Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Quantum-Dot thumbnail

Plot Pundits

Posted: 10 months ago

Originally posted by: DreamOfEndless

Thanks! I hope I did the couple (SweKat) justice by making their love eternal. Glad you liked it.

V&S happened in reality. The opening scene follows from the ending of Segment #12 where Sam goes to see Nica.

I wanted to write and explore more about this couple, since their love life hadn't started yet. Now they will start their life in heavenšŸ˜­

Ok, lemme go back and read all the segments again to see where are we now exactly. 

The scene between S and V which you have written was just too good. Loved it.šŸ‘šŸ‘

Quantum-Dot thumbnail

Plot Pundits

Originally posted by: LizzieBennet

Simi, I missed the Segment  #10 update from you.

So we see Saikat & Shweta on their honeymoon and how Nica's divorce has affected them too.

This is kind of a Domino effect. 

With Veronica & Sam (& Abhay to an extent) being the leads, we are focused on them, but it's interesting how their decisions affect the people around them even if they are secondary characters in the story. 

Poor Shweta! No one deserves feeling second best on their honeymoon.

Is this happening 2 months are Nica's divorce? In the present timeline now? Or is this a future timeline? I'm kinda confused.

Samarth's confession to Nica came on the day of her divorce, right?

And now where we're at in Shibz's update is a few days after that? So this scenario in Maldives hasn't played out yet in the latest update? 

Segment 10 is happening in present timeline now after 2 months of their divorce. Hope I didn't mess up with it. 

@Bold : And that's why IMO, be it marriage or divorce, though it happens between two people, their families and closed ones' lives also get somehow attached to them. That's the main reason, I tried to focus on the lives of the secondary characters too, instead of focussing only on the primary leads. 

WildestDreams thumbnail

Segment #14

Veronica hadn't worn makeup for a long time now, except for a quick and light make up for work, so she had to try several times before being able to get used to the black eye liner she used to love to use so much.

- This is a bad idea.- She kept repeating it, while looking at herself in the mirror and she put on eye shadow, then mascara and finally a red lipstick. She kept saying it too as she styled her wavy hair into a side braid. She fell silent only when she found herself in front of the wardrobe.

What should I wear for my first date with Sam?

Deciding what to wear was far more difficult than just putting on makeup.

When Sam arrived, she had just finished getting ready. 

- This is a bad idea. - Veronica murmured as she entered the car.

-Oh come on don't be so pess ...- Sam didn't finish speaking, he didn't succeed, not when he turned around and saw her. If he had met her on the street he would hardly have recognized her. The red dress she was wearing left her legs uncovered, on which his gaze lingered perhaps more than necessary. Her makeup brought out her beautiful fine features, starting from her tiny nose to her full lips. Wow, she was stunning.

- I know, I'm a knockout-  Veronica winked at him, then laughed. She didn't think she was beautiful at all, but Sam wasn't of the same opinion as her.

When he had "recovered," he finally spoke.

- And you have no idea about it.- he whispered, before starting the car.

~~~

The music echoed around them, but it wasn't annoying, quite the contrary. The two could easily talk, sitting at the counter of the club.

She saw people dancing, laughing, having fun.

- Say you're having fun! - said Sam.

-Ok, ok...just a little bit...-Veronica laughed as she spoke and Sam understood that she was as tipsy as ever.

He looked at her for a few moments. Veronica was radiant, alcohol had made her uninhibited and happy, certainly it was a momentary happiness, but she still deserved to have fun without thinking of anything else.

After a while, Veronica felt observed.

- Why are you looking at me?-she asked at one point.

Sam didn't quite know what to say at first.

- Youā€™re beautiful. -It was the truth, he didn't regret having said it, just like Veronica, she didn't regret having asked.

They smiled at each other, having nothing else to say to each other, he had already said enough that sentence.

~~~

The sun beat down on her hair, warming her face face. Veronica had been running for more than half an hour without stopping, darting among the people that she barely noticed and running away from thoughts of her that slowly became only a distant echo.

She had always liked running, once upon a time she loved to do it almost every day. It helped her to release tension, to relax, not to think. Not thinking was just what she needed right now.

She had stopped shortly after her marriage with Abhay, who didn't like the idea of her running. Now finding herself there in that park, with her feet slapping on the grass, was like revenge for her, a way of saying: guess what, Abhay, I'll go running whenever I want!

It was a beautiful feeling: after a long time in her life, she felt really content.

Since she woke up in the morning, all she could think about was the kiss she shared with Sam when they came back at her apartment. 

That kiss tasted of alcohol, but also of passion, sweetness and above all the desperate need to hold on to something, someone. She had a taste of lust and desire. When they parted, they both missed each other's lips.

Walking at a brisk pace, she returned to her own neighborhood, slowing down slightly as she noticed a woman fiddling with the intercoms in her building.

She walked past her, giving her a slight curious look. She looked familiar to her.

-Excuse me, I'm looking for a woman ... - It was when the woman spoke to her and their eyes met that suddenly Veronica recognised her.

She was her ex mother in law! Kangana Mehta! She looked so worried with eyes full of tears!

-Abhay couldnā€™t get hold of you and he called me!ā€¦I am so sorry!ā€¦. Shweta and Sai are no more! - 

And just like that, her happy world crumbled once again!

Viswasruti thumbnail

Dream Weavers

Wah... What a segment, Parm.... A kiss, a desire for more, and  then the following yearning imbued me with anticipation, everything happened right in front of my eyes, and I was left wondering! Very lucid narrative with exquisite depiction of true emotions. 

I was overjoyed to read Veronika's shift in attitude towards life. 

But why did that seemingly innocent couple (Swetha and Saikat) meet such a sad end? The final sentences are heartbreaking. 

It appears that the next writer bears an enormous amount of responsibility for providing a rationale for their awful end. 

Edited by Viswasruti - 10 months ago
oh_nakhrewaali thumbnail

KanganašŸ¤£ 

Awesome segment WDā¤ļø I hope the story is coming to what you hoped for it to bešŸ™ˆ

DreamOfEndless thumbnail

Dream Weavers

Beautiful update, Parm! ā¤ļø

It is great to see Veronica moving on in her life with Sam. With Abhay, she couldnā€™t even go for a run without his approval. Both Sam and Veronica deserve to be happy.

It must be hard for Veronica to lose yet another family member to death šŸ„ŗ

Waiting for the next segment.

LizzieBennet thumbnail

Dialogue Dynamos

Anyone booked ahead yet? I think after Simi and Bee koi nahi hai na? Then Iā€™ll take the one after theirs šŸ˜…

Quantum-Dot thumbnail

Plot Pundits

Wow...such a nice segment it is, Parm. šŸ‘šŸ¼Loved the scene between Sam & Vero so much, very beautifully written. Kangana mam is here toošŸ˜†!! Hope she is not like the real KR.šŸ¤£ But the last part literally broke my heart. Why Tia? Why you killed this couple? 

Now its a challenge to write the next segment. Something popped in my mind just now while re-reading the segment of both of yours.

Quantum-Dot thumbnail

Plot Pundits

Originally posted by: LizzieBennet

Anyone booked ahead yet? I think after Simi and Bee koi nahi hai na? Then Iā€™ll take the one after theirs šŸ˜…

Finally you have booked yours too!! Eagerly waiting what's in store for us. 

Quantum-Dot thumbnail

Plot Pundits

Originally posted by: Viswasruti

Wah... What a segment, Parm.... A kiss, a desire for more, and  then the following yearning imbued me with anticipation, everything happened right in front of my eyes, and I was left wondering! Very lucid narrative with exquisite depiction of true emotions. 

I was overjoyed to read Veronika's shift in attitude towards life. 

But why did that seemingly innocent couple (Swetha and Saikat) meet such a sad end? The final sentences are heartbreaking. 

It appears that the next writer bears an enormous amount of responsibility for providing a rationale for their awful end. 

@Bold : That I am trying to find. And thankfully I am finally able to find one daily soap kinda plothole or clue anything you say, in Tia's segment. Let's see how well I can cover it up.

Edited by Quantum-Dot - 10 months ago