SwaSan OS - A Love Like None Other

Nynaeve thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 7 years ago

THIS IS A "MEMBERS ONLY" POST
The Author of this post have chosen to restrict the content of this Post to members only.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Nynaeve thumbnail

THIS IS A "MEMBERS ONLY" POST
The Author of this post have chosen to restrict the content of this Post to members only.

Nynaeve thumbnail

That was super quick😊
Sakura24 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Dedicated to me! Res!!! Will read it now :)
Feltonate thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2
Res..
*UNRES*
nyna .. i am sorry for the delay dear .. hope you will forgive me 

This is the best OS I have read till now. You have done a great work . The story is simple but, the way you have written and described makes it more Beautiful . 

SwaSan's first meeting in the hospital and sanskaar's getting fascinated towards her Aww.. it is so sweet and since then Sanskaar's admiration and 
Attraction towards her .. 

Sahil here too ! I hate him .. Poor sanskaar .. But he has greatly masked his emotion ... I loved the way you described swara not opening his gifts for some reason .. But the shock was when she slapped him for kissing her and he smiled instead of any angry action .. He is very gentle 

Then his behavior since then and swara feeling bad and missing his company .. And then the accident and sanskaar being the first to be informed and he rushing to see her .. I was feeling bad for him .. Even after so many humiliation he faced from her , he is always there for her and I feel Swara could have also undergone this pain too .. 

There childhood memories ..she protecting his bat and he being surprised by the little one ..was very funny .. She taking share of all his things not even leaving his books ! I loved these a lot 

At last Swara opening all the gifts and finding a infinity ring and realising her feeling was the most beautiful moment in the OS .. She feeling sad for not trying to understand it previously and all her family members knowing it and at night her father dropping her at MM .

SwaSan Union ! The best moment too ( I think all are best I am not able to differentiate between them ) and she repaying kisses on regular basis ..oh my ! It was like Much more on store ..

Lovely ..It is ..Do write more I am craving for more from you but pls don't mind if I reply late !! 

Love 

Soundharya..
Edited by Soundharya_01 - 7 years ago
Cogito_Ergo_Sum thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Res πŸ€— πŸ€—

❀️ X 1000 for the dedication. πŸ˜Š

for the lovely SwaSan romance, Sanskaar's unconditional, selfless, potent adoration for Swara, and Swara's realization that she loves him 'equivalently'. πŸ˜³ And what a beautiful, profound realization that was. πŸ‘

Blue, especially cerulean being Sanskaar's favorite color... it's mine, too. πŸ˜‰

And those quotes by Rumi... sigh...

Will be back for more tomorrow. Loved it. πŸ‘

Loads of Love 

Viji

Un-Res

What an exhilarating journey this little gem of a piece was---filled with joy, intense love and romance; as well as a poignant pathos so moving, I teared up quite a bit at times.

The very start was so beautiful---that quote by Rumi about the Sun and the Earth, and your note on the different natures of love. Rumi is one of my absolute favorites, BTW, love his poems and quotes. There is a mystic fervor in his writing, a deep, profound understanding of the universe that is so very moving. A tremendously wise soul.

That subtle nuance you drew, between loving equally and equivalently, was superbly done. Indeed, striving to love someone equally as they love us, may be an exercise in futility. Different people love in different ways---what matters is that they give their all, their affection, devotion, faith and trust into the relationship. Talking of degrees of warmth is irrelevant as long as both parties are warm and snug in their cocoon of togetherness, no? πŸ˜‰ 😊

The tale of SwaSan's bond, your lovely illustration of how their soul connect came into being from the time she was a 3 hour old infant, and he was a 5 year old pre schooler, was so, so achingly lovely. I teared up a bit there, when I read of little Sanskaar's enthralled reaction when baby Swara stroked him with her little fist. He obviously was too young to realize then, that she had cast a lifelong spell on him, had obtained complete dominion over his heart. But he knew that she was special, that there was this undefinable tie between them.

And then, all through their childhood, Swara's possessiveness of Sanskaar and his things, her constant shadowing of his every step, was touching and a bit hilarious to read about. They were so evidently destined to be "childhood sweethearts"---their bond formed as playmates and companions in childhood, and maturing to a deep love as they grew into adolescence and adulthood. Except...it didn't happen quite in that expected, uncomplicated way.

The Maheshwaris and Gadodias themselves, the elders as well as Uttara, Lakshya, and Ragini, always felt that Swara and Sanskaar would land up together. They welcomed this, and eagerly looked forward to it, didn't they? God, how much I love all of them here! But Swara, as you so deftly put it, was scared of Sanskaar's deep, potent, selfless adoration of her. Would she be able to reciprocate this pure love with equal intensity? That thought must have plagued her, raised her hackles and put her defenses up a lot. Not to mention, her instinctive rebellion at the families' notion that she and Sanskaar were fated to be together.

Perhaps, she wanted to make up her own mind, wonder if she could make a definitive choice in the matter? I won't say I fully agree with her reservations in accepting a love as pure as what Sanskaar lavished on her. But the sheer beauty of your characterization, is that one can understand where she is coming from, even if one feels she was unreasonable (dare I say even a tad silly? πŸ˜› 😳) in feeling so.

Sanskaar---My God, what do I say about this man? He loves with every fiber of his being, every last cell in his body, from the very marrow of his bones. And he does so unconditionally, selflessly, without expecting anything in return, just wanting Swara to be happy. It takes a very strong man to do that, and this is what separates the men from the boys. My heart ached each time you described how much Sanskaar's heart broke when Swara did not reciprocate his feelings, yet he kept loving her more and more, each time that happened. He had promised her he would always be there for her; be by her side to infinity and back. And even while she was avoiding him, kind of taking him for granted and distancing herself from him, he kept loving her, from the very depths of his being. You've really made Sanskaar's love so epic here, Nyna. A force of nature, no less. I fell a little more in love with his character after this! πŸ‘ πŸ‘ πŸ‘

Sahil--well, I won't say too much about Mr Wood here. Hewn from the stoic, immovable Banyan he always would be, for me. So he was charmed by Swara, and she by him (however shallow and transient that emotion was). You put that so well, that his chief attraction in Swara's eyes was the fact that he was rather unacceptable to her family. It must have satisfied her latent desire for rebellion, for showing that she was charting an independent course, or making a stand for herself. She did seem to be quite taken aback when Sahil confessed his love to her, though she must have seen the signs coming. πŸ˜ƒ πŸ˜† So like Swara, to be rather confused. She loved Sanskaar even then, but was just too scared to admit it, and act upon her feelings. Sahil was an entertaining, convenient diversion, who never got too serious, or required too much seriousness from her, either! Which was why, despite her vague expectation that Sahil would propose to her on her birthday; she was quite relieved when he did not!

The epiphany she faced when she had that close shave with death, really opened her eyes. For a moment, I felt the truck driver was like Morgan Freeman, (playing God), from Bruce Almighty. πŸ˜‰ I really loved that film, BTW.

And again, I was in tears when Swara opened all those gifts Sanskaar had given her right from her 16th birthday. 9 years' worth of precious gifts, from her 16th to her 24th, each a deeply moving, heartbreaking symbol of his pure, eternal love for her. The double infinity bracelet, the charms he gave her every year after...and the most recent, 'SS' charm. It must have broken his heart, to think that the double S, would now stand for Swara & Sahil, rather than Swara and Sanskaar, as he'd always hoped and dreamed. But Sanskaar's love was so strong, so selfless, that he just wanted to see her happy, no matter what. And though he was heartbroken at the thought that she would not be with him, he tried to find strength and consolation in the thought that she would be happy with Sahil.

I was so glad that Swara finally realized her own deep rooted feelings for Sanskaar. The fact that he was the first person she turned to, when she needed something. The fact that her thoughts kept revolving around him, to the extent that even when Sahil sang something, the images which sprang to her mind, were those of Sanskaar. The fact that though Sahil was jovial and smiled a lot, it was Sanskaar's dazzling, infrequent grins, that lit up her heart and made her smile, in turn. The fact that she wanted Sanskaar in her life, forever and always; and knew without a shadow of doubt, that he would fight and surmount any barrier to be by her side.

That climax scene, with Swara rushing over to the Maheshwari house, with the smiling, tacit blessings of her parents as well as Sujju, was intensely romantic, with your customary wit and humor. I felt I was right there 😳 , witnessing Swara's heartfelt confession of her love, and Sanskaar's ecstatic, and initially almost disbelieving response. Swara's wish that he had kissed her (like his brief kiss all those years ago on her 16th birthday), and her demand that he return the "borrowed kiss" with the stipulated rate of interest, was too good!! Let the kissing begin!! 😳 ☺️

Lovely work, Nynu. As I said before, it combined so many emotions and elements, and despite the pathos inherent in Sanskaar's (sort of) unrequited love for all those years; (well, not exactly unrequited, but at least, unrealized, unacknowledged, and un-acted upon by Swara); the resolution was so tremendously moving and sublimely happy!

Loads of Love,

---Viji

Edited by CogitoErgoSum - 7 years ago
Apudip thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Hi Nayna, 
         This is our first meeting. I  loved your story. Cvs has spoilt the intensity, spontaneity of swasan relationship. There is a gap between what is and what will be -----as always. You have lessoned my  disappointment. Thanks πŸ˜³
                                                                                                            Aparna πŸ˜Š
Edited by Apudeep - 7 years ago
iam_aheli_98 thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
Awesome OS Nyna.πŸ‘ I'm speechless!!!😳 Love my SwaSan.πŸ˜‰ Thanks for the pm.πŸ˜›
The.Lannister thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 7
Res

Unreserved:

Wonderful OS NynaπŸ‘ This was brilliant.

Swara is lucky to have met her soulmate within the first 3 hours of her lifeπŸ˜³πŸ˜† That was such a super cute moment in the hospital when she opened her eyes & brushed her tiny fist against his face. A total soul connect moment if ever there was one😳 

Loved all the special moments SwaSan shared here...all the seemingly normal moments which now have turned precious for Swara because she has finally realized their worth as also of the man with whom she spent them😳 

That charm bracelet was a wonderful idea to gift her, especially with the infinity symbol. Something which only a person as deep as Sanskaar could come up with. Though the last charm did break my heart to a zillion pieces. A man so sincere doesn't deserve such a terrible heartbreak. In the initial parts I was so scared of how far would Swara go in order to prove to herself that she didn't love Sanskaar...of how much she would hurt him in the process & then of how much it would affect their relationship eventually. But that truck driver must have been God in disguise I guessπŸ˜† finally after some much needed retrospection she understands her true feelings for this wonderful, wonderful man who is so much hers β€οΈ

This story also left me with a lot of questions?" What if Sanskaar had not kissed her? How would she have reacted to his gift then? How would their story have shaped up had she opened each gift each year😳 Ahh! Stupid girl you wasted so many days...but chalo better late than never😳

Edited by The.Lannister - 7 years ago
Sakura24 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: Sakura24

Dedicated to me! Res!!! Will read it now :)

Unres

Hi Nyna,

First of all, thank you so much Sweetie for dedicating something so beautiful to me. πŸ€—I feel really special right now😳😳, even more than how I felt before reading it, to know that you have dedicated this story to me. I'm glad I could help you by writing those short pieces I've titled SwaSan today. It is because I know you would be waiting that I sit to pen down one, even after an episode that emotionally drains me, so you can claim all the credit of being my inspiration on that front.⭐️

Now, although I embarked upon writing a revert, I'm not sure what to say anymore. The perfection of this piece of writing is so overwhelming that it left me wordless. I'm so glad you decided to share this on the forum with everyone, (Unlike some stories I have closed firmly in my PC) It is very generous of you.😊

The childhood sweethearts concept is so sweetly used here. I could literally imagine kid Swara following a slightly older kid Sanskar everywhere he goes. And needless say, the imagery is enough to keep me hooked on reading.😳

It's so good to hear the same tale repeated from both points of view. One confused and the other regretting. I felt for both and especially my heart wrenched for Sanskar. His account felt so humane to me.

Then the gift opening, I had a knot in my throat and my eyes teared up. That was so poignantly beautiful. Says a lot without saying much. And oh yes, she had to go right then, running as the story demanded. 

Now the main story is done, let's discuss side facts.

Mr.Wood, you did have to get him in here right? Well as long as he remains a passing by reference I don't mind.

I'm very glad that the two families were so understanding. Loved Suju she is awesome, that danced half way to her room thing cracked me upπŸ˜†

Lakshya is good too😊 So is Ragini😊

What I loved the most,

The start lines of yours, about how earth and sun loves each other ached my heart. They were so touching, deep and hauntingly beautiful. So true when it comes to SwaSan and also on what I personally believe about love. Everyone has a different intensity, a different way of loving, no one's love can be identical to another's but satisfying in its own precious way. Those words brought that out so wonderfully.

That borrowing a kiss theory is so tantalizing, I knew as soon as I read it these are going to be the end lines.

The double infinity symbol: I was sixteen when I decided I would have that on my wedding ring, never mind whomever I marry. It is the ultimate symbol of love that lasts forever. Thank you for adding that here, my favorite symbol in a story dedicated to me is really something😳

I could go on, but the chatter that lead to this line must be telling you how much I love this one. So I stop here. This means the world to me, thank you for writing it.

Loads of love,
Sakura