Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

mystique_girl thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 12 years ago
i am so happy that you are answering readers' comments - it means we will have an update soon😃 am I right?

I know I know - I havent commented on the last two chapters - you know what, your updates are so out of the world that i take the whole day to formulate the write words to describe my awe at your story and writing - and at EOD I feel to ashamed of my little sentences to post them..but as u see me now, I follow this thread everyday ...

Belive me, Jazz - no readers' comments can do justice to your stories - all of them and to your writing. You are far above everything😃 

Love you
Polo
jazzerette thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 4

How cute! 

Thank you :)
jazzerette thumbnail
Originally posted by: geetsweet

awesome part dear...

continue soon...

Originally posted by: Danina

Amaaazzing:D:D

LOooved it:D
cont sooon:D
thanks for the pm:D

Originally posted by: hamini_yash

cute update

Originally posted by: softly_spoken

Awesome

just read whole story
loved it
Continue soon

Thanks a lot! 

Edited by jazzerette - 12 years ago
jazzerette thumbnail
Originally posted by: mystique_girl

i am so happy that you are answering readers' comments - it means we will have an update soon😃 am I right?

I know I know - I havent commented on the last two chapters - you know what, your updates are so out of the world that i take the whole day to formulate the write words to describe my awe at your story and writing - and at EOD I feel to ashamed of my little sentences to post them..but as u see me now, I follow this thread everyday ...

Belive me, Jazz - no readers' comments can do justice to your stories - all of them and to your writing. You are far above everything😃 

Love you
Polo

Aww...thank you so much Polo. But please don't say such. I feel so embarrassed😳😳

Leave a comment when you actually like it. I wouldn't want it any other way. But whenever you do leave a comment, it means a lot :)

jazzerette thumbnail
Originally posted by: punam2712

Jazz

love this ff
the love story of maaneet in this is so pure
and loved the the last line FACE WITH A SMILE
YOU HAVE DESCRIBED THE SCENES, THE FEELINGS AND THE PEOPLE SO WELL THAT IT DOES NOT SEEM LIKE A STORY BUT AN EVENT HAPPENING IN FRONT OF OUR EYES
PLEASE UPDATE SOON

Thank you so much for the appreciation. Glad you are loving this story :)
jazzerette thumbnail
Originally posted by: Aussiebabe

Sakhii i'm almost last to comment here😭😭😭

Well Jazz this update was sooo damn good yar ... loved the convo between Maan and Geet 😆
It was soo dreamy that i wished they talked a little more 😍...but loved how Maan said straight forward that Geet had lack of concentration and not showing himself going gaga over her beauty ... loving Maan's character though... 😉 
Awesome and plz update soon !!!! 

Glad you liked it sakhi🤗

I love Maan's character a lot too😉
jazzerette thumbnail
Originally posted by: SlovHanda

jazzi,,,awesome update..loved maneet convo,,looked like i was watching a romantic hindi movie😆. hero n heroine first meeting , hero teaches her n heroine is looking lost somewhere 😆...maan behaved like a typical saruu  professor..------lack of concentration😆

this song is for geet😆

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J1GFSBFAJb4[/YOUTUBE]

updated my comment on page -15

Lolz...what a perfect song! I had once seen it on DD Metro...woh bhi din the😆

Hindi film story...🤣🤣

jazzerette thumbnail
Chapter 17
Resolutions

(December, 1980...)
(Handa Haveli...)

"I don't see what the problem with this match is, Bauji. After all he is the same profession as you. In fact, he is doing even better than you in this business," Arjun crossed his legs as he leaned back on the couch.

"Dekho puttar..."

"Bauji..."

Mohinder's words were interrupted as Geet entered the room.

"Paahji, tea," Geet offered a cup to Arjun.

"Kakku, where are the snacks? Will you serve your jijaji only a cup of tea?"

Geet stood mortified at the implication that Arjun would be treated so shabbily in their home. "Of course not paahji..."

"Don't worry puttar ji," Mohinder intervened, "tuhadi khattir vich koi kami nahi rahegi. Kakku, tray rakh ke jao parro. Ask Rano to get the snacks."

Geet immediately backed away hearing the strained voice of her father. For the unknown it may just sound that Mohinder Lal Handa was stressed. But his daughters knew that tone very well.

He was angry. Extremely angry. And trying his level best to keep it restrained.

"Its not about his occupation or status. Bread earned by hard work and honesty is worth all the riches in the world. But what about his education? The man has only studied till Class XIIth..."

"So what Bauji! How does that matter anyway? Acha khaandaan hai, gora chitta gabru hai. Education da achaar paana hai? For her, it is a big thing that she is getting such a brilliant proposal. What else do you want?"

"Atleast a man whom my daughter can look upto Arjun," Mohinder replied tersely.

"Then be prepared to keep her at home. Because soon she will only have you to look upto," Arjun spat back.

"So Kakku, how is Maan like?"

Anwesha asked Geet, lying down on the bed with Meera massaging her head.

"Theek hai."

"Theek hai? Bas?"

"Horr ki dasaan?" [What else should I say?]

"Don't be silly Kakku! Tell something atleast?"

"He has long teeth."

"What?"

Meera and Sameera burst out laughing. They have been hearing about Maan and his long teeth ever since his last visit few weeks back. As soon as he had left at seven, after having tea and chatting sometime with their Papaji, Geet and both her sisters sat huddled in their room where Geet dissected each and every thing Maan had said and done.

And since that day, they knew that their little baby sister was confused over her feelings over the man she would be marrying in near future.

The month of October had come and gone. All three sisters worked hard for their respective exams. For Geet everything else had faded away. The loyalty inherently towards her father easily over-powered the new feelings of a still nascent bond with Maan. The only time she spared any thoughts to Maan was when her sisters ribbed her about him. And such merciless teasing only made her resent him. With her feelings still unexplored and being nave in the matters of romantic love; all that registered with Geet was that her leg was pulled because of Maan. It made her uncomfortable and restless. And she had no comprehension why it was so.

Thus, the inane observations about him stuck in her memory and nudged out the glimpses of him that had made her smile. And these observations became her retorts whenever Maan was used a means of teasing Geet by Sameera and Meera.

"Long teeth? How come you noticed that?" an incredulous Anwesha asked.

"Ji," Geet replied back nonchantly, "when he was laughing on something Papaji said. He has long teeth."

"Didn't you notice his looks? His physique?"

"How much does those things matter Di?" Sameera asked mocking at her elder sister's ideologies.

"Shut up Sammy! Every girl wants to marry a good-looking guy. When I saw your jijaji for the first time I was floored by his tall stature, kohl-rimmed eyes, his..."

"Bas Di," Sameera interrupted, "spare us! We have heard enough of his good looks. But is that what makes a good husband? Shouldn't his character matter? Shouldn't his nature matter?"

Anwesha stilled Meera's hand in her hair as the truth of her marriage dawned on her. And in that one moment she hated Sameera for distorting the illusions she kept herself cocooned in. A loving husband, loving in-laws. Nothing! She was just a trophy wife. But atleast she was admired by the society. People unaware of the truth looked at her with awe. That was enough for her to live her life.

"Ek minute!" Geet spoke up, bringing Anwesha out of her thoughts, "Anwesha Di, I don't know about looks, physique and all. Papaji and Ma adore him, so I can safely say that his character is execellent. I don't need to know anything more."

"Whatever makes you happy Kakku," Anwesha got up, "I should go see if you jiju is ready to leave."

Mohinder eyes turned into hard stone as he kept a tight rein on his tongue. Waheguru...waheguru...waheguru. He turned his thoughts to Babaji to keep his peace of mind.

A telephone by Anwesha last night had made Mohinder hope. With great gusto she went on and on about a family from Ludhiana who were interested in seeing Sameera. The family, she went on to inform, had a factory of manufacturing spare industrial parts, same as Mohinder. With high praise of their status she had went on to add even Arjun favors the match and both would be coming to meet them the next morning.

However, when Arjun and Anwesha did come to visit the Handas, every hope was crushed.

The boy...no...the man...a 31 year old man...was hardly educated till secondary school level. Not even a graduate, since he had dropped out in the first year itself after failing two years in it simultaneously. And this was the brilliant match that Arjun is pushing for.

First disappointment and then anger coursed through his veins.

His Sameera was worth ten of such men. He always knew that Arjun did not value them much as relatives but to lower his daughter like this came in as a rude jolt to Mohinder. If Kakku was his pride, Meera was his joy, then Sameera was his ego. He always saw Sameera as an extension of his own self. He was immensely proud of her accomplishments and the way she handled every setback. And it was not merely the pride in terms of happiness for one self. It was arrogance for having a daughter such as her.

People maybe judge her for her color. Marrying her to a worthy fellow maybe cause him constant worry. But nothing would force him to marry his Sameera off to such unsuitable man. If this is a test by Gods then he would strive to win at all cost. It was a question of her whole life. He will not compromise in any matter. Either he will find a prince for his princess. Or he has enough strength of will to keep his daughter happy and safe for her life.

"I am prepared to keep her at home, as you have just said. And why shouldn't I? It is her home. I have made this abode for my daughters to live in for as long as they want. Who else has any claim my belongings, my possessions?"

Mohinder grabbed his crutch and stood up.

He joined his hands and addressed Arjun, "Puttar I am grateful for your efforts. But I refuse to give my daughter to a man less capable than her."

A piqued Arjun rose from his seat and huffed in agitation, "Fine! Do whatever you like. Who am I to say anything? Don't accuse me of not doing my duty later. But be careful Bauji. Kudi vyaah nahi karegi, taan ghar baith ke vi kar legi? [If the girl won't get married, what will she achieve staying at home thereafter?]"

"Tussi fikar na karo Arjun paahji." Mohinder heard Sameera speak from behind. "I know what I will achieve. And I will achieve it on my own."

(Ahmedabad...)

"Everything I will achieve will be on my own. One day, I shall rise so high in life that you would fail trying but would never be able to reach upto me."

"Keep your voice down Vardaan Oberoi! Don't forget you still live under my roof."

"I will never forget how you have kept me under your roof. Never. But you seem to have forgotten Bhai that this roof also belongs to me. That the Vardaan who lives like a seravnt in your house is none other than your own blood. Your younger brother."

"You are nothing but a liability. It is because of the blood that binds us that I tolerate you in my home."

"You tolerate me because your hands are tied by our mother's will. Next April I turn 25. Be prepared to give me that what belongs to me."

A door slammed and Sartaaj Oberoi knew his your brother had left his office.

"Didn't I say that this leech will become trouble for us one day," his wife spoke up, "It would have been better had we given him up to some asharam. This is all your fault. What was the need of being so openly against him? Mark my words Harman and Meha will use this to their advantage. And you can say goodbye to the inheritence."

"Shut up Usneek"

"Look Sartaaj we still have time to salvage the situation. All we have to do is play our cards right. Keep the boy pacified till attains the age of 25. And then marry him off to some dumb female who remains in our control forever."

"Hmm, I must say my wife is very smart."

"Of course jaan. I am the better half of shrewd businessman," Usneek replied, "Once I decide on something. I make sure I get it at all costs. Vardaan can make all the resolutions he wants, he will never succeed against us."

(Handa Haveli...)

"What has my daughter decided then?"

Mohinder carresed Sameera's hair as she lay with her head in his lap.

"I want you to promise me one thing and grant me permission for another."

"Bol puttar. My Captaan sa'ab only needs to order and I will fulfill her every wish."

Sameera raised her head and looked at her father with expecatations filled eyes.

"Promise me Papaji, that from this day onwards you will not look around for any alliances for me. If some proposal comes home, we will consider it. But you will not plead relatives and friends for seeking them."

"I promise. Now what do you want permission for?"

"Papaji, this is my final semester in B. Ed. I want to give the competitive examinations for the post of a teacher. I want to work Papaji. Make my own life, my own identity."

"But Sammy, didn't you want to pursue M. Sc.?"

"I can do it from a private college too. I have all the details charted out. I just need your permission Papaji."

After a minute of silence, Mohinder finally spoke. "Alright Sammy. Go live your dreams. But I have only condition."

"Dasso Papaji."

"You will not use your pay for any household expenses. It will be used solely for you and your desires."

"Papaji," Sameera grinned, "this is contingent to my clearing the exam and securing a post. We will discuss my pay later, that is if I get selected."

"Sameera Handa, I know you will clear the examination and in the first attempt itself. Else I never would have given you the permission."

New entry alert! Lolz. Do tell how do you find Vardaan Oberoi. 

Chapter 18 - Page 51

Devious Plans for Sinister Ends

Before i begin to comment on this update I would like to dedicate these two pictures to all those who would disagree with Maan having long teeth. Oh Ashu being the first one in the dedicated list🤣
And coming back to the update.. Arjun Arjun Arjun.. ugh. Does this man has the M of manners R of respect and I of intellectuality?
Seriously who the hell is he to tell whom should be Sameera handa married to?
Sameera is a wonderful human being and her dark complexion doesn't make her character one percent less. And I am glad that Sameera made a choice of working first.. She's a gem in all sense.
And then Arjun again.. fine she thinks so high of himself but I am shocked to find his lack of manners. I mean
what was this?

"Kakku, where are the snacks? Will you serve your jijaji only a cup of tea?"
I tell ya If it was I, in place of Geet I would have emptied the tea on his head. Jerk!

"

"Don't be silly Kakku! Tell something atleast?"

"He has long teeth."

Thus, the inane observations about him stuck in her memory and nudged out the glimpses of him that had made her smile. And these observations became her retorts whenever Maan was used a means of teasing Geet by Sameera and Meera.

I don't see anything offending in what ever Geet said. I was smiling throughout. When you are being teased, one thing you do to protect yourself..some act of self defence mechanism is that you start degrading the other person to whom you are teased with and I am absolutely loving this. I rolled down with laughter and I don't see why are everyone so shocked about Geet's comment. 😆

"Bas Di," Sameera interrupted, "spare us! We have heard enough of his good looks. But is that what makes a good husband? Shouldn't his character matter? Shouldn't his nature matter?"

Hats off Sameera! I respect Sameera for this attitude of hers! Well said. What's big deal of physical appearance when the person doesn't have a good character and a much needed brain? And am lad Sammy came up with a wonderful answer for her Di.

(Ahmedabad...)

"Everything I will achieve will be on my own. One day, I shall rise so high in life that you would fail trying but would never be able to reach upto me."
I am surprised to see these lines.. I mean they are quite familiar to me.😆
I remember writing similar lines in my diary.

"Keep your voice down Vardaan Oberoi! Don't forget you still live under my roof."

"I will never forget how you have kept me under your roof. Never. But you seem to have forgotten Bhai that this roof also belongs to me. That the Vardaan who lives like a seravnt in your house is none other than your own blood. Your younger brother."
I already like Vardhaan but I'm highly intrigued for the similarity i find with him. So he lives in his very house as a servant. Hmm. And the strongness of his character sounds interesting. And I Love him already. Oh also he's the perfect match for our perfect Sammy. Awaiting for the next update already.

Edited by --Shika-- - 12 years ago
zaara2212 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 3 Thumbnail
wonderful update😊
how much i hate this arjun 😡
Edited by zaara2212 - 12 years ago