SS ~ Heart on the Line ~ Note page 44

MafiaQueen thumbnail
Easter Egg Contest Winner (2023) 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 5 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 2 years ago

Prologue: 

“Are you about done?” Geet questioned her father on the phone. 

“What do you think?” 

Geet sighed and rolled her eyes. “Fine, continue on. But it does mean that it’s entering one ear and escaping through the ear” she helpfully informed. It was always the same. Her almost daily calls ended with her calling her husband all the names under the sun and each time. She used to argue at first, but then it had become so repetitive that she resigned to just sighing and rolling her eyes. Her husband and father will never see eye to eye so there isn’t much that can be done. 

“Ok, dad. I’ve arrived home now so I’m going to speak to you later” she cut him off mentally cheering on that she’d finally arrived. She switched off the engine and climbed out of the car giving her dad a quick bye on the phone and climbed out. 

Geet smiled brightly, the trip to her parent’s house was great as always but she missed being home and with her husband. She opened the back door unbuckling the belt and lifted her sleeping daughter out of the booster seat and carried her inside. 

She unlocked the door knowing her husband was going to be dead to the world as always, he went to sleep no later than 11pm as always considering his body a temple. 

She placed the keys into the bowl by the entry hall and climbed the stairs walking towards their daughter’s bedroom. 

She tucked their daughter into her bed and pressed a kiss to her forehead before standing and walking out towards her bedroom. 

Geet’s footsteps slowed, she felt her breath hitch in her throat as she neared the bedroom. Her entire body shuddered as she heard the muffled sounds coming from her bedroom. 

She clenched her fists dreading on entering and bit down on her lip. 

Tears stung in her eyes as she figured out, but her heart almost didn’t want to believe it. 

She opened the door and looked away in disgust. 

“Geet!” 

Scroll down for Chapter 1 & 2... 

This is going to be an SS for now. 

NB: Not an MG cheating story in case you're worried 

Edited by MafiaQueen - 2 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

MafiaQueen thumbnail

Index 

Prologue - Scroll above

Chapter 1 - Scroll down

Chapter 2 - Scroll down 

Chapter 3 - Click here

Chapter 4 - Click here

Chapter 5 - Click here

Chapter 6 - Click here

Chapter 7 - Click here

Chapter 8 - Click here

Chapter 9 - Click here

Chapter 10 - Click here

Chapter 11 - Click here

Chapter 12 - Click here

Chapter 13 - Click here

Chapter 14 - Click here

Chapter 15 - Click here

Chapter 16 - 

Edited by MafiaQueen - 1 years ago
MafiaQueen thumbnail

Chapter 1 

6 months later 

There should be a sense of relief that should come from being divorced, right? But Geet couldn’t feel that. She felt her heart crack multiple times as her divorce finalised. 

Her dad was right all this time. 

Rahul was not good for her. But she hadn’t listened. 

She had listened to her heart. The same heart that soared whenever he was near. The same heart that was consumed and overwhelmed with love for him. 

Her heart was wrong. 

But she couldn’t mope around and cry anymore. She had no more tears left for the cheating husband of hers. She was going to be moving on. Moving forward with her daughter. 

“Is this it, mama?” Nyra asked with widened doe shaped eyes. 

Geet looked down at her daughter and smiled. “Yep, baby girl” she nodded and looked at the view in front of her. “Our new home”.

She glanced over her shoulder at the sounds of a truck and cars. “Looks like everyone is here” she muttered. 

“Nana!” Nyra released Geet’s hand trotting down the porch steps and running towards Viraj as he climbed out of the car. 

Viraj chuckled lifting her up in his arms and smiled broadly. 

“Dis my new home” Nyra pointed excitedly. 

“I can see that” he beamed nodding his head. 

“You’re nodding your head like a bobble head dad” Yash chuckled grabbing a box from the truck and lifted it. “What the fu… fudge is in here?” he winced plastering a smile at Nyra.

“What does it say on the box?” Payal asked peering on the side. “Oh, it’s the dinner set”.

“Be careful with that!” Geet yelled from the porch. 

“Shut up!” Yash scowled as he walked across with the box and entered after she opened the door for them. 

Megha walked inside glancing around. “Geet, this is really nice” she praised. 

“Thanks, mama” Geet grinned widely. The property was nice. It was on a quiet street, 3 bedrooms with ensuite and a spare bathroom downstairs. A living room and an open space kitchen which would allow her to cook up food and be able to watch her daughter at the same time. Large patio doors which led to the backyard where she could let her daughter go out to play and not worry about going missing as it was fenced all around. 

Megha rolled her eyes hearing the commotion of her family as they trundled inside with the boxes and nattered on about anything and everything. 

“I hep mama” Nyra asked hopefully. 

“Hmm, let’s go get a box” she agreed nodding her head and stepped out heading towards the truck and looked for a light weight box. She found the cushions and pulled a cushion out and held out for Nyra. “Can you carry this for me?” 

“Yeah, mama” she grinned stretching out her tiny hands. 

Geet placed the cushion into her hands and gestured her to head on towards the door as she lifted the box and followed behind. 

“I do it mama” Nyra cheerfully told her. She stopped at the bottom of the porch steps. “Mama, hep” she pouted her lips clutching the cushion to her tiny chest and tried finding the step. 

“Gotcha” Varun swiftly swung her up making Nyra squeal delightfully and laugh. 

“Gen! Vawun”

“Uncle” Geet corrected.

“Vawun uncle” Nyra echoed. “Gen! Gen”. 

Geet shook her head and walked inside placing the box down. She rummaged through and found the box which had the kitchen appliances in and pulled them out. 

“Who wants tea or coffee?” 

An echo of me vibrated through the open space. 

The next couple of hours was spent with the Singhania clan helping Geet and Nyra settle into their home. Viraj, Varun and Yash put fixed the bed in the main bedroom and the little bed for Nyra in her room. Megha, Mansi and Payal helped Geet unpacked the clothes and hang them in the fitted wardrobes which were already there and ready to be used. 

“The sofa, table, chairs and pretty much all of the big stuff is coming tomorrow” Varun informed Geet as they sat on the living room floor eating pizza together.

“Hmm, who can come help to put the table together?” Geet asked. 

“I’ll drop by after work with bhai” Yash informed. Varun nodded in agreement. 

“Don’t try doing it yourself” Viraj added sternly. 

“Yes, got it” she replied smiling in his direction. 

Geet smiled watching as everyone embracing Nyra. Megha had even teared up and peppered kisses all over Nyra’s face. 

“Nani” Nyra giggled. 

“Mama, we’re only 20 minutes away” Geet chuckled.

“Shut up. Why couldn’t you just stay with us for a little bit longer?” Megha complained hugging Nyra to her. 

“Because there isn't enough space” she reminded. 

“Why don’t you return with Nyra?” Megha suggested. “I’ll send those two packing off to Varun’s” she pointed to Mansi and Payal. 

“Mama!” Payal and Mansi yelled simultaneously. 

“She’s joking” Viraj laughed. “Megha, come on. We need to get going” he waved his wife over. 

Megha reluctantly released Nyra from her arms and pouted at Geet. “Take care of yourself” she told her embracing Geet and pressed a kiss to her cheeks. “Call me anytime, ok?”

“Ok, mama. I can handle it” she laughed. 

Megha sighed and nodded. “Ok, fine. I’ll be here tomorrow as well to check in on you”.

“Don’t come early, Nyra and I are going to be sleeping in” she told her. 

Megha agreed and gave them both another hug before she followed behind her husband to the car. Mansi and Payal crouched giving Nyra a quick hug and kissed Geet’s cheeks. 

“I’ll see you tomorrow, Nemo” Varun told Nyra brushing his fingers through her curls. 

“Its Nywa, vawun” she corrected. 

“Uncle” Geet pointed out. 

“Uncle” she copied. 

“Ok, nemo” Varun smirked.

“Nywa!”

“Leave before I kick you down those steps” Geet nudged him. “You’re riling her up now and I’m going to be dealing with her tantrums”.

“Alright, alright. See you tomorrow, princess” he chuckled squeezing her cheeks. 

“You bwing chocolate” Nyra smiled sheepishly.

“You bet” he nodded kissing her cheeks. 

“Call us if you need anything” Yash told Geet hugging her and pressed a kiss to her forehead. 

“I will” she smiled watching as he crouched down to Nyra’s level and held up his hands for a high five then a hug followed by a tug of each other’s nose. One that had become a traditional bye between Yash and Nyra. 

Geet clasped Nyra’s hand waving at her family as they drove away. 

“Mama” Nyra looked up at her mother after they were all gone. 

“Yeah, baby?” 

“I miss dem”.

“Oh, baby I do too” she nodded. “Shall we go inside and give you a bath? You can take your princess and cars in the bath”.

Nyra grinned nodding her head eagerly and bounced on her toes following Geet inside. 

~ Geet's Family ~

Geet aged 26 years 

Nyra aged 3 

Ex husband: Rahul aged 27 years 

~Parents and siblings~

Viraj aged 51 years old 

Megha aged 50 years old

Varun aged 28 years 

Yash aged 24 years old 

Payal aged 22 years old 

Mansi aged 22 years old 

Nyra

MafiaQueen thumbnail

Chapter 2 

What the f*ck! Maan lifted his head hearing a lawnmower. He turned his head and glared seeing it was only 9am. That too on a Saturday!

He climbed out of his bed dressed only in his boxers and stepped out onto the balcony searching for the source of the loud sounds. He blinked and tilted his head suddenly awake like the morning wood tenting his boxers. 

He saw the profile of a female, she was dressed in a pair of shorts and a vest, a messy bun sitting at the top of her head as she pushed the lawnmower. He tried seeing her face, but she had her back to him. He pushed aside her sexy bottom and scrunched his nose at the echo of her lawnmower. 

“Hey!” he called. 

She didn’t turn around nor seem to acknowledge him. It wasn’t that surprising since the lawnmower was loud as anything. 

“Hey!” he yelled again. “F*cking hell, are you deaf?” he yelled again just as it switched off. His eyes widened as did the little girl who’d ran out and stared with her mouth gaping widely. 

The sexy bottom turned and he gulped seeing her shooting daggers. 

“Mama! He said a bad word” the young child pointed. “I tell my nana”.

“Are you insane?” the sexy bottom yelled at him. 

“Uh…” he looked at her momentarily dumbfounded. Not only did sexy bottom have a sexy bottom, she also had a rounded belly in the front. Damn he thought as his morning wood was suddenly turned off. 

“Now who’s deaf!” 

“Uh, I’m not deaf” he snapped out of his thoughts. “You seemed to be for a moment”.

“What do you want?” she crossed her arms glaring at him. His eyes wandered down to her cleavage. 

Abort! Abort, Maan! She’s pregnant and married! 

“Can you not mow your lawn later? Some people are trying to sleep here” he responded shoving his wandering thoughts to the back of his mind. 

“It’s 9am! Wake up, it’s morning” she snapped. 

Woof. Woof. 

Maan scowled and turned his head hearing the scratches to his door and barking. He returned inside opening his door and looked down at his excited loyal golden retriever wagging his tail excitedly. 

“You heard it was morning, didn’t you?” he grumbled. 

Pepper barked wagging his tail. 

“Alright, come on” he gestured heading downstairs and out to the backyard. 

He opened the door letting Pepper out who’d barked excitedly running around the garden before going to the corner and relieving himself near the bushes. 

“Mama, it’s doggy” the little girl squealed pointing over the fence. 

Maan turned and looked at the irate pregnant woman and the excited young child. He stepped out walking across and stood near his fence. “Hello neighbour” he smiled. 

“Really?” the woman threw her hands on her hips. “Now, you’re being a smiling neighbour after you swore. That too in front of my daughter” she pointed. “Don’t you have any clothes?” she scowled as he’d stepped out only in his boxers. 

“Hey, I didn’t know. I also didn’t know you were going to turn off that lawnmower” he pointed out. “I have clothes, but it’s morning and I can wear what I want” he added. 

“Can I palay with doggy?” the little one looked up at him with stars in her eyes. 

Maan looked at the glowering mother then back down at her daughter. “Of course, but your mummy doesn’t look very happy” he pointed. 

“Mama, I palay? Pweety please” she batted her eyelashes.

“Not now, baby girl” the irritation disappeared, and a softness took over her face as she looked down at her daughter. “We can play another day. You need to eat breakfast as well” she reminded then lifted her head looking at him. Her eyes narrowed once again, and her lips pressed into a thin line. “Mr neighbour please watch your mouth next time. You’re living next door to a child. And wear some clothes!”.

“It’s Maan” he stated and looked at the young child. “What’s your name, darling?” 

“Don’t tell him” the mother said just as the young one answered.

“Nyra”

“Ok, Nyra this is pepper” Maan pointed to Pepper who was now sniffing the lawn and barking every few seconds. “Pepper!” he whistled and the little cherub lifted his head wagging his tail barking and ran to his side. 

“Papa” Nyra squealed. “Hi Papa”.

“Pepper” he chuckled. “So, what’s your name?” Maan looked at angry mama. “Are you hangry by any chance?” he gestured to her belly. a

“Mama name is Geet” Nyra said when Geet only glared. 

“Nyra” Geet looked down at her daughter exasperated. “What did mama say about stranger danger?” she asked. 

“I… dunno” Nyra pouted shrugging her shoulders. “I palay now with papa”.

“Pepper” Maan corrected with a smile. “Unless she meant papa” he added looking confused. 

“Say bye, Nyra” Geet said to her gesturing to him. 

“Bye stwanger” Nyra grinned waving as Geet tugged her along. 

“It’s Maan” he called out. 

“Mama say you stwanger danger” Nyra called over her shoulder. 

“Nyra, stop talking!”.

“Bye Papa!”

“Pepper” Maan corrected with a laugh. 

“I said dat. Papa” she was cut off when Geet slid the patio door closed. 

Maan smirked at the irate sexy bottom as she glowered at him before pulling the curtains closed. He looked down at Pepper and grinned. Pepper smiled back letting out an excited bark wagging his tail. 

Pepper

Kkiran thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Aww new story seems very exciting. Looks like Geet has a nice large family. Her ex husband is garbage but looks like she is doing well for herself. I am confused so she has Nyra and is expecting another child? Papa, pepper Nyra is just so cute. 

maangeet.gmmg thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 5

Aww wonderful such a beautiful Story waiting to read more

swapna.p thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

Congrats for new story..

Awesome updates..

Continue soon..

Creampuff thumbnail
Anniversary 5 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2

Yippee a new story 🥳

Geet is starting over with her little daughter & another child on the way after her husband cheated on her 

Sounds like she has an amazing supportive family 

So maan is the new neighbor who is attracted to geet 

& nyra sounds adorable .,.,,, I think she will become best friends with pepper 

Thank you , 

Pls continue 

waterlotus.19 thumbnail
Anniversary 3 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Wow!

New Story!

Do continue!
Seems interesting!

So Geet is divorced, with a daughter from that marriage!

What is Maan's status?

Nice that Geet had a lovely family!

Well, they understood and welcomed her back, I guess!

As for Maan, is he Geet's family's next door neighbour?

Am a bit confused..

How Nyra called Pepper Papa.. or was it indicative of calling Maan as Papa??

Waiting to see how this story unfolds!

Love the way you express each emotion of each character with your narrative!

Kudos!

Cheers, 

Neeraja

waterlotus.19 thumbnail
Anniversary 3 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Awesome Title to the story!

Very captivating and encouraging!  👏👏