Invites Only - The What If Club

SeerialLoops thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 11 years ago

THIS IS A "MEMBERS ONLY" POST
The Author of this post have chosen to restrict the content of this Post to members only.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

blue.kindle thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Well I could just do oohs and aahs in the first two chapters. Brings back a lot of memories and I could actually imagine them in technicolor in my mind. It is like Tia's rewind... a walk down the memory lane. It was not just Arnav and Khushi walking down the lane , reminiscing but us too. That poolside kiss, the flustered Khushi after the episode... the excitement the dhak dhak that was not only going on in Khushi's heart but ours too. Arnav's gesture was kind of cute, getting her some flowers and  a necklace . Oh why didn't all this happen in the story?

I am getting a little antsy with Shyam because we know what might happen and I don't want such a beautiful ,blooming relationship to be caught in a web of misunderstandings.

P.S: Shyam's not going to be too disgusting I hope like he was in the show. You reassured us and I am kind of relieved. I can handle evil but not revolting.

Already anticipating the next chapters.

asha... thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3

Found it ...RES ! I will be back, today is catching up day on all FF's ðŸ˜Š
FairyLiquidSoap thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
Res till i find a reason to ask otherwise interested to see how you are planning on move forward
If there is a bit of implausibility or doubt will definitely point out
enjoy writing it i know i will enjoy reading it
Japonica thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Hmm 'When love hurts and hate soothes'- that certainly is one intriguing title, Loops. Makes me want to know more about what could make hate soothe. Who hates whom or what or why? who is soothed by this hate? Well, I guess you will tell us all.

You've chosen to start at just the point where they are recognizing the mutual attraction they share, snake is up to his tricks, so I'm  thinking this the springboard from which the story will take off, so I'll wait for your story before I comment.

You might consider your use of present/past tense as you sometimes shift between the two which results in jagged writing, just stick with one tense or else have these transitions in order to make a point.  E.g. reporting their thoughts using the past tense would be better than quoting them in the present tense as direct speech.

Also how consciously are the two aware of the Arnav/ASR distinction? Might be best to tone that down and allow the reader to come to that conclusion by allowing your characters to act accordingly. Because in real life people react to situations without giving a thought to which aspect of their personality is driving their actions. So let the characters speak for themsleves and reveal themselves throught their actions and speech. Try not to speak for them.

Sorry, I hope my comments haven't put you off writing Alas, once a teacher, always a teacher, but then, you did ask us for our honest opinions!!

Try not to worry too much about these things, keep writing, I'm sure you'll be fine once you settle in to your story.

Waiting for the next update where I guess your own tale will begin.

Edited by Japonica - 11 years ago
SeerialLoops thumbnail

Originally posted by: Japonica

Hmm 'When love hurts and hate soothes'- that certainly is one intriguing title, Loops. Makes me want to know more about what could make hate soothe. Who hates whom or what or why? who is soothed by this hate? Well, I guess you will tell us all.

You've chosen to start at just the point where they are recognizing the mutual attraction they share, snake is up to his tricks, so I'm  thinking this the springboard from which the story will take off, so I'll wait for your story before I comment.

You might consider your use of present/past tense as you sometimes shift between the two which results in jagged writing, just stick with one tense or else have these transitions in order to make a point.  E.g. reporting their thoughts using the past tense would be better than quoting them in the present tense as direct speech.

Also how consciously are the two aware of the Arnav/ASR distinction? Might be best to tone that down and allow the reader to come to that conclusion by allowing your characters to act accordingly. Because in real life people react to situations without giving a thought to which aspect of their personality is driving their actions. So let the characters speak for themsleves and reveal themselves throught their actions and speech. Try not to speak for them.

Sorry, I hope my comments haven't put you off writing Alas, once a teacher, always a teacher, but then, you did ask us for our honest opinions!!

Try not to worry too much about these things, keep writing, I'm sure you'll be fine once you settle in to your story.

Waiting for the next update where I guess your own tale will begin.

Lali, thank you so much for your feedback. I absolutely love you for this.  I want to learn to write well.  And I will try to follow all your suggestions.
But please do bear with me.  I have already written 13 chapters.  I am not able to post them becuase chpater 4-9 are at my home computer and I am at a friends place as I don't have power at my house. 
I will proof read them and try to make the necessary corrections.
Thank you once again.
Tia.0 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6
I'd like to know why I didn't get the pms. No no... You can't butter me up again with the updates. 

I still stalked your post even though I totaled my mom-in-law's car today and sent it to hibernation for a few months. That's how devoted I am. I am more devoted than the filmy hero dying in a temple with 55 wounds yet climbing the steps to meet his mommy... 

No no... I'm upset. So I won't post my new song here... 
SeerialLoops thumbnail
Tia,
I did not send anyone PMs.  I only posted the link in BBB thread.  Why would I not PM you.  Please believe me.

See I am not even buttering you.

I am sorry to hear about the accident.  I know it shakes you up a bit.  But everything will be ok.
blue.kindle thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Hey Tia, hope you are all right. Take care of yourself. 
asha... thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3

The first two chapter were like a past from the blast, only with more monologues and inner thoughts which you got spot on... !

Gah... I already want to kill Shaym !

I'd love to see how you take the story from the terrace, your version of how Arnav reacts... I know it'll be an interesting read

Did Loopy come out a little when you were writing about Arnav's feeling on Di getting lost, I had a massive smile on my face ðŸ˜›ðŸ˜†

I agree with what Lali said, hope you don't hate me now ðŸ˜­.