Shaitan-Haiwan thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 3 months ago

What an interesting thing has happened in 2023 some of our very good directors have seen some huge flops lately with Bawaal Archies and Dunki. I guess they lost their touch or their previous films were ghost directed. Rocky aur Rani wasn’t a flop but it also didn’t do huge numbers and doesn’t have repeat value. I would rather watch SOTY than Rocky Rani.

Edited by Shaitan-Haiwan - 3 months ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Maroonporsche thumbnail

TJMM

Luv Ranjans movies don’t end with the girl/guy together. They end with guy berating her for her faults and going to find another one smiley36

RedAmaranth thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2

Kjo kal hi Vanga ke saath party karte dikhega.. to get rid of the failed tag. 

blue-ice.1 thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 5

Dunki is a flop on Mars?? arre...smiley38

Shaitan-Haiwan thumbnail

Most people (as in neutral/bias-free) are disappointed with Hirani and call Donkey his worst film. So get over it and accept it 

Edited by Shaitan-Haiwan - 3 months ago
SakZ thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3

I don’t think Kjo and raj kumar hirani have failed. We can’t say they failed just because their movies didn’t collect the numbers “we” expected. These two movies have collected good numbers and the direction weren’t a failure. 

I haven’t watched Bawaal. So no comment on that. Archie is directed badly, so I would agree that zoya failed this time. 

Its hilarious to even wonder if their movies are ghost directed just because you consider their latest movie failed in your opinion. 

In my language, one director made a successful movie then failed miserably in his next venture. The direction had day and night difference in these two movies. It was very unbelievable to think the movies are directed by same person. There had a rumor that the movie is actually directed by the lead actor. It was so believable because the actor then made a brilliant movie with amazing direction. See this kind of stuff can make a doubt. 

SakZ thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3

Who are these most people? Have you watched the movie? Did you see how people reacted to the movie in theatres?

By the way, Saying Dunki is the worst “directed by Hirani”, doesn’t make the movie itself worst ! Lol.

Maroonporsche thumbnail

Don’t speak in absolutes lol

Shaitan-Haiwan thumbnail

Originally posted by: SakZ

Who are these most people? Have you watched the movie? Did you see how people reacted to the movie in theatres?

By the way, Saying Dunki is the worst “directed by Hirani”, doesn’t make the movie itself worst ! Lol.

Dunki is a flop. There’s hardly any hype around it now and people have already forgotten about it. Pathan was an awful film too but one could still feel and see the hype around it, Just because 5 people on IF think Dunki is the next Dangal, that does not make it true either 

IAmLuvBolly thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 7

Part of the problem for RRKPK and even TJMM was their high budgets. 6-7 years ago these movies  making around 140cr would have been considered big hits.  But we are not living in 7 years ago times and both movies underperformed. I don’t know if that’s necessarily a director’s failure or a producer’s failure.  In case of RRKPK KJo is both so I guess he did fail somewhere. 

Dunki got mixed To negative reviews and mixed to negative WOM. I don’t know what its budget and distributors’ prices were so I don’t know if financially it’s a success or not. But critically it’s at the very least a huge disappointment. People expect better from Hirani. 

Bawaal was a bad script that was also executed very very badly. Nitesh Tiwari failed big time. There are no ifs buts or whats about it. 

Archie’s was your typical kids’ TV movie which Zoya screwed up by hiring her friends’ kids for the main parts.  So yea Zoya failed too.  

Each one of them have given hits with different actors so I doubt their hits were ghost directed. Unless there was a talented AD who was not there this time around smiley36.  Seriously though, I think they just didn’t plan properly either at budgeting stage, or script, or casting, or execution, or some combination of all.