Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

FairyLiquidSoap thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 11 years ago
It takes a litle bit of getting used to the 1st person 2nd person 3 rd person narrative but I like it I find it very refreshing and almost it is coming straight from the heart to the keyboard
A little bit toning down of the dramatic dialogues? or have you always envisioned Shyam that way?
Hmm both of them are turning out to be same side of the coins Interesting but leave some redeeming qualities for ASR I dont want to hate him too much😳
Looking forward to more now
blue.kindle thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
What a disgusting man, Shyam is! πŸ˜†

I love it when he acts disgustingly evil. I miss Shaym. He was really good at being creepy.

Now it remains to see how low ASR would stoop to have his own way. Can he surpass Mr Creeps himself?

SeerialLoops thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Thanks all for commenting.
I know and understand what you mean by my writing style going from 1st to 2nd to 3rd person.  I know I write like that and am not able to help myself.  I am trying very hard to proof read and make changes, but I am sure, I am not there yet, where, there is a nice flow.
So please bare with me and hopefully eventually I will get it.
Chapter 6 & 7 coming up in few minutes.
SeerialLoops thumbnail
Chapter 6: Brutal Revenge

Kushi has been numb and not moving with just tears streaming down her face. After sitting in the chilly evening weather like that for about half an hour, Kushi wipes her tears and gathers herself. She was not going to be played for a fool for the second time. She realizes, Shyam has an ulterior motive for doing what he did. He must be planning something. Otherwise, he will not go to this length to dupe her and deceive her again.

Kushi decides, it is time she confides in someone. She needs to tell someone. She decides to tell Arnav everything. He may not believe her completely, but lately she knows Arnav has developed a soft spot for her, and he might believe her a little. That is more than anyone else right now and Arnav is the only one, who has the power to find out the truth if need be and then do something about Shyam.

She was falling in love with him and that is why it is also important to be honest with him, no matter what the consequences are. Having made up her mind, Kushi, closes her eyes, breathes in the slightly chilly evening air, opens her eyes with a determined look.

Kushi goes down stairs, finds a bathroom, spends few minutes to make sure, anyone who sees her, sees the normal Kushi. Once she is convinced that she is looking normal, she proceeds to Arnav's room.

Her heart was racing. This was not the fast paced heart beat she gets when she is near him. This was different. She slightly knocks on the door. Not getting an answer, she pushes the doors open. She steps inside and closes the doors behind her. She calls out for Arnav – "Arnavji."

She sees someone sitting by the pool in a suit. She turns around thinking that is not Arnav and turns around when she hears "Stop."

Arnav takes few long strides, walks to the door and bolts it shut. Kushi is oblivious to the rage burning Arnav.

"Arnavji, I need to tell you something. Please hear me out as this is very important. I am scared and I am coming to you because .."

"Shut Up" thundered Arnav.

Arnav grabs Kushi's arm forcibly and drags her to the pool and swirls her around with such a force, Kushi struggles to find balance. Arnav then grabs both of her arms and slams her against the wall.

The same wall, where he had backed her into and almost kissed her on Diwali. That image flashed through his brain increasing the intensity in his rage and he tightened his grip on Kushi's arms.

Kushi was in physical pain and tears rolled down her cheeks and she whispered, "Arnavji, you are hurting me."

That sent an inexplicable pleasure and pain through Arnav.

"I said SHUT UP."

Kushi froze in fear. In her 20 years of life she has not witnessed the rage and anger emanating from someone's eyes as she saw coming from Arnav who stood in front of her.

Kushi felt paralyzed and wanted to scream for help. But this was Arnavji. Her Arnavji. Why was he angry. Why are his eyes looking so dead and so dreadful. Kushi was forgetting to breathe. Her arms were bruised. There was physical pain.

Arnav mercilessly pinned her further into the wall, hurting Kushi even more.

"You don't get to speak. You don't get to take my name. I speak and you listen. You speak when I give you permission to speak."

Saying that Arnav releases Kushi. For some reason, Arnav was still unable to see the tears streaming down Kushi's face. Something inside him was revolting within his being. There was a constant need he felt to wipe her tears. This was taking all of his will power to keep the angry Arnav out and in front. He needed to do what he needed to do and do it quickly.

"If you want your sisters marriage to happen today, then you are going to marry me. You will marry me and this will be a contract marriage. I will break it off, when I see it fit. Until I break it off, you will act like a wife in every aspect, in front of the world. You will have no say and no opinion in the marriage. As soon as I break it off, you will walk away from this mansion, with just the clothes on your back. All you are allowed to say is Yes or No. And remember. Paayal's marriage will be not happen if you say No."

Kushi was on the edge of going crazy. What is it that is happening today. First Shyam blackmails to threaten her with Paayal's wedding and now Arnav is doing the same.

"You better say Yes, if you know what is good for you. You will marry me and you do not have a choice."

Kushi had enough of everyone threatening to ruin her sisters marriage. Kushi grabs Arnav's shoulder, turn him around and with all her strength shoves him. Arnav stumbles back.

"Who do you think you are Mister Arnav Singh Raizada. How dare you tell me, that I should get into a contract marriage with you. Who the hell are you to decide whether Paayal and Akash marriage will happen or not. You do not scare me and there is no way in hell, I will marry a disgusting human like you."

"Good Answer Kushi. Paayal will be ruined. And I will ensure, your family is ruined. When they are thrown out of this town in shame.  You can then thank your guts and your braveness."

Saying that Arnav starts walking away towards the bedroom door. Kushi, wants to be defiant and call his bluff, but something in his tone and in his stride told, her of the impending doom. Something in her told her, only she can stop this. Something was telling her, she needs to stop Arnav.

"Wait!!"

Arnav turns around.

"I will marry you."

All of sudden, Kushi became vulnerable. She looked very helpless.

"Arnavji. Can you please tell me why you are doing this."

"Yes or No."

"I will marry you, but can you please tell me why you are doing this."
Arnav grabs Kushi's arms and practically drags her through out of the mansion through the back door, forces her into his SUV and drives on top speed to a temple.

The ride has sent shivers down Kushi's spine. She was extremely scared of vehicles going fast. Kushi was hurting physically. There were visible bruise marks on her arms. She was trembling in fear of the speed. She was emotionally drained. She felt like she was imploding within herself.

Tears would not stop escaping her eyes. Arnav literally drags Kushi to the temple. There was a pandit there. All required stuff for a marriage had been arranged for including Havan, Sindoor, Mangalsutra, Garlands etc.

As soon as the priest sees Arnav, he sits and starts chanting marriage related hymns.

Arnav, actually ties the Managalasutram, the way it is supposed to.
Arnav, actually applies Sindoor, the way it is supposed to.
Arnav puts garland around Kushi the way it is supposed to.
After the priest ties, her dupatta and a the one Arnav wore around his neck.
Arnav grabs Kushi's hands and starts walking around the fire.
They even complete the Saat Pheras as they are supposed to.

While taking the pheras, Arnav kept asking himself. Why was he doing all this. His plan was for Kushi to apply Sindoor herself. Kushi to tie the mangalasutram herself. He had a different vision on how this was going to happen. Then, why did he call Aman and ask him to get all this arranged. Why is he doing all these rituals, when he absolutely does not believe in them.

There was a reason, that had crossed Arnav's mind when he ordered Aman to get this arranged.  Arnav was now unable to put a finger on it.
Arnav was getting more confused and puzzled. Even with those doubts swirling around his head, Arnav marries Kushi following all the rituals like they are supposed to.

"There. You are married to me now, Kushi.  Until I decide when to end this farce."

Kushi collapses in utter grief unable to comprehend what is happening to her. In Arnav's eyes this was all a joke and she knows he does not believe in all of this. But in her mind, all the rituals that got completed, created a sacred bond of marriage, that she believed in.

"Arnavji. You did not tell me, why you are forcing me into marriage. You do not believe in all these rituals. If you wanted a contract marriage which has an end date, then why did you make me complete all these rituals. Why are you torturing me like this. You know, how important marriage and rituals are to me. Why are you making a mockery of me in front of Devi Mayya. Why Arnavji?"

Arnav instead of feeling happy that he is ruining Kushi and succeeding in his revenge, strangely was feeling two new feelings. Guilt and Remorse. Why was he feeling bad. Why is he unable to see Kushi in pain. Is he doing something wrong?

This conflict of the lover boy side and ruthless side was confusing Arnav. In the confusion and without thinking, Arnav mercilessly grabs Kushi's arm, at the same spot where he left bruises and forcefully lifts her up to her feet. Kushi winces in pain. She is dragged back to SUV and spun and slammed into the door.

"Get In" growled Arnav.

Arnav drives back to the mansion at an equally high speed. He was trying to be content with the portion of the revenge he had extracted so far.
Kushi was on the edge of the thresholds of bearable pain, grief and sorrow and was praying for her body to shut down. For her to disappear. For her to die.

Little did both know, what they would face once they enter the mansion.
SeerialLoops thumbnail
Chapter 7: Deafening Sounds of Annihilation

All the guests have left. Arnav and Kushi family were the only members left and they had yelled and screamed for being unable to locate either Arnav and Kushi. If they were scared for a minute, they were angry the next.

Akash is upset to have gotten married, without his brothers presence.

"Di. I will never forgive Arnav Bhaiyya for this."
"Akash. Don't jump to conclusions. Let us hope and pray both Arnav and Kushi are safe and nothing bad has happened to them."

Akash jaw drops at what he sees. Everyone followed his gaze.

Standing past the front door were Arnav and Kushi. Arnav with a garland over his left arm, Kushi standing to his left, with a Garland around her neck, sindoor visible on her forehead and literally shaking in fear.

Everyone sees them. Each and every family member are stunned as if they are all paralyzed.

It was Paayal to come out of the shock first. She runs to Kushi.

"Kushi, what the hell is this."

Nani also comes out of her shock.

"Chotey, What in the world are both of you up to."

One after the other, everyone is either screaming or shouting at Arnav and Kushi to explain.

Arnav had enough.

"Stop The Circus! I and Kushi got married. That is the only thing all of you need to know. Why, where, how, and other such questions, are none of your business."

Anjali is furious.

"We are your family. I am your elder sister. You have no right to get married like this and you have no right to say it is none of my business."

"Di. All you are going to get out of me tonight, tomorrow and into the future is just this. I and Kushi are married. Any other questions you have will not be answered and no one can make me answer. Get used to it and enough with your emotional stuff."

Saying that Arnav walks towards the stairs to go up to his room.

Left standing alone in the middle of the gathering room, it took few seconds for all the family members to descend on the wounded, bleeding soul Kushi. Like vultures would descend on a carcass.

Everyone was either begging or throwing hurtful comments at Kushi.

Mami even asks if Kushi is pregnant.

That comment from Mami, riles up Garima and unable to control herself, slaps Kushi across the face.

The silence and the echo of the slap, stops Arnav in his tracks. He turns back and sees Kushi holding her cheek and looking at Garima. Garima slaps her again with the back of her had.

The force turns Kushi's face towards Arnav and he could clearly see the tears flying out of Kushi's eyes.

"I always felt incomplete as a woman as God did not give me the blessing to bear children. Until you came into my life. From the day you came into my life, until today, I never felt incomplete again. I never missed not having a child of my own. You have been such a perfect daughter, I never felt the emptiness of not bearing a child."

"Kushi. You have to tell me why you took this step. I do not care about family prestige or what happens in society or what we have to face because of you actions. But I care. I care about the love I have given you. I care about the values, I have given you. I care about how I have raised you and I care about how you turn out as a human being. I care that my love is not enough for you to tell me, why you did this. I care that you do not care enough for this mother, to tell her what happened and why it happened."

Garima holds Kushi in the same place Arnav had bruised her and shakes her and begs Kushi to tell her what happened.

Her Amma's words were piercing Kushi's heart. The pain of those words were unbearable. Kushi wanted to tell her mother everything. She wanted to cry in her lap. She wanted to feel her mother's love, protection and reassuring hug. But words were failing Kushi.

"I did not do anything wrong, Amma, please believe me."

Seeing all this, Arnav felt the rush of victory enveloping his pride. But the quiver in Kushi's voice, was peeling off that victorious smirk as easily. Arnav goes to his bedroom and walks out to the pool.

When no one gets any answers from Kushi, they all say the most horrible things. Each barb, each insult was annihilating Kushi.

Nani decides enough is enough and orders everyone to be quiet.

"Kushi. Ever since the day I met you, you and I have shared a bond. This has been a special bond, which cannot be explained. I felt you were always a part of this family. I have always loved you and stood by you. So now, that you are married to Arnav and are actually part of this family, it should have been the happiest day of your life and it would certainly have been one of the happiest days of my life."

"But, neither do you look happy, nor does Arnav look happy and no one else here looks happy that both of you got married like this. Arnav is as much to blame as you are in all of this. Only your family has the right to demand answers from you. We need to demand answers from the other culprit in this mockery, namely Arnav."

"Kushi Bitiya, I will wait for the day, when you will give me the respect as a head of this family and come to me and tell me what happened. Until that day, our once upon a beautiful bond will remain strained."

Nani then looks at rest of the family.

"I am ordering everyone, to behave with dignity and be fair. It is as much Chotey's fault as is Kushi's fault. If you are going to stand here and accuse Kushi, then do the same with Chotey as well. If you cannot accuse Chotey on his face, then I expect you to keep your mouths shut. And Manorama, this goes, especially for you."

After hearing Nani's words, everyone leaves from there except Paayal.
"Kushi. No one is here anymore. Tell me what happened. I will support you no matter how ugly the truth is. I will fight with God if need be to stand in support of you, because you know, that is how much we both mean to each other. I need you to tell me everything that has happened, since you came into RM today morning. Tell me Kushi."

"Kushi, I know, that you would not do anything like this, unless there are really good valid reasons. I have that trust in you. I know you did not do this, to cover up a mistake. Please keep that trust in me as well, and tell me what happened."

"Jiji, I did not do anything wrong. I swear on Devi Mayya. I did not do anything wrong. Please trust me Jiji. I cannot tell you anything else."

Kushi goes to hug Paayal. Paayal steps back.

"Fine Kushi. If you do not want to tell me, I will not force you. But like Naniji said, until the day you can trust me equally, I will not be able to offer you any thing else, including a shoulder to cry on."

Seeing Paayal walk away, broke that last strand of fighting power Kushi had in her. The moment that broke, Kushi's annihilation was complete.

Kushi collapses again into a heap in the middle of mansion. One look at her, even the most barbaric demon would wilt and melt.

Observing all this from a distance was NK. He has been crying. His eyes were fixated on Kushi. There was something about Kushi which was telling him, that, even Kushi truly does not know, why all this is happening to her. There was something in her helplessness that touched NK, and he made up his mind to get to the bottom of this and until that day, he will not rest.
Tia.0 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6
The jerk ASR, left Khushi standing to face everyone's blames.

Nani, bravo. Now that is fair and square. Good for you.

Khushi, my darling.. My heart breaks for you.

NK, my love... You should have got this girl. One pure heart deserves another...
Happy-go-lucky thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
I'm commenting! Finally! *does a little jig*πŸ˜†
Now, on to more important stuff - - -
The concept of the story is really nice, and I always enjoy reading stories where the basic essence of Arnav and Khushi's character is retained - she the ever optimistic, bubbly, but strong-willed girl and he, the arrogant, ruthless, control-freak hedonistic soul, but both having a heart of gold. I believe that you've succeeded in portraying that well...
The first couple of chapters was *day-dreaming*... The 'Rabba-Vey's,the eye-sex... *sigh*... You've made me all nostalgic!
Then, enters the Snakewa and turmoil starts. He's such a bad omen.
And the mu's shaping out well, sounds logical.
Now, a few words to my favorite characters - - -
For Khushi (It's obvious that I love my namesake the most!πŸ˜†) : Just be strong girl. Men will be men. They'll hurt you, if you let them. Just stick to your principles, and whatever you feel right. And deal with people the way they deserve...
For Arnav : Why, oh why, do you make me love you one moment and then, loathe your actions the very next instant?  It hurts, to hate you...πŸ˜‰
Shyam (no, he isn't my favorite, but still, I'd like to have a word with him!) : Since cursing openly isn't allowed, this goes for you ---> @#$ijG%f$^@#f!?>"*

Will be waiting for the next update...
P.s. - Glad that you're giving the other characters equal importance too...😊

SeerialLoops thumbnail
Thanks Tia and HGL.
I have next chapters written up but am editing them so I can implement the feedback I received.

blue.kindle thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
All the while I was reading this update and at the back of my mind I could only hear "Kyun Dard Hai Itna Tere Ishq Mein..."

Precisely this one...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DGymVGZIUFU

I love them so much. I can't believe this. Every time I watch the old scenes it makes me realize what I fell in love with.

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DGymVGZIUFU[/YOUTUBE]
Edited by bong.girl - 11 years ago
OmNaMaSteOm thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
bookmarking to read sometime this week or may be a lil & shall comment in DETAIL