Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Ur-Miserable thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 3 years ago

Originally posted by: diasingh2

Pretty naive to think that children only do what adults tell them.

And I never said that the sole responsibility goes to web series. 

A disclaimer at the beginning has become convenient way to avoid taking any responsibility.🥱

I am not saying show only goody-goody stuff on TV. But the age bracket of children who end up consuming this content is getting lower and lower.  And kids who consume this content, go around influencing other kids too.

Arrey bhai,  when does Mirzapur or Patal Lok air in television.

diasingh2 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: MujheMaarjaneDo

Arrey bhai,  when does Mirzapur or Patal Lok air in television.

I forgot to write but I meant TV, web, films etc etc in general but I guess you totally missed my point, so I rest my case.

Ur-Miserable thumbnail

Originally posted by: NimbuMirchi

Even 7-8 years old today would found a way to watch something that they are restricted to. Aur chalo 7-8 years old can’t. Fir 12-14 vale toh rasta dhundh hi lenge and even their impressionable minds shouldn’t be exposed to such toxicity.

Sau baat ki ek baat — Indian ott is toxic and following a herd mentality. Violence and abuse and explicit content. Fir kya bole — Indian tv is worse. 

Overall I m very scared of how next generation will shape up. ðŸ¤”

Every country has OTT series which are abusive and have violence. It isn't exclusive to India. 

A web series which is clearly made available to just subscribers, is not responsible how it ends in the hands of kids.  We are here discussing  "web series" which isn't aired on free public platforms and platforms which are free like Youtube/Facebook and other social media, all have child control rules. 

Let us not mix televison with web series,  web series is meant to be restricted,  hence it is not available in television.

Ur-Miserable thumbnail

I forgot to write but I meant TV, web, films etc etc in general but I guess you totally missed my point, so I rest my case.

Your point would have been valid if you gave valid examples.

Web series don't air in television, and their access is mostly to the adults,  ans how it gets transferred to kids,  is not responsiblity of web series,  who have done everything in their control to make it only available for the adults.

Televison is different matter,  and this thread isn't about that.  It is about OTT. 

HearMeRoar thumbnail

I have a huge problem this excuse.

There are children growing without parents or adult supervision. There are children on the streets, who end up getting exploited and consuming these content, by wrong means. I have a problem with that.

And you really think, parents can b 24x7 around their toddlers/pre-teens?

Children are ALSO influenced by other children. School are not the only source of education.

We all want a "better" society, but we don't want to do anything.

Not even the least bit we can do. Criminals don't come out out nowhere. They were children once who grow up with  messed up minds.

The makers do not have to take any responsibility for children🤢, but the should have  basic sense of responsibility towards society. 

Keep churning out trash on television/web, and also crib about there are so many things wrong in our country. This is the only thing these makers are good at.🤪🥱

What excuse?

Children ARE their parents' responsibiltiy. Excuses are what is being made by parents. It IS their responsibiltiy to montior what kids are watching. OTTs are not the nanny.

Children on the street watching?😆 When did street children start subscribing to OTT?

Nope. Responsibility belongs 100% to the dad and mom in this particular case. Because OTT happens at home. Devices are bought by parents. It ain't like a drug dealer selling the street corner. 

In fact, I have a suggestion for every parent so worried about *irresponsible* OTTs. Don't subscribe. Bas!😆 Problem khatam. But they want to have their cake and eat it, too. Enjoy the shows and blame the platforms for their children watching.

Edited by HearMeRoar - 3 years ago
Keerthi.02 thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail

Fine. Do not make everything with kids in mind, but at least have some responsibility in portraying what you portray onscreen.

Thank you for allowing us this at least. 

Hello_kitta thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail

All OTT looks like cookie-cutter products. Same dark,thirller,gaali , violence etc.. Difficult to which character is from which series.

diasingh2 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: HearMeRoar

What excuse?

Children ARE their parents' responsibiltiy. Excuses are what is being made by parents. It IS their responsibiltiy to montior what kids are watching. OTTs are not the nanny.

Children on the street watching?😆 When did street children start subscribing to OTT?

Nope. Responsibility belongs 100% to the dad and mom in this particular case. Because OTT happens at home. Devices are bought by parents. It ain't like a drug dealer selling the street corner. 

In fact, I have a suggestion for every parent so worried about *irresponsible* OTTs. Don't subscribe. Bas!😆 Problem khatam. But they want to have their cake and eat it, too. Enjoy the shows and blame the platforms for their children watching.

Btw I never said children are not NOT the responsibility of the parents/legal guardian.

"Tumhare bacche hain, tum jaano. Tumhe nahi pasand. mat dekho".

Because of this mentality, the makers will keep churning out junk and hope these "awoke" parents/guardians are able to track every activity their kid is doing at home/school/after school etc etc

Regarding children without homes/parents/residence.

News flash!  Illegal downloading still happens in India. smiley36Naive of you to think illegal mobile trafficking doesn't not exist OR street children are unaware of "mobiles" and "films" and "television".😵 (don't nitpick here...these webseries are also just "films" for them)

@bold
That's also quite fitting to people who want to stay in the country, crib about what's wrong in our country but still do not want to take any social responsibility from their side.😵

My original reply wasn't even just about children. I also talked about a certain section of the audience who may not be social aware yet, and might be completely missing the point of these dark, gruesome shows .....that us privileged class people love to watch from the comfort of our homes..🥱

The makers don't want to take any responsibility. Fine who is forcing them.🥱
I am just expressing my opinion. I suddenly wouldn't start believing that films/OTT/tv do not have any impact on kids. (supervised or not) I have seen it happening with my own eyes.

Edited by diasingh2 - 3 years ago
pratts thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: HearMeRoar

I kind of agree OTTs should be promoting diverse content. My peeve is only with him calling it toxic. Who decides what content is toxic? What is toxic? Something like an Ekta soap which promotes borderline rape as romance? Or an OTT show which portrays it as the violence it is?

I agree about children watching, but that is up their families. Sentient adults cn easily refuse to watch. 

Such valid points and such a good discussion.  I too agree with the children part.  My only complaint with OTT is the bad language.  Almost every series is filled with cuss words and as someone who does not cuss at all and does not like to listen to swear words, it is just too much for me and have to give up watching them because of the language.  The only exception I made is Paatal Lok, it was too much but I did bear with it for the sake for content but have avoided GOW and others because of cuss language

Mages thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 9 Thumbnail + 7

I am waiting for some comedies or rom-com and romantic love story on OTT platform. I am bored with the contents right now its so boring. I am craving for that genre,i am already sickand tired of dark contents violence thrillers

i don't know what BS trying to point out and but what he is speaking is his pov

not everyone warms up to OTT especially our elders sometime it becomes too uncomfortable becos of what they are showing

coming to TV,well its regressive for us but not for the TV group audience

its all abt preference...TV audience doesn't warm up to OTT and TV cannot work with content based concepts it just doesn't work...its not that makers doesn't want to bring in good contents like ekta says it doesn't work with TV audiences there are restriction due to trps and TV audience have different taste thus she use OTT as the platform and churn out good content with no restriction that goes same for all makers. Many writers complains about that too there bounded by restrictions for TV and the audience are different,though we might call it regressive based on our taste but TV has advance in terms of genre even though we make fun of it. Some actors are comfortable with it and some don't but i hate it when some actors badmouth the medium they should be grateful that whatever they are is due to TV,it gave them the fame and shows them the path to upgrade themselves via web series and films before web and other platforms came in, it was TV who gave them good and shelter. Be thankful for that

I am choosy when it comes to OTT becos it becomes uncomfortable and they should stop showing same genre in every shows dark abusive sex violence cuss words. even a simple sweet story make wonders