Blast from the Past Thread #22 !Main Hamesha Hamesha Tumse! p33 ep 224 - Page 75

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Motif_Soul thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 10 years ago
Indi and All 

I was reading your asr analysis ,very gripping.

There is no doubt Barun brought this character alive and kept it alive .No wonder why people were doing so much to make him stop for the show or close it.

Here is the song for Suchitra Sen , the Lady of the screen, my father says this all the time.He is fond of her and Dev

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0GrqxZCSEH0[/YOUTUBE]
Edited by MehreenB - 10 years ago
indi52 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6
^^^

mehreen, that song is a favourite. i adore the two in their terrible messy situation in that. and funnily... and i think i have said it on the thread before, something about that loneliness is asr's loneliness... diya hai na koi mehefil, chala mujhe leke ai dil akela kahan.

yes, asr is an amazing character, especially in the context of indian tv... atheist, left his father's name and taken his mother's, individualistic... and yet we accepted him... what's more, arrogant and downright impossible often... yet we loved him.

maybe in him we saw bits of us too.

i did.

a lot of me.

i just read another take on him by a new viewer... more than a year after the show is over... says something. about both the character and its concept and exploration by writers; and its delineation by an actor.

thank you so much for enjoying my asr take. it came out of nowhere, unplanned. that's how real this guy has become.

barun as asr and not barun as barun is a big reason for me to be here... as is the show itself... it had layers and layers in it.. otherwise i would not go that weirdly sad when it ended and rush here to find ipk one more time.

it's a classic show i feel... and at many levels its impact will be felt i am sure, without even it being obvious. of course, it was unparalleled in bringing in the educated, modern, too cool for television, delightfully snarky audience from all over the world. i am not a tv viewer really, not intellectually inclined (shudder at the very thought) or anything... just that tv never called me.

now?

ha ha, i am taking brickbats from everywhere just for this ipk love. 😆

sorry i rambled.

Edited by indi52 - 10 years ago
Motif_Soul thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: indi52

^^^

mehreen, that song is a favourite. i adore the two in their terrible messy situation in that. and funnily... and i think i have said it on the thread before, something about that loneliness is asr's loneliness... diya hai na koi mehefil, chala mujhe leke ai dil akela kahan.

yes, asr is an amazing character, especially in the context of indian tv... atheist, left his father's name and taken his mother's, individualistic... and yet we accepted him... what's more, arrogant and downright impossible often... yet we loved him.

maybe in him we saw bits of us too.

i did.

a lot of me.

i just read another take on him by a new viewer... more than a year after the show is over... says something. about both the character and its concept and exploration by writers; and its delineation by an actor.

thank you so much for enjoying my asr take. it came out of nowhere, unplanned. that's how real this guy has become.

barun as asr and not barun as barun is a big reason for me to be here... as is the show itself... it had layers and layers in it.. otherwise i would not go that weirdly sad when it ended and rush here to find ipk one more time.

it's a classic show i feel... and at many levels its impact will be felt i am sure, without even it being obvious. of course, it was unparalleled in bringing in the educated, modern, too cool for television, delightfully snarky audience from all over the world. i am not a tv viewer really, not intellectually or anything (shudder at the very thought) or anything... just that tv never called me.

now?

ha ha, i am taking brickbats from everywhere just for this ipk love. 😆

sorry i rambled.

indi,😊

that blue is the key because he made this character so alive that I think it will be challenge for him to come out of it too.
In this song ,Barun and his body language fits perfect.You are a true writer imdi.Thanks and it's honor reading you ladies.I can't even imagine myself like you all.
Crazy4IPK thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: indi52

may i please share something with all on this thread...

rangrasiya is an ambitious show that has just started on colors and hopes to establish itself in a big way. we are all eager to see sanaya do wonderfully and succeed.

we have talked a bit about all that here. but a serious request, let's not discuss rangrasiya here, please.

we all love and "own" sanaya somewhere, being avid and complete ipk fans, but it's i think against forum rules to discuss other shows on threads belonging to specific show forums.

and more, let's stay focused on the idea of this thread... a reliving of ipk, a major serious crazy slightly arrogant utterly ott love affair with it in fact.

i hope we can stay in love, in hate, and in what the blast happily.

hope no one got royally irritated with indi for saying this, but what's to do my englissiya is so powerphool and i am so bootiphool, and i can't suttupiya kar leo.

looks like i did irritate people with this note. please do forgive me. and if i don't get into rangrasiya discussions, please don't mind.

i'm really sorry that i discussed other show here. I actually visited the respected forum. but i couldn't be there, as there is too much negativity in that forum and most of the members seemed a bit immature and arrogant to me. i just thought to share my opinion with you.
Sorry again.
i'll discuss only IPK related thing and of course not gonna break forum rules.
indi52 thumbnail
^^^ hey sohara,

it's just a request...

i know you mean well. 🤗

just that i feel we should stick to ipk as far as possible. of course, our discussions will spill over to  books, movies, whatever... that's quite natural, and this free flow we have is great... it is difficult to achieve and we are so fortunate to have it... but the focus remains ipk...

i must curtail my barun talk too. 😆

Mysticaldivine thumbnail
Indi 

Fabulous piece of ASR, Barun , Arnav...Three personalities clashing at one point and portraying all under the banner is not easy .

Barun did it flawlessly and it is remonding me this quote.

"...I didn't want you flawless - I have a bare wall at home that's flawless - I wanted your character trapped in the amber of your skin..." 
 John GeddesA Familiar Rain

Indeed he gave us something very much preserved like amber, golden and shining for forever which will be cherished for quiet some time.
Edited by ArshiHamesha - 10 years ago
Mysticaldivine thumbnail
Blasters a grieving moment for Suchitra Sen ...May god rest her in peace.

I didn't see that many movies of her but some are really rare and one of them is Aandhi .She has some grace in her character .My parents are into her more than me.I don't think my father knew yet about her death as he didn't go last week for bringing indian newspaper but definitely today he is out and he will be sad.But that is one face of life too.
Edited by ArshiHamesha - 10 years ago
shesherkobita thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Indi... Back from bros wedding...  I just wanted to say ... The kind of passion I've seen between ASR and khushi always reminded me of uttam and Suchitra... I had gone back to watching some uttam Suchitra clips last yr trying to explain to my Hubwa why I love ASR khushi so much... He ofc didn't buy it cause he feels no one can touch u-s. ... RIP Suchitra Sen... 
indi52 thumbnail
hi sabi,
good to see you, glad chhutti good. yeah, suchitra gone, i remember the day uttam kumar went, i was in calcutta, a somewhat unreal year for us and on a day before the birthday of a dear one, a sudden heart attack, and he was gone. peter sellers too i think passed away on that same day. somehow you can't think of suchitra without thinking of uttam kumar.

they are together in your head somewhere. like water is h2o. same i guess happens when one says asr or khushi, or barun or sanaya. a picture flashes in the subconscious. there was that palpable chemistry. the one words will never capture in totality. and why should they, some things remain beyond words.

i don't compare the two jodis' onscreen connection, but yes, both had tremendous presence, a three d thing almost. ðŸ˜³ the fourth being added by my gaze, engrossed and mind going nuts.
DurgaS thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: samin6

It is true Durga that it is a sad time for the friends and families of Indian actors. How are you. For some reason I think  JAysree ji as Nani in IPKKND imitated Suchitra sen and the way she delivered her punchlines did some times remind me of Suchitra sen.

Samin, so good to see you. I am fine. How are you?

Haven't seen much of Suchitra Sen, so can't say. But, I have seen lot of Jayshreeji's work. Her many movie roles ranging from dancing, vampish, negative and the good ones too. She was a lead in a few Marathi films. Of course, I loved her lavni dances in Marathi movies the most. In IPK, I didn't feel that she was acting differently. But possibly, there could be chances that she was influenced by her during her early days. The Hindi movie industry always had a constant inflow from the East and the South, the effect spilling into the neighbouring movie industries too.