Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

naadanmasakalli thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail + 9
Posted: 7 months ago

Originally posted by: AreYaar

Oh LMAO you're right! Yeh dono the na woh kuch age gap couple waale show mein on Zee where she comes as saas to bahus who are younger than her or something?smiley36......Man itne faltu actors hain sab.....ek ke muh pe bhi koi charisma ya acting nahin....lol but lagta hai aajkal aise waalon ko hi kaam milte hain on ITV....lol 

Honestly even if they get repetitive, some mytho shows still make more effort with script/casting/costumes/direction than these prime time "modern" soaps on ITV aajkal....lol this Chand wala show looks like saste romance novel se uthaya plot and they couldn't even cast halfway dhang ke leads to make it work.....lol romances cliche hi hote hain - it's the acting/chemistry that make them work.....but aajkal no one even wants to make the effort to portray romance dhang se on ITV.....even Gul has lost her mojo warna atleast shuru ke epis mein dikha leti thi dhang ka romancesmiley36.....Ekta ne toh bahut saal pehle hi effort daalna chhod diyasmiley36

Zaroorat hi kya hai jab they have goals like this to gloat about eith their absolute shit content..the funny thing is it isn't  the first time that content is becoming repetitive but they literally have not 1 jodi that can hold thru thick and thin but nah ughh

https://twitter.com/GossipsTv/status/1705571228898173191?s=20

AreYaar thumbnail

Finally watched Rocky Rani and I'm here with my long overdue review despite IF irritating me with their bakwaas ad banners now :P

Oh man, this movie was such a rollercoaster to watchsmiley36.....I'm kinda glad I got to watch it in streaming taaki pauses ke saath dekh ke digest kar sakoon.....lol they packed SO much into the movie - I can only imagine theater mein one go mein dekho toh it can kinda leave you breathless. 

Ranveer is hands down the JAAN of this movie....lol how far he's come from being mocked by KJo on KWK to KJo literally giving him THE best role of the moviesmiley36.....he literally built the movie on the back of Ranveer's naturally gregarious and over-enthu but endearing personalitysmiley36.....woh saara kuch daal diya Rocky mein and just added the tadka of tooti phooti English and bumbling casanova typessmiley36

Rani's character isn't bad either and has some good portions in the movie but KJo deffo gave the better part to Ranveersmiley36.....Rani ko they kinda made unnecessarily aggressive and loud in bits....but she was good in many other bits too with using her intelligence and wit to make her point in any situation including handling the hitler Daadi. 

The family drama also was well set up and used to basically make a lot of social commentary on a variety of subjects from prejudices, gender roles in society, judgemental tendencies to cancel culture overall......Rocky's speech about cancel culture when he apologizes to Rani's father over the Kathak fiasco is deffo a standout moment in the story. 

Kanwal-Jamini wala sidetrack was sweet too and used well to bring RR together.....but uske baad their love story does take a life of its own with how all heart Rocky is....that birthday party surprise he does for Rani and his attempts to propose....lol....and then the way he bonds with each person in Rani's family.....matlab pata toh tha hi that both will bring about change in each other's families but the Rocky side of it just had funnier and sweeter moments.....lol 

Basically the thought that stayed with me throughout the movie was that finally after ages, a film about showing that love overcomes all.....such a simple message also has become so difficult for Bollywood and ITV to manage properly these days.....lol everywhere they are just busy depressing people and trying to make a Crime Patrol out of everything rather than letting love be that hopeful and aspirational emotion. KJo finally managed to bring that back in this film while filling it with lots of snappy dialogues, heartfelt emotional moments and fun songs too.....you could literally see the heart they put into the movie and that's why it worked. It wasn't cardboardish despite the promos making it seem that way initially......lol

I think I'm probably gonna watch it again mainly for Rocky....lol all his broken English lines just made the scenes extra fun and the way he managed to make it all endearing toosmiley27smiley36......really encapsulated well in that repeated exchange he has with Rani where she asks him, "Tu kya hai" and he goes, "Jo bhi hoon, tera hi hoon"smiley36

Edited by AreYaar - 7 months ago

Finally watched Rocky Rani and I'm here with my long overdue review despite IF irritating me with their bakwaas ad banners now :P

Oh man, this movie was such a rollercoaster to watchsmiley36.....I'm kinda glad I got to watch it in streaming taaki pauses ke saath dekh ke digest kar sakoon.....lol they packed SO much into the movie - I can only imagine theater mein one go mein dekho toh it can kinda leave you breathless. 

Ranveer is hands down the JAAN of this movie....lol how far he's come from being mocked by KJo on KWK to KJo literally giving him THE best role of the moviesmiley36.....he literally built the movie on the back of Ranveer's naturally gregarious and over-enthu but endearing personalitysmiley36.....woh saara kuch daal diya Rocky mein and just added the tadka of tooti phooti English and bumbling casanova typessmiley36

Rani's character isn't bad either and has some good portions in the movie but KJo deffo gave the better part to Ranveersmiley36.....Rani ko they kinda made unnecessarily aggressive and loud in bits....but she was good in many other bits too with using her intelligence and wit to make her point in any situation including handling the hitler Daadi. 

The family drama also was well set up and used to basically make a lot of social commentary on a variety of subjects from prejudices, gender roles in society, judgemental tendencies to cancel culture overall......Rocky's speech about cancel culture when he apologizes to Rani's father over the Kathak fiasco is deffo a standout moment in the story. 

Kanwal-Jamini wala sidetrack was sweet too and used well to bring RR together.....but uske baad their love story does take a life of its own with how all heart Rocky is....that birthday party surprise he does for Rani and his attempts to propose....lol....and then the way he bonds with each person in Rani's family.....matlab pata toh tha hi that both will bring about change in each other's families but the Rocky side of it just had funnier and sweeter moments.....lol 

Basically the thought that stayed with me throughout the movie was that finally after ages, a film about showing that love overcomes all.....such a simple message also has become so difficult for Bollywood and ITV to manage properly these days.....lol everywhere they are just busy depressing people and trying to make a Crime Patrol out of everything rather than letting love be that hopeful and aspirational emotion. KJo finally managed to bring that back in this film while filling it with lots of snappy dialogues, heartfelt emotional moments and fun songs too.....you could literally see the heart they put into the movie and that's why it worked. It wasn't cardboardish despite the promos making it seem that way initially......lol

I think I'm probably gonna watch it again mainly for Rocky....lol all his broken English lines just made the scenes extra fun and the way he managed to make it all endearing toosmiley27smiley36......really encapsulated well in that repeated exchange he has with Rani where she asks him, "Tu kya hai" and he goes, "Jo bhi hoon, tera hi hoon"smiley36

Yay it is AY approved too now🤗😎❤️ 

I knew it you will like it Caz of just that pure emotion and  the time they have taken to connect you to the conflicts and simply the understanding between rocky rani.. none if it felt mechanical /formula  even though if it was like the time they took to form.those bonds..it precisely works Caz rockY and rani have formed personal connection with the characters in the film beyond just barely doing checks.. which is why it didn't  felt like meddling or then on sudharo mission infact they didn't even planend that in anyway it just happened in pure organic way and that is a plot and story win..and yes rani was aggressive  at times but that was her journey to learn to.not overactive.. the only time i found her irritating was that stop it part where alia did end up screeching but other than that she played the more in control part well.. as you said aajkal they can't  even convince us that characters are in love so yes this feels like a big win in that way too amd that is not my bias..I also appreciated them talking and being frank about the fact that yes lust played a part but then it wasn't  just that. Warna toh usko bhi ajeeb hi color dek dikhay hain yahan even that was sweetly shown..them denying that but not being able to help.

Rocky ke hugs toh were pure ranveer hugs and were just so warm matlab one actually feels like he is hugging you through the screen. So adorable Rocky was.. it is only ranveer who cam bring that earthiness in such a loud  character too matlab woh humble moments he brings in between esp the monologue..the moment he went aapko kya lagta hai mere ko feel nahi hota aww🤗🤗🤗 . 

I just emd up smiling everytime I see the birthday scene and ofcourse that zindagi aur kuch bhi nahi hug.. Rocky really sweeped the hearts out and so smoothly ..I defiantly did not enter the theater with that expectation or any 3xpecattaion so to.say but it just proves once again that if done right bollywood films still can be charming and  warm sigh 

AreYaar thumbnail

Originally posted by: naadanmasakalli

Yay it is AY approved too now🤗😎❤️ 

I knew it you will like it Caz of just that pure emotion and  the time they have taken to connect you to the conflicts and simply the understanding between rocky rani.. none if it felt mechanical /formula  even though if it was like the time they took to form.those bonds..it precisely works Caz rockY and rani have formed personal connection with the characters in the film beyond just barely doing checks.. which is why it didn't  felt like meddling or then on sudharo mission infact they didn't even planend that in anyway it just happened in pure organic way and that is a plot and story win..and yes rani was aggressive  at times but that was her journey to learn to.not overactive.. the only time i found her irritating was that stop it part where alia did end up screeching but other than that she played the more in control part well.. as you said aajkal they can't  even convince us that characters are in love so yes this feels like a big win in that way too amd that is not my bias..I also appreciated them talking and being frank about the fact that yes lust played a part but then it wasn't  just that. Warna toh usko bhi ajeeb hi color dek dikhay hain yahan even that was sweetly shown..them denying that but not being able to help.

Rocky ke hugs toh were pure ranveer hugs and were just so warm matlab one actually feels like he is hugging you through the screen. So adorable Rocky was.. it is only ranveer who cam bring that earthiness in such a loud  character too matlab woh humble moments he brings in between esp the monologue..the moment he went aapko kya lagta hai mere ko feel nahi hota aww🤗🤗🤗 . 

I just emd up smiling everytime I see the birthday scene and ofcourse that zindagi aur kuch bhi nahi hug.. Rocky really sweeped the hearts out and so smoothly ..I defiantly did not enter the theater with that expectation or any 3xpecattaion so to.say but it just proves once again that if done right bollywood films still can be charming and  warm sigh 

Word about the development of Rocky-Rani's equation....although it still felt like it happened at a breathless sort of speed as they jumped from attraction to flirting to a passionate affair and then the conflict about accepting if it's more than just a fling.....but it still never felt disjointed or contrived....like you could believe this is how a relationship would develop between two people who are such polar opposites. They didn't deny the instant attraction between them and followed up on it but got stuck when the time came to accept that it's more than a fling. 

And I have to keep coming back again and again to Rocky's charactersmiley36....he is the HEART of every part of this film...it is that very heart that pulls Rani through every phase of their equation developing....from initially laughing him off as a loud caricature, she keeps getting touched by the heartfelt things he says in his broken English.....it is that heart that is so pure and earnest that she connects to it. I also liked how their equation evolved after they confessed and Rani grew into adoring all kinds of random things about him....haha the way she would just go, "baby" in between before squishing his cheeks.....haha....like you could feel usko aur pyar aa raha hai and you can understand why also....lol Rocky is just too adorable for wordssmiley36

I also loved Rocky's arc with Rani's father....the cancel culture monologue ofcourse was superb from Rocky but then later on the whole arc about how he teaches him Kathak....how that respect and affection develops between them.....the way Rocky won over Rani's family is deffo the standout among the two family stories....

Also I dunno what was up with Jaya Bacchhan's make up in this movie....like she just looked weird throughout in that Dhanlaxmi getup and bas woh last scene mein when she gives the secret recipe to Rani, tab thodi normal lag rahi thismiley36

Baaki the cameos from TV actors also cracked me up.....lol Ekta ki dono Bhagya heroines and Bhartismiley36.....KJo mast apne saare reality shows waale connections use karke laaya hua tha sabko....haha

End mein kitna kharcha bhi kiya shaadi sequence pe.....lol see no one can do it like KJosmiley36.....dunno why Bollywood shies away from focusing on the stuff they do best....shaadi sequences dikhaao ekdum mast hoke grand waale.....isn't the whole point of movies supposed to be a pick me up....make everything beautiful and heartfelt. Kanjoos hogaye hain sab and chasing after saste gimmicks that they think will get them instant results....lol anything worthwhile takes time and creativity....and this movie had it. 

Word about the development of Rocky-Rani's equation....although it still felt like it happened at a breathless sort of speed as they jumped from attraction to flirting to a passionate affair and then the conflict about accepting if it's more than just a fling.....but it still never felt disjointed or contrived....like you could believe this is how a relationship would develop between two people who are such polar opposites. They didn't deny the instant attraction between them and followed up on it but got stuck when the time came to accept that it's more than a fling. 

And I have to keep coming back again and again to Rocky's charactersmiley36....he is the HEART of every part of this film...it is that very heart that pulls Rani through every phase of their equation developing....from initially laughing him off as a loud caricature, she keeps getting touched by the heartfelt things he says in his broken English.....it is that heart that is so pure and earnest that she connects to it. I also liked how their equation evolved after they confessed and Rani grew into adoring all kinds of random things about him....haha the way she would just go, "baby" in between before squishing his cheeks.....haha....like you could feel usko aur pyar aa raha hai and you can understand why also....lol Rocky is just too adorable for wordssmiley36

I also loved Rocky's arc with Rani's father....the cancel culture monologue ofcourse was superb from Rocky but then later on the whole arc about how he teaches him Kathak....how that respect and affection develops between them.....the way Rocky won over Rani's family is deffo the standout among the two family stories....

Also I dunno what was up with Jaya Bacchhan's make up in this movie....like she just looked weird throughout in that Dhanlaxmi getup and bas woh last scene mein when she gives the secret recipe to Rani, tab thodi normal lag rahi thismiley36

Baaki the cameos from TV actors also cracked me up.....lol Ekta ki dono Bhagya heroines and Bhartismiley36.....KJo mast apne saare reality shows waale connections use karke laaya hua tha sabko....haha

End mein kitna kharcha bhi kiya shaadi sequence pe.....lol see no one can do it like KJosmiley36.....dunno why Bollywood shies away from focusing on the stuff they do best....shaadi sequences dikhaao ekdum mast hoke grand waale.....isn't the whole point of movies supposed to be a pick me up....make everything beautiful and heartfelt. Kanjoos hogaye hain sab and chasing after saste gimmicks that they think will get them instant results....lol anything worthwhile takes time and creativity....and this movie had it. 

Oh for sure one cannot deny it is ROcky who is the neev  of this film❤️  take him out and it is nothing.. 

Oh I also liked the self awareness Rocky had .. like he knew he is less educated he is more of that typical ignorant boy in many ways but the way he accepts his flaws time and again ❤️ sach main pyar kaise na ho.. the way he doesn't  let ego come in and calls a spade a spade doesn't  matter who it is.. it took him time but he did confront his dad and daddi  and best was his ab rahen apne saath or the one where  he says khoon hai appka but rishta kya hai can't really tell and how blood doesn't  form rishte.

Lmao Jaya ji was being herself lmao I always crazy up at her extra loud FAADD UP ho gayi mainsmiley36 But yes that loud red lipstick was just too much. 

Oh they finally have the song full deserving space in ott version Caz in theaters version it was in side dabba with credits lol and dhindora was full in the ott version too but not in the tare version so here it ga e that some a more full arc too and they were so good in it

I also laughed at the drama of ranveer's outfit when he runs towards dadu  at the end..ek dum paro  running towards  dev at the end ka yaad aaya.

Oh yes the kathak arc was so nicely executed   I wish they kept the sufi version in ott too of kamleya Caz I did feel arijit's version didn't  quite hit  but still..

AreYaar thumbnail

Btw I also kept laughing over how much this Delhi wala White House is used in movies aajkalsmiley36

First time I saw it was in GM ki woh Zakhm series smiley36

Btw I also kept laughing over how much this Delhi wala White House is used in movies aajkalsmiley36

First time I saw it was in GM ki woh Zakhm series smiley36

Lol I thought of zakhm  too but I ayve seen in other films and series too like shehzadasmiley36 yahaan what made it hilarious was rocky ka acceptance and open confession ke whote house ki first copy haismiley36 

i had too had too gif this.. ranveer is too iconic for attempting this and doing this so gracefullly and  beautifully sported by tota roy chowdhry.. also kuddos to writers of executing it. this could have gone so wrong but they made it one of the most shinninf moments of the film 

man the drama his costume brought lol look at that flair of his dresssmiley36

AreYaar thumbnail

Awesome gifs, yaar!smiley32 Word about how gracefully they executed the Kathak sequence - didn’t let it be caricaturish at all. Was deffo a high point in the movie.