WildestDreams thumbnail
Posted: 10 months ago

Fichain #2

Creator: WildestDreams

- I would like you to trust me. -

To trust? Was he really asking her to do it? That word was no longer in Veronica vocabulary anymore, not after everything she'd been through. She couldn't even trust herself anymore, how could she trust anyone else? Especially if that someone was Samarth.

- I know it seems impossible to you, I'm not the right person, but you can't punish me for what Abhay did. -

A spasm went through her body.

-Don't say his name- she hissed at him suddenly becoming more defensive than she already was.

She could no longer even hear or pronounce that name, the one that belonged to the man who had hurt her so badly. Badly? It was an understatement, he had done much worse: he had stripped her of her security, of her certainties, he had taken away her trust in others, she had stripped her of every shred of feeling that wasn't fear or mistrust. Abhay had made her everything she never ever wanted to become.

- Go away, Sam….I don't ... I don't want you. I don't need you, I know why you're here, you try to make up for feeling guilty, but the truth is, giving me charity isn't going to clear your conscience or that of your family. -Veronica spat those words in his face, with such a hard and cold tone.

Sam’s face took on a tinge of sadness, his beautiful coffee eyes lowered. He remained silent observing the floor, only later he raised his eyes, as if to make a last desperate attempt. He took one step towards her and in response Veronica took two steps back from him.

- Don't come near me. - 

- Don't keep me out of this. - he whispered, advancing further.

He was so careful in his movements, like a hunter slowly trying to get close to his prey.

Veronica would have liked to move further away, but she found herself with her back blocked by the wall, she could not go anywhere. It was such a familiar situation.

- Please don't come near me. - She repeated, this time a note of fear was present in her voice.

That was exactly what stopped Sam, who remained motionless, limiting himself to observe her. He found himself thinking she was awfully sweet, while she tried to appear cold and detached, but in reality she was nothing but a terrified girl.

- I'm not him. -

- Oh no? But you lied, you lied about everything. As did he. You pretended, it was all planned... you just wanted to deceive me. -

Sam shook his head at all those accusations.

- No, it was all true, I swear. If you would give me the chance... -

- No. I want you to leave, I don't want you anymore in my life, you and all your family. I hope you all end up in hell, you're just a bunch of hypocrites! Get out! -Veronica recovered her lost grit and in a fit of anger she took a step forward, growling those words in front of Sam’s face.

He remained silent and backed away.

-I'm so sorry for lying to you, sweetheart...- he limited himself to say, while he looked at her contritely.

She was so beautiful with those shiny hazel eyes, the same shade of her wavy hair. Her cheeks were red with anger and her eyes were ready to burst into tears. He would have liked to hug her but he would have only gotten a refusal. He didn't want to terrorise her, Abhay had already thought about doing it.

They looked at each other for a few seconds, before Sam took a few steps back until he disappeared, leaving the front door. As soon as she was alone in the room, Veronica waited a few seconds before letting go. She slid back against the wall, dropping to the floor, knees drawn to her chest, tears streaming down her cheeks.

She had been deceived by someone she didn't expect it from… again.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

WildestDreams thumbnail

Segment 2 by Quantum-Dot

Segment 3 by DreamOfEndless 

Segment 4 by Shibani 

Segment 5 by Bee222

Segment 6 by  Quantum-Dot 

Segment 7 by DreamOfEndless

segment 8 by Shibani

Segment 9 by Bee

Segment 10 by Simi

Segment 11 by Shiri

Segment 12 by Shibani

Segment 13 by Tia

Segment 14 by WD 

Segment 15 by Simi

Segment 16 by Riya

Segment 17 by Tia

Segment 18 by WD

Characters & Summary P36

Segment 19 by Shibani

Segment 20 by Riya

last segment by WD

Edited by WildestDreams - 7 months ago
Viswasruti thumbnail

A widespread spectrum for developing the storyline, an open invitation to tragedy, or a dramatic turn of events that will turn Veronika's life into a happy narrative.

Excellent start, Parm, with plenty of scope to develop the story further. 

Edited by Viswasruti - 10 months ago
LizzieBennet thumbnail

Wow Parm that’s a dramatic and powerful start! 👏 You’ve certainly left it open for people to take it forward in any way but you’ve also given them the formidable task of retconning and coming up with a plausible explanation of what went down between Veronica, Abhay and Samarth. Dimaag ki batti jalani padegi !  I love your writing btw. You’ve used such intense imagery I could picture the entire scene so clearly. 

Anyone wants to claim the next segment? 

Edited by LizzieBennet - 10 months ago
Quantum-Dot thumbnail

Originally posted by: LizzieBennet

Wow Parm that’s a dramatic and powerful start! 👏 You’ve certainly left it open for people to take it forward in any way but you’ve also given them the formidable task of retconning and coming up with a plausible explanation of what went down between Veronica, Abhay and Samarth. Dimaag ki batti jalani padegi !  I love your writing btw. You’ve used such intense imagery I could picture the entire scene so clearly. 

A very interesting start Parm. Loved it. I would love to do the next segment of it.

LizzieBennet thumbnail

Originally posted by: Quantum-Dot

A very interesting start Parm. Loved it. I would love to do the next segment of it.

Welcome Simi! 

Just FYI/ if you’re claiming Segment #2, you have 48 hours to post it - it doesn’t have to be very long .. it can be within 500 words or even less. If you can’t post it in that time frame, your spot opens up and the next writer is free to claim it. This is just to keep the story moving quickly. 

Edited by LizzieBennet - 10 months ago
Quantum-Dot thumbnail

Welcome Simi! 

Just FYI/ if you’re claiming Segment #2, you have 48 hours to post it - it doesn’t have to be very long .. it can be within 500 words or even less. If you can’t post it in that time frame, your spot opens up and the next writer is free to claim it. This is just to keep the story moving quickly. 

Okie Sup Di...I am determined to do it. 

LizzieBennet thumbnail

Originally posted by: Quantum-Dot

Okie Sup Di...I am determined to do it. 

Wonderful! Also when you post your segment, please tag a few authors you know who might be interested in taking it forward. 

Bee222 thumbnail

Wow!

What a gripping start, Wolfy 🔥

Can't wait to see how these characters progress ❤️❤️

EuphoricDamsel thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 7

I need context. The way I'm out of this world half the time these days. 

Explanation mangta lol 😳