ArHi OneShot |Once Upon A Time| Awarded!!! A/n p1 :)

-doe-eyes- thumbnail
Posted: 10 years ago

Pinch me, I'm dreaming!!! This OS won in the Best OS Category at || ArHilicious Droolers #16: Kabira (Last) ||- eeep!

I didn't even prepare a speech...ohhh my gosh...I'd like to thank lazyleaves, for reading this and thinking this was good enough to deserve the title, my bestie, Marie, for reading this and not laughing at my face, and all you wonderful people here who have read and commented and always been so lovely and supportive, and my parents for filling my formative years with fairy tales; Arnav, for being a hopeless romantic, and Khushi for bringing out the hopeless romantic in Arnav; the creators of IPKKND, without whom I would not be sitting here typing all this drivel with a moronic grin on my face and enjoying every moment of it!!! THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH!!!! 

And please don't forget to check out the AD thread linked above for a positive treasure trove of awesome fanfiction and IPK-goodness!! I know I'm going to :P 

Hello :) This is a kind of different take on the usual dialogue-shots...I hope you guys like it.

ArHi OneShot |Once Upon A Time|

5th February, 12.30 p.m.

Little Red Riding Hood,

Why so down?

I think your mood might make it rain inside the classroom.

6th February, 12.30 p.m.

Little Red Riding Hood,

Not nice. I was expecting at least a word of appreciation from you for being so observant and caring. You are always so polite with everyone- even wolves disguised as grandmothers.

7th February, 12.30 p.m.

Little Red Riding Hood,

Speaking of which, how is your Nani now?

7th February, 1.00 p.m.

Whoever you are- 1) Why are you posting notes under my desk?

2) Why do you know anything about my Nani?

3) Who are you, anyway?

7th February, 2.30 p.m.

Little Red Riding Hood,

1)      I thought this was an intriguing method to communicate. It is, how you say...mysterious. And girls adore mystery.

2)      I am concerned for her- and you. And therefore I inquired.

3)      Well...why don't you try and find out?

10th February, 8.30 a.m.

Creep.

10th February, 12.30 p.m.

Little Red Riding Hood,

So rude. Has your experience with the Big Bad Wolf turned you perpetually distrustful? How tragic. Perhaps we have to call in the Cheshire Cat, to teach you to smile again.

10th February, 1.00 p.m.

I'd rather not, thank you, considering the Mad Hatter and March Hare would be sure to follow, and we all know what that means.

10th February, 2.30 p.m.

Little Red Riding Hood,

Testing me, are you? Worry not, I know Alice in Wonderland is your favourite childhood tale- and yes, I'm giving you clues to figure out who I am. So benevolent, am I not?

And to respond to your test- I would assume it would include tea-party, buttering pocket-watches and drowning dormice.

Any guesses who I might be now?

11th February, 8.30 a.m.

Hm. Impressive. I thought no one read Carroll these days.

As for guesses...for the time being I think I shall call YOU the Big Bad Wolf. Considering, you see, that you seem to know an awful lot about me even though you're undercover, as a conniving wolf would.

Now- what do you want?

11th February, 12.30 p.m.

Little Red Riding Hood,

Big Bad Wolf? I would be offended were it not for the compliment you paid me earlier. I am flattered. And therefore I won't take your suspicions to heart, and promise you that I won't bite- unless you give me permission, of course.

As for what I want...I'm sure you are beginning to understand. You are a bright girl- all part of your charm, I assure you.

11th February, 1.30 p.m.

Creeep. Please leave me alone.

11th February, 2.30 p.m.

Little Red Riding Hood,

Aw, why? I'm being so nice! I called you bright, didn't I?

12th February, 8.00 a.m.

If I'm so bright, why did you name me after a character that could not tell her grandmother apart from an animal?

12th February, 12.30 p.m.

Little Red Riding Hood,

Did I offend you in doing so? My sincerest apologies. I did not mean to hurt you- oh, no, my choice in name is only because in my humble opinion, you look divine in red.

And you do not wear it often enough, which somewhat peeves me, but never mind.

Also- this is another clue. Come on, Red, you should know who I am by now...

12th February, 1.00 p.m.

Whether I know or not, what is the point of all this? Are you so bored that you have to resort to such childish and juvenile games to keep yourself entertained? Please leave me alone, I have things to do.

12th February, 2.30 p.m.

Ah, and yet, you keep searching under your desk for notes, keep leaving classes at breaks, don't hang round to see who might be responsible, and you keep replying to them. Are you so sure you are not enjoying this game yourself?

And if I may me so presumptuous, my Little Red Riding Hood, I would say you know perfectly well who I am, otherwise you would be too suspicious and wary to continue bantering with me.

13th February, 12.30 p.m.

My Little Red Riding Hood,

Are you mad? I'm sorry. I did not mean to make you upset. Really.

Would it make you feel better if I said this was not a game?

13th February, 2.30 p.m.

I think I pushed too far. I am so sorry- please forgive me. I promise you- this is no game. I would never fool around with something so serious.

What can I do to make it up to you? Would you be pleased if I told you that if Rapunzel saw you today, she would go green with envy? If I lie, let my nose grow longer than your hair.

PS: That was overkill, wasn't it?

14th February, 8.30 a.m.

Or perhaps I should call you Cinderella.

I still have the hairclip I snatched from you yesterday, when you were busy ignoring me...and I intend to keep it, if it means you will keep letting your hair down. Have I ever told you how lovely it is? No, probably not- you would never believe me if I did. But, perhaps like Cinderella's Prince Charming, I can find my way to you with this hairclip, like he did with a glass slipper.

Dear lord, that was so cheesy. I think I might have to kill myself. The things I do for you.

Please write back.

14th February, 9.00 a.m.

I still think wolf suits you better than prince.

14th February, 9.03 a.m.

Then you can be Beauty, and I'll be the Beast.

That's your favourite fairy-tale, isn't it?

14th February, 9.07 a.m.

Devi Maiyya...that was too cheesy, even for you, Arnav.

14th February, 9.10 a.m.

But it seems to be working. You're smiling- rather charmingly, might I add. Am I forgiven?

14th February, 9.13 a.m.

You're hopeless.

14th February, 9.21 a.m.

I hope not. I put in a great deal of effort into this you know. All the trouble I had to go through, faking my handwriting, reading up fairy-tales no self-respecting male should be found reading by his older sister, trying to sneak notes in when you weren't looking, coming early, leaving late...

14th February, 9.28 a.m.

You always get here before me, always leave after me, and weren't you the one that said I kept deliberately leaving at breaks?

Besides, stopped faking your handwriting not even halfway through! Even before you started adding "My" to "Little Red Riding Hood."

And Nani used to tell us both those stories when we were kids, remember? I'm pretty sure you didn't have to sacrifice too much to refresh your memory.

14th February, 9.34 a.m.

Are you insinuating that you LET me pass you notes? Hmph. Not even giving me credit for my master-plan.

And...I do remember. And I also remember how happy you used to be hearing those stories. I know you've been depressed since Nani fell ill, Khushi, and you weren't talking about it so...I suppose I wanted to cheer you up. Bringing those stories up again...seemed like a good idea.

14th February, 9.40 a.m.

That was...really, really sweet of you Arnav. I mean it. I really do. It was...I don't know. I won't lie...it was a little bit like a fairy-tale itself. It's nice to feel that things like that happen in real life too.

14th February, 9.42 a.m.

Thank you so much...you made me very, very happy.

14th February, 9.44 a.m.

I'm glad.

I am forgiven though, right?

14th February, 9.46 a.m.

Yes. To be honest I might not have been all that mad at you to begin with.

14th February, 9.47 a.m.

Good. I thought I might have to build you a jalebi-house before you would melt.

14h February, 9.50 a.m.

I wouldn't say no to a jalebi-house...

14th February, 9.52 a.m.

Of course you wouldn't. You could beat both Hansel and Gretel at their game any day.

By the way, aren't you worried you'll get caught passing notes?

14th February, 9.54 a.m.

Are you?

And aren't you getting tired of all these fairy-tale references?

14th February, 9.55 a.m.

Firstly, nope.

Secondly, nope. They're making you smile.

14th February, 9.55 a.m.

Arnav...will you be my Valentine?

14th February, 10.00 a.m.

Thought you'd never ask, my idiot Little Red Riding Hood.

Thank you for reading :) 

Comments, please? I'd love to hear what you thought! 

Does anyone wanna try pinpoint how many fairy-tale references were crammed into this piece? :P 

My other dialogue-only one-shots:

Bedside Manners

Seeds of Pomegranate

Midnight Snacking

Terms and Conditions Apply

Just Another Random Conversation

True Colours

I reserve all rights over this work of fiction, and request readers do reproduce/copy/modify it elsewhere and/or claim credit. 

Edited by -doe-eyes- - 10 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

dilectus thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Engager 3 Thumbnail + 6
Ah!! The days of passing notes!! Never did that with a guy, and footi-kismat didn't allow me to  pass such messages even by text or mail, but chalega!! You more than made up for the Kind of excitement I would have felt!!! Of pretending to not know, of waiting for the new note, of faking anger to make the other person appear...hayeee!! *blush blush*
bhaniv thumbnail
This one was too good!
Arnav trying his best to cheer her up was so cute!

Khushi playing along even when she knew it was Arnav who dropped the notes for her to read... ❤️
archaKashyap thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
this was so sweet... arnav started this game to make khushi smile... khushi knew it was arnav n still played along
IronButterfly thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Passing notes, how cute.
Those were the days.
archa2810 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 4
so sweet... arnav started this game to make khushi smile... khushi knew it but still played along
RainyDays thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Ok ! The Fairy Tales :
The Red Riding Hood , Rapunzel , Hansel and Gretal , The Beauty and the Beast , Cindrella , Alice in Wonderland , Pinocchio
I think that's all . Am I missing any ?
Might I add , our Fairy Tale , IPK ? ;)

With this , you revived so many memories of the various fairy tales and ofcourse notepassing during school days ... Those were the days..!!
Loved this new concept of their note passing . So innocent yet mysterious way ... Loved their conversation and the effort of Arnav to make Khushi happy.. :)

Amazing and too cute ! :) Edited by RainyDays - 10 years ago
Raila1014 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
At first I thought it was online chat but the notes were sweet.  I like this style and very different from your fictions as you are very detailed  in those.  I like the idea of the back and forth bantering.  Of course the fairy tales were all part of the charm that an awfully sweet Arnav was trying to use to cheer up his GF.  Very nice.
DMGFan-2b-not2b thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
Brilliant concept! equally wonderfully executed! Loved the fairy tale references...
dumas thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
that was so cute loved the notes so cute he was trying to cheer her up poor guy did not know he was busted long time ago awesome os congrats on winning the runner up thanks for the pm.