Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

varshaoforange thumbnail
Anniversary 3 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 3 years ago

The next couple days passed in almost complete silence. Amma, Keerthi, Farhad, Reddy, and the rest of the workers noticed the silence between Raghav and Pallavi. This wasn’t for lack of trying on Raghav’s part, but any time he tried to get Pallavi alone to talk to her, she avoided him, sometimes calling Keerthi or Amma, and even one hilarious time asking Reddy if he had watched the most recent episode of Ghum Hai Kisi Ke Pyaar Mein, and if he thinks Sai should forgive Virat. Reddy was shocked that Akka knew he watched that show, and more importantly that she’d rather talk to him than Anna. When she wasn’t avoiding Raghav at home, she was avoiding him with work. But at work, Pallavi’s troubles didn’t end.

Two days after Amma had come home from the hospital, Baba was at the shop again. Pallavi tried to avoid him, helping clients all day, preparing for the opening of the new mall showroom, dealing with accounts with Keerthi. But at lunch, Baba and her were alone in the shop. She was eating her favorite lunch that she had made this morning, but Baba had Aai’s favorite sheera in his tiffin, Pallavi could smell it. Baba walked over to her, and offered her some.

“No, Ba— no I don’t want any.”

“Pallavi please, listen to me, I made a mistake, even us oldies can make mistakes, right?” Vijay tried to joke.

Pallavi glared at him, and just as Nikhil and Krishna walked in to take care of the store for the rest of the day, Pallavi packed up her things and walked out.

Nikhil spent the rest of the day throwing taunts at his father for not only being stupid, but for also being a coward.

Pallavi rushed home. She was incensed. On one hand she lived with an arrogant, idiotic, cruel man; and on the other hand the man she considered more important to her than her own late father, was trying to ask for forgiveness as if his betrayal, his lack of trust in his own daughter, was something that could be forgiven. Sometimes she understood why Amruta acted out, yes Kaka and Mansi were great, but having to live in that house, with someone like Baba yelling this and that about beti-this and beti-that, and then turning out to be the most anti-feminist human she had ever met, any girl might decide to spend her time partying outside the house. She wondered if Amruta’s experience with bhaang actually helped her, besides making her decide to break into the house of the most vile man on the planet.

When she got back home, no not home, to Raghav’s house, no one was home. Not Raghav (thank god), not Amma or Keerthi, not even Farhad or Reddy or any other workers. She walked around here and there, opening a book, and then getting bored, she walked around the living room, and then the white curtains caught her eye. The studio where Raghav had danced Bharathanatyam that one time. Maybe, since no one was home, she could practice Kathak. Dancing always used to make her feel better. When she lived in Kolhapur, before she married Mandaar, she taught a group of girls kathak, and she missed that so much. The sound of their anklets missing the right steps, their innocent laughs, how much Dada and Vahini loved to watch her dance and teach. She walked into the studio, she noticed some speakers, and connected her phone. She decided she’d dance to filmy songs today, and put on “Mohe Rang Do Laal”

Continued...

Edited by varshaoforange - 3 years ago
ImHemangi thumbnail
Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Anniversary 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: varshaoforange

Eska continue kb tk milega padhne

The next couple days passed in almost complete silence. Amma, Keerthi, Farhad, Reddy, and the rest of the workers noticed the silence between Raghav and Pallavi. This wasn’t for lack of trying on Raghav’s part, but any time he tried to get Pallavi alone to talk to her, she avoided him, sometimes calling Keerthi or Amma, and even one hilarious time asking Reddy if he had watched the most recent episode of Ghum Hai Kisi Ke Pyaar Mein, and if he thinks Sai should forgive Virat. Reddy was shocked that Akka knew he watched that show, and more importantly that she’d rather talk to him than Anna. When she wasn’t avoiding Raghav at home, she was avoiding him with work. But at work, Pallavi’s troubles didn’t end.

Two days after Amma had come home from the hospital, Baba was at the shop again. Pallavi tried to avoid him, helping clients all day, preparing for the opening of the new mall showroom, dealing with accounts with Keerthi. But at lunch, Baba and her were alone in the shop. She was eating her favorite lunch that she had made this morning, but Baba had Aai’s favorite sheera in his tiffin, Pallavi could smell it. Baba walked over to her, and offered her some.

“No, Ba— no I don’t want any.”

“Pallavi please, listen to me, I made a mistake, even us oldies can make mistakes, right?” Vijay tried to joke.

Pallavi glared at him, and just as Nikhil and Krishna walked in to take care of the store for the rest of the day, Pallavi packed up her things and walked out.

Nikhil spent the rest of the day throwing taunts at his father for not only being stupid, but for also being a coward.

Pallavi rushed home. She was incensed. On one hand she lived with an arrogant, idiotic, cruel man; and on the other hand the man she considered more important to her than her own late father, was trying to ask for forgiveness as if his betrayal, his lack of trust in his own daughter, was something that could be forgiven. Sometimes she understood why Amruta acted out, yes Kaka and Mansi were great, but having to live in that house, with someone like Baba yelling this and that about beti-this and beti-that, and then turning out to be the most anti-feminist human she had ever met, any girl might decide to spend her time partying outside the house. She wondered if Amruta’s experience with bhaang actually helped her, besides making her decide to break into the house of the most vile man on the planet.

When she got back home, no not home, to Raghav’s house, no one was home. Not Raghav (thank god), not Amma or Keerthi, not even Farhad or Reddy or any other workers. She walked around here and there, opening a book, and then getting bored, she walked around the living room, and then the white curtains caught her eye. The studio where Raghav had danced Bharathanatyam that one time. Maybe, since no one was home, she could practice Kathak. Dancing always used to make her feel better. When she lived in Kolhapur, before she married Mandaar, she taught a group of girls kathak, and she missed that so much. The sound of their anklets missing the right steps, their innocent laughs, how much Dada and Vahini loved to watch her dance and teach. She walked into the studio, she noticed some speakers, and connected her phone. She decided she’d dance to filmy songs today, and put on “Mohe Rang Do Laal”

Continued...

varshaoforange thumbnail

She decided she’d dance to filmy songs today, and put on “Mohe Rang Do Laal”

Raghav had decided, if Pallavi didn’t want his sorry, he didn’t need her forgiveness. Who was she anyway? She didn’t even consider them married. But then again, why was she able to stop him from talking to her? No one makes Raghav Rao hang his head in shame, no one can stop Raghav from saying whatever he wants. Raghav makes others speechless, he’s never speechless. As he walked into the house, he heard music…

मोहे रंग दो लाल

मोहे रंग दो लाल

नंद के लाल लाल 

छेड़ो नहीं बस रंग दो लाल 

मोहे रंग दो लाल

मरोड़ी कलाई मोरी 

मरोड़ी कलाई मोरी 

हाँ कलाई मोरी 

हाँ कलाई मरोड़ी

कलाई मोरी 

चूड़ी चटकाई इतराई 

तो चोरी गरवा लगाई

Where was it coming from? He walked toward his the bar, and then caught a glimpse of red and white. White curtains, and behind them, Pallavi. In a gorgeous red suit, but the kameez was long and flowing, like the dress she wore at Mansi’s Sangeet. It was simple, nothing fancy, it looked years old, but still beautiful. She wasn’t wearing any jewelry, no makeup, but the way she was floating around the floor, it was like watching an angel land on earth. Raghav, despite the fact that no one, not even Farhad was allowed in his studio, wasn’t able to stop Pallavi, he couldn’t say anything. He was, quite literally, speechless. As she danced, Raghav imagined what it would be like to be her Nand Gopal, and then like glass breaking, the song ended and Raghav tried to get the thought out of his head. Pallavi stood up, and then she caught Raghav’s eye. Immediately the happiness she felt, turned to dread. Raghav noticed the changed look, his face confused, and before he could walk in to compliment her dance, Pallavi ran out. She ran upstairs, and into Raghav’s room, she couldn’t even lock the door, so she hid in the bathroom. The joy she felt for those few minutes, gone. Now, she’d have to go downstairs and expect some long lengthy list of insults about how she couldn’t disgrace his house with her dancing, or something else stupid.

She creeped out of the bathroom, checking to make sure Raghav hadn’t come upstairs. He wasn’t there. She had to change into a sari, not red. She can’t believe she wore red to dance, she used to hate that color. No. She still hated that color. She chose a dark green sari, with one of her favorite turquoise blouses. Reddy had already made dinner, so there was no worry in getting it dirty. As she pinned her pleats, she started working on her pallu. She fondly remembered getting Mansi ready for the Loom puja a couple months back. If only she really could have packed Mansi with her to Raghav’s house. She needed a safety pin for her pallu and for the life of her she couldn’t find one on the vanity, nor in her cabinet, she turned around to look on the side table, and there was Raghav. Her surprise quickly turned to anger.

“What are you doing here? I’m chang-“

“I just came to get my laptop, do you need a safety pin?” He turned to the side drawer, opened it and took out a pin.

“Thank you, now you can leave.”

As he gave it to her, their fingers touched, and she dropped the pin.

Raghav smiled, “kya saree ke dukaan, you run a sari shop and you can’t handle a pin? Here let me help you.”

“No I’m fin-“

But before she could finish her sentence, Raghav was behind her, he took the deep green pallu, pulled at the blouse at her shoulder, and fastened the pin. His breath heavy in her ear.

“Done.”

She turned around, surprised and confused. Who was this man?

“I think Amma and Keerthi are back, I’ll go get Reddy and get dinner on the table.” And she made her way out of the room, still confused.

Raghav said after her, “Your dance, it was—I mean I wanted to say so at that sangeet—“

Pallavi looked down and said, “Don’t worry, I won’t use your room anymore, it was my mistake—“

“No, I meant, I mean I like to dance too, I…” Raghav tried to find some words, any words.

Pallavi thought of his bharathanatyam…and then her mind went to Mansi’s engagement night, she smiled and said, “I still think Telugu music is too loud, not enough melody.”

She left, leaving Raghav grinning stupidly behind her.

Continued...

cozy_vibes thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
you know you are the best.. ek din mein itne sare updates just loved it
varshaoforange thumbnail

Originally posted by: cozy_vibes

you know you are the best.. ek din mein itne sare updates just loved it

I somehow spent all night writing 9000 words, lol

varshaoforange thumbnail

Downstairs, Amma and Keerthi were setting the table, “No Amma, I can do that, you sit,” Pallavi said.

“Pallavi, didn’t you spend the whole day at the shop, it’s fine, we’re just setting the table, I’m glad Reddy gave you a break from cooking today.”

“One day I’ll beat Reddy to the kitchen before he cooks dinner,” Pallavi said, shaking her finger at Reddy. Who grinned and said, “Akka, one day we should cook together, now that would be fun. You can teach me some M aharashtrian dishes that Anna likes so much.”

Pallavi smiled, blushed a little, and looked uncomfortably at the stairs, hoping Raghav hadn’t heard that. Amma and Keerthi smiled at each other.

“Are you waiting for someone, Akka?” Keerthi asked knowingly.

“What, no, no. Let’s eat.”

And then Raghav came down the stairs, no laptop in his hand as Pallavi could see. 

They ate dinner relatively quietly, Keerthi interjecting with stories of her day dealing with different stores’ accounts. Amma asking Pallavi how her mall preparations are going, and Raghav spending most of dinner with his mouth open staring at Pallavi describe all the new saris she’s stocking.

“One of the designs was so good, that even Baba—“ Pallavi stopped, “everyone liked it.” Her mood reverting back to the sadness, loneliness, and anger she felt leaving the shop today. Raghav clenched his fork.

That stupid Rambo Sanki Uncle, it wasn’t enough that he threw Pallavi out of his house that night, but then he only let Pallavi work in the store, even though she deserves to be the full owner. Wait, why did he care, that whole shop was the definition of bad business sense. But Pallavi had made it possible to grow the shop, she did it online and offline, and managed to convince the mall owners to go against his blacklist. Though technically, he had decided not to pursue the blacklist after Amma’s surgery.

“Raghav…RAGHAV.”

Raghav jumped back into reality, “what?”

“I was just asking what you’re so lost in, but I think I might know,” Keerthi sang, as Pallavi was still in conversation with Amma about her mall showroom.

“Shut up.”

“Oh, I was just going to say you’re lost in planning those new jewelry designs you’re releasing right?” Keerthi added, innocently.

Raghav sat up straight, and looked at his plate, “Yes, One of my designers is interested in making the designs look like flowers sort of connecting over each other…but I suggested adding budding leaves…”

“Oh, like pallavis…” Keerthi asked, grinning.

“No, no, I might stick with flowers.”

As everyone finished dinner, Pallavi got up to clear the table, when Raghav jumped in and said “No, I think Reddy can do this, right Reddy”

“Yes Anna!”

Pallavi was taken aback, this wasn’t chivalrous as just plain annoying, there was nothing hard in clearing the table, it’s not like Reddy every let her wash all the dishes herself or anything.

“Ok, it’s early tonight, and I’ve talked with Amma, we’re watching a movie tonight.” Keerthi said.

Pallavi and Raghav were both about to protest, but Amma said, “no, today we’re watching a movie.”

“Teek hai Amma,” both Raghav and Pallavi said in unison. Keerthi giggling as the two of them stared at each other.

“I’ll just go make popcorn,” said Pallavi, and she went into the kitchen, blushing furiously, with no idea why.

Inese_20 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: varshaoforange

I somehow spent all night writing 9000 words, lol

gurl ! You are on fire 🔥  loved all of them. I hope the mhrw producers hire you 

AnjuRish thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4

That rant in Baba was right 

Sometimes he makes me upset 

ImHemangi thumbnail
Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Anniversary 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Inese_20

gurl ! You are on fire 🔥  loved all of them. I hope the mhrw producers hire you 

exactly they should..yr thsi girl and the every piece of her just magic of other level

Inese_20 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: ImHemangi

exactly they should..yr thsi girl and the every piece of her just magic of other level

Yaar I mean she wrote 10 episodes worth of good scenes in one night. That means she can write the whole show in 20-30 days. And story will have a good flow and consistency. This makes me wonder how dumb are mhrw writers 🤪💔🤣

Or she’s a genius.