Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

dqno1 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 10 years ago

Originally posted by: sweetsampa39

You know even after reading the update,I kept thinking about it and suddenly a thot popped into my my mind.

By breaking up with Geet didnt Maan just proved Geet's decision of not getting married,to be right? Didnt he just made all her fears come true.

A relationship which cant stand a lil shake of a situation,how cud it survive the larger 'Tremble' of time that life wud throw against Maaneet,when they are married!!!!!

Marriage is not a bed of roses,one has to be emotionally very strong to put your partner's views and decisions before yours.Its impossible to be selfless in real life but one has to take care of the Partner and at least sacrifice sm of his/her needs for one's better half.

I know I m going nowhere with this.Actually I m unable to put my words correctly unlike Avi [Avi mujhe tumse classes leni padhengi buddy๐Ÿ˜ณ ]

Basically I jst wanna say even Maan is not ready for marriage jst like Geet.He jst wants to own her like a beautiful trophy wife not like a life partner or soulmate who wants to remove her insecurities.

I think both Maaneet have a long way to go.

p.s-I was jst feeling to write all these after reading the update,so likh diya ๐Ÿ˜Š

lol Sampa. 

I agree with you in this situation.  I did not expect it from Maan either but then everyone has a breaking point and to want something so bad and see your friends get it but not you has made him break down.  On top of that she made him go to the celebration where he felt like a loser to begin with; then the rejection because she was drunk and let it out that she was not the one agreeing must have made him feel the lowest.

Kumari, please update soon otherwise I promise to keep posting my blah psycho no-knowledge...๐Ÿ˜† to torture your readers..๐Ÿ˜†

Padfoot_Prongs thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
how cud i miss this story??????๐Ÿ˜ฒ
Padfoot_Prongs thumbnail
@ kumari u hav written more..
lemme stalk you..

dqno1 thumbnail

Originally posted by: mannu_minnie

@ kumari u hav written more..

lemme stalk you..

๐Ÿ˜†  I'll help u Mannu
Padfoot_Prongs thumbnail

Originally posted by: dqno1

๐Ÿ˜†  I'll help u Mannu

just asking how many stories she has written if u know..

i got to know she is the writer of for the love of child..

i read it long back but missed last updates..

if u get to know abt others tell me avi...
dqno1 thumbnail

Originally posted by: mannu_minnie

just asking how many stories she has written if u know..

i got to know she is the writer of for the love of child..

i read it long back but missed last updates..

if u get to know abt others tell me avi...

This is the first one I am reading.  Sorry Mannu, maybe she will answer when she posts..๐Ÿ˜ƒ
kumari3 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 4
Hi guys! Many thanks if you left a comment on Chapter 5, please see individualized thank yous in directly below or in the post I put up earlier. :)

@ yappingduck - Thanks dear for your posts! :)

@ idunno - Awesome comment, thank you so much dear for sharing your thoughts! I agree that Maan may want to start a family and Geet's hesitancy would be troubling!

@ ritzy09 - Hi dear! Of course, I definitely remember you, thank you sooo very much again for all your amazing comments on For the Love of a Child! I always loved reading your feedback and it makes me so happy that you are following along with this one!  And thank you so much for your great and spot-on comments on this FF, I'm so happy that you liked it. :) Hope you are doing great! :)

@ dqno1 - Many thanks dear Avi for your great comments, just loved them! Please don't call them psycho comments or anything like that, lol! They are just amazing and I really appreciate you sharing your awesome thoughts! Also, your posts with Mannu in here were great lol! Thanks again dear. :)

@ mannu_minnie - Thank you so much dear for your comments, it makes me sooo happy that you had checked out For the Love of a Child and then found this one! Loved the exchanges that you had with Avi in here! lol!  These are the only stories, and thank you again for your interest, it really means a lot to me:

- This post itself (Tremble)

- For the Love of a Child (it is complete :)): https://www.india-forums.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=3175822

- The Bubbly Bride (it was for a one shot contest and we had to submit anonymously): https://www.india-forums.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=1475923&PID=33467291&#p33467291

Thanks again dear! Big hugs :)

@ Nav2010 - Thank you so much sweetie for your interest - I am planning to post the next part shortly! :) Edited by kumari3 - 10 years ago
kumari3 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 4
Hello sweethearts! Wow, all the feedback/likes on Chapter 5 were just amazing, thank you from the very bottom of my heart! If you left a comment, I replied here and here, and thank you so much again! Next chapter is below. :)

previous chapters: ch 1 - ch 2 - ch 3 - ch 4 - ch 5

Chapter Six

Cradling his slumbering niece Anjana in his arms, Maan carefully climbed the grand staircase of the Khurana mansion.  He and Anjana had spent the evening playing hide-and-seek.  Eventually, she had fallen asleep in a low kitchen cabinet, a scene that absolutely required Maan to snap a photo.

As luck would have it, Anjana's parents had gone out of town on business, and Maan had quickly volunteered to keep an eye on her until they returned.  Interacting with his lovable and innocent niece kept him afloat in the torrents of heartbreak.  It had been a week since he and Geet had parted ways, and the two had avoided each other like the plague at work.  Just thinking about her nearly brought him to his knees.

As Maan walked through the spacious hallways switching off the lights, he recalled Geet's outburst at Adi and Pinky's engagement party, at her striking him. Had he reacted too harshly when Geet had come over to confront him the next day?  Geet's shocked face as he slammed the front doors in her face flashed before his eyes, and he winced.

When had they become so toxic to each other?

Maan slipped little Anjana into her bed. She had her own room here, of course, and Maan suspected that he had bought her as many dresses and toys as her own parents had.  As he pulled the covers up to Anjana's chin, Maan's head started to throb.  

How many times had Maan imagined Geet as his wife giving birth to his child?  How many times had he anticipated bringing her and the newborn home from the hospital, surrounded by flowers and cards congratulating "Mr. and Mrs. Khurana"? How many times had he envisioned tucking their child into bed, as he had just done with Anjana?  *Too many times,* thought Maan. *And it was all for nothing.*

Kissing his niece gently on the forehead, Maan flicked on the nightlight and retreated to the master bedroom with a heavy heart.

---

Seated on a high-backed sofa in a large bookstore, Geet flipped through a magazine, barely registering the text or images.  She had been anxious to get out of her apartment, as staring at the walls was only worsening her overwhelming melancholy.  It had been a little over a week since Maan had slammed the door -- literally and figuratively -- on their relationship, and her heart remained freshly broken, her pride freshly wounded. 

How could Maan have said that she was nothing but a waste of time? How could he have made her feel as if he had done her a favor by dating her, as if she were beneath him? Yes, she had had too much to drink the night before, and, yes, she never should have slapped him, but did Maan really have to resort to verbally attacking her?

And, more importantly, why couldn't Maan ever attempt to understand that Geet's past still had a chokehold on her?  Just last night, she had had another nightmare vision about one of her stepfathers. This time, it was about how her mother's third husband had vanished in the middle of the night, only for Geet and her mother to see him in the park a mere week later, cozying up with another woman. 

So what if Geet's fears about her own relationship with Maan were unfounded? Why hadn't Maan loved her enough to help her sort out her troubled history? Instead of showing compassion, he had thrown her away like garbage. Is this how Maan would have reacted in *all* situations where they didn't see eye to eye?  Maybe it was for the best that they weren't together. . . .

But in her heart of hearts, Geet knew she was only fooling herself. She gulped down a mouthful of steaming hot chocolate, tasting nothing. Maan had been more than her significant other.  He had been her best friend, her closest confidant.  Her protector.  Geet took another tasteless sip and wondered if her sadness would actually cause her to give up the ghost.

Leaning forward to set down her mug, Geet caught a glance at the Children's Section, one floor below.  She gasped. Was that Maan she saw?  Yes, it definitely was -- Geet would be able to recognize even his shadow.

Maan appeared to be holding a child's hand, and he was talking to a woman.  Because they were all standing a full story down, Geet couldn't clearly make out anyone except for Maan.  As she watched Maan and the woman burst into laughter, Geet's mind began to spin manically.  Had Maan somehow already gotten into a relationship with someone else and had a full-sized child in a week?! No, that wasn't possible, right?

Geet was being silly, she knew. Obviously, Maan knew other women and had conversations with them, such as females from work.  Still, Geet couldn't help but digging her fingernails into her palm to keep a wave of tears at bay.  An overbearing sensation began to claw its way through her veins.

Desperation.

---

"Say hello to Miss Zoya, sweetheart," Maan prompted.  He and Anjana had stopped by a bookstore for additional bedtime story material, and had bumped into Zoya, one of Maan's most talented architects, on the way out.

"Hi, sweetie," Zoya greeted, stooping down to Anjana's level. "How are you today?"

Anjana giggled, stepping bashfully behind Maan.

"Anjana's a little shy," said Maan apologetically, squeezing his niece's hand affectionately.

"No problem," Zoya said, smiling. "She's so adorable she doesn't have to say a word. What are you two up to tonight?"

"Eating ice cream," Anjana piped up from her hidden position.

Maan and Zoya laughed in unison.

"What about you?" Maan asked. He rarely made small talk, particularly these days when he felt like he was walking through fog due to his situation with Geet, but Zoya and other members of his top team were an exception.

"Probably just me with a good book," Zoya replied, waving her arms around at the abundant shelves surrounding them.

"Sounds good," said Maan, readjusting in his grip the large-sized children's hardcovers he had purchased. "See you."

"See you," said Zoya. She peeked around Maan and winked at Anjana. "Bye-bye, sweetie."

"Bye-byeee, Miss Zoya," sang Anjana, still hiding behind her uncle.

Maan and Zoya laughed again, waved good-bye, and went their separate ways.

---

At work the following week, Maan pulled out his wallet as he made his way through the main lobby of Khurana Construction.  He had wrapped up early, and the lobby was deserted at this time of day.  He was planning to purchase a candy bar from the first-floor cafe for Anjana before picking her up from school.

"Maan Sir," came a soft voice from the left.

Maan stopped in his tracks and followed the sound.

Geet.

From her ashen face, Maan could tell that Geet had suffered as many sleepless nights as he had. 

Still, she was beautiful.

Maan licked his dry lips as Geet drew near.  This would be the first time in several days that the two had been in each other's direct presence.  For a moment, they simply stared at each other. 

What was there left to say?

Swallowing hard, Maan spoke first. "How . . . how have you been?"

Geet fleetingly considered lying, but then decided that it was best to forego the charade. "Can we please talk, Maan Sir?"

Maan nodded slowly.

"Maan Sir, I'm so sorry," said Geet in a rush, tears beginning to cascade down her face. "For what I said at the party, for physically striking you, for . . . for everything.  I never meant to string you along, or to make you feel like you weren't good enough."

Maan sighed, running the pads of his thumbs over Geet's cheeks and wrapping her into a hug. "I'm sorry, too, Geet.  I reacted harshly and said a lot of things I didn't mean. I was just angry."

Geet silently soaked up his embrace.  It had been too long since she had felt Maan's arms around her.

"And Maan Sir, I want to tell you something else, too," said Geet.  She sniffled, gathering her courage. "If the only way for us to be together is to be husband and wife, then . . . . I'm willing to do that." She looked up at him, devotion shining in her eyes. "If it makes you happy, then I will marry you."

Maan hugged her tighter and Geet smiled, a facial movement she had almost forgotten how to perform. At least now she wouldn't have to worry about random women in bookstores chatting him up.

"If only you knew how long I was waiting for you to agree to marriage," murmured Maan against Geet's hair.  He squeezed her once again before releasing her.

Geet let out a nervous giggle. "Yes, and I --"

"But I'm sorry, sweetheart," said Maan, stepping back and looking pained. "I only want to marry someone who actually wants to marry me, too. Not because she thinks it will make me happy." Maan could already see it now -- Geet growing to resent him in later years, claiming that he had forced her into marriage.

Geet shook her head, hopelessness overcoming her features. "Maan Sir --"

"And, to be totally honest," Maan stated, choking up slightly, "I don't believe you that you would follow through with getting married."  Maan could easily envision Geet breaking their potential engagement.  Just a few days ago, she had been dead-set against marriage, for all the world to know. Who was to say she wouldn't revert to her old ways?

"I thought . . . I thought . . . that this would make you happy," said Geet brokenly. If it were possible, she had grown even paler.

But Maan was already walking away, hot tears blurring his vision.

She had burned his utopia down once. 

He wouldn't let her do it again.

---

Thank you very much for reading! <3 If you left a comment on Chapter 5 (the previous chapter), I  responded here and here. :) Edited by kumari3 - 10 years ago
dqno1 thumbnail
I love the moments with Maan and his Niece. They are absolutely the moments of a loving person who craves to give his love to someone.
Geet on the other hand is having nightmares about relationships. That cannot be a person who can easily get into a relationship just like that.
She is getting very desperate for him. Part of love is this desparation and she doesn't know it.
Maan walking away was the right thing to do but heart breaking too. No one should have to settle in life and maybe it is his love for her that he doesn't want her to settle either.

Loved the update. Thanks.Edited by dqno1 - 10 years ago
daredevilisback thumbnail
You are Awesome yr...

What an emotional part...
You have made me permanant cry baby๐Ÿ˜ญ
so heart wrenching parts,,,,

I'm completly fall n in love with your writing styleโค๏ธ

plz continue soon!!!!!!