Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 9 years ago
indi52 thumbnail

Originally posted by: aarwen

Episode 339

"Aisa mat kahiye Arnavji"..

The actual fight starts as you say this.. You flung me across in thundering anger.. I tried to explain.. My actions might not make sense, but my motives were pure.. "Sirf di ke liye"..

"How dare you.. Khushi aur koi ye karta toh main seh leta lekin tum? You know I hate that man.."

I am furious and betrayed. I mean it.. How could you? You.. Of all the people the one I have bared my soul to.. I hate him.. And you brought him back.. Di is not safe with him close.. She is not truly recovered if she still depends on him.. Can you not see what a terrible decision this was? I can intimidate and threaten, fight with dadi even refuse di.. But you? What can I say to you when you went ahead and called him without even talking to me..

I wanted to.. "Par aapka phone".. I know its no excuse, but I was desperate and this seemed the best solution.. I.. I thought you would see reason.. After all this is for your di..

That's right.. "Wo meri di .. Main unke liye faisla le sakta hun.." .. You don't realize what a grave mistake this is.. 

"Jab tuk wo uske aas paas rahega di thik nahi ho sakti hai.."

"Humara yakeen kijiye"..  Everything I have done these few days has been for di.. 

"di ke liye kya achcha hai kya bura hai wo main janta hun".. I get to decide.. I have been doing this for years.. Protecting di from any harm.. Standing by her side.. You don't know the hell we have been through.. I have to be the one taking care of her.. And with Shyam around there is no way she can get any better..

"Di thik hogi".. I have to cut your words.. Because I am so absolutely sure I have done the right thing.. You get blinded by anger, I.. I made the tough decision.. I don't like Shyamji.. How can I.. After everything.. But I can't see di in this state and everyone worried for her.. And dadi.. She thinks Shyamji's presence will be good for di.. I went ahead and did what I felt was right.  Everyone thought  of the worst.. We panicked.. "Gharwale pata nahi kya kya soch rahe the"..

"toh tum use ghar uthake le aayi".. Yes I can question you.. Feel outraged.. snarl at you.. This man betrayed my sister, tried to kill you, dared to lay an eye on you, kidnapped me.. You brought him back? And you really think you did no wrong? You brought him into my house.. After I declared quite decisively that no one should even think of him.. 

I can feel my heart break.. "aise mat kahiye Arnavji".. Your house? And me? Where is my home? Isn't it with you.. Are you so angry that I am no longer a part of you.. I am trying hard to explain.. Isn't this my house too.. She my di too? Can't I take a decision for her happiness.. You didn't see her..  Di was not eating.. She was in a very bad state..

"Enough Khushi".. I am so disgusted that I can't even meet your eye.. Enough I said.. I raise my hand to stop you from talking.. Do you even see the pain apparent in my eyes.. How lonely I am suddenly am.. Do I not deserve your empathy.. 

Is this the shattering of my heart that wails in my ears.. Why is a sad piano note rising somewhere within.. I know you will say hateful words.. I wait and listen..

"I always knew it.. Kabhi kisi ko apne itne kareeb nai aane dena chahiye kyunki phir wahi log tumhe chot pahuchate hai.."  .. You know what I feel the most? Lonely.. Deserted in this harsh world.. Why did I expect you to stand by me in my battles.. How did I forget one is always alone.. How did I leave my self vulnerable.. And because of this made my di open to another heartbreak.. You were one I felt the most safe with.. And you did this to me..

"Arnavji aisa mat kahiye,," .. dont say that..please.. I am walking towards you now.. All the time you took a step forward.. Come closer now.. Please.. Oh but you stand where you are.. An inpenetratble.. wall between us.. I was only trying to help.. Maybe deluded.. Maybe simplistic.. But my intentions were nothing but pure.. How can you misjudge me.. And what hurts more is how can you insinuate that I would hurt you.. Don't push me away.. Trust me..

"Galti meri thi"..  I don't want to hear another of your excuse.. It is my fault.. How did I break my own rules.. How did I let someone close.. Not only I but di will be harmed.. "mera bharosa toda hai"..I can't quite believe that of all the people I will have to duel with you on a swine like Shyam.. Do you really not see that I have to be strict for the sake of di?

I broke my bounds? Haddh.. I thought I did not have to mind myself around you.. How can you say such a thing? What boundaries did I break.. Isn't your di mine? Can I not decide for her? Am I but a stranger.. I was under the delusion she is my di too.. Please say its not true.. Say that I don't need to treat you and di separate from me.. I need to hear together we will always be..

No.. I cannot let you get near.. for fear I will give way.. I can't bear to see you cry.. but this time it is for di.. while you did not even think of me..

"humne.. Humne aapka bharosa toda hai? Aapko di ki haalat nahi dikhi".. I will be passive aggressive because you have completely misjudged.. now I feel wronged.. Instead of realising this is all for the best you are making me guilty.. Did you not see for yourself the color return in her cheeks. Di's eyes actually sparkled seeing Shyamji, Don't I deserve a little credit for having made sure di ate again? She was walking again.. Dadiji, naniji all feared we would lose her.."Hum di ko kho dete"

"Just leave".. How dare you.. Even utter such words.. Di.. No more?.. I don't want to hear another words from you.. Instead of regretting or understanding the wrong you did you actually want to justify it? And with such an example.. Di.. Nothing.. Nothing can happen to di..

I .. I am lost.. Why are you so angry? Let me comfort you.. Who do you filch at my touch..

No I can't bare your touch..  And I will disregard your tears.. They hurt me, but I can't break now.. I can't be vulnerable.. You.. You don't understand me.. With your beseeching miserable eyes if you look at me I might give in..

"I said go"..

I am crying.. I am trying.. And all you can do is avert your eyes and shout at me..

I took a bit of writers liberty and added things not really said.. I don't think there is any justifiable reason for Khushi's action, but while watching this fight, I also think, in her mind she was convinced she was doing the right thing..

Why is love this hurtful at times.. 

rage hot and blind lashing out in ways not really meant.. 

also a tendency in women to appear self sacrificial and almost holy.. Khushi did not even bother to tell ASR before bringing Shyam and she can't even see that as her mistake.. all she can think is how he isn't understanding her intent..

Why does the heart hurt so much.. Why can't they bear even the slightest distance from each other.. How did they reach this place where they are arguing and fighting when all they want is to feel safe in each others arms.. 

They are each others home.. after long they have found someone to whom they belong.. and yet..

Kyu dard hai itna tere ishq mein..

nice style and delve, rhea... you filled in feelings... i wish i could feel khushi's real emotions though. i sadly did not feel anything for khushi in this... there's such awfully bad writing in the way she is used to bring villain back. and that self righteous air, just put me off. this just doesn't seem to be her... actually for a while now i don't get her. so i try and avoid. sometimes i do think sanaya may have gone a bit deeper, to nuance khushi, to make us feel her even though what she was actually doing was weird. asr has often done the stuff one my say is not ideal, yet my connection to asr has not been snapped. but with khushi, i feel less and less in tune.

i only felt asr... and filled in his feelings.

Edited by indi52 - 9 years ago
Crazy4IPK thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
[ by Happy2Save" style="border: none !important; display: inline-block !important; text-indent: 0px !important; float: none !important; font-weight: bold !important; height: auto !important; margin: 0px !important; min-height: 0px !important; min-width: 0px !important; padding: 0px !important; text-transform: uppercase !important; text-decoration: underline !important; vertical-align: baseline !important; width: auto !important; background: transparent !important;">QUOTE=aarwen]Episode 339

"Aisa mat kahiye Arnavji"..

The actual fight starts as you say this.. You flung me across in thundering anger.. I tried to explain.. My actions might not make sense, but my motives were pure.. "Sirf di ke liye"..

"How dare you.. Khushi aur koi ye karta toh main seh leta lekin tum? You know I hate that man.."

I am furious and betrayed. I mean it.. How could you? You.. Of all the people the one I have bared my soul to.. I hate him.. And you brought him by Happy2Save" in_hover="" in_hdr="1" style="border: none !important; display: inline-block !important; text-indent: 0px !important; float: none !important; font-weight: bold !important; height: auto !important; margin: 0px !important; min-height: 0px !important; min-width: 0px !important; padding: 0px !important; text-transform: uppercase !important; text-decoration: underline !important; vertical-align: baseline !important; width: auto !important; background: transparent !important;">back.. Di is not safe with him close.. She is not truly recovered if she still depends on him.. Can you not see what a terrible decision this was? I can intimidate and threaten, fight with dadi even refuse di.. But you? What can I say to you when you went ahead and called him without even talking to me..

I wanted to.. "Par aapka phone".. I know its no excuse, but I was desperate and this seemed the best solution.. I.. I thought you would see reason.. After all this is for by Happy2Save" style="border: none !important; border-image-source: initial !important; border-image-slice: initial !important; border-image-width: initial !important; border-image-outset: initial !important; border-image-repeat: initial !important; display: inline-block !important; text-indent: 0px !important; float: none !important; height: auto !important; margin: 0px !important; min-height: 0px !important; min-width: 0px !important; padding: 0px !important; text-transform: uppercase !important; text-decoration: underline !important; vertical-align: baseline !important; width: auto !important; background-image: initial !important; background-attachment: initial !important; background-color: transparent !important; background-size: initial !important; background-origin: initial !important; background-clip: initial !important; background-position: initial !important; background-repeat: initial !important;">your di..

That's right.. "Wo meri di .. Main unke liye faisla le sakta hun.." .. You don't realize what a grave mistake this is.. 

"Jab tuk wo uske aas paas rahega di thik nahi ho sakti hai.."

"Humara yakeen kijiye"..  Everything I have done these few days has been for di.. 

"di ke liye kya achcha hai kya bura hai wo main janta hun".. I get to decide.. I have been doing this for years.. Protecting di from any harm.. Standing by her side.. You don't know the hell we have been through.. I have to be the one taking care of her.. And with Shyam around there is no way she can get any better..

"Di thik hogi".. I have to cut by Happy2Save" style="border: none !important; display: inline-block !important; text-indent: 0px !important; float: none !important; font-weight: bold !important; height: auto !important; margin: 0px !important; min-height: 0px !important; min-width: 0px !important; padding: 0px !important; text-transform: uppercase !important; text-decoration: underline !important; vertical-align: baseline !important; width: auto !important; background: transparent !important;">your words.. Because I am so absolutely sure I have done the right thing.. You get blinded by anger, I.. I made the tough decision.. I don't like Shyamji.. How can I.. After everything.. But I can't see di in this state and everyone worried for her.. And dadi.. She thinks Shyamji's presence will be good for di.. I went ahead and did what I felt was right.  Everyone thought  of the worst.. We panicked.. "Gharwale pata nahi kya kya soch rahe the"..

"toh tum use ghar uthake le aayi".. Yes I can question you.. Feel outraged.. snarl at you.. This man betrayed my sister, tried to kill you, dared to lay an eye on you, kidnapped me.. You brought him back? And you really think you did no wrong? You brought him into my by Happy2Save" in_hover="" in_hdr="1" style="border: none !important; display: inline-block !important; text-indent: 0px !important; float: none !important; font-weight: bold !important; height: auto !important; margin: 0px !important; min-height: 0px !important; min-width: 0px !important; padding: 0px !important; text-transform: uppercase !important; text-decoration: underline !important; vertical-align: baseline !important; width: auto !important; background: transparent !important;">house.. After I declared quite decisively that no one should even think of him.. 

I can feel my heart break.. "aise mat kahiye Arnavji".. Your house? And me? Where is my home? Isn't it with you.. Are you so angry that I am no longer a part of you.. I am trying hard to explain.. Isn't this my house too.. She my di too? Can't I take a decision for her happiness.. You didn't see her..  Di was not eating.. She was in a very bad state..

"Enough Khushi".. I am so disgusted that I can't even meet your eye.. Enough I said.. I raise my hand to stop you from talking.. Do you even see the pain apparent in my eyes.. How lonely I am suddenly am.. Do I not deserve your empathy.. 

Is this the shattering of my heart that wails in my ears.. Why is a sad piano note rising somewhere within.. I know you will say hateful words.. I wait and by Happy2Save" style="border: none !important; border-image-source: initial !important; border-image-slice: initial !important; border-image-width: initial !important; border-image-outset: initial !important; border-image-repeat: initial !important; display: inline-block !important; text-indent: 0px !important; float: none !important; height: auto !important; margin: 0px !important; min-height: 0px !important; min-width: 0px !important; padding: 0px !important; text-transform: uppercase !important; text-decoration: underline !important; vertical-align: baseline !important; width: auto !important; background-image: initial !important; background-attachment: initial !important; background-color: transparent !important; background-size: initial !important; background-origin: initial !important; background-clip: initial !important; background-position: initial !important; background-repeat: initial !important;">listen..

"I always knew it.. Kabhi kisi ko apne itne kareeb nai aane dena chahiye kyunki phir wahi by Happy2Save" in_hover="" in_hdr="1" style="border: none !important; display: inline-block !important; text-indent: 0px !important; float: none !important; height: auto !important; margin: 0px !important; min-height: 0px !important; min-width: 0px !important; padding: 0px !important; text-transform: uppercase !important; text-decoration: underline !important; vertical-align: baseline !important; width: auto !important; background: transparent !important;">log tumhe chot pahuchate hai.."  .. You know what I feel the most? Lonely.. Deserted in this harsh world.. Why did I expect you to stand by me in my battles.. How did I forget one is always alone.. How did I leave my self vulnerable.. And because of this made my di by Happy2Save" in_hover="" in_hdr="1" style="color: rgb(51, 102, 0); border: none !important; border-image-source: initial !important; border-image-slice: initial !important; border-image-width: initial !important; border-image-outset: initial !important; border-image-repeat: initial !important; display: inline-block !important; text-indent: 0px !important; float: none !important; font-weight: bold !important; height: auto !important; margin: 0px !important; min-height: 0px !important; min-width: 0px !important; padding: 0px !important; text-transform: uppercase !important; text-decoration: underline !important; vertical-align: baseline !important; width: auto !important; background-image: initial !important; background-attachment: initial !important; background-color: transparent !important; background-size: initial !important; background-origin: initial !important; background-clip: initial !important; background-position: initial !important; background-repeat: initial !important;">open to another heartbreak.. You were one I felt the most safe with.. And you did this to me..

"Arnavji aisa mat kahiye,," .. dont say that..please.. I am walking towards you now.. All the time you took a step forward.. Come closer now.. Please.. Oh but you stand where you are.. An inpenetratble.. wall between us.. I was only trying to help.. Maybe deluded.. Maybe simplistic.. But my intentions were nothing but pure.. How can you misjudge me.. And what hurts more is how can you insinuate that I would hurt you.. Don't push me away.. Trust me..

"Galti meri thi"..  I don't want to hear another of your excuse.. It is my fault.. How did I break my own rules.. How did I let someone close.. Not only I but di will be harmed.. "mera bharosa toda hai"..I can't quite believe that of all the people I will have to duel with you on a swine like Shyam.. Do you really not see that I have to be strict for the sake of di?

I broke my bounds? Haddh.. I thought I did not have to mind myself around you.. How can you say such a thing? What boundaries did I break.. Isn't your di mine? Can I not decide for her? Am I but a stranger.. I was under the delusion she is my di too.. Please say its not true.. Say that I don't need to treat you and di separate from me.. I need to hear together we will always be..

No.. I cannot let you get near.. for fear I will give way.. I can't bear to see you cry.. but this time it is for di.. while you did not even think of me..

"humne.. Humne aapka bharosa toda hai? Aapko di ki haalat nahi dikhi".. I will be passive aggressive because you have completely misjudged.. now I feel wronged.. Instead of realising this is all for the best you are making me guilty.. Did you not see for yourself the color return in her cheeks. Di's eyes actually sparkled seeing Shyamji, Don't I deserve a little credit for having made sure di ate again? She was walking again.. Dadiji, naniji all feared we would lose her.."Hum di ko kho dete"

"Just leave".. How dare you.. Even utter such words.. Di.. No more?.. I don't want to hear another words from you.. Instead of regretting or understanding the wrong you did you actually want to justify it? And with such an example.. Di.. Nothing.. Nothing can happen to di..

I .. I am lost.. Why are you so angry? Let me comfort you.. Who do you filch at my touch..

No I can't bare your touch..  And I will disregard your tears.. They hurt me, but I can't break now.. I can't be vulnerable.. You.. You don't understand me.. With your beseeching miserable eyes if you look at me I might give in..

"I said go"..

I am crying.. I am trying.. And all you can do is avert your eyes and shout at me..

I took a bit of writers liberty and added things not really said.. I don't think there is any justifiable reason for Khushi's action, but while watching this fight, I also think, in her mind she was convinced she was doing the right thing..

Why is love this hurtful at times.. 

rage hot and blind lashing out in ways not really meant.. 

also a tendency in women to appear self sacrificial and almost holy.. Khushi did not even bother to tell ASR before bringing Shyam and she can't even see that as her mistake.. all she can think is how he isn't understanding her intent..

Why does the heart hurt so much.. Why can't they bear even the slightest distance from each other.. How did they reach this place where they are arguing and fighting when all they want is to feel safe in each others arms.. 

They are each others home.. after long they have found someone to whom they belong.. and yet..

Kyu dard hai itna tere ishq mein..
[/ by Happy2Save" in_hover="" in_hdr="1" style="border: none !important; display: inline-block !important; text-indent: 0px !important; float: none !important; font-weight: bold !important; height: auto !important; margin: 0px !important; min-height: 0px !important; min-width: 0px !important; padding: 0px !important; text-transform: uppercase !important; text-decoration: underline !important; vertical-align: baseline !important; width: auto !important; background: transparent !important;">QUOTE]

loved to read the episode from your POV. 
While reading I was thinking what's going on; this was not the actual convo. But realised later that you wanted to say the unspoken words.
I was mad at Khushi for bringing Shyam against ASR's will. But the extreme harsh words what ASR uttered also was not acceptable. 
ASR should be indignant, but he just can't deny Khushi's importance and existence in his life  for her mistake. She didn't murder his di or anybody, but tried to save her life. Perhaps that's he was ir compunction and said sorry to her.
ASR's ego sometimes didn't let him think sanely. He and Khushi both saw Shyam's nefarious action, but Anjali still was delusional. And that moment when she was in terrible turmoil, when her mind was extremely distraught , in that case they should think beyond anything. I'm not trying to justify Khushi's deed, but Arnav also had hurt her too much. sach mein, too much dard in theIr ishq.
Loved all the lines what I markd red.
aarwen thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: indi52

episode 339

was there ever such gussa
or such exploding red angry love.

in a whole edifice collapsing, like that guest house of 27... something stood rock steady and unshakable this episode. the character of asr.

that anger of his. a part of him inalienable. so thickly entrenched, so true, it almost starts looking beautiful; and when it erupted without restraint, violent and expressed, i felt a rush, a breathing out in relief.

yes yes yes i know this anger and it is authentic, without compromise and sugar coating.

what's more, this time, in this situation, it is justified and really this would be the way arnav singh raizada would react to feeling utterly betrayed by someone he loves. yes betrayed for sure.. I used that word too. that is what he must have felt.

for that is how he felt when he heard his beloved had brought the wrong one, the galat one, back. incalculable hurt there. anyone else doing this might have been bearable, but "
khushi, koi aur agar yeh karta toh main sah leta... lekin... tum?!"

sah leta. touching.

had it been anyone else, i'd have borne it, but... you?!

the moment the others had left the room, he turned and cut her mid sentence, grabbing her wrist and dragging her up the steps, rough, furious, not thinking, just feeling... raging. how good was this scene and then flinging her across once they reach the room.

how many times i have seen him do this, sometimes his action has seemed extreme till i've looked into his eyes. always there a pain, almost remorse, oh that day in the office when he'd raged, "nahin hai dil asr ke seene mein," and then ached stoically watching her tears... over time that look has changed and become clearly identifiable as love. she is part of him, he can't be without her... which is why everything hurts so much, much more than with anyone else. even di can't hurt him the way khushi can.

i wonder about this young man who is wrapped in his cloak of anger, out to destroy his demons and dare life... and prevail. his nearest and most loved let him down terribly once. maybe that's why he has hardened his heart, sworn, never again. he was not going to let anyone close. no maybe about it... it is so.

which is why, "
i always knew it... kabhi kissi ko itni kareeb nahin aane deni chahiye... kyunki phir wahi log... wahi log tumhe chot pahunchate hain..."

i always knew it... don't ever let anyone come so close... then those very people... will turn around and deliver you hurt. (a bit of literal translation tehre... for that delivering of hurt, the suggestion ofdeliberate action in feels important in the context.)

he has been to this feeling before. at fourteen. and he cannot bear the strike again. the pain ricochets it seems to me between now and that day, the anger going further and further out of control. his only defence... this flare up.

that word "chot", why can i almost feel it hit my heart when asr says it. i sense him struggling with that chot of his. the day he had brought her back from the temple after marrying her without any explanation, dragging her just the way he did today, even then he had spoken of his "chot" and refused to say what it was.

barun sobti had once mentioned that it was asr's sensitivity that was key. it is. an extremely sensitive tender heart in that strident, arms akimbo, feet firmly planted fearless man.

funny how, the girl who would love him completely would not understand that. at one level, that is fine i guess because life is often that way. what was not fine was the manner in which khushi brought shyam back. and even more not right was the self righteous air she donned about it... she said she was right and what's more she actually thought his sister might not have lived if she hadn't done as she had. saviour, huh.

that was perhaps the most insensitive thing i'd heard in a long time. he reacted instantly, surging toward her, i thought he might hit her. maybe she thought that too... it was a beautifully crafted moment. the directors and actors all keenly focussed on the interplay of emotions there. deserves a gif. it plays in my mind in a loop.

an air of unfair hung about the whole scene. he'd hurt her immeasurably once saying she was the reason shyam had strayed... but he had understood soon enough that he should never have said that and rushed back to make amends. he'd tried for days to make up, set things right. but here, it's as though khushi has suddenly lost all empathy. plus she is adorned in self importance. is this really khushi?

but that there is asr. no doubt about it. angry, outright, straightforward, impetuous and emotional. it was a joy to watch him. and he was not exactly sweet and politically correct as he raved. he was human.

that marvellous possessiveness over his sister, "woh meri di hai... main unke liye faisla le sakta hoon." she's my elder sister, i can decide for her.
what's good or bad for di, i know well... he does actually.

there was also that beautiful asr khushi signature forward backward walk over anger...

a quiet magnificence in his resigned and slowly getting back into shell delivery, "galati meri hai... ki maine tumhe apne itne kareeb aane diya... issliye tumne aaj apni had paar ki...mera bharosa toda hai..." it's my fault, that i let you come so close to me, which is why you crossed your limit today and broke my trust.

had she understood him even for a moment. but no.

she said di might have died. extremely bad taste apart, this was such nonsense.

just leave. khushi, chali jaao yahan se. i said.. go!

he just wanted her to go, maybe because he couldn't trust himself in that state. he is perhaps also the kind who needs his solitude to get back to even keel. loneliness, his most trusted companion.

if i mention again and again about barun sobti's acting, this is the reason... classic communication in his portrayal really. he paints deftly a few strokes of character, and invites you in, to feel the rest, fill in the gaps. an open, generous mien to the acting. it always lets you in... even when he yells go, just leave!

he may be angry with her, but he will love her and he will protect her and even if she has allowed shyam in, he will not allow shyam anywhere near her, not even in his thoughts.

"khabardar agar usska naam bhi apne zubaan par laaye toh!" don't you dare even bring her name to your lips, he said through clenched teeth, a different kind of fury igniting the air when shyam tried his wheedling. fury grips him unreined at the very thought of shyam anywhere near khushi. this protective/possessive thing is just plain exciting and feels extremely asr. can I stand on a  chair and cheer or something?

after all that anger is out and he is a bit settled, that beautiful missing at night. a grown man with a love that is melded in him, a need for his woman, a need for her no matter what... nothing to justify, nothing to show others, his conversations are all with himself. a delving at what transpired, what he said in the heat of the moment. his own words hurt him. he always needs her. does she even understand that? or is a "good girl" not supposed to?

a sad rabba ve rises... khushi's expression is almost petulant.

stunning clear pics

restlessness in the morning... a laptop snapped shut. jaws gritted. you pace you ache.

she makes jalebi... is it a bit too pat, i wonder. a trifle hackneyed? there is as if no development in her character and what was charming and real once is now just an easy way out. lazy writing.

he has been harsh and he feels its reflected pain.

you turn swiftly before you can change your mind... and pick up the phone. i think of the many times this simple instrument has been your way of reaching her, connecting... with gussa, with pyaar.

she's listless, she sees your name, she is happy instantly... but then... oh that age old lovers' game. she won't talk to you...

you call again...

i feel like tracking every second of this restlessness.

what the... you say.

a slightly lighter note enters frame. so the tide is turning... isn't it a little preciptous? the timing not quite right? a bit of a rush to get into a light happy mood.

she puts the phone in the veg basket and covers it with spinach. khushi cuteness being established again. this is supposedly her... something is getting lost from an episode that had felt real. don't get me started. I can perhaps write pages. 

he chucks the phone... well at least everything and everyone has not changed.

"di, please! stop it," he snaps at his sister, and this time he will not rush to make her feel better. he is upset angry hurt... this separation from khushi, this angst with her... he can't take it...
lovely understanding of lovers.

his anger and hurt can sure be moving.. how right you are.. the more he yelled get out the more resolutely we were reeled in. could feel all your empathy with ASR in this take Indi di. the actor.. even when the character is being mean the actor is making sure we fall more and more in love with him.

The end.. definitely forced. from both sides in a way.. would he not drive upto meet her? writers trying hard to create the necessary moments instead of letting the story flow naturally. and really does she even know how much he misses her at night? I feel bad for asr every single episode. 

I came here after reading the episodes around 70 and the fight that followed. Even then there was a switch from a serious fight to drunken drama and misri and mango juice. But how natural and charming was it all.. and thrilling..  they were falling in love right in front of our eyes.. 

Bringing Shyam back was terrible and made no sense.  Anyway, this watch I did feel something for Khushi in the fight scene.. rest of scenes I have given up. 

I'll try explaining what I felt.. quite sheepishly for that I will have to admit that there are times when I have made apparently stupid decisions while considering myself the savior. We want her to not be perfect right? And this is she being blinded by self confidence that she is making the correct decision. Then when ASR lashes out at her she gets indignant and hurt in return. I have had and most probably in future too will have such fights. Who is wrong after a point does not matter. And in the fight logic never really appears at all. And neither can one decide which mistake will be made. Which of the wrongs is 'less' wrong.. Khushi is atrociously wrong.. but in her mind she is right.. and there are times when I have been in that exact state of mind.

His saying sorry should be expurgated from the series, but am willing to give Khushi benefit of doubt in this fight. Like Indu di pointed out.. what was completely missing though, was her growth as a character. A protagonist that we can genuinely like and inspire to be, not someone whom we have to make excuses for.

Edited by aarwen - 9 years ago
kizh72 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Indi di, Rhea,
I enjoyed reading both your takes of 339. Really I just did not get that bringing back of the snake. And yes, I felt disconnected from khushi, is it because we had so felt this empathy with this character that we knew if they had let her be, she would never have done something like this. And yes, those justifications just didn't ring true. In a sense, you understood why she took that decision to keep snake's secret in the first instance. Something poignant that what popped into her head was her introduction to the actual man, and how crucial his sister is to him. And also I could never understand why it had to be the responsibility of a young girl to disclose something like that, when there were elders in her family who should have stepped up, who were probably more responsible in inviting this trouble in the first place. At this point, so much of what we connected with had gone, except for the man I guess, even he had been played with. Him thanking her for brining the snake, later, I could never stomach that too😆
indi52 thumbnail
^^^

kizh,

thanks. true, that hiding of shyam's truth initially one could still understand, though as you point out, why the elders in her family kept quiet no one knows. but this bringing snake back... there is a reason i rage against patriarchy, it's everywhere, in little nooks crannies crevices dammit... only rabba ve it never did reach and taint, maybe that's its real appeal for me.

here a seemingly unimportant glimpse of it... for me at least... yes, me ranting. it is okay to toy with women, it is okay to toy with female characters. who cares she is the lead, who cares she and the male lead together tell a story, are exciting, whatever, but remember they are never ever equally valid. if you have to throw one of them into the fire, still alive... why, it must be the woman of course.

can you imagine khushi bringing shyam back?

i am willing to put up with a lot of silly stuff you dump on her, because the character has scale and resilience and can integrate much into herself...

but two things...

one that suicide attempt of hers.

and this.

sorry... i just can't take it. and i take it almost personally. 😆 tauheen abs of the woman kind.

the acceptance and apology by asr... what exactly were the writers producers channel smoking.
Crazy4IPK thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: indi52

episode 338

the rage and the incredulous look. that's all i really remember from this episode. and then the helplessness...

when you love someone with all your heart, you can make massive by Happy2Save" in_hover="" in_hdr="1" style="border: none !important; display: inline-block !important; text-indent: 0px !important; float: none !important; font-weight: bold !important; height: auto !important; margin: 0px !important; min-height: 0px !important; min-width: 0px !important; padding: 0px !important; text-transform: uppercase !important; text-decoration: underline !important; vertical-align: baseline !important; width: auto !important; background: transparent !important;">errors, but you can equally be absolutely a hundred percent spot on right. that emotion makes you react in ways unfathomable i believe.

if seeing khushi in shyam's arms completely played hell into asr's sense of judgment and he erred hugely, equally did he learn to believe and trust and realise the truth, thanks to that same emotion. and once he knew shyam had messed with both the important women in his life, there was no by Happy2Save" in_hover="" in_hdr="1" style="border: none !important; display: inline-block !important; text-indent: 0px !important; float: none !important; height: auto !important; margin: 0px !important; min-height: 0px !important; min-width: 0px !important; padding: 0px !important; text-transform: uppercase !important; text-decoration: underline !important; vertical-align: baseline !important; width: auto !important; background: transparent !important;">going back. never again. not even if his beloved sister was aching and begging for a change in his decision.

he knew shyam was bad for her. and he would not let shyam anywhere near di. he in fact was out looking for a sensible, effective way to by Happy2Save" in_hover="" in_hdr="1" style="border: none !important; display: inline-block !important; text-indent: 0px !important; float: none !important; font-weight: bold !important; height: auto !important; margin: 0px !important; min-height: 0px !important; min-width: 0px !important; padding: 0px !important; text-transform: uppercase !important; text-decoration: underline !important; vertical-align: baseline !important; width: auto !important; background: transparent !important;">nurse di back to health.

and anyway, i didn't quite understand the strange collapse of anjali's health with the nurse calling out every next dramatic turn for the worse in monotone. nor did i get the super flap by her family, and all the achhi bahu khana making and competing. was this ipk?😆
Raizda's brain went to vacation, that's why the nurse was successfully manipulating them.  all the achchi bahus and ladies were trying hard to make not so acchi Anjali happy. What to do, she was the spolied pampered adult child of Raizada's.

finally of course, instead of going to a by Happy2Save" in_hover="" in_hdr="1" style="border: none !important; display: inline-block !important; text-indent: 0px !important; float: none !important; height: auto !important; margin: 0px !important; min-height: 0px !important; min-width: 0px !important; padding: 0px !important; text-transform: uppercase !important; text-decoration: underline !important; vertical-align: baseline !important; width: auto !important; background: transparent !important;">doctor khushi went and knocked on the murderer's door because creatives had failed to find a more interesting way to bring shyam back.
Maybe they tried to bring the love-nafrat thing again. That's why they selected Khushi to execute their plan, otherwise . Dadi actually was the right choice to bring shyam.

as i have said before, i understand the dramatic potential of this "twist" but for that you have to convince me that khushi had areally good reason to do so. alas, you haven't done that. so all it does is makes me think why am i watching this episode.

then i see a man turn on the staircase he had just started climbing (sorry the super tan tan tan entry of your favourite villain and focusing on his shoes just as you have before on asr's did not get me all excited so did not mention it) and his expression changes, and i am glued. all thought stops. could it be not only because the chap is gorgeous to look at, the man we call hotwa, but really because he is in character. that is asr. the man i met in episode one still capable of fabulous out of control anger especially when his heart is involved.

he came down swiftly, chucked his jacket onto a sofa, he had been elegantly carrying it on the crook of his arm... and went right up to shyam and stopped him... hand straight reaching for collar.

to that right correct anger... salaam.

he was not going to tolerate this man in his home. i was glad to see his nani and mami, and later nk and payal, none of them looked pleased at the sight of the man di was pining for no matter how much they cared for her. sense, intelligence, ability to take the right decision... valuable things.

would be good if these instead of mahaanta was the key differentiating property of the achhi bahu format endorsed by television land. a land which is our virtual duniya from eight to twelve every evening.

asr seethed with fury... who brought the abhorrent pretender here he wanted to know.

" by Happy2Save" style="border: none !important; display: inline-block !important; text-indent: 0px !important; float: none !important; font-weight: bold !important; height: auto !important; margin: 0px !important; min-height: 0px !important; min-width: 0px !important; padding: 0px !important; text-transform: uppercase !important; text-decoration: underline !important; vertical-align: baseline !important; width: auto !important; background: transparent !important;">answer me, dammit! kissne bulaya tha tumhe?!" how does this actor keep himself so convinced?

after the requisite dramatic pause, came a single word from the nineteen to a dozen girl. even that felt wrong. khushi would never talk like that. she may walk up with head bent, clutching her hands or rush in with a thousand explanations, but that cool smug voice. ugh.
Drama, drama needs drama, after all TRP speaks. TRP aunties want such climax. bojhona keno.😆

the first time i saw the episode, i think i was more shocked than asr. just as i could never believe shyam had kidnapped asr despite all the huge thunking bricks chucked at us as "hints"... i also could not believe khushi, of all people, would bring him back, no matter how many times they showed her muttering to herself, even saying there might be "anarth" and she could not let that happen. 
I anticipated that Khushi would do it. That's why shyam  was seen by her only.

and why anarth would happen so easily, i didn't get. anjali had a miscarriage and was weak, why this melodramatic handling of the whole thing?

"humne."

he looked up and in his eyes was stupefaction followed by a rush in of emotions... i wonder what they were. horror, anger, sense of betrayal...

"khushi! tumne!!" he sounds flabbergasted.

and the emotions pile up. she does this little let me explain to you thing, hand on his shoulder, holier than thou look on. "arnav ji!" hushed urgent whisper, she knows better tone... he is the one who doesn't samjho, understand. "hamari baat samajhne ki..."

he flinches away. incensed.

a real person. yes, that is what i would do too. there can never be any explanation that will justify this.

and there isn't, no matter what the writer writes.

upstairs in her bedroom, anjali, the offering, has heard "mere shyam ji's" voice and she struggles and heaves to sit up. i watch daljeet... a rather dramatic way about her always. she takes the frame and makes it hers, she has a certain presence. and i really don't mind her acting too. again, it's the writing that doesn't gel.

daljeet does this lover in unbounded need of her lover thing, hurls herself out of bed and rushes limping and falling to her husband. out of the room, down te many steps, dash against the walls then finally face to face with him... hair open and flowing, desperate love in eyes, a joy descending on features... almost manic. she looked beautiful to me. and yes a terrible poignancy in her love for a sick creature. for her love was always true. an emotion that can make you think galat and sahi both.
yes daljeet nailed it. she is not excellent, but decent actress.  Her love for Shyam was immense and blind as well.  after losing the child when she was vulnerable, she just needed her love, but nothing else.

asr looked on. did a funny helplessness come into his eyes? he could not stop di from falling into shyam's arms. but he did tell shyam, he did not believe him when shyam said he was here only for anjali's sake.

i felt asr's extreme loneliness. he knows what is right. but there's no point. both the women he loves are not with him on this.

and when anjali hugged him, he really couldn't bring himself to return the hug.

no one had taken more care of her than him... today achhi bahu knows better. i think khushi is out there on the steps looking at this scene as had once before gazed at a brother and a sister from outside a temple. and her eyes are brimming over, feeling terrible for her laad governor.

Mad at Khushi, haa! I also was mad at her when I first saw the episode. She did wrong and there is no doubt about it. But i tried to see the good intention behind her action. To err is human. ASR did so many wrong with Khushi, though he repented but he did. Khushi also did a grave mistake by going against her husband's will. But that is Khushi. In the spur of the moment when she saw anjali was literally dying and the whole family was panicking she couldn't think the right or wrong, just tried to save anjali's life. She is a kind heart. If she was selfish perhaps she wouldn't care. but she brought Shyam to save Anjali's life.  
Did you notice it or not the whole family also was a bit annoyed  on Arnav for being so stubborn. But nobody dared to go against his will, but Khushis did. For this mistake I will not say that Khushi deceived him, but she sure disobeyed him. 
Now don't get angry on me to justify Khushis action.😛😉
Edited by sohara - 9 years ago
aarwen thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 4
Thank you Sohara.. you are always sweet to a sad Khushi.. I remember your takes when she was upset after the forced marriage. Lovely empathy you had with the girl.
Truthfully am bored of the episodes, but its become a habit to write. And every time I watch I get something or the other I want to discuss. The first few minutes of the fight felt real and awful. How we refuse to see each others point of view. how we say things we don't mean. I have done all that. still do.

So I wrote the way I did.. hehe sorry it confused you a bit..

By the way there seems to be some strange formatting in your posts.. or is it my laptop?
indi52 thumbnail

Originally posted by: aarwen

his anger and hurt can sure be moving.. how right you are.. the more he yelled get out the more resolutely we were reeled in. could feel all your empathy with ASR in this take Indi di. the actor.. even when the character is being mean the actor is making sure we fall more and more in love with him.

The end.. definitely forced. from both sides in a way.. would he not drive upto meet her? writers trying hard to create the necessary moments instead of letting the story flow naturally. and really does she even know how much he misses her at night? I feel bad for asr every single episode. 

I came here after reading the episodes around 70 and the fight that followed. Even then there was a switch from a serious fight to drunken drama and misri and mango juice. But how natural and charming was it all.. and thrilling..  they were falling in love right in front of our eyes.. 

Bringing Shyam back was terrible and made no sense.  Anyway, this watch I did feel something for Khushi in the fight scene.. rest of scenes I have given up. 

I'll try explaining what I felt.. quite sheepishly for that I will have to admit that there are times when I have made apparently stupid decisions while considering myself the savior. We want her to not be perfect right? And this is she being blinded by self confidence that she is making the correct decision. Then when ASR lashes out at her she gets indignant and hurt in return. I have had and most probably in future too will have such fights. Who is wrong after a point does not matter. And in the fight logic never really appears at all. And neither can one decide which mistake will be made. Which of the wrongs is 'less' wrong.. Khushi is atrociously wrong.. but in her mind she is right.. and there are times when I have been in that exact state of mind.

His saying sorry should be expurgated from the series, but am willing to give Khushi benefit of doubt in this fight. Like Indu di pointed out.. what was completely missing though, was her growth as a character. A protagonist that we can genuinely like and inspire to be, not someone whom we have to make excuses for.

thanks, rhea...

i do feel this actor's unsaid words, his struggle as a character, his intensity...

about khushi and the fight. yes, i have been there too, my decision not quite the right one, my intention good but a genuine error of judgment and fight escalating till nothing matters. i fact when calm returns one has almost forgotten why one fought. only the heat and light and unfurl of the fight remains.

but here, they wrote her with such callousness... even if she had brought back shyam, the way it was shown to come about... total nonsense. and then the growing "saviour" self righteousness... i couldn't take it. it was really such butchering of a character.

but i do get why you felt for her. wish i could.

yeah that apology by asr... off with its head. 😆

no growth in kkg's character. i notice indu mentioned it too. yeah, that was the issue really. how much jalebi and sabzi can save a character? yes, asr said what the... but constantly he grew... and barun fought hard to make him believable, likable... no matter what.

this complete disregard of a principle character... really.

indi52 thumbnail

Mad at Khushi, haa! I also was mad at her when I first saw the episode. She did wrong and there is no doubt about it. But i tried to see the good intention behind her action. To err is human. ASR did so many wrong with Khushi, though he repented but he did. Khushi also did a grave mistake by going against her husband's will. But that is Khushi. In the spur of the moment when she saw anjali was literally dying and the whole family was panicking she couldn't think the right or wrong, just tried to save anjali's life. She is a kind heart. If she was selfish perhaps she wouldn't care. but she brought Shyam to save Anjali's life.  
Did you notice it or not the whole family also was a bit annoyed  on Arnav for being so stubborn. But nobody dared to go against his will, but Khushis did. For this mistake I will not say that Khushi deceived him, but she sure disobeyed him. 
Now don't get angry on me to justify Khushis action.😛😉

hi sohara,

thanks. 😃 not mad at kkg... mad at the atrocious writing. this discrediting of the female lead, really a mystery and yet not. it's that basic disrgard of women that we see all around us. we are treated as stupid people... so a male writer just writes a female character as he wills, as long as he gives her some "acchhi ladki" traits, we are supposed to be sold on it... khushi was given all of them... nothing was that unusual about her in that achhi ladki gefre... apart from a hint of sanka and her clothes.

pure, innocent, caring, untouched, brave (almost to teh point of foolhardy and will do anything for parivaar)... tell me which tv heroine isn't. 😆

but sanaya took khushi further than i think anyone had planned for. into her sanak sanaya added that curious undeniable tenderness of hers. into her bakbak and "comic", sanaya added notes of intelligence till real humour was struck. sanaya gave khushi a size and depth... you could feel the girl as we all know.

this is an incredibly strong character created with a light touch and a splash of eclectic magic...

khushi is fey and sanki and yet khushi is sexy as hell. and khushi is all that an achhi girl is.

so when you make her appear stupid all i can think is you don't really care for her, you just use her.

this is not the first time they have done it... but this is one of the worst insults of her intelligence, straight after that ridiculous suicide thing.

no way would kkg bring shyam back without consulting with asr. not after she has seen shyam trying to kill asr. khushi has alove for asr which is now way above anything else in her heart.

trying to make her into so called achhi bahu in her way of looking at things, they strike at the being of kkg. this was so not correct.

the they try to cover it with so called khushi sanka.

egregious.

just bad writing. how can writers and producers be so uncaring of what they create, what earns them their keep. really, while writing fan fic i get more tizzied about character and action than these guys. no sincerity. none.

angry with you? 😆 😆 😆, aunty, you are the one who makes me write hotter and hotter stuff. 
nah, i do get what you're saying, just can't feel the rightness of anything here.
Previous
1 ... 31 32 33 34 35 ... 48
Next