Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

cinthiann1758 thumbnail
Posted: 11 years ago

Originally posted by: chalhov

Samin
In India you can get anywhere in most of the  restrautants and even streetsπŸ˜† and in USA Canada you can maybe get in most Indian restaurants and in India shops where you can get the freezed ready made ones you you can take home and fry or maybe bake same for jalebis you have lot of instant mixes with the instructions on how to make. 

Samin here is a very good and very easy jalebi recipe!

http://www.manjulaskitchen.com/2007/04/02/jalebi-sweet/

Jalebis can best be described as funnel cakes. Jalebis can be made thin and crispy or thick and juicy. Jalebis taste best when served hot.

Makes 10 Jalebis.

Ingredients:

Batter:

• 1/2 cup All Purpose flour
  • 1 teaspoon besan (gram flour)chickpea/garbanzo bean
  • 1/2 teaspoon yeast
  • 1/2 teaspoon oil
  • 1/2 teaspoon sugar
  • About 1/3 cup of lukewarm water (as needed)

Syrup:

• 1 cup sugar
  • 1/2 cup water
  • Pinch of cardamom powder
  • Few strands of saffron
  • 1 teaspoon of lemon juice

Also needed:

• Oil to fry

Batter:

1. Dissolve the yeast in warm water and let it sit for about five minutes.
  2. Mix the flour, besan (gram flour), oil, and sugar together.
  3. Add the yeast solution and mix well, making sure that there are no lumps and the batter is smooth.
  4. Set the batter aside and let it sit in a warm place for one hour.
  5. Make sure the batter is fermented, but do not over ferment. After fermenting batter will be little lacy

.Syrup:

1. Boil the sugar and water together. Add the lemon juice and saffron and close the heat.

Making Jalebis:

1. Heat the oil in a flat frying pan about 1 1/2? deep.  To check if the oil is ready, put ont drop of batter in the oil, the batter should sizzle and come up without changing in color right away.
  2. Fill the Jalebi batter into a piping bag with a number 3 nozzle. You can also use an empty bottle (i.e. empty ketchup or mustard bottle).
  3. Squeeze the Jalebi batter out in the hot oil in a pretzel shape to about 2 inches in diameter.
  4. Fry the Jalebis until golden-brown on both sides.
  5. Transfer into the warm syrup.
  6. Let jalebi soak in the hot syrup for a few seconds and take out.
  7. Serve hot.

BarunDiwani thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 4
my latest  :)

Episode 66
Crazy4IPK thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
@ Indi
Your analysis makes me spell bound every time. Your perception to see things is so cognitive and poignant. Always love to read it.
The lines below I loved most and I added some extra in red bold.

a string that ties a whole world together. and of no strings attached. while a pretender desecrates a string. here are some glimpses of this tender to creepy to rib tickling funny episode. 
 Brilliant observation.πŸ‘

the creatives take us seamlessly from a deep emotional, intense day to a happy and light one with notes of fire in it
Hats off to CVs. It was indeed a beautiful episode

there was a low animal quality to shyam. survival and his gain his only motive. whatever i want i must get. he said as much to khushi when he advised her to do what her heart pleases; asr also wanted to live life his own way but not by hurting and disrespecting others, certainly not by lying and cheating. for he had that one thing, shyamu darling never got to taste... conscience.

Loved how you desribed Shyam and Arnav's character.Shyam was sly like a fox, but ASR was a  guileless lion.
bhaiyer kopale dilam phonta, jomer duare podlo kaanta. i will protect my brother said this. 

Aww so sweet! I love bengali. I used to watch bengali movies with my Dad. Satyajeet Roy is his favorite and Tagore's song too. Now I'm all busy with Arnav and Khushi.hehehe.

goes without saying, for asr and anjali, this was far far far more than a ritual. a joyous, pure, and happy reminder of their meaning in each other's lives. he had appointed himself her caretaker at 14... and she had let him. she made a rakhi for him every year. he kept a fast with her, and together, these two siblings born of the same mother, found their ma once again when holding out their hands to each other and committing to their relationship. this is a tie from birth, and it shall be kept, honoured. a lot of their tragically departed mother was part of this story. even for naniji, and perhaps mamaji. daughter, sister, mother, their ma was all of them after all. and equally cherished in those roles.

Arnav and Anjali's bonding is  so special. Anjali is like a mother to Arnav  and Arnav is like a father figure to her who vowed to protect her till death. Their mom's presence was everywhere in the family.

here i'm trying to muster all my sisterly feelings over this touching scene. and all i can see is a splash of red flaming at the centre of a forehead and white shirt offsetting gorgeous skin.

Uff he was looking too delicious! Isn't he the sexiest man in the world!

but daljeet is flawless as sister. and he as brother. when talk started of daljeet leaving, it was hard to imagine who could ever replace her.

So true. we can't imagine anyone else in Anjali's character.She was just perfect.We actually made several pleas to keep her back.

gadzooks, pass the samosas. and off went the crunchiest tastiest part of episode. lots of chillies and bite in it. and hiccups. 

Khushi was too hilarious and eccentric too. I can't imagine myself mouth full of food in front of a young sexy fellow.Or moreover she already had a crush on him.

of course, the shock is too much. and all she can do is go into auto pilot and reach for comfort. for khushi that is food. always. in joy, in sorrow, at night, or morrow. a defence in its own way i guess. to save herself from a devastating sense of emptiness at times when an accident and two people gone come to mind. don't know psychology... but there's something in that constant eating of hers. nonstop... chana, ber, chew nail... and of course jalebi, gol gappa, aloo poori, you name it. we shall get to the bottom of it in season 2.

Khushi was an absolute foody. If in real life somebody eats that much,would sure turn to a hippo soon. But it's true that some people get the habit of eating to release stress.

he can feel how the small town dupattewali can have plenty influence on big city cool rich good looking people?
 Coz Arnav could see the epitome of natural beauty what was hidden behind her dupatta.

Edited by sohara - 11 years ago
cinthiann1758 thumbnail

Originally posted by: Katelyn

I hope everyone is in good spirit!  If not, I hope these vms will help! πŸ˜ƒ  These are especially for you, Indi!

This one is the most hilarious and one of my most favorite by Rag1ni
Hitler learns about Arnav & Khushi's misunderstanding 🀣  rofl.gif 
[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2puS64yEWBo[/YOUTUBE]

Since there's a lot of discussions about food, this vm is just perfect!  This one is funny and hot by Rag1ni!  πŸ˜†

The Unbearable Lightness of Jalebis 🀣
[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ErsAphhvjRQ[/YOUTUBE]

Katelyn you are the queen of finding the BEST vm's! I was hysterical with the first and the second total butterflies since I am a huge foodie and lover of romance  just brilliant thank you for sharingπŸ€—!!!
samin6 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: indi52

the samosa shenanigans

samin,
in india, practically everywhere in the north, right up to calcutta you get great samosas. in delhi, bengali market if you're close by, if not any area will have it's sweets and samosa joint. in calcutta almost all the major sweet shops make samosa at some point during the day. uff, killing me, the thought. if you get the small samosas i calcutta: shingara... do try, delicious.

When traveling will go to Delhi so will try bengali market Indi. OK, I went to Delhi on 2011 nov for the first time for a week. So it was big deal. It was actually one of my dreams that I would go to Delhi visit all places and shop. Now guess what I did. I stayed and watched IPK repeat telecasts in the hotel. Made sure I came back by 8 pm because it was the 1st week of nov. Anyways anyone who has not been to Delhi it is a nice place and worth a visit. . It was the last week of October so went to bhirbhumi to visit Mahatma gandhi, Rajiv Gandhi and Indira Gandhi's shamadhi.You know the Bir Bhumi area is very peaceful. So I walked around the area. And in any case I would also have liked to meet Sonia and Rahul Gandhi but was not possible. Anyways saw the biggest most beautiful butterflies around the area of Indian parliament. Now I think they thought I was trying to bridge the security or something, because this crazy IPK fan you know what she did-- I took a taxi every single day and went around the areas they show on car in IPK. I think one is tughlak lane, one is in front of India gate and another in front of a road in front of Lodhi garden. I even was looking for the Devi Mayya Mandir- but could not find it. On top I really stopped myself from eating pani puris and chaat in front of India gate.
Edited by samin6 - 11 years ago
cinthiann1758 thumbnail

Originally posted by: BarunDiwani

Friendly Disclaimer: My words, thoughts  and ideas are mine only, please do not copy. You are welcome to use it, but credit accordingly. Thank you!

Episode 66

From now on these episodes  remind me of a favorite child hood game called "ghar ghar (house house)" where my bestie and i would take on the role of husband and wife, imitate our parents...loads of fun.  Nani has put  this game in motion, but the players are oblivious. If only they'd all closely pay attention...they would notice how their inner beings strive to fulfill their spousal duties.  Love that!!!!  But its a good thing they are ignoring their gut, all the yelling, blaming, irritating is half the fun and make those little tender "rabba ves" that much more special...

Khushi makes a list of "To teach La" while Anjali dictates,
"chotey ki pasand na pasand hum aapko bata denge (I'll tell you his likes and dislikes)" ... Ofcourse, Anjali would tell his "wife" first about his likes and dislikes, but what's more interesting is the alertness on Khushi's face as Anjali says that... I felt a  weeny bit of excitement  from her and the willingness to learn about her laad governor...afterall, that's one of the reasons she's here IMO.  Anjali continues with the list and feels overwhelmed, but our eternal optimist Khushi tell her to relax. "just tell me when the wedding is?" one little question...Anjali was mortified as La makes clearifies "no marriage for ASR or Me"  leaving khushi confused which leads two words: Live in.
"live-in matlab? (live-in meaning?)" 

What an entertaining scene this was, a small-town girl trying to grasp the concept of a man and woman doing marital things...well, pre-marriage. For someone  who grew up only learning the conventional ways of  "ghar (one's house after marriage)" "sansaar (marriage life)" parivaar (kids)" surely this is hard to understand. La spells it out for her "Live-in is when a boy and a girl live together without being married, meaning a couple that can do anything a married couple can do"

Khushi's innocent world crumbles down, so as always her solution to such situations... FOOD!  Bravo to Gul and writers for making Khushi an emotional eater, she likes food in general but when in distress it becomes a way for her to fill that void...not the healthiest thing but oh so realistic! A plate of samosa (yummmy) happens to be close to her, so she picks it up. Each bite seeks an answer, all the while forgetting to chew...her full mouth resembles her full brain...so many questions...so many thought... 

OMG I love this and I am so an emotional eater too so this scene I was just hysterical loved it!

Just when her mouth can't get any fuller, (something  yummier than samosas walks in) Arnav comes to talk to La...but is drawn to Khushi's puffy cheeks. 
OH YEAH!!!! Drooling before the drool corner!
this bit inspired  by Ritu's story telling, thanks Ritu!!!

No big reaction from him, but i think he is smitten over this cutie. Her child-like innocence always  hit a major chord with him. Seeing Arnav, it hits her, Laad governor + "live-in,"  and so with her somasa-filled mouth she gives him a dirty look. The whole living-in thing bugged her but deep down,  but in addition it was him living-in with La. I smelled a bit of jealousy.

Arnav remembers what he really came down here for,  to talk to La about work but is interrupted by  a series of hiccups unleashed by Khushi. Even his loud and scary "ENOUGH" didn't work.  

The "disturbance" forces him to take the meeting elsewhere
Anjali gives Khushi some water and she finally gulps down her Samosas.  On her way out she  sees Arnav yelling at La for neglecting work, she draws her own conclusion  "Poor Lavanya ji, he's probably forcing her to live in without a marriage  by yelling blackmailing."  Looking at La. it's hard to digest this misunderstanding, so i felt why this need to just blame Arnav? Could it be that much like Arnav's need to  blame her for everything, She subconsciously wants to do the same? later in a ROFL scene, we see her dreaming, she is the judge, he the defendant. 

Her verdict? "Ghalati Arnav Singh Raizadaki hai! (It ASR's mistake)" and even though its Buaji that says "Ee ka jail mein daal do (put him in jail)," its her unconscious giving voice to Buaji.  She has the same need to punish him now as he had  to punish her before the guest house.  Nice one!

Khushi leaves before she can  see the real picture, Arnav was merely asking La to choose home or career as she can't handle both. Though he may have overreacted due to all the irritation "uss Khushi" is causing... he says to La "Just seeing that Khushi here in the house irritates me all day and on top of that you, if you can't manage both then choose one"

La tries to explain, "how can i  handle both?"

"that's why i'm telling you, choose one and mind you, staying with that Khushi Kumaari Gupta, make sure you don't become like her" oh Arnav, why this need to constantly bring her up? He really doesn't want La to turn in another Khushi, he can barely handle this single piece!    rofl
"relax ASR, even if i try i can't become like that Chamkili" ...Arnav has a "that's true" expression on his face

Khushi returns home, that earth shattering information still on her mind, she gets herself a drink of water while  Buaji comes and makes  alot of noise then leaves. Love the way Khushi teaches Payal about "live-in"

The conversation between Shyaam and KHushi is fab. It really wasn't Shyaams's best  day: first his wife goes missing, then he finds out that Khushi will return to work for the raizadas, later his wife purposes making Khushi his sister...lastly, he loses his control and lets his true deamon out...rakshash in every sense.

Shyaam is dispicle here,  trying to make Khushi feel guilty for refusing to hand him her responsibility...though it was never his for taking. She was never within  his reach

Khushi held her own, "yeh galat hai, babuji ka karz utaar ne ke liye hum ek aur karz nahin le sakte (this is wrond, i can talk another loan to payoff babuji's debt!)....I can handle anything for babuji, my ego is nothing in front  of babuji, if by doing this babuji can walk with his head held high, i will keep puting up with it" The bond she shared with her adoptive father shines through here, It was so fitting that her father was the first one to know about Shyaam and that scene  of his taking the engagement ring off of his daughter's fingers in his state of paralysis... The strength of love and the need to protect them, so well  depicted between the two. Unfortunatly lots of lose ends when it came to the Gupta member's financial condition...

DROOL CORNER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

❀️ just adore this look πŸ˜Šβ€οΈ

Wonderful and always drooling!
samin6 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: cinthiann1758

Thanks Cinthiya for the Jilebi recipe. I would try making JIlebis. You know I was becoming such a jilebi fanatic last year that my brother when he went to vancouver bought some for me and they have a sweet shop close by our company and my dad brings from that for me. What IPK did to me? Anyways if you ever go to vancouver they sell the best Jilebis and I think I tasted the best samosas in Dhaka new market area. If you ever tasted the samosas in Dhaka you would know why I am telling you that in USA or Canada, all the places I lived in I did not taste a good samosa. However as Indi suggested next time I go to delhi or calcutta I would definitely try their samosas and as chalov suggested would actually probably try the roadside one. Now let me tell you where I tasted the most horrible samosas and Jilebis- it was in Kingston, ON.
Edited by samin6 - 11 years ago

PutijaChalhov thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 8

Katelyn you are the queen of finding the BEST vm's! I was hysterical with the first and the second total butterflies since I am a huge foodie and lover of romance  just brilliant thank you for sharingπŸ€—!!!

In the show no wonder Khushi wanted to break her KC fast with the sexy pakora which was made with her XY husband instructing and hovering all over and around her .can never forget that scene how can making pakoras be so sizzling hot hotter then the oil and flame of the stove, wonder whose idea it was makes all the anger against CVs go away and the chemistry of the actors uff uff uff scorching.
Crazy4IPK thumbnail

sohara thanks so much for your feedback.  sometimes i get tired of writing the narrative.  i wish i was more creative but it is what it is and i enjoy it!  some are definitely better than others.  don't like my 69 so much

I just read your take on episode-69. I absolutely loved it. La's plan sure backfired her. But I would be happier if Arnav would know the whole story. But at least he suspected, something happened wrong with Khushi.

Plz don't say that you are not creative.Your post always gives me the clear picture of the episode.
i'm not also a creative person.I also make narrative post. but I still intend to write something, just for the sake of my love for IPK and Arshi. You can say a try to fill up the vacancy of IPK in my life.
Crazy4IPK thumbnail
@ BarunDiwani
Wonderful update of episode-66
Nani has put  this game in motion, but the players are oblivious. If only they'd all closely pay attention...they would notice how their inner beings strive to fulfill their spousal duties.  But its a good thing they are ignoring their gut, all the yelling, blaming, irritating is half the fun and make those little tender "rabba ves" that much more special...

beatifully depicted. It's happened becoz they were destined to be together.God already made their pair in heaven. They also knew it, but couldn't accept it becoz of their ego.

No big reaction from him, but i think he is smitten over this cutie. Her child-like innocence always  hit a major chord with him.

He actually fall for her beauty at first. But later he was so fond of her child like antic.

I smelled a bit of jealousy.

I also think same. She already had a crush on Laad Governor.I know it's really painful to imagine him with other girl.

The strength of love and the need to protect them, so well  depicted between the two. Unfortunatly lots of lose ends when it came to the Gupta member's financial condition...

Khushi and her Dad sure shared a strong bond between them. Actually the cvs was kind of oblivious about the financial matter. First they showed Buaji own the house. Later they showed it was a rental property! Though this kind of bloopers are common in IPK.πŸ˜†