Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

trpbabe thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 11 years ago
Great update just like the description of coffee in your siggie.! Keep writing...
sneaky-aj thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
 awww!!!  Rakshas in a Ricksha...smiling!!πŸ˜³πŸ˜†
awesome update!!

Edited by sneaky-aj - 11 years ago
aashshhs thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2
Awww so sweet...let the devil sleep for a bit longer :) :) :)
Happy-go-lucky thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Cute Khushi and her equally cute ideas... glad that our Arnav bitwa (or to be specific, the angel) approves of it :-) Edited by Happy-go-lucky - 11 years ago
arshifan04 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Networker 3 Thumbnail
Fabulous one.Read it in one go...Loved it very much...Plz pm me when u next update... Update soon..
.furrii. thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
AWESOME LIKE EVERYTIME!  πŸ˜ƒ
SA_nimk thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
what a nice story!!

looking forward to reading more!!

plzzz PM me in future!!
warriorprincess thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 7
Part 13

Khushi saw him from the corner of her eye - wow, who would have thought - Rakshas in a Ricksha...smiling!! 

Little did she know that Arnav was a very well travelled ricksha passenger. Arnav remembered all the trips he, ma and di would make in Lucknow... the sound of Dharmender-ji's voice broke his reverie.

'Challo Khushi Putar - baathao pehle kahaan janna hai?' asked Dharmender-ji.

Khushi pondered the question for a second. Devi Maiya, I don't think Arnav-ji has ever been in a ricksha before, so I think we better drop him home first, otherwise he won't know what to do. Yesthat's a good idea, thought Khushi. Just as she was about to speak, Arnav-ji spoke up.

'Umm Dharmender-ji, we can drop Khushi first and then me'.

Dharmender-ji eye-balled him again from the rear view mirror as if he was assessing Arnav's character. Dharmender-ji recalled how the suit boot had step up in front of Khushi as he was coming out of the shack. His gut told him the suit boot was a good boy. And with that as Arnav and Dharmender-ji exchanged glances, they passed a mutual nod of respect between the two of them.

'Ok Ji,' said Dharmender-ji.

Khushi looked at Arnav. Bad idea. No she better watch out for him.

'Nahi Dharmender-ji, aap hum baad mein chood dijye,' she insisted.

Arnav bit back a smile. She really thought he was clueless and she was protecting him. He'd never had anyone to protect him before and not in a million years had he ever anticipated that his protector would take the form of Ms Khushi Kumari Gupta. He spoke up.

' Dharmender-ji, it's ok, agar Khushi itna keh rahi hai, aap mujhe pehle Shanti Bhavaan mein chood dijiye. Thank you.'

Khushi was astounded. The great Arnav Singh Raizada was giving up without a fight. He must really feel out of his depth here she thought as she smiled. That's ok Arnav-ji, you can see how the ordinary public lives life, she thought.

They pulled up in front of the biggest house she's ever seen. Wow, you could fit all of Laxmi Nagar into this compound she thought.

Arnav stepped out of the ricksha and walked around to Dharmender-ji.

'Apka bahut sukhriya ke apne humari itne raat gaye maadat ki,' said as he thanked Dharmender-ji. Arnav pulled out his wallet and gave him 10000 rupees. Dharmender-ji protested that it was too much and returned the money and Arnav responded 'please aap maana maat kijeye' he said quietly. Dharmender-ji recognised a look of respect when he saw one and acknowledged it by accepting the money.

Khushi watch silently. She didn't quite know what to make of the exchange that she was witnessing, but what she did know was that it was definitely not rakshas like behaviour.

Dharmender-ji started the ricksha and pulled away from Shanti Bhavan towards Laxmi Nagar.

Meanwhile Arnav walked up the steps and rang the doorbell.

Akash nearly dropped his cup of tea. Crap, bhai was home. He steeled himself up and prepared to get told off.

Hari Prakash opened the door and Arnav strode in and smiled at Akash.

'Hi Akash, hows it going?' he asked. Before Akash could reply, Arnav continued 'I'm really quite tired so I might hit the sack now. Goodnight,' he said as he smiled at Akash.

Akash flopped onto the couch. Huh? What was that all about? How come bhai wasn't shouting the place down as he normally did when he was mad, wondered Akash. Must be all the work tension, maybe bhai needed a holiday.

Arnav asked Hari Prakash to bring his dinner to the room. He walked into his room and shrugged off his coat, loosened his tie and sat on his recliner as he fired up his laptop.

Time to schedule the next conversation with Ms. Gupta.

To: Khushi Kumari Gupta (khushikumarigupta@ar_corp.com)
Sent: 8 August 2012, 1:25am
Re: Next Mentoring Session
__________________________________________________________________________________________________

Ms Gupta
I suggest we discuss the next phase of your business proposal today evening at 6:30pm.
RR.

Arnav began to work through emails waiting for his attention when he heard the ping signalling an incoming email. Frowning, he wondered who was emailing him at this hour. He clicked on his inbox icon.

From: Khushi Kumari Gupta  (khushikumarigupta@ar_corp.com)
Sent: 8 August 2012, 1:27am
__________________________________________________________________________________________________
Dear RR-ji
Thank you for your email. I will make sure I am on time.
Khushi Kumari Gupta.

Arnav sat up straight; a frown appeared on his forehead. What the hell was she doing online at this hour and more importantly where was she he wondered. She said that she didn't have a computer at home - had she been lying? Arnav's fingers flew across the keyboard at lightning speed as he stabbed out a response. Then hit backspace immediately. He couldn't just come out and ask her that question directly. Bugger. He began typing again.

To: Khushi Kumari Gupta (khushikumarigupta@ar_corp.com)
Sent: 8 August 2012, 1:31am
Ms Gupta
Isn't it a bit late for you to be up?
RR

That's it, slow and steady Raizada, he thought to himself.

She hasn't lied to you yet, why do you think she's start now chided the angel quiet. Shhh!! Whispered the devil.

Ping.

Sent: 8 August 2012, 1:34am
Dear RR-ji

Yes RR-ji it is late and I just got from work and had only just fallen asleep but the phone woke me up. You see I thought about it and decided that a businesswoman always should be reachable so I used all my salary for this month and bought a new phone. It's just like the one my boss uses and he uses the best, so I thought I should get this one and now it makes noise for everything - email, chat, weather. I can't make it stop.

Khushi Kumari Gupta.
p.s isn't it too late for you to be up too - don't business leaders need beauty sleep?

See I told you, she'd wouldn't lie to you, shouted the angel.

Arnav smiled as he read her response. Only Khushi could babble on email just as well as she could in person. And then he laughed out as his eyes read the last line. Beauty sleep huh.

To: Khushi Kumari Gupta  (khushikumarigupta@ar_corp.com)
Sent: 8 August 2012, 1:37am

Ms Gupta
Beauty sleep is going to be the first thing you will have to give up if you want to become a successful businesswoman.
I suppose now that we are talking at this hour, I might as well ask - have you made the amendments I suggested to the business plan and secondly what sort of response have you had from financial lending institutions?
RR
p.s good to hear that your boss good taste in electronics.

Arnav waited.

Sent: 8 August 2012, 1:41am
Dear RR-ji
That's ok; Devi Maiya has been good to me so I'm sure a little less sleep won't hurt. Besides, when I make this business a success, my babuji's happiness will make up for any hard work I have to do.
I contacted 2 banks but they said no. They said they won't give me a loan because I don't have anything to offer as security. I even offered to use my ma's jewellery, but they still said no.  I am going to call more banks tomorrow.
Khushi Kumari Gupta

Arnav frowned but wasn't surprised. In the current economic climate, banks were more hesitant than ever to finance loans. Arnav's superfast business intellect kicked in and he began to consider her options. He minimised the email window and opened an internet browser and logged onto the internet. Ten minutes and two phone calls later, Arnav leaned back and smile. He had a strategy.

To: Khushi Kumari Gupta  (khushikumarigupta@ar_corp.com)
Sent: 8 August 2012, 1:37am
Ms Gupta
That's to be expected in this financial climate. I suggest that you continue with your strategy and we will touch base in a week.
Have a good week.
RR.

Arnav closed the lid on his laptop. He took off his coat and tie and began undoing the buttons on his shirt as he walked to his closet to grab his nightwear and a towel. He walked to the shower and shrugged his shirt off and threw it into the clothes hamper. He stretched his arms above his head and rotated his head. The muscles on his back flexed with his movements. Removing the remainder of his clothes, Arnav began reviewing his plan and decided that he would put it into action tomorrow as he stepped into the steaming hot water.

Khushi switched her new phone off after she read the last email from RR-ji. She sighed. Sure, she'd definitely continue to contact more banks but it was getting harder and harder to hear them say no again and again. She had really hoped RR-ji would give her more strategies. Stop it Khushi, she chided herself, it's not RR-ji's job to do that. This is your battle. She rubbed her weary eyes and glanced at the clock, it was 2:20am. She had better get some sleep. Her drowsy eyes finally began to shut as she wandered off to dreamland.

=====================================================================

Urgghh... how can it be morning already? Arnav groaned as he turned to his side and rolled out of bed. He ran his hands through his tousled hair and rubbed his red eyes as he walked to his bedroom door and called for Om Prakash.

'Jee Arnav baba, apne bulaya?'

He asked Om Prakash for a strong black coffee and headed straight to the shower.

Twenty minutes later, Arnav was dressed in a charcoal suit with a blue shirt and a matching blue tie. He quickly sipped on the black coffee as he gathered his papers and laptop. He was a man on a mission today.

On the other side of town, Khushi woke up with a start ' she had overslept and was late! She scrambled out of bed and ran to the shower. Devi Maiya, Arnav-ji was definitely going to get to the office before her today she thought as she ran out of the door and hailed a passing ricksha.

She was right.

Arnav was seated at his desk. Where the bloody hell was she, he wondered. His eyes narrowed as he heard the chime of the elevator. He stood up and walked towards the door as he watched the elevator doors, waiting for them to open.

Khushi willed the elevator to move faster. After what seemed like a lifetime, the doors finally slide open revealing Arnav Singh Raizada. A very angry Arnav Singh Raizada.

'You are late. I want to see you in my office. Now.' he said in very quiet low voice and turned around and walked back into his office.

Devi Maiya, please protect me! He wasn't shouting. This was a very bad sign.

Khushi dumped her bag down on her desk, grabbed her notepad and ran into his office.

Arnav was busy typing something. Should she disturb him? Maybe she should wait. Khushi was pondering her options when Arnav spoke..

'Sit down Khushi.'

Oh no. The boss only asked you to sit down when there was something really bad. Something bad like getting fired.

Her legs began shaking as she thankfully sank into a chair opposite him.

Arnav spun around and spoke.

'Khushi, we are going on a business trip.'

Hello my darlings, I've been getting heaps of PM's telling me that things need to get romantic between ASR and KKG asap...trust me, that's exactly what's going to happen. Stay with me, because this ride is going to get hot !

naina
😳
😳 Edited by warriorprincess - 11 years ago
SA_nimk thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
RES!!

yayyy i m first!

*edited*

AMAZING UPDATE!!
love the angel devil talk!!

love how he is soo different to her in the alternate circumstances..

she duxnt lie...woww..everytime he expects her to..

yayyy they r goin on a trip..yayyy😳
πŸ˜ƒ
Edited by Love_SA - 11 years ago
gangsu thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
m d 2nd one.
vry vry vry nce update