Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

cinthiann1758 thumbnail
Posted: 11 years ago

Originally posted by: indi52

hi cynthia, durga, ritu,

glad you all had so much fun with the hindi film bit. tell you i've often tried to deny its influence on me, but truth is, its part of environment, of growing up, of may be even some deeply held ideas. and always fun. never took itself too seriously, never did become pompous in sound or feel, and never stopped taking risks. love that part of it.

cynthia, i used to so want to see kissing and other scenes, never available those days, but today when i see it even on disney channel, something really distasteful in the brazen physicality all the time. takes so much away from romance and dreamy eyed lau. but of course there are great films from the west and many mindless movies from this side of the planet. do watch some good old "fillums," hindi or in other indian languages, they have a diff texture. and lots of song and dance. i just saw a new release "special 26." rather nice. πŸ˜ƒ

thanks for the "junglee" take, chahe koi mujhe junglee kahe... aw saira and shammi in the snow gamboling. she was so pretty in that peachy shalwar, and he uncontrollable as always.

ritu, mmm my hero, what a handsome boy he used to be. and devoted to his jennifer. shashi kapoor was the only one for whom my dil used to dhak dhak as a kid. just so good looking. and sometimes a rather fine actor too. what more can one ask for. here's the man and the song and crazy setting of the seventies (1971), my husband used to like the heroine (yeah we never said female lead), rakhee.

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=571G9MzqgNU[/YOUTUBE]
credit: uploader

Indi OMG just loved the video clip.  Just beautiful and I didn't understand the song but didn't need to their eyes said it all. That last scene of them gazing into each other's eyes left me with goosebumps!  Thank you for sharing!
cinthiann1758 thumbnail

Disclaimer:I would like to acknowledge that all my translations have been found on You Tube Videos translated by Alexa.   All credit of translation and my interpretation of her work is acknowledged.  All work I consider to be my own with the help of the translation.  If work is used please credit.  Thank you all for reading!

Episode 58

Spoiled!

The party is on!  A large gathering of friends and family here to celebrate the Jha's third wedding anniversary.  The atmosphere beautiful with scarves and sheers on the windows and twinkling lights shining through; it's just lovely.  The couple very handsome in their matching outfits.  It is time to cut the cake and Jai Prakash and Kushi are rolling it to the happy couple.  Kushi head is down as she walks to the place where the cake will be served.  She seems to know her place right now in the midst of all the beautiful people.  Shyam sees her and looks panicked and I don't know how or why DM saved him but his phone rings.  He tells Anjali he must take the call and leaves bumping into a guest.  It looks like the cake cutting ceremony may be Spoiled!

Kushi turns and looks up to see ASR who was walking over to the cake cutting station, he stops.  They gaze, she gets uncomfortable and leaves.  He looks sad, hurt with a little bit of anger mixed in.  Does he feel she lied to him about leaving? And why did she come back? (Thanks to someone for mentioning that in a review; sorry I forgot who!)  He needs to know was it for him?

Lavanya asks Nani how she liked her surprise.  Nani says to Anjali that she should let Ms. Kashyup know she chose a song which fit her but not the Raizada's and she is not surprised.  In the future she shouldn't do anything that defames the Raziada family.  She may not have character but the family does!   Spoiled again! 

Lavanya is frustrated, "God what does someone have to do around here to get a drink?"  She snaps her fingers, "Hey, you where are the gifts?"  The servant tells her they are at poolside," Okay, Go!"  Lavanya is a spoiled brat.

Shyam calls Anjali with a story about a friend who has had and accident and he is all alone with no family so he must go and help him.  He asks for forgiveness.  He twists the story so that she tells him its okay go.  She is sad and hurt and crying but he just doesn't care; he is out to save himself.  What is more important than celebrating with your wife on your anniversary? She asks him to come back as soon as possible.  Everything is spoiled for her.  This man is despicable.

Lavanya is at poolside sifting through the gifts for that one nugget of gold; here it is "I got it!"  It is a bottle of champagne. "Yumm!"

Anjali and ASR are together he senses a look about her is not right; she has tears in her eyes.  "Di, what happened?"  She tells him the story and he asks if she is okay.  He knows she is not.  "I'm fine", she says.  This is a beautiful scene of brother and sister's love.  He takes in a visible breath and tells her we can wait if you want.  She answers it wouldn't be good for the guests.  He answers her "I don't care about the guests, I care about you."  She lets him know she is okay and let's cut the cake.  He places a reassuring his hand on her shoulder.  He won't let this evening be spoiled for his sister.  He announces to everypone it is time to cut the cake.  They gather round and Mamji asks where Shyam is.  ASR answers he had something important he had to do.  Mami says he should be punished so we all should eat the cake so he won't have any.  He hands her the knife and she cuts the cake.  ASR feeds her the first bite, then Nani with whom she takes blessings, followed by Mami, Akash and the rest of the family and friends.  A guest asks where her husband went and ASR answers he had something important he had to do.  Anjali leaves there with tears in her eyes.  Yes he has spoiled everything.

Anjali is standing by the window and Kushi sees her and goes to her.  "Kushi?"  She answers, "I know why you are crying because your husband wasn't here to cut the cake with you, right?  But I am sure he had something very important he had to do, right?"  Anjali responds with today is a day that many tears have been shed.  Kushi understands.  "You waited on Teej but he came.  He came late but he came.  If you don't mind I would like to say something that came to me.  This party, this cake cutting are all for show.  The only real thing is a strong relationship between you and your husband.  A husband and wife relationship is not affected by customs, religion or money, the strength of the relationship is seen in the eyes, in the silence."  (Is she talking about them or her and ASR?)  Nani is simply smiling in the background listening to this young middle class girl's words of wisdom.  "And there is a smile when you think about it!"  She continues "You can cut the cake tomorrow.  If he left his wife as beautiful and loving as you, in the midst of a party, he must have had something important to do because I heard he loves you very much."  Kushi smiles, that infectious smile of eternal optimism (again thanks to someone), Anjali smiles and Nani smiles, "Yes that's it!" Anjali says, "You are very young but sound like a grown up!"  Nani walks over and nods at Kushi approvingly.  Kushi leaves to get the desserts.  ASR is silently watching her.  She didn't let Anjali's mood get spoiled!

La is in the kitchen opening up the bubbly. 

Mami enters, sabotage on her mind.  The lemons fall on the ground and when Mami goes to reach, she sees Lavanya drinking.  La takes a sip and sees Mami and downs the glass.  "What are you doing here?" Mami asks and Lavany asks, "What are YOU doing here?"  "Nothing." Ahem, ahem.  She shows her the lemon and says if she should add it to the drink it will taste better.  Lavanya says she is perfect, takes her bottle and says she is going to poolside for fresh air, eat, drink, and have fun!  She leaves and Mami goes to the desserts where she can do her damage.  She tastes them first and says they are good but sorry you girls must be stopped.

The Catering Manager says hurry its time for the sweets. The girls go into the kitchen and meet Mami who says she wanted something because the food was too spicy.  They look for something and she points out one from the box she has conspired to ruin.  She opens the box and complains it smells rotten.  Kushi is shocked and surprised, "What?"  Mami says they were made with sour milk; try it, she gives it to the manager who spits it out into his hanky.  YUCK!  Everything has been spoiled!

*(When you add lemon to milk it curdles it, making buttermilk and now I know why they mentioned in the last episode that those desserts were made with milk. Great job creatives!).

Kushi says she doesn't know what happened and the manager says he does.  She didn't want to come to this house and so she ruined the desserts so his name would be defamed.  Mami says don't pay. The Manager says the contract is over, nothing of yours will be served, so payment will not be made.

The new business plan has been spoiled!  Poor girls!  Nasty Mami!

Edited by cinthiann1758 - 11 years ago
bepatient thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: DurgaS

Just had a thought, wanted to share. What if there was a person, who had not seen IPK, met Barun in Kenya, saw the craze around him and then went home and started to watch IPK, what would be his reaction? He would never be able to believe what he would see on screen and would be blown over after meeting ASR. He would never be able to believe that he is the same person that he met. I can imagine what his facial expressions would be. πŸ˜† 

Arshi, Beautiful pics of a wonderful actor :)  Looks more and more like he loves the color blue !!

Durga, Hi I am Ritu here :) If someone sees IPK after experiencing the craze of Barun, they will understand where the craze is coming from.  A jolly good easy going fellow that Barun is ... the serious stringent rich businessman that ASR is.. two different personalities .. yet Barun did a commendable job :)) 
Loved the poem you wrote thinking of arnav and khushi ! so many talents on this one thread.. amazing :)
supriya.arshi thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3

Barun nd Daljeet in Kenya...Joint interview

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=M0NwUnU9fiE[/YOUTUBE]
indi52 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6

Originally posted by: cinthiann1758

Indi OMG just loved the video clip.  Just beautiful and I didn't understand the song but didn't need to their eyes said it all. That last scene of them gazing into each other's eyes left me with goosebumps!  Thank you for sharing!

glad you had fun, cynthia. a little ahem corny but so so cute. i'd forgotten how omg good looking shashi kapoor was. the song of course is sung by a great favourite, kishore kumar, and funnily, i just checked, music is by s. d. burman whose son r. d. burman, another great music director of our films, trained raju singh... the man who gave us rabba vey. connections everywhere, and the breeze swirls catching us all in it.

flowers bloom here, to bloom and merely scatter
hearts meet here, to meet and finally part...

a young handsome army officer stationed at the border is flirting with a beautiful girl who's visiting the hill station with her college friends. and so the story begins...

Edited by indi52 - 11 years ago
cinthiann1758 thumbnail

Originally posted by: ipkkndfan30

Arshi, Beautiful pics of a wonderful actor :)  Looks more and more like he loves the color blue !!

Durga, Hi I am Ritu here :) If someone sees IPK after experiencing the craze of Barun, they will understand where the craze is coming from.  A jolly good easy going fellow that Barun is ... the serious stringent rich businessman that ASR is.. two different personalities .. yet Barun did a commendable job :)) 
Loved the poem you wrote thinking of arnav and khushi ! so many talents on this one thread.. amazing :)

Thanks Arsh for posting!
The best thing about this young man is that he is funny,  strong willed but humble, and one great actor;  we know this because he is nothing like the character he portrays.  So there is the Talent!!
indi52 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6
hi all,

someone asked where did asr call khushi the coolest person he knows. found it: 23 october 2012 episode, which also had the banke lal thing.

and, i actually find a strange striking similarity between the basic character of barun and that of asr. dead straight, looks you in the eye, his own man, individualistic, unafraid of what people will say, says what he has to, no matter what you think. you know, the core is not too far. and i get the feeling, there are broken bits in barun too, that is what helped him find the heart, fears, torments of asr. my opinion. all are happily welcome to say nahiiin.

bepatient thumbnail
Episode 53

Stars and Wishes for everyone :)

An episode full of hope and faith.  Some wishing for thier pbms to go away, some wishing for a happy life for thier loved one,  some wishing to see thier loved one.  Some wishing for the day to pass !!

bepatient thumbnail

Originally posted by: indi52

hi all,

someone asked where did asr call khushi the coolest person he knows. found it: 23 october 2012 episode, which also had the banke lal thing.

and, i actually find a strange striking similarity between the basic character of barun and that of asr. dead straight, looks you in the eye, his own man, individualistic, unafraid of what people will say, says what he has to, no matter what you think. you know, the core is not too far. and i get the feeling, there are broken bits in barun too, that is what helped him find the heart, fears, torments of asr. my opinion. all are happily welcome to say nahiiin.

Barun at the start of ipk said there are no similarities between ASR and Barun.  ASR is a heavy duty kinda guy.. Barun said something like this !!  But later on in some interview, Barun also said there are some common features.. like they both love thier families, both are hardworking. 

Maybe somewhere deep inside there are some overlaps. But I feel all humans do have char traits that overlap in some way.
Crazy4IPK thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: supriya.arshi

@Sohara

its 57...not 87

"Khushi entered RM with lots of abhorrence.She was beseeching to DM not to face Arnav. Where Arnav's zeal for Khushi was constantly distracting him from the phone convo. Khushi rushed to the kitchen hearing ASR's voice. They were about to confront, but the passing panel of sheer curtain hid them from each other.It was beautifully taken shot with twinkling sound of Khushi's anklet and Rabba vey on the BG.πŸ‘" - i like your words πŸ˜Š nd yeah i agree...the almost part was amazin taken πŸ‘

" DM was in hurry to meet her with ASR!πŸ˜† She again heard Rakshas's voice and hid inside Anjali's room" πŸ˜† no wonder she's thin...she keeps runnin away from him πŸ˜‰

"Khushi's squeal he moved to the closet to check and found her there. she was covering her face with her hand like a child as if she won't be seen.It was such a cute scene how she opened one eye first and then slowly opened another. Khushi was somehow unique for her childlike antics. Seeing Arnav she jumped out from the closet and ran without giving him a chance to speak. Arnav almost caught her, but missed to grip. Beautiful scene again,how Arnav was trying to hold her flying dupatta.πŸ‘ 
Arnav was charged again to see Khushi" - very well written πŸ‘...i loved how u described Khushi...even i found tht scene very cute...πŸ˜† so true Arnav is chrarged up agn!...

"Anjali was a very sweet and down to earth person, just opposite of her Khadus bro
.πŸ˜†- yeah even i lik Anjali soft spoken kind hearted personality 😊

"her acrimony for this angelic girls, Khushi and Payal. " - loved how u called them angelic πŸ˜ƒ

"
But she didn't know that her laad Governor was restless to touch her and feel her." - yep he can nvr let go off his hold on her

"
While they were exchanging intense words, Arnav was actually holding her very closely. -
nd she nvr once complained it hurt 😊 i find tht very spl abt Khushi

" He will flee for sure. bhag DK Bose!🀣 

Thanks.
Hahaha. It was 3' o clock in the morning. May be my brain was not working properlyπŸ˜†.Thanks yaar. I edited .