MHRW FF - Strawberries and Whiskey, RaghVi's Story

varshaoforange thumbnail
Anniversary 3 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 3 years ago

Setting: It’s been five days since Raghav and Pallavi's wedding, they're at loggerheads, obviously. Nikhil has convinced Baba to let Pallavi keep working in the sari shop after he and Krishna and Keerthi tell Baba the whole truth about the shop (her working extra jobs cooking to make up the rent money, Jagdish anna blackmailing her, etc.) Baba is still mad at Pallavi, but now he regrets more than ever that he let Sharda and Jaya fix Raghav and Pallavi's wedding.

It’s early in the morning, Pallavi opens her eyes, she’s been sleeping on the far corner of the bed, avoiding Raghav as much as possible. Raghav refuses to let her sleep in a guest room to torture her, but she knows her sleeping here frustrates him more than it annoys her. She wakes up, and gets out of the bed slowly, making sure not to wake up her ‘husband.’ She cringes at the word, how can HE be her husband, what did she do to deserve this?

She runs to the bathroom to shower and change for the day, choosing a dark blue sari to wear. The same sari she was wearing the day she shoved that horrible trophy back in Raghav’s hand. She tiptoes out of the room and decides to make herself breakfast. One of the workers has already started, however. “Pallavi madam, Akka. Aap yahan kya car race hain,” he asks. “Mujhe naashta banana hai, acne ke liye. Please.” The worker walks out of the kitchen silently, not letting her know that he’s worried what Anna will say if he doesn’t make Anna’s protein shake and breakfast on time. Pallavi decides to make idli and sambaar, Amma had said she might drop by for breakfast the other day, and Pallavi wanted to show Amma that even if she hated Raghav, she was trying…trying at least a little to be a proper bahu. As she’s finishing up the sambaar, her phone rings. Keerthi is on the phone. She says, “Akka, main air Amma ahi aa race hain, naashta ke liye, uske baad hum dono shop chase jayenge? Teek hai?” Pallavi, a little sad because she missed cooking for Milind Kaka and her old family, “yea sure, Keerthi, main darwaza khol thi hun, I just finished making breakfast.”

Keerthi and Amma walk in the mansion, immediately Pallavi touches Amma’s feet and asks for her blessings. Amma is delighted that such a beautiful, cultured, and intelligent woman is her daughter in law. Amma says, “Are, tune kyun naashta banahiye, mera beta tumhara kyaal nahin raktha kya?” Pallavi, smiling grimly, hides the fact that Raghav has done nothing but yell, taunt, and glare at her for the past four days, says, “It was my pleasure to make food for you Amma.”

The three of them sit down at the table, and Pallavi serves all of them. Amma asks, “Raghav kahaan hai?” Pallavi looks down, “he’s still sleeping.” Keerthi, “I can wake him up, he loves idli and sambar!” Pallavi immediately says, “no!” Amma and Keerthi look surprised. Pallavi continues “I mean, he’s probably tired right, and he only drinks protein shakes most of the time, so…” she trailed off. Amma, understanding that Pallavi didn’t want to start her day with Raghav’s horrible mood, curses her horrible son in her mind. “Pallavi is right Keerthi, if anyone wants to eat breakfast they have to get up at a reasonable time.”

The three of them finish eating, and Pallavi goes back into the kitchen to clear the plates, even though the workers try to convince her she doesn’t have to. Amma and Keerthi smile…Amma thinks to herself, “Kaash, Raghav bhi Pallavi jaise sudhar jaye…”

Raghav walks down the stairs, and is elated to see Amma and Keerthi in the dining room. “Amma, Keerthi, aap dono yahaan?” Amma asks, “Why, can’t we visit?” rudely. Raghav, not wanting to spoil his mom’s mood, “It’s not that, if I knew you were coming I would have ordered your favorite food…” Raghav sees the idli, sambar, chutney, and coffee on the table. “Amma, why did _you_ cook! I pay people to do that.” He starts yelling at one of his workers standing in the corner of the dining room, but before the worker can say anything, Raghav says “koi baat nahi, it’s been a long time since I’ve had my mother’s cooking.” He serves himself, and starts to eat. Keerthi’s about to tell him the truth, but Amma stops her, she whispers to Keerthi “at least he’s not drinking a protein shake, if you tell him Pallavi made the food, he’ll spit it out. Iss par hum koi bars nahi oak sakthe hain, he’ll only be healthy if we use crooked measures.”

Pallavi walks back in the dining room, not noticing Raghav, she asks Keerthi, “shall we go, we can drop Amma back home on the way?”

“Saree ke dukaan, you too should sit down and eat, you won’t get these amazing idlis every day you know.” Raghav says.

Pallavi turns around, looking at Raghav, but she doesn’t feel like telling him she cooked the food, what did it actually matter, “I already ate, thank you.”

Amma and Keerthi are smiling quietly, and Raghav is confused, basically licking his plate clean of sambar. “Why are you all smiling, what’s funny?”

Keerthi says, “oh nothing. Amma shall we go?”

Amma says, “No, I’ll go on my own, you two go, you’re getting late.”

Pallavi and Keerthi walk out, Pallavi doesn’t give Raghav a second glance. But he’s glaring at her, remembering her anger the last time she wore that blue sari. 

As soon as Keerthi and Pallavi reach the door, Amma says, “Raghav, I didn’t make the food, Pallavi did, it was good wasn’t it.”

Raghav, shocked. Pallavi doesn’t wait to hear what Raghav has to say, even though Keerthi is giggling and lingering at the door.

Raghav thinks, “damn it, I praised Saree ke Dukan’s food without even knowing it. I can’t have her getting a big head. I’ll tell her to stop cooking from now on, if she doesn’t like what the workers make, she doesn’t have to eat.”

Two days pass by, Raghav hasn’t stopped Pallavi from cooking breakfast, and sometimes she makes dinner. She doesn’t make it for him, and Amma and Keerthi hadn’t visited again either. She makes it for herself, cooking is the one thing, besides designing sarees that she knows she’s amazing at. And it’s not like she can practice kathak here in the house anywhere, she doesn’t want Raghav to yell at her about it. Raghav on the other hand, never directly asks her to serve him food, in fact, she doesn’t even realize he’s eating her chapati, pav bhaji, bharleli vangi, biryani, pesarattu, and so many more marati and andhra dishes that he loved. His opinion of her was softening, and he even began thinking…”maybe she really didn’t poison that food with Anjali that time…” But he didn’t let Pallavi know any of this, and Pallavi was just as cold to him.

Pallavi leaves for the shop, and this time she takes the leftover breakfast with her as lunch, and as Raghav notices this, he’s furious. “Ah, so she’s taking it today so I don’t get to eat it. This Pallavi, she is evil to the core, won’t even let her husband eat.” Raghav goes to his important client meeting later on an empty stomach, in a bad mood…remembering all the horrible things Pallavi did to him. Imagining her laughing at the sari shop as she ate her lunch…which could have been his breakfast.

Keerthi and Pallavi are going over the accounts at the shop when Aakash and says “Keerthi, come quick, Amma has collapsed!” Pallavi and Keerthi are shocked, they catch an auto as quickly as they can to Amma’s house. “Did they call an ambulance” Pallavi asks as they reach the house. “Yes I did,” says Aakash but they haven’t arrived yet. Pallavi tries to wake up Amma, but nothing works. Keerthi is distraught. Pallavi says “Let’s call Raghav.” Keerthi says, “No, last time Amma was in the hospital, Raghav didn’t help her but instead she got so angry her condition worsened, I can’t do that to her, no matter how much she’s trying to fix her relationship with Raghav.” Pallavi ignores this and calls back the auto, “take us to the hospital quick.” Keerthi and Pallavi carefully carry Amma into the auto, and get her admitted in the hospital. Pallavi still thinks she should call Raghav, and when Keerthi’s distracted with Amma, she calls him. He doesn’t answer. She calls him three more times, no answer, straight to voicemail. The doctor comes out after examining Amma and says, “we have her breathing again, but it seems she needs a pacemaker, it’s a very common procedure, but with her previous surgeries and her rare blood type…we might run into complications. Pallavi immediately asks “what’s her blood type?” The doctor replies, taken aback, “O-positive.” Pallavi says “great I can donate, it’s no problem.” Keerthi is taken aback…could it be that Pallavi also donated blood the last time Amma was here?”

The doctor takes Pallavi to another room and as she’s getting stuck (too many times by an incompetent nurse who can’t find a vein) she keeps trying to call Raghav. “Kya hai, Saree ka dukan,, aah main bahuth busy hun, were bakwas nahi hone much.” Pallavi groans and says “shut up, and get to the hospital, Amma collapsed and the doctor is talking about surgery.” Raghav is immediately furious, kyun ki woh too gusse main hi rehta hai, na. “What!? What did you do???” Pallavi has already hung up the phone because the nurse has poked her hard, finally getting a vein.

By the time Raghav gets to the hospital, Pallavi is almost done donating blood, but Raghav meets with Keerthi first. “I told Pallavi not to call you, why doesn’t she listen to me.” Raghav says furiously, “I don’t give a damn about Pallavi, how is Amma?”

“She’s fine now, Raghav, the doctors have started her surgery, and they have extra blood on hand because…” Pallavi walks into the hall, hiding the bandaid inside her left elbow with her pallu, and shakes her head at Keerthi slowly. “Because?” Raghav asks.

“Because, the blood bank is full today, so they have her blood.” Keerthi finishes, confused as to why Pallavi doesn’t want Raghav to know how she donated blood.”

They sat in the hospital for hours, Raghav pacing, not looking at Pallavi, while she comforted Keerthi...

Continued…

Update 2 Update 3 Update 4 Update 5 Update 6 Update 7

Update 8 Update 9 Update 10 Update 11 Update 12 Update 13 

Update 14 Update 15 Update 16 Update 17 Update 18 

Update 19 Update 20 Update 21 Update 22 Update 23 

Update 24 Update 25 Update 26 Update 27 Update 28 

Update 29 Update 30 Update 31 Update 32 

Update 33 Update 34 Update 35 Update 36 Update 37 

Update 38 Update 39 Update 40 Update 41 Update 42

Update 43 Update 44 Update 45 Update 46 Update 47

Update 48 Update 49 Update 50 Update 51 Update 52

Update 53 Update 54 Update 55 Update 56 Update 57

Update 58 Update 59

Edited by varshaoforange - 2 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

varshaoforange thumbnail

They sat in the hospital for hours, Raghav pacing, not looking at Pallavi, while she comforted Keerthi. Eventually the doctor came out, and said to Pallavi “You can come in now, your Amma is perfectly fine.”

“She is not HER Amma” Raghav yells, and runs inside the hospital room. Keerthi shakes her head, and runs in after him. Amma, weak but obviously conscious and looking much better, smiles. She’s happy to see her daughter…and even her son, but then her eyes search for Pallavi. The doctor said ‘your daughter donated blood’, but Keerthi doesn’t have her blood type, so he must have been talking about Pallavi. Pallavi walks in the room slowly, hanging back at the doorway as Raghav and keerthi fling questions at Amma. Amma says, “Pallavi, beta, why are you standing back there, come here so I can thank you properly.” Pallavi walks in and says “in family there are no thank you’s…Amma” she says, not looking at Raghav. Amma, about to say thank you to Pallavi again for donating blood, before Pallavi stops her abruptly and says “Ok I think we should let you rest, right, doctor?”

“Yes, visiting hours are basically over, but I think one person can stay with her tonight, we can discharge her tomorrow.”

Raghav immediately says, “I’m not leaving her.”

Amma smiles, but also grimaces a little, “No, Keerthi can stay with me, Pallavi, Raghav you two go home, I’m fine.”

Pallavi is hesitant, she doesn’t want to spend any time with Raghav, let alone in his godforsaken car, “No Amma, I’ll just go close up the shop and come home later”

Keerthi says “Oh my god Pallavi I’m so sorry I was supposed to help-“

Pallavy says “Are you crazy, I’m not going back to do work, I just will close the store and go straight back and start making all that delicious food that will make Amma come back to 100%. Also, Amma, no arguments this time, from wither you or Keerthi, after you’re discharged, I expect you two to move into…Raghav’s house.” She was about to say “my house,” but luckily she stopped herself.

Amma interjected, “but-“

Pallavy jumped in “no buts, I don’t care.”

She walked out after giving Amma and Keerthi a firm hug.

Raghav was taken aback, did Pallavi just manage to accomplish something he had been trying to do for nearly a decade?

Continued...

Edited by varshaoforange - 3 years ago
varshaoforange thumbnail

Raghav was taken aback, did Pallavi just manage to accomplish something he had been trying to do for nearly a decade?

Pallavi quickly ran out of the hospital, tears in her eyes, happy because Amma was fine, but sad too because she hated that the only way she could keep such amazing family like Amma and Keerthi with her was to stay married…to Raghav.

She gets to her shop, Baba is there with Nikhil. He barely looks at her, out of shame, he’s not angry at her anymore. In fact, he’s more angry at himself. Baba asks, “Pallavi, where did you go?”

“I had to go to the hospital, Amma collapsed, she needed surgery.”

Baba, shocked, “oh no, is she okay now?”

“Why do you even care, Baba. Wait, I can’t even call you Baba anymore, I’m just your former daughter in law, not your daughter,” Pallavi retorted, fighting back tears and keeping her voice even.

“Pallavi wait—“

Pallavi left quickly, “Nikhil looks like you have a handle on everything. Drop off the EMI to Raghav’s house tomorrow, I don’t want to touch the money, obviously Baba won’t trust me with it.”

Nikhil, furious with his father, “Baba, what is WRONG with you, you tell Aai that you want to ask Pallavi for forgiveness, but you can’t set your ego aside to say sorry? Pathetic, Baba, today I’m really ashamed to call you a father. Lock up the store on your own, I have to tell Aai what happened to Pallavi’s MIL, we should send something to Keerthi and Raghav and visit them after she is out of the hospital…”

Pallavi reached home…well not home, Raghav’s house. It would never be her “home.” Her home was with Aai, Baba, Nikhil, Milind Kaka, Mansi, and even Kaku and Amrita. She walked in, not realizing that her dizziness was not because of her tears or her anger, but because she hadn’t eaten anything since breakfast, and she had donated blood…

Pallavi was on the floor, she fainted, hitting her head on Raghav’s marble floor. No one home this late in the evening.

Raghav walked into his house, worried for his mother, a half hour later. He wasn’t able to convince the doctor to let him stay with Amma as well as Keerthi, and Keerthi refused to leave. Then he saw it, two feet from behind an end table in the living room. Pallavi…god, she can’t even sleep in a bed, what’s wrong with her, he thought. He yelled, “Saree ke dukaan, I’m not going to carry you to bed, I’m not your servant.” She didn’t answer, he walked closer. He tried calling her again, and again, the last time by her name. Then her phone rang, it was Keerthi. Raghav answered it, “—“

“Pallavi, Amma just went to sleep, and Raghav just left, make sure to eat something if you’re home, you just donated blood, and I realized I didn’t even ask you if you wanted juice. I’m so sorry, but you know I was worried about Amma…”

“What?!”

“Raghav, why are you answering Pallavi’s phone, where is she?”

“She fainted, probably because she wants to be “mahaan” and donate blood for everyone without eating.”

“Raghav, are you crazy, the woman just helped our mother live, and you’re insulting her. Call a doctor and wake her up. Give her some water, some juice—“

“Yea yea, I will.”

He hung up the phone.

Continued…

Kira_James thumbnail
Visit Streak 1000 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 750 0 Thumbnail + 8

It's so interesting!!! Please continue soon...

Waiting for next...smiley42

ReemShah thumbnail
Most Comments (June 2021) 1 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: varshaoforange

“Raghav, are you crazy, the woman just helped our mother live, and you’re insulting her. Call a doctor and wake her up. Give her some water, some juice—“

“Yea yea, I will.”

He hung up the phone.

Continued…

Dear writer, can I say I love you so much for giving 3 parts in a whole day. When will you be updating next part?

I am so excited to know what is Raghav going to do. and what you have written is so sweet and nice. I am loving the bond which is forming between the trio-Pallavi, Amma and Kirti.

Pallavi is always that selfless person who becomes the scapegoat for everyone. She helped Amma and won't let Kirti acknowledge it infront of Raghav.

Keep writing

varshaoforange thumbnail

“Yea yea, I will.”

He hung up the phone.

What was wrong with him, Pallavi, this Saree ke Dukaan, just donated blood…for his mother, and still he was acting like a jerk.

He tried waking up Pallavi, shaking her shoulder, then carrying her and putting her on the sofa, it didn’t work. He dialed Farhad, “Farhad, I need a doctor here now, ASAP.” “Anna, why?” “Farhad, do I pay you to ask questions?”

Raghav carried Pallavi up the stairs, to their room…no his room. What was wrong with him? Setting her on her side of the bed. Her hair fell over her face, and he thought about what her hair might smell like today. Smiling, he pushed it out of her face. She moved a little, and he immediately stepped back

Farhad rushed in, with the doctor. “Oh no, Akka koh kya Hua?”

Raghav, ignoring Farhad spoke to the doctor, “Doctor, Pallavi donated blood today, and it looks like she didn’t eat anything since…”

“Oh god, I’ll get a glucose injection, and try to wake her up, did she hit her head when she fainted?”

“I don’t know…I wasn’t there,” Raghav trailed off guiltily.

“Anna, what do you mean, you said you and Pallavi were both leaving the hospital because visiting hours were over?”

“I don’t know Farhad, this Saree ke Dukaan wanted to go to her stupid shop first, and I didn’t really care…” Raghav started angrily but then got quiet, the guilt washing over him in waves.

“Has she donated blood before, maybe this is a common reaction for her?” The doctor asked.

“I…I don’t know,” Raghav said, thinking…what if she had. She was Amma’s blood type. “Farhad, go to the hospital, I don’t care how many people you have to bribe, I want this Saree ke Dukaan’s medical records now.”

The doctor injected Pallavi with some glucagon and felt her head, “yes I think she fell hard when she fainted…”

Farhad looked worried, “Doctor, what do we need to do, do we need to go to the hospital—“

“No no, she’ll be fine in a few hours, let’s get her some ice from her head, and the glucose injection will take effect in about fifteen minutes or so. She’ll wake up for a bit, and then she should drink and eat something, and then rest.”

Raghav backed out of the room. “Anna where are you going?” Farhad yelled after him, as the doctor packed up and made his way out the room.

“Pallavi Akka, I know you have to deal with a lot, but after tonight I’ll make sure Anna never bothers you again. I thought you would bring happiness into his life, but I don’t think he can ever change his ways,” Farhad left the room to get some juice and food.

He found Raghav downstairs, throwing things out of the fridge, yelling at workers that weren’t there. “Anna, you need to let your anger go, Pallavi donated blood today, and I know it might have been for a stranger, but that doesn’t make it any less of an amazing act…wait was it a stranger?”

“No. It was for Amma. She’s her blood type, why are you still here, go get Pallavi’s hospital records!” Raghav screamed.

continued…

varshaoforange thumbnail

Originally posted by: ReemShah

Dear writer, can I say I love you so much for giving 3 parts in a whole day. When will you be updating next part?

I am so excited to know what is Raghav going to do. and what you have written is so sweet and nice. I am loving the bond which is forming between the trio-Pallavi, Amma and Kirti.

Pallavi is always that selfless person who becomes the scapegoat for everyone. She helped Amma and won't let Kirti acknowledge it infront of Raghav.

Keep writing

thank you, idk why but i'm having so much fun, I'm not a fiction writer, i'm a history grad student so I only write essays lol

ReemShah thumbnail
Most Comments (June 2021) 1 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: varshaoforange

thank you, idk why but i'm having so much fun, I'm not a fiction writer, i'm a history grad student so I only write essays lol

Essay is a form of writing too and it uses creativity. the only difference is that you include dialogues in a story and a plotline

You are having fun because you are loving what you are doing. 

Phir_Mohabbat thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 8

Okay I can't wait to read the rest.  She's a good person man, surrounded by filthy people. She deserves the world

varshaoforange thumbnail

“No. It was for Amma. She’s her blood type, why are you still here, go get Pallavi’s hospital records!” Raghav screamed.

Farhad left, worried about Pallavi.

Raghav grabbed some juice from the fridge, a glass, and some crappy biscuits from the pantry. He rushed upstairs, ordering some food from a restaurant on the phone as he ran upstairs. Pallavi was still passed out, her pallu no longer hiding the bandaid on her arm, Raghav noticed that there wasn’t just one needle stick, but four or five, forming small bruises.

“God damn nurses, can’t even draw blood correctly,” he muttered.

Pallavi woke up, groaning and clutching her head with her left arm, trying to get up with her right.

“Carefully, you fainted because—“

“I didn’t eat anything, I got so stressed after Amma collapsed, and at the hospital…that’s why. I’m fine now.” She pulled her pallu over her left elbow quickly, trying to hide her bandaid and bruise, not knowing that Raghav already knew. Why tell him, he’ll just find some reason to blame her for Amma’s health, she was too tired to fight with him, she’s fought with him for the past three months, ever since he burned her raw materials on that dark fateful night. Enough fighting for a lifetime. She never wanted a husband after Mandar, she was happy with her family, and now she had a new family, Keerthi and Amma she could love and be happy with. She couldn’t fight anymore.

Raghav was surprised, why doesn’t she want anyone to know that she donated the blood?

“I’m fine, Raghav, I’m just going to get some water from downstairs—“

“No.”

“No? I can’t even drink water in your house now?”

“No, I mean…drink this juice, and these biscuits, I’ve ordered food.”

“No need for food, cancel the order, I don’t eat restaurant food, I’m not hungry.”

“Drink this juice, NOW.” Raghav said firmly, “Or I’ll stress Amma out with news of you fainting,” he added, smiling a little.

“Teek hai, I’ll drink it, don’t overreact,” Pallavi took the glass and downed it, and then ate three biscuits at once. Her mouth full, she said “Ok I’m fine, did Keerthi call?”

“What?” - Raghav said, “Why are you talking with your mouth full, what you don’t take your own advice, no talking when eating?”

Pallavi swallowed and smiled, “I said I’m fine, did Keerthi call, how is Amma?”

“Amma is fine, now go to sleep, or let the food come and then eat something—“

“No, no I’m fine.” And with that Pallavi moved further away from the center of the bed and turned off the lamp on her side of the bed.

She didn’t even say good night, Raghav thought, but why do I care.

Raghav went to the restroom to shower and he was thinking of Pallavi the whole time, shampooing his hair twice lost in her thoughts. Why did she lie to him about donating the blood? Why didn’t she let Amma or Keerthi tell me? Had she donated the blood last time too? If someone can do that for a stranger, and then Amma, could she really have done all those horrible things he accused her of?

Continued...