Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

loginidran thumbnail
Posted: 10 days ago

Originally posted by: TheJourney

Not only Manisha was a bad dancer, her performances were very inconsistent...plus her alcohol addiction. 

I enjoyed DTPH when I was little...but tried to watch it recently and it's unbearable. Karishma arguing with Shahrukh & describing Maya's character living in la La Land was the only sane thing in that movie. 

As much as I love Madhuri, she was simply unbearable in the movie. Both her and SRK made their every scene together intolerable for me even as a kid with too much OTT passion and pseudo deep wannabe romance.I remember only liking Karisma who was like a Disney character in the movie.

loginidran thumbnail

Originally posted by: infinity101

Nope. Karishma was good and SRK should have ended up with her in that film smiley14

That’s why they made KKHH where they kill the ‘lover’ and the best friends get back together.😆

TheJourney thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 5

Sarcastic Chatterbox

Originally posted by: loginidran

As much as I love Madhuri, she was simply unbearable in the movie. Both her and SRK made their every scene together intolerable for me even as a kid with too much OTT passion and pseudo deep wannabe romance.I remember only liking Karisma who was like a Disney character in the movie.

You were a smart kid to realize that the movie was a torture smiley36

I was a lucky kid to escape the trauma smiley36

Mugda thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2

Dil To Pagal Hai is only remembered for its songs otherwise it was a crap film with no story.

What is the story?

Two best friends run a dance group. The boy wants a "beautiful" girl for his dance groups. He envisions her as "Maya". 

The girl fell in love with that boy but he doesn't love her. He is waiting for his Maya.

He finally founds his Maya. That girl Maya also waits for her prince. She also has a friend who secretly is in love with the girl.

Then what is the rest of the story?

The Rahul and Maya (Pooja) together did some dance together. They fell in love together.

I can't remembered the rest of the story.

This film has no story at all. Just some melodious song. 

I still wonder how SRK, Madhuri won awards for this stupid film. 

Sridevi was way more deserving for best actress award for Judaai.

Edited by Mugda - 10 days ago
TotalBetty thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 9 days ago

Yes, yet it was one of the better Yash Chopra movies imo. I think Karishma made it different 

Can you believe his romantic movies were considered epic by Indian viewers and being asked to appear in a YC movie was an honour for the leading lady, it meant she made it 🤷‍♀️ 

I could barely stand his trademark "AAAAA" and dupatta flying even then

TotalBetty thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: Mugda

This film has no story at all. Just some melodious song. 

I still wonder how SRK, Madhuri won awards for this stupid film. 

Sridevi was way more deserving for best actress award for Judaai.

That's how most romantic BW movies were, and most of them were so called love stories 

But yeah the difference is they were not considered benchmark or epic like YC movies

Edited by TotalBetty - 9 days ago
loginidran thumbnail

Originally posted by: TotalBetty

Yes, yet it was one of the better Yash Chopra movies imo. I think Karishma made it different 

Can you believe his romantic movies were considered epic by Indian viewers and being asked to appear in a YC movie was an honour for the leading lady, it meant she made it 🤷‍♀️ 

I could barely stand his trademark "AAAAA" and dupatta flying even then

Ikr…never liked his brand of movies, with the only exception being Veer Zaara may be.

Mugda thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 5 days ago

Lamhe & Veer Zaara were only decent Yash Chopra films. Other films of him are not good enough to call him a legend.