Frequent Posters

MochaQueen thumbnail

Plot Pundits

Posted: 11 months ago

I'm loving this story girls!❤️

Viswasruti thumbnail

Dream Weavers

In the second segment, the plot was developed, and the tone was set. 

Veronica adored Abhay and married him, expecting an exciting life in her heart. Instead, a mirage-like marriage caused her anguish. 

Simi, your narrative is fantastic. I'm looking forward to the next segment. 

DreamOfEndless thumbnail

Dream Weavers

Segment #3:

TW: cheating/EMA

It had started very slow. At first, he just spent too much time on his phone, then the goodbye kisses before he left for work vanished, he started returning late. Then business tours. Something in Veronica’s gut told her that something was amiss, but she ignored it. How could she distrust Abhay? Didn’t she love him? It was probably only the novelty of marriage wearing off. They were already married for nearly two years.

Sometimes she thought she heard Abhay argue with his parents, she heard a name in their conversation, but when she reached them they would smile at Veronica and pretend that they were only talking.

It was those times that she got gripped by the fear of losing the prince of her dreams. Was something wrong about her? Was she a terrible wife? Was she not enough? She put extra efforts that had long stopped on his end. And then Abhay came to their room, kissed her senseless and went to sleep without making love. Don’t make mountain out of a molehill, Nica. He did kiss you. He is probably tired after work. Abhay is your prince and princes don’t leave their princesses. And she would go to sleep.

Then one fateful day,

“I have to go on a two-day business tour,”

Veronica’s face fell. She had been planning a two-day date night for both of them for the weekend.

“This is so terrible, Abhay. Now I have to stay two days without you!”

Veronica hugged her husband’s back, “Can’t I accompany you on your trip?”

Abhay broke the hug and continued to pack, “It’s a boring trip, Jaan. You’ll be bored by all the old people talking about business and shares.”

Veronica fell silent. She should be more understanding if she wanted to save their marriage. But was he going to understand her?

“It’s okay. It’s work, na? Go out and work and then come back to me.”

Abhay smiled. It looked genuine. But looking back, he was probably amused that Veronica bought his lie.

“Thank you,” he said and kissed her cheek.

Veronica hugged him again.

“I will really miss you.”

That was the last decent conversation Veronica had with Abhay as a proper couple. When Abhay didn’t call her after reaching his hotel, Veronica got worried about his well-being, arranged the phone number of the hotel where he was staying in — she didn’t even know what hotel he was staying in, she had to dig into one of his laptops — and called the reception so that she could hear his voice that he was okay.

“Hello, is this Hotel Belmond? Can I speak to your guest Mr. Abhay Mehta?”

The receptionist checked the list of names and replied.

“Sure ma’am. May I know who is speaking?”

“I am... his family member. His phone is unreachable, so we called here.”

“Okay, do not worry ma’am. Mr. and Mrs. Mehta are out sightseeing. I’ll ask him to call you once he returns.”

Mr. and Mrs. Mehta. Abhay was indeed cheating on her. Veronica went numb. She managed to mumble a thanks, and then she fell to the ground hugging her knees.

The next day, she had packed her bags and left for her Ashutosh uncle’s place. She did not explain anything to her in-laws, they probably thought she was missing her uncle. Veronica was too numb and heartbroken to ask questions, about the name she had heard during arguments, or say anything to them. So she just ran away from her questions to the place that used to be her safe haven before her marriage.

When she refused to come back by the end of seven days, giving excuses, she found Sam at her doorstep instead of Abhay. And that had broken her resolve. She had broken down in front of Sam. She was surprised to see him cry too with her, like he knew. But he didn’t ask any questions and let her cry.

It was much later Veronica understood why Sam played the supportive friend and stood by her when she was getting a divorce from Abhay — Sam had feelings for her. He had lied to her too.

Edited by DreamOfEndless - 11 months ago
DreamOfEndless thumbnail

Dream Weavers

Lovely work 🤗

Just posted the next segment after yours.

oh_nakhrewaali thumbnail

Yeh segment kaun kab le rahe yeh note toh Karo😅🤣

Agar koi next nahi le Raha toh miss t ke baad ka Maine le rahi.

Damn you Abhay, how could you cheat on her! Beautiful update, miss T❤️

Bee222 thumbnail

I feel for Veronica 🥺 you guys have fleshed her out so well ❤️

This Abhay ka baccha... 😒

I'm taking the next segment after Shibu then..

Edited by Bee222 - 11 months ago
Satrangi_Curls thumbnail

Dialogue Dynamos

Ye Abhay PKYEK wala hai kya? The hatred is mutual then 🤣

WildestDreams thumbnail

Updated second post with the parts written so far!

Seg 4 shibani

Seg 5 Bee

Edited by WildestDreams - 11 months ago
Quantum-Dot thumbnail

Plot Pundits

Originally posted by: Viswasruti

In the second segment, the plot was developed, and the tone was set. 

Veronica adored Abhay and married him, expecting an exciting life in her heart. Instead, a mirage-like marriage caused her anguish. 

Simi, your narrative is fantastic. I'm looking forward to the next segment. 

Thanks so much Madhuri....🤗❤️

Quantum-Dot thumbnail

Plot Pundits

Originally posted by: DreamOfEndless

Lovely work 🤗

Just posted the next segment after yours.

Thanks my dear, Tia. 🤗❤️

Totally loved reading your segment...I was thinking something around these lines only regarding what had happened between Veronica and Abhay...You have written it just so well.❤️❤️