Fire and Ice - Agastya and Imlie Character Analysis

PSharada thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 9
Posted: 6 months ago

Hello everyone, 

My first post on the forum. This week's episodes have been a blast and needless to say Sai and Adrija are scorching the screen with their portrayal of Agastya and Imlie - 2 characters that are so very different on the surface level but are inherently they are the same. Here is a small analysis of what I find similar in both of them and their nature. 

Way back I read this poem of Robert Frost and somehow this poem is perfect fit for our Agastya - Imlie. 

Some say the world will end in fire,

Some say in ice.

From what I’ve tasted of desire

I hold with those who favor fire.

But if it had to perish twice,

I think I know enough of hate

To say that for destruction ice

Is also great

And would suffice.

Agastya - a child who was born to a bar singer and a much married man. He did not have his say in why or how he parents choose to bring him into this world. His mother is dead and so is his father. I guess Agastya came to live with the Chaudary family when he was a small child. Like Agastya says - the pain is raw and even though Dadi, his elder brother, chacha - chachi and his bua all accepted him as the son of the family, the step mom never accepted him. The taunts were never ending and the pain was never allowed to heal. It has now become a wound that Agastya carries in his heart. He was so dead against marriage because he does not think marriage is for him. He has become the fire - something that is so hot and fiery that it consumes everything in its path. 

Imlie - a girl who has been dealt a bad hand by destiny. Lost parents when she was small and then lost her elder sister when she was barely a teenager. On top of it she had to become a mother to the motherless child of her sister and she became Imma from Imlie. Imlie most probably started singing at the bar when Ashu was diagnosed of the ailment and for his treatment. She is some one who has learned how to take taunts in her way and brush it off. Her heart wishes to have a normal life but she has to become ice maiden in order to save her only heart beat - Ashu. 

And now Imlie is married to Agastya. Deep down they compliment each other. Both love their families to bits and both would destroy anyone who dares to harm their loved ones. Agastya needs to understand what clicks Imlie and why Imlie had to take the step of agreeing to a contract marriage - he will realize that he will not get a person more better than Imlie. And Imlie when she realizes that the hurt of Agastya and his connection to bar singing profession is personal then she will understand the prejudice that Agastya comes with. Only when they know each other's past will they able to heal each other. 

But one thing is true as the poem above says - For destruction both Fire and Ice are the same. I don't know how the creatives want to take the story forward but I definitely want to see Agastya and Imlie having each other's back and destroying the ones who are causing their love pain. Imlie did that today. She knew that telling the Jeeja's truth is going to destroy Sonali but she choose to do it because that was the only way she could save Agastya and get him what he was after. That is what Sonali alluded to at the end of the episode - Today you got saved by Imlie. Now I really want to see Agastya saving Imlie similarly. 

Hope this post makes sense. Would love to hear your views on this topic. 

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

s_kavya thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail

Lovely post Sharda you have described there characters so beautifully and both actors doing grear job 👏🏻🙌🏻

PinkOrchid thumbnail
Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Anniversary 3 Thumbnail

Love the poem and it’s absolutely perfect for them both♥️.

Every-time I see them I think ying and yang as they compliment each other so well and balance each other out but yeah fire and ice they sure are😍.

Hope it was ok to share my thoughts on your post☺️

PSharada thumbnail

Originally posted by: PinkOrchid

Love the poem and it’s absolutely perfect for them both♥️.

Every-time I see them I think ying and yang as they compliment each other so well and balance each other out but yeah fire and ice they sure are😍.

Hope it was ok to share my thoughts on your post☺️

Yup they are ying and yang for each other. Lovely thoughts. And yes absolutely write your thoughts on my post. The more the merrier. 

joliefemme thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

Lovely post. 

You've written so well. I always love to read your analysis posts. 

The thing is that both these characters have been written very well. On the one side we have Agastya who seemingly has loads of money (that Imlie doesn't) but he has a lot of hidden pain. While the family has accepted him as their own, he can't forget that he's illegitimate. Ofcourse, he had no say in that but he is still reminded of the mistake done by his parents and made to feel guilty. There's a lot of anguish and pain there. While Agastya appears very cool and composed before Sonali most of the times, he's always triggered when the past is brought up. You can see how he reacted to that Chintamani and then Sonali ke taunts. To the point that he loses all his calm and becomes aggressive. He literally goes into a shell. 

I also feel that due to this truth, he does tend to over compensate when it comes to his family. This also explains his extreme actions of not wanting to disappoint the family or save the family legacy business to the point of destroying his own life (and marrying someone under contract). 

May be Imlie will eventually make him realise that he should not be so touchy with this topic as it doesn't achieve anything. With her support, hopefully he gets closure with the past. 

Imlie on the other hand has the worst luck. Never got the love of her parents. Her Mami and cousin torture her and take away all her earnings. Her only family, her sister dying so young leaving her with the responsibility for Ashu. This girl still never gave up and has always been strong in the face of adversity. Ashu has been the only motivating factor in her life and she will even die to keep him safe. This is her selfless love for people around her. She cares for everyone and is a nice human being.

Agastya will fill her life with happiness. He will take care of her and Ashu. Give them the respect they deserve in society and protect them from evils like Mami and bulbul. He will also give Imlie a family that will truly love her and stand by her (just the way they stood by Imlie and questioned Agastya when he got Nyonika home). 

You rightly compared this duo to fire and ice. They both are the yin yang to each other. 

Edited by joliefemme - 5 months ago
MHRW99 thumbnail
Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: PSharada

Hello everyone, 

My first post on the forum. This week's episodes have been a blast and needless to say Sai and Adrija are scorching the screen with their portrayal of Agastya and Imlie - 2 characters that are so very different on the surface level but are inherently they are the same. Here is a small analysis of what I find similar in both of them and their nature. 

Way back I read this poem of Robert Frost and somehow this poem is perfect fit for our Agastya - Imlie. 

Some say the world will end in fire,

Some say in ice.

From what I’ve tasted of desire

I hold with those who favor fire.

But if it had to perish twice,

I think I know enough of hate

To say that for destruction ice

Is also great

And would suffice.

Agastya - a child who was born to a bar singer and a much married man. He did not have his say in why or how he parents choose to bring him into this world. His mother is dead and so is his father. I guess Agastya came to live with the Chaudary family when he was a small child. Like Agastya says - the pain is raw and even though Dadi, his elder brother, chacha - chachi and his bua all accepted him as the son of the family, the step mom never accepted him. The taunts were never ending and the pain was never allowed to heal. It has now become a wound that Agastya carries in his heart. He was so dead against marriage because he does not think marriage is for him. He has become the fire - something that is so hot and fiery that it consumes everything in its path. 

Imlie - a girl who has been dealt a bad hand by destiny. Lost parents when she was small and then lost her elder sister when she was barely a teenager. On top of it she had to become a mother to the motherless child of her sister and she became Imma from Imlie. Imlie most probably started singing at the bar when Ashu was diagnosed of the ailment and for his treatment. She is some one who has learned how to take taunts in her way and brush it off. Her heart wishes to have a normal life but she has to become ice maiden in order to save her only heart beat - Ashu. 

And now Imlie is married to Agastya. Deep down they compliment each other. Both love their families to bits and both would destroy anyone who dares to harm their loved ones. Agastya needs to understand what clicks Imlie and why Imlie had to take the step of agreeing to a contract marriage - he will realize that he will not get a person more better than Imlie. And Imlie when she realizes that the hurt of Agastya and his connection to bar singing profession is personal then she will understand the prejudice that Agastya comes with. Only when they know each other's past will they able to heal each other. 

But one thing is true as the poem above says - For destruction both Fire and Ice are the same. I don't know how the creatives want to take the story forward but I definitely want to see Agastya and Imlie having each other's back and destroying the ones who are causing their love pain. Imlie did that today. She knew that telling the Jeeja's truth is going to destroy Sonali but she choose to do it because that was the only way she could save Agastya and get him what he was after. That is what Sonali alluded to at the end of the episode - Today you got saved by Imlie. Now I really want to see Agastya saving Imlie similarly. 

Hope this post makes sense. Would love to hear your views on this topic. 

What a lovely post ♥️ 

awida thumbnail
Jimmy Jab Games Season 4 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 10 Thumbnail + 7

You are most welcomed.smiley31

I loved reading your post as you expressed what we all feel so beautifully. smiley27

I want to read more from you.

I love how Imlie is very sensitive. She knows how to win Agastiya's heart by her small gestures.smiley9 He also is protecting her and feeling her pain. He is not admitting his feelings but their fights show how much they are into eachother.smiley42

myviewprem thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 5 months ago

I would like to say this about both characters

Agastya has lot of past emotional baggage. First hes an illegitimate child and world does not really respect such kids. Although Choudhary family accepted him his step mom, step sister, jeeja have not really accepted him and keep reminding him hes illegitimate. Further his mom was a bar dancer of all not a respectable profession in world. And worlds eyes are always looking at him with hatred and accusations and humilation. Although because choudhar family adopted him gave him their name and family etc hes got a comfortable life went to US to study highly educated and very rich. 

But since hes an illegetimate child hes guilty inside at what his mom dad did to houdhary family betrayed them by having relationship outside marraige. Although he keeps justfying saying step mom did not give his father love? Excuse does that mean all men who cheat do not get care of wife? No its in some human character to cheat  So to show hes thankful to them for accepting him wants to prove them hes not a bad apple like his mom dad. He will never betray their trust in him. But now by marrying Imlie a bar girl hes ensured that he will break his dad and full family trust if truth comes out. Because for contract marriage he could have married anyone decent family and profession too. Nowadays for money ppl can do anything after all hes agastya choudhary and many women will be ready to marry him temp as it will make them rich and famous too. Now since sonali knows imlie truth actually hes in catch 22 situation 

Regarding imlie her fate s as worst as agastya though better as shes not illegitimate kid. But she is an rhan no family no parents had tough life very poor and had to struggle to get anything in life. She also has become mother to her nephew and had to even become bar dancer to save his life. 

Hopefully Agastya gave her respect she deserves giving her wife status. And she stops anyone from taking advantage of Agastya because hes an illegitimate kid specially his step mom, sister and jeeja ji. All his life at home his mom and sister have taunted him treated him like competition than family sohe has that feeling of not belonging to choudharys. He wants to keep proving hes worthy of choudhary name that normal legitimate kids do not really do. The burden of being a najayaaz kid who has been given roof and taken care of at choudhary home while in real world no family actually accepts an illegtimate kids at home is too much for agastya. This can go away only when his step mom and sonali accept him from heart as their own 

Hopefully imlie and his brothers kid give him a semblence of being loved and wanted unconditionally although hes illegtimate kid. In his nephew agastya will see reflection of himself his struggle and hence adopt and give his name to his nephew become his father.  Also seeing imolie dedication to his nephew he will fall in love with her 

Edited by myviewprem - 5 months ago
joliefemme thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: myviewprem

I would like to say this about both characters

Agastya has lot of past emotional baggage. First hes an illegitimate child and world does not really respect such kids. Although Choudhary family accepted him his step mom, step sister, jeeja have not really accepted him and keep reminding him hes illegitimate. Further his mom was a bar dancer of all not a respectable profession in world. And worlds eyes are always looking at him with hatred and accusations and humilation. Although because choudhar family adopted him gave him their name and family etc hes got a comfortable life went to US to study highly educated and very rich. 

But since hes an illegetimate child hes guilty inside at what his mom dad did to houdhary family betrayed them by having relationship outside marraige. Although he keeps justfying saying step mom did not give his father love? Excuse does that mean all men who cheat do not get care of wife? No its in some human character to cheat  So to show hes thankful to them for accepting him wants to prove them hes not a bad apple like his mom dad. He will never betray their trust in him. But now by marrying Imlie a bar girl hes ensured that he will break his dad and full family trust if truth comes out. Because for contract marriage he could have married anyone decent family and profession too. Nowadays for money ppl can do anything after all hes agastya choudhary and many women will be ready to marry him temp as it will make them rich and famous too. Now since sonali knows imlie truth actually hes in catch 22 situation 

Regarding imlie her fate s as worst as agastya though better as shes not illegitimate kid. But she is an rhan no family no parents had tough life very poor and had to struggle to get anything in life. She also has become mother to her nephew and had to even become bar dancer to save his life. 

Hopefully Agastya gave her respect she deserves giving her wife status. And she stops anyone from taking advantage of Agastya because hes an illegitimate kid 

@bold, don't you think he was badly cornered to marry. He was literally sitting on a deadline. He knew Sonali conspired with Nyonika to trap him in the marriage. If he refused, Dadi would give the business to Sonali. If he married Nyonika, he would lose control over his own life. If he had the time that day, he would have thought of better options than to marry Imlie under a contract. 

See after marrying Imlie, he had to give her a ton of money, give money to her greedy family to pretend being rich to meet his family, the risk that the family won't be able to pretend being rich, paying off chintamani to hide her truth, now there's still a risk that his family gets to know of her profession (as she's a famous bar singer) and about the contract marriage. 

There's a risk he will be compared to his father to got a bar singer home or into the family, or when Nyonika comes as a third angle, the fact that he wants two women at a time. 

Yeh sab Raita dadi ka faila hua hai. 

PSharada thumbnail

Thank you everyone for who responded here. I know I should reply back to all of you. I am a little busy but we can continue this discussions tomorrow hopefully.