Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

Rishi Kapoors dancing ability despite being fat?

Posted: 3 years ago

From the 1970s to the late 1990s, Rishi Kapoor was among the best dancers of bollywood. Where did he learn his dancing ? how did he dance so much despite being over weight?

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

HearMeRoar thumbnail

This content was originally posted by: jeetuji

From the 1970s to the late 1990s, Rishi Kapoor was among the best dancers of bollywood. Where did he learn his dancing ? how did he dance so much despite being over weight?

He didn't gain weight until much later in life.

Some people are good dancer naturally.

SRK_Deewani92 thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2

Oh did I miss something because I don't remember him being classified in the best dancers list ๐Ÿ˜• He was a brilliant actor.. but dancing was not his thing in my knowledge.

loginidran thumbnail
Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 3 Thumbnail

Actually all of the Kapoors (well of course except Kareena ๐Ÿ˜†)  seem to be good dancers with a good sense of rhythm & beat .  We already know Karishma and Ranbir are excellent dancers. Even Shammi, Shashi, Randheer danced well.

This content was originally posted by: SRK_Deewani92

Oh did I miss something because I don't remember him being classified in the best dancers list ๐Ÿ˜• He was a brilliant actor.. but dancing was not his thing in my knowledge.

He was and the best thing about him was the confidence he showed dancing despite being overweight

Sea-stars thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 4

Actually right. I only know Govinda as the best dancer during that time. Saroj Khan even prefers him more than Hrithik.

IAmLuvBolly thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 7

He definitely wasnโ€™t a Govinda or a Mithun of his generation but he had rhythm.  He wasnโ€™t awkward with two left feet. He knew what he was doing with the beat of the music. Also he had this cute chocolate face in his younger years and well into middle age so that helped.  Actually itโ€™s kind of hard to reconcile some of his comments and twitter fights with the sweet baby face of those 80s movies.  

This content was originally posted by: Tippy-top

Actually right. I only know Govinda as the best dancer during that time. Saroj Khan even prefers him more than Hrithik.

Between 1974 - 1997 , Rishi Kapoor was among the best dancers, Govinda only danced good in the late 80s and his career span was much shorter then Rishi

And like I said Rishi didnt even shy from dancing even when he started getting a fat tummy

Edited by jeetuji - 3 years ago
loginidran thumbnail
Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 3 Thumbnail

Have you seen anything more adorable than this 

(BTW, looks like the jackets of both the father and son got interchanged- though they still managed just fine๐Ÿ˜†)

https://youtu.be/5WtojvKl3Ho

HearMeRoar thumbnail

This content was originally posted by: cutejodikangal

Have you seen anything more adorable than this 

(BTW, looks like the jackets of both the father and son got interchanged- though they still managed just fine๐Ÿ˜†)

The way Ranbir was acting toward his dad in the video was very sweet