺️☺️☺️

MSK enjoys his own brought Xmas present, the CCTV camera network and watches Geet in his bedroom 😆 Geet knows her stalker well so she rings up and plays hide and seek with him 😆 MSK gets alll worried as he hasn't got all the angles covered since the number of cameras he put up 😆 but the Geet decides to go peek a boo before MSK calls out the CCTV installers on new years day 😆

NES and Arjun - 🤢 sums it up

Brij was good as usual, still going on about his family's izzat, character consistency 100% there😆 His plan has been made harder by the cameras so lets see what he will do now. Arjun and Brij aren't together in their plans so Brij's bail and how he knew where to find maaneet remains a mystery, please give us a FB scene CVs as this needs to be explained, was it NT's plan but then why would she keep it from Arjun?

geet.a thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4

WOW Parm..this was really AWESOME!👏 and funny too!!
😆😆

Hey eveyone!!
HEre is something on Symbolism :)
Episode analysis below
A symbol in lit usually is used to shed further light(a symbol of illumination!! ROFL) on a particular theme, dialogue,thought etc..

It can be used to shed light- by either Satirizing the said theme..or by using it in its literal meaning.

Taweez was the first symbol( i think) we saw in the show- Destiny.
The chanciness of destiny- that is what it has highlighted..

The Baba, parrot or whatever was right- because it was mere chance.
There was a huge probability that it wouldn't happen- but it did.
The taweez kept coming back as a reminder of chance- how the self-determined girl wasn't the only one determining her own life...that the randomness which is a part of all human life isn't always due to clumsiness or circumstances but a khichdi of things and an arbiter which is arbitrary 😆 and abstract.

This was the basis of symbolism on which perhaps was built up the love story- or started to.
As a chance- it might have not been the result of their falling in love- but they did fall in love.

Coincidence- of course- Maan wouldn't have been there if he could help it...but in the beginning he WAS there...coincidentally..that taweez was the indicator of chance...a reminder that it could be..or not..

But gradually as their feelings got stronger ..the taweez became a symbol of their love- a Chance (or chances) that led to the fruition of a relationship for life.

She put it round his neck as a reminder of their love.
which is usually seen as the biggest risk of anyone's life.

That symbol stayed as a reminder of Destiny- and their Love
it's a love token now...but might be used further

Of course- even in literature-  a symbol changes with the theme..it doesn't remain constant throughout ;)

The way taweez continued to be shown so many times..it became a symbol..

A thing becomes a symbol when WE see something in it..whether it's there or not...whether it was intended in that way or not- is a limited and a limiting question because well..a symbol is GIVEN out to be INTERPRETED in everyone's own way😳

A ROSe- can stand for anything- for anyone.
But to prevent it from becoming extremely abstract...it is given a context.

In every 'symbol' we have- whether it be dialogue loops, scene loops,pictures, or objects(including celestial bodies) we have contexts that keep changing...so..the symbol and our interpretation keeps changing as well..

I love what PRam said about the Moon..I agree..and the shooting stars too..

but see we have associated things with shooting stars and the moon for centuries( trust me...I have READ completely moony people that form the Canon of Lit today)

Celestial bodies used because of their permanence and the associated interpretations that continue to stick to most of them are very difficult to shake off..

so even if Moon comes out every day and is merely a satellite- it is shown to be full moon in GHSP, although there is also amavasya- because it looks pretty and is associated with certain things that add a certain etherial quality to Maneet...

I'm still writing..but it's time for the show..so I'll be back!
😆

Symbolism about names on the premise-

Dev- IRONY IRONY...look what he pretended to be and who he turned out to be

MAan- Respect. 

Geet- SONG. and associations with it- Life, music, love

Geet ka Maan- geet's respect and self-respect - he supported her in her journey- being there and sometimes by not being there

Maan ki Geet- She taught maan to LIVE again..he now views life with an open heart and mind.

Nain Tara- well...tara of everyone's eyes- that is what she wants to be...the best..she wants it all..she's ambitious and determined..she's also an attention seeker..ROFL...
And ironically- she is anything but a taara of anyone's eye..except her brothers'

Meera- Will be devoted to her love and friendship for Dev ...till now..let's see what happens aage

Arjun- White. He isn't..LOL

See, names are played around with and have certain associations with it..it adds to the richness of character when their very names become the anti-thesis of their character

Dupatta
Im not going to redo a thesis on Dupatta..
I believe it's a matter of honor because it is worn to cover a woman against exposure.
I don't know how..but it does..LOL..geet hasn't been wearing it for fashion but it goes with her attire- in the sense that her thought process is that of a punjabi girl who has respect for her self and that respect involves having an open-ness of thought while combining her tradition. 

Whenever she has torn her dupatta- it has been her giving a PERSONAL object v closely associated with her to bind Maan's injuries.

and when maan saved Geet..the dupatta flew on his head...it came into his hand and onto him...transposing a part of HER attire- one SHE associates with her self-respect to Maan

Dev couldn't remove her dupatta when it got stuck.
dev took away her privacy.

Geet allowing maan to come into her private space is therefore what v basically the dupatta is about..
The whole honor thing is then built up from this basic idea I think...

(im trying to retrace associations here as Im sure Sandy has already done a brilliant job with the symbol detailing :)) )

Other symbols- are used in their traditional associations with colors and what they evoke.

we think white and we think- clean, we think pure
We think Green and we think trees..grass...nature.
we think red and we think..etc etc
we think black and we think..etc etc

:))

About Pictures=
BABY is the biggest symbol being used...NOW I hope she get's converted from a symbol to a living being
Paintings of the Virgin Mary, and other ones have been used to indicate certain things and those were consciously done.

I'm going to be chup now..LOL
and end by saying this-

Symbolists usually live in their own world- didn't care about the logic- as the movement came up as a reaction to the Rationalism of their age. They give symbols out sometimes so abstract that they cannot be interpreted..
For eg- the French Symbolists
LOL
Trust me again- those poems - anything meant everything and vice-versa..ROFL

I have loved the water and mirror symbolisms- and perhaps some of them were also very consciously used

but really at the end- it's what we make of the symbols and the diversity of opinion we get when and if we look at them and interpret them that adds depth and detailing to the episodes.
 That also tells us about ourselves more because at the end it is how WE view things that matter and not how we are SHOWN them😳
😃

Love to all!

Edited

Anj ka answer- Picture symbolism...

A horse is a symbol of strength- because its a STRONG animal! ROFL!!
To be astride a horse is seen as an image of control.
Usually Grooms sit on a horse or a mare in their weddings to show  that image of control, that the groom is ready to take on responsibility of a life together with his bride, that he can control . MSK also is holding the reign of the horse...
And MSK is definitely that.
He is MAANGod..the HERO...the savior etc etc and the Epic Hero(well- so what he is not riding in a chariot?)

MAan is a punju, but I see the kirpan is missing- which shows that the groom is willing to Protect the bride and all..it would have been a very nice effect 

MSK had told Geet they would get married with all "Reeti-riwaaz" and looks like that is going to happen!😳

The image completely goes with MSK ka nature...look how proud he's sitting with a happy Geet in his arms...he's holding her tightly (so she doesn't fall off), and she has her arm around his neck- completely comfortable and in a loving pose- they are a perfect fit😉

Horses are also, In western tradition seen as the most rational of creatures and MSK has prided himself on his rationale..but the presence of Geet on that horse with him also shows that their togetherness will be a combination of the rational ( of the brain) and the spirit and the heart

So basically, I see it as an image of Maan and Geet ki sense of responsibility and confidence to embark on a new journey together...with or without the ghodi!😉

BEsides- He does look AWESOMELY HAWT here!!

Episode Analysis

Will be in points as I'm really sleepy now..

1. I loved the breaking of kasam...interpreted it right  yesterday :P
No kasam or vow is greater than Geet's safety for him.

I liked the hugs, and the reassurance.
I liked how he noticed and was wary but didn't want to worry Geet.

2. his quick action of putting cameras gave him opportunities to stalk the girl...LOL
He looked HAWT in that vest!!

3. ohh..Brij's darkness was replaced with the light of Maneet's love!😆

4. Mention of the family...I loved this scene much as I was pained by it..

But Geet mentions she's not a handa anymore..she's Geet soon to be Khurana but she left her parivaar.
She was missing her mom-dad though😭 and I liked how MSK guessed..brilliant!

5. Geet reassuring Maan that she's okay..that he needn't be so superstitious..
HEr saying she doesn't want to go to the mansion because her dream is to go to the house as his wife, holding his hand. (they had entered like that when they had gone to talk to dadi post KBM)

6.MAneet convo ...Maan watching her while Geet talking to him.

Geet maan convo- about Good Night..ROFL!! yahi kar sakta hai Maan...
About New hopes for the coming year..
Geet being MRs MSK
Maan being MR Geet.🤣

This scene I LOVED!!!

7. Arjun-Annie scene- Please please get that girl to show some rudiments of expression in her eyes.
Arjun looked good...
The water drinking scene...(sujal....:D) 
I would love to see her attraction and desire..but dikhayee toh sahi!!!
let him seduce...LOL

The fall-catch I don't like..(the precap)

8.BRIj
MY oh my...
That expression was KILLER...and KILLING..the constant clutching the dagger...hmm hands itching to kill her off eh?
I LOVED how he said Maan.
His vengeance and his thirst for Geet's blood is really scary...
and he's conniving too...ab brain uska hai ya kisi aur ka i dunno..
he said not even an iron wall can protect Geet from me.

But maan is Geet's himmat and taaqat...much more than a physical barrier...
could it be that when Geet is being harmed- Arjun saves her and therefore gets immeditately an entry in MSK's good books.
and in that way Arjun uses Brij.

We need to know who bailed Brij out and how he came so fast. This really needs to be shown and I hope it will be!

HE does mention today that the family was scattered because of Geet and what she did.
the family izzat..and all.
Didn't he think of izzat when he was out murdering???!!!😡

Arjun- Brij interaction
Haan ya naa? do they know each other?
Or is NT the only connect between them?
Or are they here for their distinct reasons but will be allies later?

Very nice potential here and needs to be thought out by the CV's...hope they have something v v exciting in mind..

Brij seeing Arjun-NE together...well..he looked pretty disgusted...LOL! I wonder why!

barry- good dialogue

Gc,Dd, Behzaad-great job guys!!

taaliyan!

love to all!!

Edited by geet.a - 13 years ago
liv2laugh thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4

Symbols are the imaginative signposts of life - Margot Asquith

Symbolism is an extremely powerful tool used to convey a message and the Geet team has been excellent at using symbolism as a means to an end.

The name Geet means a song and songs generally evoke happy memories. The character of Geet herself is a happy go lucky girl and so the name fits her. Just like every song tells a story, this is the story of her life. Every song has a mood and so this is the story of her emotions - happiness, sadness, betrayal, love and motherhood. Every song has paragraphs and in the series these portray different segments of her life.

The character of Geet is a symbol of battle against the odds. She represents women who are duped by NRI husbands, shunned by their families and left to live a life of misery for no fault of theirs, other than being too trusting of their families. 😡 It is her fight for truth and justice.

The character of Maan is that of a prince charming that many of these women do not see in real life.

The name Maan means respect. When you use the word Maan it also evokes an image of someone who is virtuous and sticks to his ethics. Maan Singh Khurana is all that. To take it further he will make Geet his wife and return to her the respect that his brother took from her. So he returns Geet's maan and sammaan to her by making her his.

The name Dev means god but his character is the antithesis of that and is infact the devil in the show. People can make the argument that even gods falter and should be forgiven, but there is a difference between a mistake (faltering) and a crime and what Dev did falls into the latter category. In my eyes he committed an unforgivable sin.

The name Anvesha means the non-existent one who ever since she came has been a consistent source of distress and outrage to all concerned. She is one character who is currently torturing the audience and will continue to do so 🤢. Even in the series she will put her brother, sister-in-law and her grandmother in a tight spot because she just wants to get laid and with whom seems to be of little interest to her. 🤢 Overall someone who should never have existed and will only create trouble for everyone. A character meant for everyone to disown. 😆 😆 😆
          A word to the CVs the way you have shaped this character no one will have any pity or sympathy for her when Arjun dumps her. They will all say she had it coming. Unless that is what you planned, I say you better be careful. Iss Anvesha ke chakkar mein kahin aap TRPs ke anveshana karthe na reh jaaye (In trying to fix up this Anvesha hope you do not end up searching for lost TRPs).

In my mind the two most powerful symbols that have bound Maaneet together from the beginning are the taveez and the duppata. Maybe Geet hid the taveez between her dupattas for safekeeping after the saintly person gave it to her. So the duppatas acquired some powers from the taveez and in turn started attracting her true partner - Maan - towards her whenever she wore them. 🤣
🤣🤣🤣. From that point on the duppatas and the taveez were in this together - true partners in crime, in cahoots with each other 🤣🤣🤣🤣. You don't believe me think about this -The dupattas always wanted to go to Maan and Maan had to leave whatever he was doing to come cover Geet with the duppata again to save her lajj. 🤣🤣🤣🤣.

Of course this was all engineered by the all knowing taveez 😈 - whose one point agenda was to get these two together.

So courtesy the taveez and the duppata, Maan was always Geet's protector - protecting her dignity, her self respect and her honor. 😉

Jokes aside the taveez has always brought them together - moving with ease from one to the other - sometimes appearing magically when one of them needed reassurance 😉.......it has a touch of magic in it and has kept them together and will keep them together till eternity.

Uss taveez ne inhe bandha hai
aise mazbooth bandhan mein
chode na chutega thode na toogega
ye natha saathon janam mein

Episode analysis
When Geet tells Maan that she felt someone was there he takes her seriously and investigates. He sees a shadow move around and his suspicions are confirmed. Even as he is comforting Geet, we see Maan thinking about who would want to harm his beloved and why. Intelligent Maan is back 😎. I further liked the fact that when Geet tried to convince him that maybe she was mistaken, he told her right out that he saw a shadow. Their relationship had moved to a point where he does not have to hide things from her especially when it comes to her safety.

Geet is not as worried and wants to go back to sleep but Maan will have none of it. Geet telling Maan that he broke his promise and Maan's retort that for her he will not take any promises if it means that she will be happy. This shows what Geet really means to Maan. She is everything to him.

Maan asks Geet to move into the mansion and Geet refuses. She explain to Maan that she would like to come in as his bride and not before that and Maan understands. He tells her to go sit with NE while he looks around. Our man does not waste any time and has CCTV cameras installed immediately everywhere. 😎 Nice move Mr. Stalker. Now he has a reason to stalk her into her own bedroom and watch her every move. 🤣 🤣 ....let me say this I find it kinda cute but kinda creepy at the same time 😳.....yeah what can I say I am a confused personality 😳

Brij of course is worried that now the cameras are up his job is going to be harder. Brij trips and Maan is like "sambhalke" but stalker is too busy making sure the cameras are in place so that he can stalk his prey in peace 😎 and cannot bothered to be disturbed to check on an unknown person 😆 😆 😆.

Geet comes in to find the cameras installed and Maaneet have a convo about how Maan can always see Geet with his eyes open and closed 🥱. Then Maan tells her that even though this is her maayka the truth of the matter is that she is all alone here - there is no one with her (dude her brother made an appearance 😉). Geet confesses that she misses her parents and Maan apologizes for raking up the issue. Will Maan bring her parents to the wedding? That remains to be seen.

I watched the NES-NEB scenes in FF mode and have to state that I am completely and totally disgusted by NES and refuse to watch her anymore. She is destroying your show and as a result I am not even watching Piyush. I like Piyush he is a good performer but I cannot watch this woman destroy the poor guy's hardwork with her non-expressions 😳 ......trust me people will even watch a NEB-Tasha track better than this NES-NEB nonsense. 😡

So Maan is watching Geet through the CCTV cameras as Geet gets ready to sleep. She plays with him by disappearing but is on the phone so he knows she is ok. Munda looked hot in his vest and kudi looked cute in her night dress. Their conversation was also cute. It was funny how he made her wait and let her think he forgot before wishing her happy new year. They promise each other lots of nice things in the new year and how their relationship is going to be the best. 👍🏼

Brij sitting with the blueprints 😲 🤔....huh......whatever 😕.....trying to figure out where to enter the house from in order to escape the cameras. Arjun calls him and tells him to come to office and Brij figures he might was well kill Geet there. In the precap he overhears her telling Maan tht she might not be a Khurana yet but ain't a Handa either because that ceased the day she left home.

Brij is planning and this is good 👍🏼. Brij is after her because she destroyed his purkhon ki izzat 🤢. With Maan it is more of a personal vendetta.
Brij  diktha toh hai like a mustanda 😉
But does he not understand this funda
Don't take Maan se panga 😈
Nothing will ever again be changa 😆
All your plans will be phail 😆 😆 😆
Soon you will be back in jail 🤣

Please can we have more of Brij and the office crowd and less of NES who cannot act worth peanuts. 😡

REQUEST TO CVs

MAANEET SCENES ON NES-NEB DO NOT REUSE 😡
TO WATCH THIS CRAPPY RECYCLING WE REFUSE 😡
WHAT YOU ARE DOING TO US CONSTITUTES ABUSE 😡
TO SAVE OUR SANITY, OURSELVES WE WILL HAVE TO RECUSE 😡

I THINK IT IS HIGH TIME YOU RECOGNIZE
THAT NES-NEB ROMANCE IS A TURN OFF ALWAYS
IT DOES NOT MATTER WHAT THE TIME OR THE PLACE
THEIR ROMANCE HAS NEITHER PASSION NOR GRACE
QUIT SHOVING IT DOWN OUR THROATS, SLOW THE PACE
HEED OUR CRIES AND GIVE US SOME BREATHING SPACE

IF YOU DO NOT HEAR THE CRIES
A WORD FROM THE WISE
ALL YOUR HARD WORK WILL COME TO NAUGHT
YOUR CREATIVITY WE HAVE BEGUN TO DOUBT
YOUR AUDIENCE WILL ON YOU BAIL
THE TRPs WILL TELL THE SORRY TALE

Thanks
Jhan

Edited by liv2laugh - 13 years ago
BheegiBasanti thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

Today's episode started the year well
Brij was out and about to slash and kill
While Maan installed cameras to stalk at will
NEB was cool but NES swallowed a "green" pill

At the den, Parm opened to talk of signs subtle
The dupattas and taveez that served at destiny's will
Mirrors, water and other symbolic elements
Added to the plot to provide true love's testament

With that I close by raising a toast
To the show for reaching 200 episodes
And to my friends here at the devil's lair
Your friendship is beyond compare!
Edited by darlunia - 13 years ago
starlite7 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Helloo Nissar, PH, Ved, Sudhir, CVs, Barry, Gurmeet, Drashti, the rest of GHSP, friends et al...hope u all had a fabulous New Year's party !

I think u made a good beginning with your first episode this year with a little bit of everything...Maaneet moments, suspense with Brij, a touch of the old with Geet missing her family, something new NE-Arjun-Tasha(?) etc... a good potpourri of events to come.

Maaneet/Brij
---------------
- Well, if anyone had expected a Maaneet-Brij confrontation today, they must have been smoking something.

- Liked the fact that Maan broke his promise of not touching Geet...her safety is paramount, worth breaking any promises made. And I'm glad both are on common footing.

- Liked the fact that Geet confessed her fear of someone in the room and Maan does see a shadow and hears the sound of running feet.

- Liked the fact that he does not want to overly worry Geet but is alert to danger. Who's shadow was it ? Why did he hear running feet ? So today we find out the servants quarters are behind the outhouse....so much easy for Brij to stop by anytime he wants

- MSK resorts to CC monitoring to keep an eye on Geet and her safety.

- Loved the part where Maaneet talk about Geet's family and how she misses her mom n dad. Why do I get the feeling that Maan will make every effort to find her parents and bring them to the wedding ?

- I notice that Sandy brought this up and Anj aptly answered the question - where did Brij learn to cook ? In prison of course !

- Brij's target is Geet. Brij let one interesting comment slip - something to the effect ' saara parivar bikher diya'. So does that mean Brij too does not know where the rest of the family is in HP ? Who bailed him out ? Can't be Arjun - they both dont recognize each other.

- How did Brij lay his hands on the blue prints of the Khurana mansion ? If anyone suspects Brij/Ranbir Singh later, his room should give plenty of clues.

NE-Arjun
----------

- Arjun seems to be improving his performance....NE on the other hand ...

- Interesting personalities of the Khurana siblings -

- Maan - takes his time to fall in love due to some past baggage, hides his feelings for a long time, but once in love is steadfast

- NE falls in love at the drop of a hat and is very open about it

- Dev is only in love with himself so much so that he can do no wrong...it's the 'others' (read NT) that makes him do bad things

- Vicky - let's wait and wonder

Arjun-Brij
-----------
- Arjun acts the big boss today which does not go down well with Brij... a good beginning for a new conflict

- Brij walks in, sees NE in Arjun's arms and has a disgusted look. What does this mean for Arjun and NE ? Will Brij conclude that NE is the same khoon as MSK and useless, therefore his next target ? Or will it be Arjun ? After all Brij is a killer and the taste of blood can be addictive to a killer.

- Will the next Maaneet-Brij battleground be KC office ?

- How will Maaneet recognize Brij - thru his voice or appearance ?

- If Maan finds and brings Geet's parents, will that put a damper on Brij's plans for Geet ?

Gurmeet, Drashti, Beizaad - Thumbs up, guys !Edited by starlite7 - 13 years ago
On the episode

• Maneet Scenes: Nice. It was already clear in yesterday's episode that no-touching-till-wedding had become more of fun than an expression of anger or fight. And even if he was still angry, nothing matters more than Geet's well-being. And he can't hold himself back when Geet needs comforting. Noticed couple of things here

• Liked how Geet was trying to ensure again and again that he should not misunderstand why she does not want to shift to the mansion. First by saying "Mujhe galat mat samajhiye", then by beginning to explain that it has nothing to do with what happened earlier and finally confirming once again that he was not angry with her. Very sweet and realistic.

• Another touching scene was Maan hugging Geet after he realizes that someone had indeed been in the room. First hug was due to her fear, this hug was due to his concern and fear - yeah Maan's fear of something happening to Geet.

• He will put up with every whim and fancy of hers, anything that makes her happy at all. Even when the concern is for her life, she does not have to worry about it or sacrifice even her relatively trivial dreams for it (trivial in comparison to something like a death threat that is). So, if his direct action for her safety comes in the way of the simplest of of her desires, he will find another way.

And I have to say that his is a shrewd way. What he gets this way is even better. He can see her 24/7. If he had brought her to the mansion now, he would have to put her up in a separate room. Not enough of stalking possible. 😆😳

• GC messed up one dialog - "Tumhari jaan khatre mein daal kar agar koi kasam toote to main zindagi bhar koi kasam nahin khaunga." It shouldn't have been "toote", it should have been "nibhe". He made it ulta 😆. The dialog should have been "Tumhari jaan khatre mein daal kar agar koi kasam nibhe to main zindagi bhar koi kasam nahin khaunga." Generally in the serial they do not seem to be mugging up the dialogs completely. It shows because the sentences are often not crisp. Sometimes subject comes twice in the sentence, some times sentence construction gets changed in the middle. But it is good in a way because it makes the dialogs realistic. In real life also, when we speak, we do not always speak crisply. But they should definitely look out for mistakes that make the dialog meaningless or even opposite. Today's mistake was of that kind. I hope they will re-shoot if such mistakes happen in future.

• Brij Veerji is planning: Good, good. We like villains in the story. Right now they are giving the impression that Arjun and Brij are not together. Let's see if we have a surprise waiting for us on the wedding day.

• Arjun-Annie: I guess I should give up on it. But something forces me to write this again and again. Go slow pleeeease. 😡😡 Have CVs exhausted all their love-story ideas on Maneet? Do they not have any creativity left in that department? 

As it is Annie's character has so many question marks. On top of that you are making her look so pathetic with her throwing herself on Arjun. Her character is so weak, that even Arjun does not come across as clever. I mean, does he have to do anything at all? 

• Geet missing her parents: Natural. Liked that Maan brought that up. When such things are on your mind, you need to be able to speak them out. That brings a relief. Although, I really, really hope that the precap ("Main Geet Handa bhi nahin hoon") means that she wants no emotional non-sense. Her family has failed her and she should not look back now. They should not come for the wedding. 😡. Taking the opportunity to publicize my OS on this - Relations 😃
So, New Year Party is coming up. And in the precap Brij sees Annie-Arjun. I wonder if that scene has any significance. Did Brij have his eyes on Arjun or Annie? 😆 😆

--

Den Theme - This one is difficult for me. I will see if I can write something by tomorrow.

Edited by sharmishtha01 - 13 years ago