Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

indi52 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 9 years ago
^^^

hi sohara, great to see you. that 102 is new. and everything you say is true. that love shone the brightest. such a beautiful episode. the first totally happy sparkly one i think.

about 340, i guess i am feeling the fatigue and really the messing of story is interfering with my enjoyment. so alas, i really wasn't that smitten with asr kkgsr eye talk.. i found everything a bit forced. too sugary. but there were good momentts and i stayed with them.

mami was hilarious with that coconut. utkarsha naik really makes her believable. and at home i have enough crazy aunts to know someone almost as bizarre as her can be very much a part of one's fam.

glad you read. thank you. see you soon.
aarwen thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 4
Most chamko was ASR's love.. lol.. sohara I have missed you..

Indi di absolutely stunning edits for 102.. clear and radiant.. yet to read the take.. what my chamko detergent packet needs in some magic silver coins that give extra hours in a day.. hope ASR is paying attention to what I need and has sent OP to get those packets for me..

I like what you said to Sohara that it seems okay they won't come to know a lot of things.. bas pata chal jata hai.. they would each always give all and gain everything back in this relationship..
aarwen thumbnail
Oh and I think we are forever indebted to hotstar for clear print of IPK.. 
aarwen thumbnail
Episode 340
Writing about an episode after so long.. fresh from the hopes of a new movie of Barun.. Am grinning like a complete idiot as I type random things.

First it starts with that forced upbeat music and I roll my eyes. The creators needed a reason to bring Shyam back. Now he is back we should quickly forget all the biting words, tears and sad times and start enjoying marriage banter it seems... oh I forgot a child was also murdered.. even before he was born.. nevermind let's enjoy some happy times.

And then something magical happened as it always does when Arnav Singh Raizada in his rolled up shirt sleeves paces in his room staring at his phone. I almost don't mind the fact that he calls her, she does not pick up.  She does try being too cute, but then his shut up and cutting the call is just so refreshing and far from diplomatic that I decide to go along.

Mamiji wants to talk to buaji, but Khushi thinks its Arnavji. Really Khushi? Can you imagine ASR copying mami?!! Now why didn't I think of that scene in my fanfiction atleast!

Anyway, a miraculously recovered di shuffles along to her chote. It hits again me how big his heart is. That holds no grudge. Di might have gone against his wishes, but he will still worry for her. Call her inside with respect and love. And though he is angry with Shyam he cares too much for di to take it out on her. In a way I felt good that Anjali atleast tried to make things right with him. Of course, for her to do so is easy since she did get her way. 

Then comes nani and talks about Khushi bitiya being 'achchi bahu'. There.. We have it.. Indi di's favourite achchi bahu running rampant on our screen. I can't really mind since am sarcastically chuckling at how apparent they have to make this transformation of sankadevi to kartavya parampara following ideal bahuriya.

Matchwa phixing karke hi breathing lebe.. Or something similar mamiji says.. I had used this joke in my fanfiction and been so proud of it.. Now I realize my mind must have copied it.. Remind me not to judge 'inspired' serial-makers and copied movies harshly ever again. We all make such honest mistakes where we pass off things as original pieces. 

Mami aap kya kar ri hai? For a minute he looked like that young hero from episodes close to one hundred.. Haye my arnav bitwa how good you were then.. And how good you are still..

Mami tells him he needs to break a coconut on Khushi's head. Maybe then she will wake and forget being adarsh nari.. What fun would it be! NK and mami are a lethal pair and bitwa is a bit too distraught having fought with his would be wife, err contract wife, to realize the shatir dimag is being played with.

Look here, even if am most upbeat I can't ignore Khushi's wide smile as she greets di and others in Shantivan. Isn't she a bit sad that she fought with Arnavji?

Everyone gets to snicker and giggle at the expense of the once stern ASR, who is now fine with being the besotted groom.  Thus, in my mind spelling IPK's impending doom. Which does throw me into gloom.. And I should stop rhyming silly words soon.

Coming up is haldi ceremony.. i should start gathering buckets of ice. And Shyam is suddenly in charge of decorations.. Daiyya ho.. No wonder it all looks so middil cilaas.. me with my snarky remarks...

Next scene is a bit too cute.. Specially with man smiling all starry eyed and girl completely unfazed and concerned more with her mehendi. 

There are other things to worry about. If the poolside is visible from the living room then all the rabba veys must have been witnessed by HP, OP and devi maiyya only knows who else. Oh wait.. This magical poolside, that you can see from the living room, is the one that appears on diwali nights when broken hearted girls cry and guys with striking haircuts stare out of. So, its all fine. Moving along to NK's usefulness in an Indian wedding.

Nannav ko kisika wait karne ki adalat nai hai.. Hai re NK (phrase courtesy Durga di).. And please someone hold me.. Did NK call ASR stupid right there?

Anyway, so the good thing about this last scene is it somehow reminded me of the Payash havan night. That happier time when Khushi was teasing him about the bangles and Anjali and nani had started to guess their chote's dil ka haal?

Back to the episode where the elusive Aman call's Khushi about some deal that didn't go through. The girl suddenly gets very worried and rushes to man's room. He sits staring at his laptop, typing all sorts of important things. Yet he talks to her in that special tenure of voice that my heart cannot simply deny.

Since this is about his work, Khushi is allowed to look worried and upset., but forget the deal it's simply a ruse to bring her to him. And then as she starts to leave he has to corner her against that door... Completely obliviously to what such a rugged  gesture would do to anyone watching...

Hold your fluttering hearts steady because Arnav Singh Raizada is not done yet. First the perfect businessman advances upon you. Extends that the toned forearm to trap you close to him. Then in an open admission of love, states that you are in fact the biggest deal of his life. He loves to tease and flirt and play, but fundamental to all this is his feeling for you. How much he loves you. And how much you mean to him.

She still wants a sorry for him. Didn't she cut his call too? How about a sorry from her? Anyway he decides to say sorry. With disarming honesty and sincerity. And I forget that I didn't want him to say sorry. He wants to apologize to the girl whose happiness makes him happy, then I will go right along with him. Who am I to question why, his love I will always stand by. 

Edited by aarwen - 9 years ago
aarwen thumbnail

Originally posted by: indi52

episode 340

practically nothing felt right about the episode. apart from maybe asr's first "shut up" to khushi. yayy I said that too. first shut up was good.

a lot of things happened. these days episodes are really packed with stuff but everything feels a little forced. even the cute exchanges between asr and khushi. today i think i laughed only when manorama came charging up with coconuts to fix her fave nephew's mood.

that playing and making silly jokes at wedding time feels so familiar, even if slightly nauseating but well, our weddings aren't quite complete without it. as a kid I adored wedding just as pre 300 ASR hated them and now role reversal hui gava hello hi bye bye.

the rap between utkarsha naik and barun sobti is pretty neat too. he has that slightly shocked air around his gold infested relative and she is only indulgent and loving toward her super successful neph. and though of course you can't convince asr that he has to break a coconut on khushi's head for something or the other, their vibe was so funny, i did giggle. you just like anything mamiji does.. hai na bolo bolo? lol.. but yes his slightly dazed confused expression around him is hilarious. As if he is prepared for any wacky thing she might end up doing any minute.

"bachelorwa hello hi aur marriagewa bye bye!" and soon after that "rich one" for ritual and that irritated incredulous "rich one?!!" from asr. rather nice.

"ye sab kya ho raha hai..." what's all this. his voice gets me as he addresses everyone, "maine kab kaha ki main shadi tod raha hoon..." when did i say i am calling off the wedding. he sounded great and looked fabulous, but the whole thing was too cutesy and why the clear shot of a man with a bald patch from the back? couldn't the director tell that was not asr? what I missed that. And how come ASR got almost 90% convinced that he needed to hit Khushi with a cocunut. La and ASR have gotten mixed up.

alas, everything else was to use a high falutin' word... meh.

even asr looking gorgeous at the poolside staring at his bride to be. of course the evil sorcerer had move the pool again. ooh sadly I didn't like how he looked here. Actually a bit like how he looked when Khushi was teaching La how to wear the saree, but then it made sense and she reacted to the gaze. Here she remained unaffected and he besotted.

right at the end, that pushing of kkg against the door... that "of course!" yeah she is the biggest deal of his life... i felt a riff of excitement. here is a man, a hot blooded, adult clever funny man with a violent temper and a terrible need to be loved. a man who loves magnificently and without caution. who is already married to this woman... his wife, whom he wants home. in his life, in his bed, by his side every night. very nicely put..this whole thing.. an adult exciting air here.

and all around this goofy, bubble gummy natak. what's going on? he said sorry, i knew he would. again it seemed to come right out and hit me. galat. this was not sahi.

but that push against the door. yes, that was asr. i am glad camera and director wanted him to be just him for a bit.

damn the trp.

i said nothing about khushi because one episode at a time they took khushi away from herself. today, i didn't almost recognise her. a slightly hard and brassy so called khushiness. except for that one place at the end where she charged him with her return volley... she too was upset, how could he do that to her. for a few seconds a normal woman... khushi. even her temper at the end didn't do too much for me.

Aahh hard and brassy were the words that I was trying to find in my head. perfect Indi di..

The top edit and the gif below hai re nk.. heart skids.. sugary smiles and longing sighs are okay once in a while.. but they shouldn't take away this edge and sense of thrilling romance from Arnav Singh Raizada. It made watching him on screen so much fun..

Enjoyed the take a lot and spoke a lot .. have missed reading and writing..
aarwen thumbnail

Originally posted by: indi52

episode 102

chamko detergent powder. everything in this episode seemed to be shining.  also shining.. actually make that dazzling are your edits indi52

from mami ji's gaudy big gold to the cleaning and polishing of the house for diwali with its pink and green duster heads to op's slightly familiar but endearing, "arre hum toh sach mein phargettiya gaye... oo aapke tups uthane ke hai na,"... oh i really  forgot, i have to get your tops, right.. there was a bright and sparkly thing feeling. the "tups" had me laughing uncontrollably. haha really he said that? i should watch again... but rewatch might not help because I will continue concentrating on man and woman who look spectacular in these episodes.

but what shone most lay deep in the hearts and thoughts of two people caught in a mesh of feelings. tenderness, awkwardness, wonder, concern, care, feelings that make stars shine more, and silver coins appear magically. awww

for the first time the shining one, chamkili, spoke of her notion of love. as you'd expect, she used to wear her mother's chunari on her head and dream of being married... her day dream contained stars and happiness.

when i fall in love, she said, i thought the stars would shine brighter in the sky. and all around only he will be visible, aur jab woh saamne aayenge toh phool barasne lagenge, and when he'd appear before me, flowers would fall all around... aanchal mein sitare chamakne lagenge... in my anchal would glitter stars... par iss waqt iss waqt hume aisa kuch bhi mehsoos nahin ho raha hai... but right now i don't feel any of those things.

payal teased her where would she find such a bewakoof, a fool, who would fulfill her foolish dreams.  how real earthy and sweet jiji was with that extra sparkle in her because she was falling for these feelings too.

"bata, hai koi aisa nazar mein..." say, do you have someone in mind? hey hey heyheyhey went the music and her eyes went sad and a yearning seemed to appear... perhaps she had found him?

she lay in bed and remembered a man who had been willing to kill someone who had dared to touch her. a man who had put his hand on her head.

tender, shiny moments.

into that a slow dissolve, the man she dreams of lies looking up at the ceiling. a series of intoxicating top shots show arnav singh razada lying awake, thinking of a girl who had hugged him tight, who had turned back and looked at him in the hospital... he is getting immersed in her... he closes his eyes.

I love this edit. can I steal it and tweet it to the world please?

both in each others thoughts and now not with anger and friction, just there... in each other. that gradual shift to a sort of calm acceptance that the heart will e tender around the other.. uff beautiful..

nainital was all along a mcguffin i think, a red herring hitchcock style. while we are all chasing that destination, the trip has taken them somewhere else entirely. the real destination... connection with each other... somewhere right next to the tenderest, sweetest place within.

morning brings a lighter note, signaled by mami's seeta geeta hunt. a line up of miss gurgaon and miss noida is rejeceted by akash. then he blurts out before di, he wants no miss this that, no miss at all in fact. he wants someone who is "uchhi bhi na ho.. bas... bas ho... jaise ki payal ji.. "  bas ho? such an inspired thought.

dialogues had a glimmer in them today, di laughed and said, "akas bitwa, aap toh chha gaye!" now this di i like

khushi walked in and saw rm was undergoing diwali cleaning and there sat a worker skiving. what?!

"aap jaantey bhi hain ki jiske ghar mein aap kaam kar rahe woh hai kaun!" do you know whose house you're working in? okay kkg was going to introduce asr to asr.

"pehle" he will do what the what the and then "yun!" will he throw you out of your job... she warned the lazy man. did his eyes begin to smile at that? since his face was covered with her handkerchief, one had to study the eyes... only for the sake of posterity of course.

i had to start laughing when he pulled down the kerchief...
and don't miss the girls air of ownership. She is telling workers to work scaring them with laad governor's threats

that heen haaeen haaeeen music careened off, funny and shrieky and a lovely contrast to teh many hued rabba vey. there love story had many facets and all teh colours of love, humour included. in fact, without that it would not really be asr khushi and that wink wink sexy.

his eyes were gentler somehow today. she had suffered a lot. he clearly wanted to see her feeling more happy, or as my husband would say, chipper.  ya since that hospital hug, seeing her break down has somehow taken away all defense. All he wants is to give her anything and keep that shiny twinkle in her eyes agleam

shew as totally distracted around him... "khushi.. tumhare babu ji kaise hain?" how is your father/ he is gentle gentle gentle... killing. can't stop looking at her. she almost passe out but managed to answer.

she broke a vase, he came over, saw, but didn't flip his lid... she watched worried, frightened and a bit loopy. di said who broke his favourite vase. he said, i did. she gawked. di in her sprightly mood quipped, because you didn't like it, you broke it! man of teh manor called out to om prakash to clean the mess and walked away. girl kept gawking.

then came the sweetest, most caring gesture and a gleaming hint of asr love more shiny than two silver coins.

khushi asked for twenty packets of a detergent powder when di said op was going dhanteras shopping for them, and she could ask him to get what she wanted.

a bit starnge i thought that op will pick up all that gold "gellery" for mami and clan, anyway, since khushi couldn't buy expensive stuff she decided to try her luck with the chamko offer, and see if she could win a silver coin. if not, she told di in her upbeat way, there'd be washing powder for a year in stock. now see this joke isn't forced or silly at all right? it just felt her. if only the creators understood that and didn't make us endure current Khushi from the 300s.

asr heard her and did what he had to do. to watch her smile and laugh and jump and be happy, it filled him with such joy... he hid behind potted plants and watched the sanka devi leaps and hi fives...

his eyes shone, as did her smile. what really glittered today was not silver or gold... it was love.

and neither of them even knew that it was there.

one of the most unforgettable scenes, asr sitting with chamko detergent and putting silver coins into a packet making sure no one sees him. such a compelling need to see her feeling a little less worried, down.

there was a sweetness in the diabetic's look and act that would give all the jalebis of the world a run for their syrup and crunch. perhaps the first episode on this light delicate tender note.

two lovely dialogues on chamko:

mami, "ka jaani kaun dhulega is phati saree ke haathon..." who knows who'll get washed (beaten up) in the hands of phati saree.

khushi, "nahin anjali ji, agar hamare kismat mein yahi packet likha hai toh yahi sahi..." no anjali ji, if in my fate this packet is written, then let it be this.

she would take whatever life gave her and make do with it, without moping, is the sense i got... there was always that can do glint to her character. and today she was lovely right through, brilliant portrayal by sanaya. endearing positive and happy.. If I were a guy I would fall for her..is that a safe thing to admit?

"ek nahin... do do mile..." not one, she's got two silver coins. a man watching looked like he'd just come upon a gold mine.

passing thought

How hard the man fell... and no clue he has. Totally sexy to watch a grown man do such a sweet, mad thing for a girl whom he can't bear to see unhappy. she never found out about this, he never found out about her gold bangles, somehow it didn't seem to matter. what mattered was they'd do this for the other.

I had sooo much fun reading this... am feeling happy just reading your lovely take without even having seen this episode in ages.

beautiful edits.. am planning to steal one by the way.

you know what I noticed? When the content is good we talk more about what's happening on screen.. focusing on the details that naturally flow.. less analyzing, more getting swept off our feet in love and the joy of watching.. your writing turns even more splendid in such episodes.

2 things I wanted to talk about.. 

first.. trust ASR to go slightly overboard... not one but 2 silver coins he got her.. just like the 1 lakh ka bag or the truck full of pattals.. and then cutely threatening her so that she doesn't not return them..lol..

And Khushi herself was cheerful and upbeat.. I mean her babuji is paralysed, they don't have much money to even celebrate dhanteras.. but none of this brings her spirits down. Of course part of this is her optimism, and like you mention, making do with what she has. But more importantly I thinks its that soaring of heart that falling in love ushers in. 

loved it Indi di. thank you.
Horizon thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail
Rhea, aptly frustration filled take.. but this episode walks the hall of fame along with those of classier times for that "sub se badi deal" .. mamiji is the only one seemingly funny yet thinks/ talks sense.. like doubting very early on if Shyam is playing duplicity or here breaking coconut on madameji's head to get her into senses.. truly..
enjoyed your rhyming, gave me firm reminders to catch up on your ff too.. had the mental note always...
delightful edits/ collages..
indi52 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6
hi rhea,

thanks for reading 340, 102... and please do take whichever edit you like... tweet it to whoever, hum thrilled you like.

yeah, when the episode is good, the writing flows, it catches the joy of the episode and has fun getting closer, i wonder of the episode starts taking backward steps at that.

well said about khushi possibly being so upbeat also because of the first sensations of falling in love in her, gives you a natural happy high, no matter what's going crazy. of course if you have a bright optimistic outlook to begin with, it all feels more light lilting almost ennobling,

asr would go overboard... yes, good catch. that is also him. not mealymouthed in anyway, certainly not when giving something... gussa, pyaar or things. even to la, he is always generous plus.

i am distraught at the state of my mind when i watch now... i know i'll find many things hard and still i watch, hoping some new good thing i'll spot. i rarely do. which is why am sitting on 341 these past few days, edits ready. what do i say... even that my love needs no proof at the end... sounds forced, like they needed a hero type line, a la some badly made masala movie.

but there was something i enjoyed, so shall stick to that.

sorry, plenty spelling errors in the takes.

so happy you enjoy reading my stuff... and 102 made you feel uff even without watching.

yes, you are right, i do like most things mami does. i think mami is a survivor and sassy and i love weirdness. i am pretty mamilike vis a vis the bizarreness factor. and i have been through my periods of lauing the shiny stuff. i notice indu too agres that mami was always canny.

in 340... that adult air of the man and as if unable to resist it, the return adultness in the girl... it stuck in my heart. and this they achieve not because of the writing or the directing, i think both actors, who have really worked in creating the characters, can see the meltdown in story...in character, and they are trying to interpret what's given to them in a way so that something asr khushi remains and gets strengthened... this progression of a physical zing between the two... from the knee jerk physical reaction and the wonder of the early days to a more mature sensual hum between two grown ups who desire and crave each other, who assert love through it even... is beautiful.

will read your 340 now... thanks for not giving up.

oh and if it's strange to think i would fall for kkg if i were aman, i have been guilty of that eisoed after episoed again and again.. in fact, it was the harsh mesing up of her character during what we call ott, that brought meto the forum. in desperation, hating the thought of one of the most lovely characters i have ever seen, just collapsing. i couldn't save her. but i found another world ad all of you.

Edited by indi52 - 9 years ago
aarwen thumbnail
"oh and if it's strange to think i would fall for kkg if i were aman"

haha for a minute I tried figuring out why aman was falling for khushi bhabhi.. lol.. am too tired to make sense.. ASR would have killed him.. imagine nk jealousy syndrome only worse..
aarwen thumbnail

Originally posted by: Horizon

Rhea, aptly frustration filled take.. but this episode walks the hall of fame along with those of classier times for that "sub se badi deal" .. mamiji is the only one seemingly funny yet thinks/ talks sense.. like doubting very early on if Shyam is playing duplicity or here breaking coconut on madameji's head to get her into senses.. truly..
enjoyed your rhyming, gave me firm reminders to catch up on your ff too.. had the mental note always...
delightful edits/ collages..

yes mami was astute in her observations..even teri meri she remarked something like ek gupta issister ke sath ek free or something..

thank you for reading my take.. you are so sensible focusing on the nice things.. dear khushi like.. 

FF is waiting for you hamesha.. no hurry.. its completed now.. and I need to find time to write an epilogue for it.. don't feel like wrapping it up..