Posted: 2 years ago
Originally posted by blue-ice.1

Depends on how you are looking at this situation.....He is a very nice man no doubt....but taking him away from everything that he was used to....was not a nice thing to do....so he sacrificed for her.....a man in Madhuri's situation would have been called a lot of names ...trust me...😉

See, this would mean he had no power over what he did. He is an educated man, who was earning a very nice income. He is a CV surgeon AFAIK. Their annual can come up to a million bucks. Dr Nene could even have insisted on keeping the kids in the U.S. As they are American citizens, the govt would back him up.

If he's chucking all that (presuming no legal issues) and going with his wife, it is not the same as a financially (and perhaps legally) dependent wife really being given no choice in the matter. 

Originally posted by HearMeRoar

See, this would mean he had no power over what he did. He is an educated man, who was earning a very nice income. He is a CV surgeon AFAIK. Their annual can come up to a million bucks. Dr Nene could even have insisted on keeping the kids in the U.S. As they are American citizens, the govt would back him up.

If he's chucking all that (presuming no legal issues) and going with his wife, it is not the same as a financially (and perhaps legally) dependent wife really being given no choice in the matter. 

You forgot one thing....maybe he loves Madhuri and sacrificed for her happiness...right?? Its a marriage...not a business deal....

You forgot one thing....maybe he loves Madhuri and sacrificed for her happiness...right?? Its a marriage...not a business deal....

smiley5Basically, he's not responsible for his own decision? His love forced him to do it? So how is it her selfishness?

Sorry, BI. We agree on many things, but not this one. For one, Madhuri is a person, too. She would have her own outlook on life and her own ambitions. She is as entitled to those as he. That's not selfishness.

For another, Dr Nene has his own agency. He has financial independence. Excusing him (not that one is needed in this scenario) for following her instead of the other way around skirts too close to the wife-blaming that happens for husband's misdeeds.

Edited by HearMeRoar - 2 years ago
Originally posted by HearMeRoar

smiley5Basically, he's not responsible for his own decision? His love forced him to do it? So how is it her selfishness?

Sorry, BI. We agree on many things, but not this one. For one, Madhuri is a person, too. She would have her own outlook on life and her own ambitions. She is as entitled to those as he. That's not selfishness.

For another, Dr Nene has his own agency. He has financial independence. Excusing him (not that one is needed in this scenario) for following her instead of the other way around skirts too close to the wife-blaming that happens for husband's misdeeds.

He is .😆..we do a lot of things because we love someone...we give up a lot because we love someone....Dr Nene is not a child that he won't be responsible for his own actions....Madhuri didn't take him to India at gun point....but if you hear her interviews ....and the way she talks about his life style....there is no way...such a person would give up everything and just move to India....there has to be a reason...maybe he loved his family more than his career....and he gave it up for keeping his family together...women make this sacrifice all the time...why is all this so unbelievable....why is it unbelievable that women can't be selfish sometimes and the men are the ones who make the sacrifice....like if the roles were reversed...no one would have batted an eyelid if I had called Dr Nene selfish....people would be like...haan men are selfish like that....no one would have challenged that we don't know them personally...😆

ok I am sleepy now..😆

Edited by blue-ice.1 - 2 years ago

So what's wrong with sacrificing for your partner's happiness if you're not forced to do it? Women have been doing it for CENTURIES. What's wrong if a man does the same? It's not like Madhuri held him at gun-point and brought him here. He could've easily stayed back if he wanted to. 

I still can't believe that this selfish woman uprooted Dr Nene and the 2 kids from their life so that she can judge reality shows and make vlogs with Dr Nene......and this is my opinion..😳..

Yes BI. 

Normal middle class people dream to go to US or any other country abroad so that they can give better education, life to their kids..

I guess, its different for celebrities..

If you read my first comment...I said....she is selfish and that is my opinion.....Did I present it as a fact?.....from my perspective...from all that is visible to me with the naked eye....I feel that she is selfish.....

Yes, you clarified it was your opinion and I noted it. I would have accused you of slander and defamation otherwise. ðŸ˜†

But perception is reality. Our opinions of people impact many things like how we treat them or make them feel. Granted Madhuri is a celebrity and doesn't need anyone to defend her. But I'm merely requesting you to reconsider and temper your opinion because sometimes we don't know. In the real world it could impact people more. 

just because Dr Nene seems cheerful doesn't mean that he didn't feel the pain of giving up his way of life....what is he supposed to do.....give up living....he adapted to his new life......Just because he made a decision.....to support his wife in her career and her dreams....makes him a nice person....doesn't mean that Madhuri is not selfish....that is how the marriages work.....people give up things they like to make the marriage work.....Dr Nene sacrificed here ...

So just to clarify. 

Anyone who makes a sacrifice in a relationship is being nice. Anyone who benefits from a partner's sacrifice is selfish. 

Another reason to revel in the single life. ðŸ˜Ž

This marriage and relationship bullshit is complicated, man! I am the master of my fate, I am the captain of my soul. Don't need no one assuming me or my loved ones as selfish. 

Edited by return_to_hades - 2 years ago
Originally posted by Swetha-Sai

Normal middle class people dream to go to US

I guess the key is "normal middle class", as you've put.

Otherwise living in the US is no great shakes, I fail to see what's so special about the US. Probably those who live there project it as some sort of haven, and the be all and end all, otherwise Canada, UK, Australia, NZ are much better places to migrate to.

Plus, why wouldn't she want to be chauffeured around and fawned upon even if it's to relive nostalgia. Beats doing grocery shopping in Denver.

Is Madhuri really earning more money in India being a judge on flop reality shows ? More than her husband would make in the USA being a doctor ? 

If she is. Please let me know because if this true, I need to rethink my life.