Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

atominis thumbnail
Posted: 1 years ago

Aamir is in shambles as of now be it in personal life or professional. I agree he should take a break. Sort himself out. And STOP commenting on any controversy, leave rivalries with co stars or political comments.

I feel sort of sad for him given his two divorces, death of his dad, miscarriage Kiran suffered earlier, his daughter suffering from anxiety disorder, his brother also divorced and having schizophrenia and his sister also divorced. His nephew Imran also failed in career and got divorced. He seems to be trying to prepare Junaid for launch in BW and shield Azad from trauma of divorce of his parents or help Ira handle her mental health.

I think he will focus on his kids first and become a full time director or producer. And gradually cut down on acting in future. 

vcs17 thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: atominis

Come on! Khans are NOT of Jaya's age in K3G or Rishi age in Kapoor and Sons. 

They are still under 60.

This is easily their downfall phase like AB had when films like Agneepath, Ganga Jumna Saraswati, Akayla etc began tanking. And he was in early 50s. 

I felt sad seeing total lack of excitement for an Aamir film or for an SRK cameo in an Aamir film. A decade ago if it happened it would have caused fire at BO or trended online. Nobody gives a damn now...

I mean even Govinda's sudden brief appearance for a while in Wanted title song had better response from audience than this lack of excitement for SRK cameo in LSC.

This. they have reached this phase and whether they will change or not according to time will decide whether they will have a long innings like AB.

The audience is getting younger, they want to see younger, fresher faces. 

roles, stories and films for older actors will be limited, yes they can create space for themselves but have to accept that their prime is over, they cant play 20-30 yr olds

the sooner their fans accept it, they will also move on

and these highest grossers, records are meant to be broken

actors held them before the khans and other actors will hold it after them

who thought even a couple of yrs ago that a kannada film with an unknown actor will become the highest grosser in india

Edited by vcs17 - 1 years ago
Guddu.Pandit thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 5

Aamir is in shambles as of now be it in personal life or professional. I agree he should take a break. Sort himself out. And STOP commenting on any controversy, leave rivalries with co stars or political comments.

I feel sort of sad for him given his two divorces, death of his dad, miscarriage Kiran suffered earlier, his daughter suffering from anxiety disorder, his brother also divorced and having schizophrenia and his sister also divorced. His nephew Imran also failed in career and got divorced. He seems to be trying to prepare Junaid for launch in BW and shield Azad from trauma of divorce of his parents or help Ira handle her mental health.

I think he will focus on his kids first and become a full time director or producer. And gradually cut down on acting in future. 

I didn't know about Aamir's personal life going through all this. Thanks for sharing.

atominis thumbnail

True. Jaya was critically acclaimed but never the kind to draw masses or whistles or cheers and fans rooting for her unlike Hema, Rekha, Zeenat, Parveen, Mumtaz etc. She was not really missed once she quit acting post marriage.

Maroonporsche thumbnail

Come on! Khans are NOT of Jaya's age in K3G or Rishi age in Kapoor and Sons. 

They are still under 60.

Jaya was 53 when k3g came 

the 3 khans are 56/57

sev.puri thumbnail
Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Anniversary 3 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: VimalPanMasala

Jaya Bachchan wasn't even the top actress of her time though? 

It was Hema Malini by a huge margin since Seeta aur Geeta. Then Zeenat and Rekha. 

Sharmila, Parveen were also more popular. 

Lol that’s besides the point. It’s not like Indian critics were asking the question about a Zeenat, Rekha or Hema Malini in their mid 50s not getting roles, let alone being able to bring in an audience. Bottom line still comes down to the shelf life of an actor. (albeit still much longer than that of actresses) 

Guddu.Pandit thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: vcs17

who thought even a couple of yrs ago that a kannada film with an unknown actor will become the highest grosser in india

I love Yash, I love both KGF like anything. I can watch it on repeat. That said, I don't think the thing to which you are referring is how its success should be analyzed. 

KGF 1 when released, could only gross an odd 45 cr at box office. After it came on satellite & OTT, it started getting more & more crazier. Hype for KGF 2 was generated by KGF 1 only. The same was the case with Bahubali 1 & how it pumped hype for Bahubali 2.

I would love to see if any film that isn't part 2 of another successful film becomes the highest grosser, like the Khans do with their films.

Maroonporsche thumbnail

BTW I read he spent 14 years on LSC. 14 years to make this? I hope he never makes his so called dream project Mahabharat because I do not think he can handle it. He and other Khans, Devgan and Kumar need to really change tracks now. 

No 14 years to get the rights. He only announced it in 2019 for 2020 release. But it was moved to 2022 cause if pandemic 

atominis thumbnail

It is out there in media and Aamir's own interviews. He has been crying and low key in interviews as well talking about Ira's mental health and his worry for impact of divorce on Azad. And guilt he feels for not being there for family and especially his kids when they were in growing years and affected by his first divorce with Reena. He blames himself for divorce with both wives. Not being there for parents or siblings either.

He is in one of his lowest phases as of now. And sort of blamed his being busy in own work in post RDB phase for his personal life suffering. It was his own interviews mentioning this before LSC release.

atominis thumbnail

Sorry I made mistake. I overestimated her age perhaps because she never maintained herself at all the way Rekha and Hema did or the way Khans maintain themselves till date. 

Thanks for correcting me.