LyssaPie thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 3 years ago

Amazing updates as well

Poor guy is getting tortured 

sosweetsumi thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail

i loved that raghav is opening even if in small measures.

please do continue

bye sumi

varshaoforange thumbnail
Anniversary 3 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

The next couple months were absolute bliss. Pallavi had never been this happy. Even though the days sped by so quickly, every moment with Raghav felt special. At times she felt like he was hiding something from her, but whenever she tried to talk to him about it, he changed the subject. Farhad had reassured her yesterday that it was just stress from work, but Pallavi could tell that something outside of work was wrong.

“Pallavi!” Raghav yelled as he came downstairs.

“Kya hai, why are you screaming, it’s 8AM.” Pallavi was getting breakfast ready before Amma and Keerthi came downstairs

“I need my beautiful wife’s opinion on something, blue tie or red?”

Pallavi looked at the two ties, “Blue. Why are you wearing a tie, did someone at your store tell you to stop dressing like a gangster from the 1980s?” She laughed as she started to tie the tie for him.

Raghav took her wrists in his hands, “Pallavi Rao, if I am such a gangster, then you’re no less than a gangster’s wife. Always lecturing me, jab dekho gussa main rehthi ho.” He smiled, and kissed her cheek.

Pallavi grinned, “haas ji, good to know you’ve figured it out finally, mujhse bachke rehna, samjhe?” She smoothed the tie and said, “done, so now tell me why you’re wearing the tie?”

“We have that anniversary party for one of my friends tonight, you didn’t forget right?”

“Oh right, what time are we leaving from here?”

“8PM, I want to see you dressed and ready at 8PM, you better not call me from your showroom at 8 telling me you’ll be home in twenty minutes.” Raghav warned her.

“And you tell me that I’m always angry,” Pallavi laughed and turned around back to the table. 

Before she could Raghav pulled her close by her waist, “Mujhe bathaa hai, Saree ka Dukaan, ki yeh Don ka roop, tumko bahut pasand hai.”

“Kuch bhi, chodo mujhe, Amma aur Keerthi abhi aajayenge nashtha ke liye.” Pallavi moved to remove his arms from around her.

“Kya baath hai Bhai, Bhaabi, so much romance, so early in the morning?” Keerthi came down the stairs and Raghav let go of Pallavi, looking embarrassed as Pallavi laughed, going back to setting the table.

That night as Raghav was driving back home to pick up Pallavi from the party, his mood was finally calm. Over the past two months, the pace he had felt, the safety, he never wanted to lose it. Having Amma and Keerthi with him was amazing enough, but Pallavi sleeping next to him every night, it gave him a new reason to wake up in the morning. The doctor from the hospital had been calling every day, but the update was the same, Mandaar hadn’t woken up.

When he walked into the house he expected to have to yell for Pallavi to come down, because, like every woman, even Saree ka Dukaan took way too long to get ready. But Pallavi was standing in front of him, waiting patiently. She looked goddess-like. In a pale blue sari, with her hair flowing down her back like a waterfall, her face splitting into a smile when she saw Raghav.

“So, do I look like a proper gangster’s wife, or do you want me to change?” Pallavi asked, grinning.

Raghav walked towards her, he took her hand and brought it up to his mouth to kiss it, “you, Pallavi Raghav Rao, look like an absolute goddess.”

Pallavi smiled, then Raghav pulled her close to him, his hand clasping hers, the other finding her waist, “In fact, I’m thinking my friend, I’m not that close to him, we could just skip the party…”

“Very funny, Raghav,” she pushed him away and walked to the door, “we’re going, come on.”

varshaoforange thumbnail

The first and only mistake Raghav made that night was leaving his phone in the car before going into the party with Pallavi. 

At the party, Raghav’s friends gushed over Pallavi, and he watched as she charmed them easily. As the party dragged on, Raghav found Pallavi and pulled her to the dance floor.

Pallavi smiled as Raghav took her hand and led her around the floor. During the whole dance, their eyes never moved away from each other. Raghav wanted this night to last forever, the smile in Pallavi’s eyes, her fragrance, he wanted her with him forever.

In Raghav’s car, his phone blinked and buzzed, there were over 10 missed calls and 20 texts.

When the dance was over Pallavi went back to their table and sat down, “Ab kya hua Saree ka dukaan, you don’t like dancing with me?”

Pallavi decided to tease Raghav, “Nothing like that, coming here, I just realized how stupid I’ve been not to take advantage of having such a rich husband,” she put her arms on his shoulders as he sat down, “I think I I’ve been way too easy on you, I expect way more designer jewelry from now on, or—“

“I will smuggle the whole world’s diamonds into India if I have to to keep you happy.” Raghav said, kissing her cheek.

Pallavi laughed, and then her phone rang.

It was Baba, he sounded in distress, “Pallavi beta, please abhi ki abhi ghar aa jao.”

Before Pallavi could ask what was wrong, Baba had cut the phone.

“Raghav, Baba called, he needs me home for something. Let’s leave, come.”

Pallavi got up and started walking to the exit. As soon as Raghav heard Pallavi’s distress and Baba’s request, he could feel that something was wrong.

They drove quickly to Deshmukh house, in the hurry, Raghav didn’t check his phone. As the car screeched to a halt, Pallavi got out of the car and started to run to the front door, only as Raghav was opening his car door did he see his phone buzzing. After hearing the first voicemail, Raghav’s heart fell into his stomach. The good mood he was in, the happiness he had spent months trying to save up for himself, dissipated.

When Pallavi opened the front door of Deshmukh House, the sight in front of her almost made her faint. Mandaar.

“Pallavi, Pallavi, you’re here.”

In the main hall of the house the whole family was present. Aai’s and Baba’s eyes were teary, and in the middle of everyone, was Mandaar. Pallavi also noticed a man who looked like a doctor, given the bag he was carrying.

“What—What’s going on.” Pallavi felt weak, everything was spinning in front of her, but she steadied herself.

Milind Kaka pulled Sulochana to another room as soon as he realized she was about to open her mouth to say something.

The man, who turned out to be a doctor started speaking before Mandaar or anyone else could, “your husband was in an accident two and a half years ago, well, this is shocking news I know, but Mandaar has been in a coma for the past two and a half years. He just gained consciousness a few hours ago. I told him that it would be better if his family come to the hospital, but he refused.”

Before the doctor could say anything else, Mandaar ran across the room and hugged Pallavi. She didn’t return the hug, it felt like her body had stopped working. “Pallavi, where were you, Aai said you were probably in the shop, but come on, don’t work this late. Anyway, forget all of this. Forget everything, I just wanted to see you. After seeing Baba, hearing about his health, and the rest of the family after—after the accident, what you did for them, I don’t think anyone else in the world could have done that.”

The tears in Mandaar’s eyes were genuine, as soon as he had woken up, his first thought wasn’t his parents, it wasn’t his brother, it was his wife. He was so lost in the happiness of seeing her again that he didn’t even notice that the mangal sutra she was wearing wasn’t the one he had put on her at their wedding.

“Mandaar, you’re…how.” Then Pallavi realized what she was seeing, what she was hearing, wasn’t a dream. It wasn’t even a nightmare. It was reality. And the relief was massive. Mandaar was alive, the pain that Baba and Aai had to go through was over. But as Mandaar hugged her again, Pallavi’s relief turned to dread, and Baba could see the change plain on her face. Pallavi turned around to see Raghav in the doorway. His face showing his pain as clear as day.

Mandaar started to ask who Raghav was, but then Baba interrupted, “Mandaar, beta, this is just the owner of our store, the new owner, he must have just come to drop Pallavi home. Sharda, why don’t you take Pallavi and Mandaar to the kitchen, Mandaar, beta, you need to eat.”

Before Pallavi could say a word, Aai was pulling the two of them to the kitchen table and started serving them food. Sharda knew what was happening was wrong. Her daughter, Pallavi, was happy with Raghav. She had found peace in her new marriage. But upon seeing her son with her again, and now Pallavi sitting next to him, she was blinded by her love.

Baba stopped Raghav from coming in the house, “My son has been in a coma for two years, he is weak, he’s still ill. Whatever decisions have to be made, we can make them tomorrow. You should leave here.”

“Rambo Baap, are you crazy. Pallavi meri biwi hai. I am not leaving without her.”

“Keep your voice down,” Aai left the kitchen and came back in the hall. “Vijay ji is right, we can decide what to do tomorrow when my son’s health is better.”

Raghav was not planning on going anywhere, however. He stood firm in the doorway, refusing to let Baba close the door on him.

In the kitchen, Pallavi wasn’t eating, and eventually Mandaar looked up from his food and realized she hadn’t been listening to him either.

“Pallavi, I know you’re freaked out. This kind of stuff only happens in movies. You know, when I got up and decided to come back home, because I had to see you, to see Aai and Baba and Nikhil, I realized how unbelievable this would be to you all. I even felt ashamed, that because of my stupidity that night, my family spent two years, *two years*, without any information about me or what happened. But listen to me, I will prove to you that I won’t be this stupid again. You watch—“

“I’m married.” Pallavi blurted.

“What? Yes I know we’re married, silly.”

“No, Mandaar. I remarried. A few months ago, and—“

Mandaar stood up, “but,  but why? How could you leave my family like that?”

Pallavi tried to figure out what to say, “Mandaar, it was—it’s a long story, I can’t explain.”

Mandaar walked out of the kitchen and rushed to Aai and Baba, “Why did you let her marry someone else? How could you do that?”

Pallavi rushed behind him, “Mandaar, no, it’s not Aai or Baba’s fault, I—“

“You shut up, I don’t want to hear another word from you,” Mandaar’s happiness at returning to his family melted into anger, “you left my family in my time of need. Remember before we got married, I asked you for one thing, to treaty my family as your own. But you couldn’t do that. Well fine, then leave.”

And just as Baba had thrown Pallavi out of the house months before, Mandaar took Pallavi’s hand and started to drag her to the door.

In a split second everything changed, Raghav ran in and grabbed Mandaar by the collar and pinned him against the wall. “Teri himmat kaisi hui, *MERI* biwi ko haath lagane?”

“Raghav, no let him go!” Pallavi tried to pull Raghav off of Mandaar, but Raghav’s anger was not to be controlled tonight.

“Aaj ke baad, Mr. Mandaar Deshmukh, you will not see, nor touch my wife, Pallavi Raghav Rao, ever again. Ardhamaindha.” Raghav let go of his collar and Mandaar almost slid down the wall.

“Raghav Rao, the jeweler? This is who you married Pallavi, This man was a kamina three years ago, and he’s still a kamina today. What, did you get tired of taking care of my middle class family and decide to upgrade?” Mandaar spat out.

Before Raghav could punch him, he saw Pallavi close her eyes, and he jumped to catch her as she fainted. “Pallavi, Pallavi get up, what’s wrong?” Then he saw blood coming out of her nose, and without paying attention to anyone else in the room, he carried her out of the house and to his car. He was driving to the hospital like a madman, Pallavi, still passed out in the seat next to him. No matter how many times he yelled her name, Pallavi didn’t wake up. His knuckles were white on the steering wheel, he would personally destroy each and every member of the Deshmukh family if anything happened to his wife.

After she had been admitted, Raghav paced the hospital room for what felt like hours, and then he realized he should probably call Amma and Keerthi. He told them, and then Farhad, to rush to the hospital.

When the doctor came out of Pallavi’s room, Raghav rushed to her, “What’s wrong with her? Does she need blood, I have the same blood type as her, I can donate. She has a very rare blood type, doctor. Is she awake? Can I see her?”

“Mr. Rao, calm down. Your wife is fine now, her nosebleed stopped, it seemed it was just because of stress. I’ll have more information for you soon, but for now you can sit with her.

Pallavi didn’t wake up that night. Amma, Keerthi, and Farhad were waiting outside all night, coming into the room periodically to see if Raghav needed anything. But Raghav didn’t say anything, he just sat there, holding his wife’s hand, waiting for her to wake up. Willing her to wake up. Praying to any god he hoped would listen to wake his wife up.

The next morning, Pallavi woke up to Raghav sleeping on a chair next to her bed. His hand in hers. She smiled.

Chutkiii thumbnail
Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Anniversary 3 Thumbnail

I am having mixed emotions after reading this. I'm happy that Pallavi announced that she is remarried without hesitating, angry at Mandar for not giving her a chance to explain just like his family did and worried seeing Pallavi hurt.

Please update soon.

Arati007 thumbnail
Anniversary 3 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Holding my comments waiting for next part...good one but....as father as son behaviour 

varshaoforange thumbnail

Raghav woke up to Pallavi stroking his hair with her other hand.

“Pallavi, are you okay? What is wrong with you, did you forget to eat yesterday? Were you sick and you didn’t tell me? If anything happens to you, I swear to god—“

“Shh shh, Raghav Rao, Don of Hyderabad, calm down. I am perfectly fine. I just—“ Pallavi stopped in her tracks.

“What?” Raghav panicked again, “do you need water, should I call the doctor?”

“Is the baby okay?”

Raghav looked nonplussed, “what baby?”

Pallavi stared at him, “Our neighbor’s baby, you know she’s very cute” she started sarcastically, “our baby, stupid. I’m pregnant.” She started to get up, “call the doctor, I need to talk to them.”

Raghav stood by the bed, staring at Pallavi, completely speechless.

“Hello??? Raghav—“ Pallavi was not a little annoyed with her husband.

“Pregnant. But, when? How?” Raghav sat back in the chair, unable to understand anything.

“If I have to explain to you ‘how,’ I don’t think I’m going to be raising this baby with you for very long.” Pallavi said.

Raghav looked at Pallavi, “last night, after Mandaar— your parents—“ his eyes teared up, “I was sure that you would leave—leave me.” His voice was breaking.

“Buddhu, it looks like Reddy doesn’t put any almonds in your protein shakes. Didn’t you ask me to promise you that I’d never leave you? Why do you think your wife is that stupid that she’d break a promise she made to *The Raghav Rao*?” Pallavi grinned at Raghav, tears in her eyes now as well.

Raghav pulled Pallavi close and hugged her like he had never hugged anyone before.

“Wait a second, Mrs. Rao, when were you going to tell me that you were pregnant?”

“Don’t get mad at me, I had such a nice plan, I was going to tell you this weekend” Pallavi whined, “I had a little scavenger hunt made, and at the end you were going to find these cute little payals and the sonogram picture, but then I had to faint like an idiot, saara plan karat ho gaya.” Pallavi tugged on her ears, “Maaf karoge?”

Raghav smiled and moved to hug his wife and never let go when the door opened.

In walked Aai, Baba, and Mandaar.

“Pallavi beta, are you okay?” Sharda started.

Raghav clenched the railing of the hospital bed, “what the hell are you people doing here? It’s because of you and your stupid son’s Rambo like anger, that my wife is in the hospital!” Raghav started to get up, he didn’t give a damn if this Saanki Baap was old or if Mandaar had just gotten out of a coma, but Pallavi stopped him.

“Raghav no, calm down.” Pallavi sat him back in the chair, and Raghav agreed reluctantly.

“Aai, Baba, main teek hoon.” Pallavi said, deliberately not looking at her family, especially Mandaar.

“Pallavi, what I said last night. I was—“ Mandaar didn’t know where to begin. Nikhil had explained everything to Mandaar, from the beginning to the end, unlike Baba, Mandaar understood that Pallavi wouldn’t have stayed with Raghav for this long if she wasn’t happy. Even if it hurt him. “I was wrong, I should have never—“
Pallavi interrupted him, “Mandaar, you didn’t make a mistake these past two years when you were in a coma. No one is blaming you, it was an accident. And I know that I made a promise to you, to take care of your family as my own, and I have done that. I will keep doing that. But—” Pallavi thought about the small life that was growing inside her right now, “but that doesn’t change the fact that—I have moved on.” She looked at Raghav and smiled, taking his hand.

“Now, enough crying and sad stuff, Aai Baba, I’ll see you all soon, if you don’t mind I’d like to spend some time with my husband.”

The Deshmukhs left the room quietly, Baba taking one last look at his daughter, wishing he could do something to change her mind, but he knew she wouldn’t.

When the doctor walked in a few minutes later, Raghav immediately pounced on him, his leftover anger that he couldn’t use on the Deshmukhs had to come out somewhere.

“Duffer, where have you been, what kind of hospital is this?” Raghav shouted, “My wife, who fainted, and didn’t regain consciousness until right now, is pregnant, and you—“

“Doctor, don’t mind him, my husband likes to think of himself as one of those big Don types, he’s harmless.” Pallavi laughed.

Raghav’s anger calmed a little seeing his wife so happy.

“I’m so sorry madam, I didn’t know, we’ll have to do an ultrasound right away.”

As the doctor brought in the equipment, Pallavi was suddenly nervous. What if something had happened to the baby? She cursed herself for not telling Raghav sooner, if she had, maybe this wouldn’t have happened.

“Hey, no.” Raghav sat down next to her on the bed and took her hand, “I know you’re giving yourself a lot of insults in your head right now, and while you definitely are crazy, and stupid, and stubborn” he smiled, “this isn’t your fault. Everything will be fine.”

And everything was. When the doctor pointed out the heartbeat on the ultrasound, Pallavi felt a warmth in her heart she had never felt before. Raghav, who had spent half his life fighting for a family he had almost lost, was overcome with the idea that his family would be growing.

(I think this will be the end, but I might have an epilogue :) )

DivyaaaV thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2

ahhhh noooooo

it is such a good storyyyy

varshaoforange thumbnail

Originally posted by: DivyaaaV

ahhhh noooooo

it is such a good storyyyy

I'm not a professional so I don't know how to develop it more lol