Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Rekha_ji thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 4 years ago

ZINDAGI NA MILEGI DOBARA is the first film that comes to mind. I liked it when I watched it but the praise it got was way over the top. The music is overrated (I didn't love any of the songs). The performances are overrated (Hrithik's nomination for Best Actor?? Katrina's nominations. Farhan's awards!!!) Although I thought Kalki was the best thing in the movie, and Abhay was the best male actress.

YEH JAWAANI HAI DEEWANI from the list. It's cute but the way some people hailed it as some kind of landmark was a big no.

Sorry but as much as I loved it HAHK has aged super badly. DDLJ is by far the superior film when it comes to 90s family dramas.

Krantikari thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2

3 Idiots, Stree, Andhadhun, Dangal.

The only one which had a solid entertainment factor was 3 Idiots. At the time it felt like WOW what a great film, but now that I'm older I can see how flawed it is. Farhan's character is the saving grace of the film IMO.

The other three bored me to tears.

.KISS-my-ASS. thumbnail

Originally posted by: taniya.91

NOT AT ALL.

HAHK  still provides that full wholesome entertainment which it did in its original run...thats why its (along with AAA) been called a magical movie which never fails to entertain regardless of how many times one watched it  , and its been said by many industry insiders and public as well which I read on various forums and blogs over the years.

HAHK was a bit unrealistic even in 1994, but wholesome entertaining, and entertainment is what  the number one objective of cinegoers/movie-buffs....ddlj, very unlike hahk seems really boring now.

Respect your different opinion, contrary to many, but needs to end this debate right here.

Enjoy the thread.

------------------------

Opinion not fact

pink_kitten thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 8

DDLJ (Have yet to finish it till now) and YJHD is absolutely terrible other than the songs imo

simrata thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: v_nakshara

I respect different opinions but as several people mentioned in the thread if DDLJ is in the list then HAHK should be there. Just because you still enjoyed the movie doesnโ€™t mean others still do. HAHK was never entertaining in my opinion & was completely unrealistic. 

Absolutely 

In 90s people call HAHK just another marriage cassette (CD) but even as a kid I enjoyed both DDLJ and HAHK

Edited by -sim- - 4 years ago

It was called a marriage video even in 1994

Yet

The marriage video became the highest grosser biggest hit in the entire history of Indian cinema till date

The same marriage video still continued to be called the most wholesome entertainer even till today with Andaz apna apna at almost every filmy forum by a huge majority.

Such "timeless entertainers" cannot be added to such lists.

Baaki agreed with everything.

joycee19 thumbnail
Anniversary 5 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

DDLJ is plain bore. Never understood the hype

Yeh Jawani... it's an ok movie, nothing special happening. 

Nothing meaningful to say.

HearMeRoar thumbnail

Originally posted by: taniya.91

It was called a marriage video even in 1994

Yet

The marriage video became the highest grosser biggest hit in the entire history of Indian cinema till date

The same marriage video still continued to be called the most wholesome entertainer even till today with Andaz apna apna at almost every filmy forum by a huge majority.

Such "timeless entertainers" cannot be added to such lists.

Baaki agreed with everything.

๐Ÿ˜† HAHK was a terrible movie then, saved by the stars and the music. Now that the stars no longer have the same aura, it gets laughed at for its sheer cheesiness.

Andaz Apna Apna was a flop when it released. It later went to be appreciated o the sheer over-the-topness. 

Neither is a timeless anything.

Originally posted by: joycee19

DDLJ is plain bore. Never understood the hype

Ddlj was a novel concept with the way it was presented..Half movie in foreign locals, and half after interval was very different with all the desi tadka very unlike pre interval. 

(although such presentation was already been done in film Sangam...rajkapoor's one) 

but after that many films were made on that pattern. 

Ddlj even that time seems super letahrgic esp. post interval portions to many in its original run, but it had its own charm, which now faded away with time.

Originally posted by: MahanalayakKarn

๐Ÿ˜† HAHK was a terrible movie then, saved by the stars and the music. Now that the stars no longer have the same aura, it gets laughed at for its sheer cheesiness.

Andaz Apna Apna was a flop when it released. It later went to be appreciated o the sheer over-the-topness. 

Neither is a timeless anything.

Both are timeless classics.

* If HAHK would've been saved by the STARS & music, then dil tera aashiq, released just one year before hahk would not have been a flop, having the exact same leading stars and with absolute superhit music....isn't it ?

* Hahk is a work of genius....reason being, its not a child's play to make a movie without any twists & turns and proper storyline, in a way that it entertains many generations since its original run. thats called the magic of film craft, screenplay & layered direction...

audience were/are not mad who gave the biggest historical hit of indian cinema tag to a terrible movie, just based on its star cast and good music...as I said if it would have been the case, dil tera aashiq would have been another historical hit, or atleast an alltime block buster, not a flat flop.

:)

--------------------------------------------

Edited by taniya.91 - 4 years ago