Blast from the Past Thread #8, pg 126, ep 98

indi52 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 11 years ago

jalebis, anyone?

it feels good to wait for monday again. and this monday begins a journey to the most dishy act with jalebis, which will, post a minor besan detour, take us all the way to a room by a dhaba on the road to nainital. hope you're ready as we start out on thread #8.

but before the sweet, something salty, a delicious treat
a tear rolling down when it least expected to and a pair of eyes looking at it with utter confusion and that something else which we've been trying to figure out for several months now, almost two years really. research still incomplete and so back we are for a second round of ipk, episode 88 on the agenda next. ah, the thirst for knowledge, of course that's what brings us here every day and makes us cogitate, agitate, analyse, write poetry, quote songs, create collages, edits, and race through threads at breathless pace.

but still we can't keep up with the thing that makes asr fight with khushi, and khushi give it right back to him. "shut up!" "aap shut up!"; "what nonsense!" "aap nonsense"; "
sorry hai ya gold medal...!" "di, mujhe lag raha mein paagal ho rahan hoon." oh, may these two never stop. and believe us, whatever anyone or your sugar count might say, jalebis are good for you. get your bite right here... join us and have a wink... what?... wink wink wink... huh??!

it's lovely to see you at the

Welcome to the dhaba, BFTP eight
Variety dishes we serve on your plate
Reviews, pictures, poems; for your appetite to satiate
Your regular visits, we'll always appreciate

thanks to all the makers of banners/collages/poem here 
the opening banner is made by ArshiHamesha and Risha_ipkknd. the second banner is created by Roshini1494. 
supriya.arshi has designed banners 3 and 4. the poem inviting all comes from DurgaS.

Please scroll down for Rules, Index and more IPK love!

Edited by indi52 - 11 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

indi52 thumbnail

and if you're wondering about rules no. 8 and 9... they are: have fun and have lots of faraq.

.  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  . Moving On
                                           by wiwy  

I spoke to Barun over the phone on 7 March When I asked him to give  a message to his fans on BFTP, he told me to thank everyone and hoped that we would watch all his movies. Somewhere at the back of my mind, I wanted to  ask him to deliver his trademark,"What the..!", "Unbelievable!" and " Tum theek ho? " But I did not ask him to do so. On hindsight I think, I felt although Barun knew he owed his fandom to IPK, he had moved on, and rightly so, to his bigger dream...Bollywood⭐️

In the days following my conversation with Barun, I wondered whether we on BFTP, had moved on too? It seems my fellow-Blasters  read my thoughts and promptly gave me the answer I was seeking. Oh yes! Like our dreamboat we too had moved on to a bigger dream... A simple, selfless bond which transcended the world of our family, our responsibilities, our mundane daily chores! We had moved on to a world in which friendship existed for the sake only of friendship... beyond political boundaries, beyond social position, beyond economic wealth! πŸ˜Š

We were there for Cynthia when her beloved mom left her, to be with her dad, forever. We talked fondly of the perseverance of Samin and Cynthia's dad. We were proud of Arshi for pulling herself together at such a young age and going on with her life and responsibilities. We became doctors for Katelyn's son when he had a bad bout of asthma. We kept Durga's kaala tika ready for all those who dared to fall ill like BD, Arshi, Cynthia and Chalhov or had scary accidents like Samin. We longed to hear from Chalhov when she was out of town. We worried about Anita when she disappeared for a bit. We applauded the special appearances made by Goofy, Rebecca, Sugi and other stars.  We let our founder member Doc go so that she could return with a better future. We hoped Sohara would pass her exams with flying colours. W
e demanded  a birthday index for the Blasters when we missed Supriya's birthday. We made BD understand that age was not an advantage or disadvantage when it came to drooling over ASR! Phew! We did it all! πŸ˜Š

When IPK was originally telecast, most of us did not even know each other! But when the serial ended, we reinvented it on this thread in our individual styles and in the process, we discovered each other as special friends, close to our heart... and getting closer!  Indi, in a PM to me on the issue of revisiting IPK, and bonding with friends, quoted Keats πŸ‘

"A thing of beauty is a joy for ever
Its loveliness increases..." Need I say more?

which brings us to a most puzzling thing

Riddle No. 6:πŸ˜²πŸ˜ƒ

When did Aakash cry his heart out?

Answer

collage by supriya.arshi
indi52 thumbnail
INDEX

All the promos are posted and discussed in the above thread.

Episodes 1 - 9 are posted in the above thread.

Blast from the Past #2

Episodes 10 - 31 are posted in the above thread.

Blast from the Past #3

Episodes 32 - 51 are posted in the above thread.

Blast from the Past #4

Episodes 52 - 62 with promos, Valentines thoughts and more.

Blast from the Past #5

Episodes 63 - 70 with promos and more.

Blast from the Past #6

Episodes 71 - 78 with promos and holi vm's/celebrations.

Blast from the Past #7

Episodes 79 - 87 with promos, sbs segments and vm's.

Blast from the Past #8

EPISODE #95

EPISODE #96

SBS/SBB for Episode 97

EPISODE #98

Blast from the Past #9

❀️

The Drool Corner: Origin and Significance...πŸ˜ƒ

by BarunDiwani

As I surfed India-Forums in all my agony over losing the best show ever, i found a beam of hope in a post made by Doc and Risha. "Blast from the Past"... relive the show all over again? Sign me up!!

Since the very first episode re-aired on this thread I started making a mini pictorial analysis of each episode and while taking snapshots of scenes I wanted to write about, I couldn't help but drool over this magnificent creature called Barun Sobti. I just had to include, so I dedicated my left corner at the end of each analysis to his drool pics.

A little Barun never hurt anyone πŸ˜‰. I'd like to thank a dear friend @Katelyn, who always encouraged the drools along with the writing in the beginning, πŸ€—.Eventually it needed a name... a corner of drools? Hmmm, the name came easy. Since then, the "corner" has been blessed and showered with love and adoration by so many lovely people, I feel it has become as significant for them as much as it is for me.

It really does make my day better to stare at them. I'd like to add that over 50 analysis later, the excitement of adding these drools at the end has only increased. THANK YOU BARUN SOBTI FOR BEING SO DAMN HOT!!!!!!!! mmmuuuwwwaaa. With that said, in celebration of Thread #8...I leave you with:

Drools coming soon to a "Blast" near you 

DurgaS thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
 The success of the BFTP thread is due to the number of contributors who have shown their utmost love and affection and encouraged one another in this journey.

Here's an intro of our contributors,
Alanki and Risha, they are original thread creators
Sia's been a good friend, she gave a helping hand
Following are the names, forming rest of our band

Cynthia is good at doing saute, episode titles are her forte
ArshiHamesha is our teacher, in knowledge no one can beat her
Our thread maker is Indi, her prose is like poetry
With Ami you're a goner, she's got a drool corner
Samin's work is sleek, her reviews are unique
Anita's takes are neat, her sarcasm is a treat
Sohara writes like a breeze, now vms too, for us to please

Our very precious Chalhov, full of songs is her treasure trove
With Supriya, the thread lits, her amazing picture edits,
Katelyn brings in a delicious flavour, Promos and VMs to savor
Ritu does some tricks, with her hilarious picture comics
Ever joyful Wiwy, her riddles are quite witty

Rebecca's reviews are short, but she manages to say a lot
Charlotte highlights the main points, within a few lines
Goofy is the silent reader, but her praises are louder
DSNair, Ragvir, AR Eternal Love, they too are adding to this love
Durga is my name, rhyming is my game

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
 ~ ~ I N D E X ~ ~
 +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Some of our contributors have been regularly posting their work on the threads. Here is an index of their works.

For impactful analysis and hilarious comments

For detailed analysis replete with symbolisms, connections, pauses

For indepth analysis and the superhit drool corner

For picture stories and songs

For detailed takes and interesting titles

For original poems and parodies

For reviews that make you glide through the air and water

For a collection of promos, vms, sbs/sbb videos

For out of the box reviews of episodes

For analysis replete with new words and vms

For amazing picture collages and episodic pictorial edits

For some mind-boggling riddles

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Rendezvous
with the IPK stars by the blasters

highfive.gif

Some of our blasters have been lucky to interact with the IPK stars in different ways.

1. Ami managed to send a letter to Sarun  😳 

2. Katelyn has met Sanaya at the Artesia festival πŸ˜ƒ

3. Wiwy has had a phone conversation with Barun  ☺️

4. Indi wrote a note on behalf of Team Sobtians which Barun read, intently  πŸ˜‰

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ajeeb Hain Dono

[Both are strange]

by:ArshiHamesha

Arnav and Khushi two star crossed lovers have so much in common and so much in difference that we have to stop for a pondering moment to think how the ocean chastised to this shore , a shore which became his reason to survive , a shore which provided him the blanket of comfort which he was missing since 14, a shore which  brought his smile ,his happiness and joy ,a shore which anchored his directions towards life in such a way that the distance between them got embarrassed to hide itself in deep oceanic waves of their

LOVE and PURITY.

The shore dealt with the ferocity of the ocean and lost its smoothness but remained stand on its position to tackle the last storm until its own strength emerged right from this storm which made this ocean not only calm but also tamed one with

LOVE and FAITH.

The shore got filthy by the surrounding of lingering worthless debris thrown upon by FATE but ocean was right besides lying down giving its support always by its oceanic waves with

LOVE AND HATE.

The strangeness occurred when the shore was protecting the ocean for not mixing with worthless debris, in return the ocean was protecting the shore spreading its waves getting filthy with the debris by itself to save its shore and the treasure within the ocean by

LOVE and FORCE.

They both became strange when debris itself couldn't breath in the deep oceanic LOVE and PURITY and died because of the strength of this deep LOVE and FAITH  even in the state of  LOVE and HATE as this wavy encounter bonded by LOVE and FORCE but that's how this  strange love emerged by

LOVE and FATE.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Beauty and the Beast
 by Cinthiann1758

Picture credit: supriya.arshi 

Once upon a time there was a young woman from Lucknow named Khushi Kumari Gupta and in her pretty princess like body was a zany, naive but feisty girl who placed her Goddess Devi Maiyya in charge of everything in her life. Her family, traditions and customs were most important to her. She and her sister were forced to leave Lucknow and live with their Buaji in Delhi all because of a Rakshas, a fiery dragon, a Beast, one Mr. Arnav Singh Raizada aka ASR, Chote, Arnav.

He treated her rudely, he destroyed her reputation, he broke her sister's marriage holding her captive for ruining his debut fashion show, and to boot when she left Lucknow she ran into him again in a minor car accident, where he insulted her again!

Devi Maiyya stepped in and Kushi became his employee under a 15 day contract, the stipulations if she left earlier than the 15 days she would owe the company 1 lakh rupees. ASR tried his best to further destroy this girl but there was something about her he was secretly drawn to. She became a constant thought in his head and with each passing thought he became more and more the Beast!  He wanted to push her away; a girl like this had no place in his life as well as any type of feelings or emotions.  After all he was Arnav Singh Raizada, a fashion tycoon, where money was his God, so there was no room in his cement heart for such trivialities. ASR put forth tasks for Kushi that he thought would be impossible for her to accomplish but alas our princess overcame them all.  Even through danger, humiliation and abuse this princess's heart was drawn to this man.

She no longer works for his company but for his sister, Anjali, training his live in girlfriend, Lavanya, to be a perfect bahu for the Raizada family.  No longer working at AR Designs but now in his home, Kushi has entered his personal space. This infuriates him, no longer out of sight out of mind, now she is closer to him than ever causing his heart to long for her; it aches just gazing at her.  He must find a way to end this connection but Devi Maiyya and ASR's Nani have other plans in store for this
 Beauty and the Beast

Come join us and see as we relive and review Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IBNXacAewQw - direct Link

[YOUTUBE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IBNXacAewQw
[/YOUTUBE]

Credit: Uploader

Edited by DurgaS - 11 years ago
DurgaS thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3

SYMBOLISMS AND IPK

by ArshiHamesha

IPK in its individuality and uniqueness has reached to its high limits. My eyes reach for the stars, the moon, the sun, the circles, the pickle jars, the key ,the limes, the pearls, the anklet, the sweets, the reflections, the shadows, the colors, the numbers,the time , their positions in certain scenes, their eyes and its positions, and much much more. My reason to adore this show is not only the perfect couple and their mesmerized & cohesive effect on us but to see the approach of writers through these symbols. Each one has its own meaning and cohesiveness with the characters and the show. Here are some.

Circles like moon, sun, picklejars, shows roller coaster ride of love and hate among these relations and how protective and possessive these sacred relations are handled by each one of them in this Story. How these gems are treasured with love and selfless acts by putting aside their own pain and pride.The story of Arnav, Khushi and Anjali with others who are pulling the strings of emotions along with other elements to protect the sacred love among them.

Pearls are like emotions and represents stars, wishes, pains, purity of hearts and eyes through which they acknowledge each other. The stars are the symbols of their parents who are watching them over. The most of the time.

Shadows shows dual sides, one which we all see and others know and the other which only we know about ourselves and that is hidden one. Only few can see through those. Just like Arnav and Khushi was the only one who could reach to that level to alleviate his pains but she always entangled herself in mirror Reflections as she was unable to see her true Aranvji in the beginning. On the other side Reflections through glasses shows the deceitfulness as you know the truth but hiding it from others and playing with it or vice versa as our Shyam's character is.

Khushi is the Key to unlock these reflections and to merge the shadows to the reality to see and show the real face of it. Arnav is the Sun, a protector of this key against all the odds as her Anklet and pearls are gems to treasure of her but for him.

Pickle jars which are full of pickles, oil and goodies represent treasuring love and cherishing it as Khushi is not only the key but is treasurer of love and respect among all especially Arnav and Anjali. She will herself will be a treasure of All especially to Arnav because she is the key of his survival. Colors tell story of surroundings and how these shape up these characters deeply as Lime color represents new opportunities and possibilities which Khushi and Arnav both are getting to reach to a common goal to be one soul.    

The numbers, the time, and their positions tell the story within story at those moments to take it to next level. This one is one of my favorite as Arnav Vs Eye of Horus "A protector" and "A man of action" as he is and proved it to All especially his Di and His Khushi, his key of survival and his Divine soul mate.

ELEMENTS SUCH AS WATER, EARTH, AIR, AND FIRE ARE ALL OVER TO SHOW US THE STRENGTH OF THE RELATIONSHIPS IN OUR LIFE IN DIFFERENT WAYS AND IN DIFFERENT CIRCUMSTANCES β€οΈ IPK IS FULL OF THESE SYMBOLSAND ELEMENTS TO SHOW US A NEW LEVEL OF STRENGTH OF FAITH AND TRUST IN THESE RELATIONS. BRAVO TO MAKERS AND ALL THE TEAMπŸ‘πŸ‘πŸΌ

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

ARSHI'S SANGEET 
(by Samin)

Episode 78-79.
We all have been in ARSHI land. Now that we are there and felt it there let us remember ARSHI sangeet ceremony at the context of these episodes.

Sangeet song 4 : Mujhse shaadi Karogi and asking Khushi will You marry me when in the two episodes we learnt one thing loud and clear, " He does not believe in marriage."

Sangeet song 3 : Pehla Pehla pyaar hain:
Pehla pehla pyaar hain pehli pehli baar hain, jaan ke bhi anjana aisa mera yaar hain-  The beauty of first love. It was the first day of hiding mein loveria. On the very first day there was such an intensity in Our Arnavji's actions. He was conscious that Lavanya was wearing a dress like Khushi, he landed extra ears when Khushi was mentioned (after all pehla pehla pyaar hain). He was trying to act Jaan ke bhi anjana when he said to La- You are trying to be middle class like Khushi. At the same time was concerned when he thought there was some trouble in her family and had to just call her after Lavanya's marriage proposal. Now what can we do when Khushi's yaar Arnav is like that.
Uski nazar palko ke chilman se mujhe dekhti--So feisty Arnav is aware of Khushi's gaze from under the dupatta,  when she stops after she sees him and just stares at him and when she is trying to avoid his angry stance.
Uski haya- Apni hi chahat ka raaz kholti -- Sneaky Arnav is aware when she shyly looks back at him after the dupatta falls on her, when she stops dancing because she is ashamed of dancing in front of him ,when instead of confronting his anger she just disconnects and  when she pretends to be sick and just flees.
Sare Jahan se Juda Aisa mera pyaar hain:  Arnav had indeed kept his love for Khushi at a different place from the rest of his world which included his di, Mami, La, Akash and Mama. He seriously had thought he could hide his love. Not many girls would do what Khushi has done. She herself could not make Jilebis for Arnav but was training La to make those for him, her goal was not only make La marry Arnav but alsochange Arnav's outlook of marriage.  According to Khushi- " Aapke Khushi ke bare mein sochna hamare farz hain or hum apne farz nibhate rahenge bina kisi rukawat ke."
 [YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KX8nNMpQzq8[/YOUTUBE]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KX8nNMpQzq8

Sangeet song 2
 If reminiscing these episodes with that song it would be objective to think that Mami had actually guessed Arnav was falling for Khushi aka," Hiding mein loveria".
-When Mami comes and says,  "Arnav bitwa tum Phati saree ke class lewat ho ka"- I think she actually meant he is forgetting that though he loves her, and thinks she is his property she actually is not.
-When Arnav bitwa brings water for Khushi and throws it away Mami comes out of no where- hinting she knew why Arnav had brought the water and for whom.
- When Nani asks, "Where is Khushi bitiya" in the breakfast table- immediately our Arnav bitwa looks at Nani (after all initial days of hiding mein loveria pehla pyaar hain) and Mami ji notices that.
-Mami saw that the Mannat ki Chabi was something very important for Khushi. Now she knows how a mannat ki chabi looks like and she also knows that Arnav bitwa went for a mannat in that darga. Now she may have just put 2+2.

Sangeet Song -1
 Aate jate dono takraye ' or phir baji unki pyaar ki ghanti. Let us think of how they bump each other when Khushi was leaving with the legendary tum thik ho, the first time her ear rings and dupatta play a role in binding them together.
-In the sangeet dance Mami was actually wearing the dress in episode of garam chai.So I am assuming Mami made hari prakash leave and went to parlour on purpose to leave our lovebirds sort themselves out on themselves.
- We learn from
Anjali for Arnav, "Gusse me muhabbat lipti main in baat akhon mein dikhti hain" In this two episodes Arnav was furious with Khushi in words, no wonder Khushi was finding ways to flee from him to avoid that anger. Wonder why she was not looking at his eyes becaus in those eyes we saw the hidden love for Khushi
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qzz0vSNKfvA
[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=Qzz0vSNKfvA[/YOUTUBE]
Edited by DurgaS - 11 years ago
Mysticaldivine thumbnail
Hey Blasters Congratulations on our new thread

Special thnx to our captain Indi and her co captain Durga for keeping it running and swinging smoothly.πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘  β­οΈπŸ‘πŸΌ

We all deserve a big hand of applause for keeping this thread as shining star over this Forum.

Edited by ArshiHamesha - 11 years ago
wiwy thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 5
Superb editorial, Indi! Oo la la! Am warming up to the jalebis and Nainital and the
 wink, wink, wink!πŸ˜†

And what is this! A poem by indi !

And  what the! Where is the FF you promised to TRY to pen?!  What the!
indi52 thumbnail

Originally posted by: wiwy

Superb editorial, Indi! Oo la la! Am warming up to the jalebis and Nainital and the
 wink, wink, wink!πŸ˜†

And what is this! A poem by indi !

And  what the! Where is the FF you promised to TRY to pen?!  What the!

thanks, wiwy,

only thing, the poem is by our resident poet, durga. not me. πŸ˜†. get ready to receive some flying jalebis from her. i will write a meaningless but utterly magical story, soon. okay? actually what i really want to write is a song for asr. he already has his music... so why not a song. surely blast can give him his very own gana.

Katelyn thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 6
Someone special wants to congratulate us!! 

Thank you dear Captian Indi and Co-captian Durga for a beautiful and smooth sailing of our special ship!! πŸ‘β­οΈ πŸ€—  We are heading deeper into the deep blue sea (Arnav/Barun)! πŸ˜† Thanks to all Blasters for making this second voyage amazing!! ⭐️ πŸ‘β­οΈ   Love you all!!  heart_beat1.gif heart_beat1.gif heart_beat1.gif heart_beat1.gif heart_beat1.gif heart_beat1.gif heart_beat1.gif heart_beat1.gif heart_beat1.gif heart_beat1.gif heart_beat1.gif

Edited by Katelyn - 11 years ago
wiwy thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 5
HEY DURGEY!⭐️

RENDEZVOUS WITH IPK STARS IS A FANTABULOUS POST! πŸ‘
KATELYN WAS THE FIRST ONE TO DISCLOSE HER MEETING WITH SANAYA! GLAD OUR CHUPA RUSTAMS INDI AND BD HAVE SHARED THEIR EXPERIENCE TOO! πŸ˜ƒ