Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Grumpydwarf24 thumbnail
Posted: 1 years ago

Originally posted by: Maroonporsche

Unless I can see a public poll (which sadly can also be manipulated) again theres no way to quantify that 

Again people vote. Bollywood is getting trolled and films are failing. I don’t know what else you need to let other who disagree with you move on with their lives until they don’t cave in to agreeing with you. 

Grumpydwarf24 thumbnail

Again articles have been posted about credibility. Numerous people discussing and agreeing online. What more proof. I know it needs to be written in blood. If there is an inch doubt you will pinpoint ! 

Edited by Grumpydwarf24 - 1 years ago
Maroonporsche thumbnail

Originally posted by: Grumpydwarf24

Again people vote. Bollywood is getting trolled and films are failing. I don’t know what else you need to let other who disagree with you move on with their lives until they don’t cave in to agreeing with you. 

I just think Bollywood caters to fans more based on who is nominated. An no it’s not always the best thing. If Hollywood catered to fans in the level Bollywood did than maybe Cruise or Schwarzenegger would have Oscar’s 😂 

Grumpydwarf24 thumbnail

I just think Bollywood caters to fans more based on who is nominated. An no it’s not always the best thing. If Hollywood catered to fans in the level Bollywood did than maybe Cruise or Schwarzenegger would have Oscar’s 😂 

Catering to fans and catering to people who public feels deserve to win are two completely different things . And I honestly think Alia has equal number of haters and fans. Same is the case for dharma. Does that stop them from winning awards ? 
No one felt Cruise was deserving. 

Edited by Grumpydwarf24 - 1 years ago
Maroonporsche thumbnail

Catering to fans and catering to people who public feels deserve to win are two completely different things . And I honestly thing Alia has equal number of haters and fans. Same is the case for dharma. Does that stop them from winning awards ? 
No one felt Cruise was deserving. 

Your main point was you think the fans feel HW awards have more integrity/credibility than BW awards. A the fans of HW respect the Oscar awards more than Bollywood fans respect filmfare . That’s fine. But when you used the term Public opinion I just started thinking about fan adulation. That being said I think Oscar’s still only have slightly more credibility than filmfare. Like one has none and one has barely any 😆

An yes I do felt Tom Cruise should’ve won an Oscar for Jerry Maguire. 

Maroonporsche thumbnail

That being said I don’t think Nina winning over Ellen Pompeo or Eva Longoria is the best example of credibility. 😆 That may have sidetracked us also 

Edited by Maroonporsche - 1 years ago
Grumpydwarf24 thumbnail

That being said I don’t think Nina winning over Ellen Pompeo or Eva Longoria is the best example of credibility. 😆 That may have sidetracked us also 

Again it shows the awards are not fixed. From not being nominated to winning. Credibility comes into play. 

Grumpydwarf24 thumbnail

Your main point was you think the fans feel HW awards have more integrity/credibility than BW awards. A the fans of HW respect the Oscar awards more than Bollywood fans respect filmfare . That’s fine. But when you used the term Public opinion I just started thinking about fan adulation. That being said I think Oscar’s still only have slightly more credibility than filmfare. Like one has none and one has barely any 😆

An yes I do felt Tom Cruise should’ve won an Oscar for Jerry Maguire. 

Oscars might not have a lot. But a lot more than the likes of filmfare. 

Maroonporsche thumbnail

Again it shows the awards are not fixed. From not being nominated to winning. Credibility comes into play. 

Not being nominated and then winning actually make the whole thing seem suspect to me that is lmao ( if you don’t feel that let’s not discuss it) 

An we got sidetracked cause BW has lots of fan voting shows where people win. So I just don’t see how it’s any better/worse. (Again we don’t have to get into it) 

greenletters thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Have people been complaining about talentless nepo kids for a while now? Has it made any difference? 

It's hard for me to say. I don't keep up with many nepos from hw, but I do watch people complain on youtube and such. Of course, youtube is not the yard stick for the average person and how the general public feel. However, the increase of nepotism doesn't seem to have any effect on what gets turned out. In my opinion I still think HW is miles ahead with or without nepo babies. If you want to consider the media influence of let's say the Kardashian/Jenners, then maybe you could argue the quality of reality and media has gone down. But I can't blame just one family for that. The use of social media and what is trendy is different than what should be put out in films and tv apps...it's hit or miss too. I do think that HW has better stories and such, even with a nepo baby, you can get loads better acting from hw (not always) than these bw babies who are shoved down your throat.