Maroonporsche thumbnail
Posted: 1 years ago

DC League of Super-Pets 

This movie was a whole lot of fun 

return_to_hades thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6

Scream 5

Wes Craven's Scream franchise is an iconic horror franchise of the 90s and oughts. Like Laurie Strode, Scream's Sidney Prescott is a legendary Scream Queen of her own. And for horror fans, Courteney Cox is not Monica Geller, but Gale Weathers the newswoman from the franchise. 

As explained in a meta monologue in the film, Scream 5 is a requel - neither reboot nor sequel but a bit of both. It introduces us to new teens and Scream Queens while bringing back Sidney Prescott, Gale Weathers, and Dewey Riley from the original. The movie pays homage to Wes Craven's legendary series while also indulging in self-aware ribbing and commentary on the series. 

Scream 5 subscribes to horror tropes and isn't groundbreaking by any means. But the bringing together of two generations and unpredictable entertainment make this a franchise to look forward too. It would be a bummer if Sidney Prescott doesn't come back - because she's Screams OG Scream Queen. 

MaebyFunke thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3

Better call saul 

Finally caught up to it and it was GLORIOUS. It starts out slow just as Breaking Bad, a trademark of Vince but gets so much better from season 3. The backstory to Jimmy as a struggling lawyer and him finally becoming Saul, a sleezy corrupt cartel lawyer is well written. You get so much background on all the characters that had character roles in BB, be it Mike or Nacho. Kim Wexler is also probably the best written female character of recent decade. No kidding. Howard and Chuck were great. 

Coming to villains, I thought Gus was scary but the addition of Lalo on the Salamanca side is superhuman like. I would have liked to see more of Tuco however. Watching this you release how much of Walt's rise to power as Heisenberg is just dumb luck. BCS sets the background for BB to take off the way it did. 

10/10 easily

Edited by DetachednNumb - 1 years ago

Guardians of the Galaxy: Holiday Special

This is a silly time pass special that seems to be written for kids. Cute with some funny bits. But overall, nothing engaging. 

Falling for Christmas

Christmas movies are typically family-friendly feel-good cinema and not necessarily landmarks in filmmaking. Like other Christmas movies, Falling for Christmas is nothing to write home about - but presents a cozy enjoyable holiday viewing nonetheless. 

There are two highlights of the movie though

- Lindsey Lohan's comeback. It's nice to see her back in leading roles. She's easy and graceful in front of the camera. 

- This movie is Overboard without any of the creepy and problematic stuff. The rich heiress is privileged and entitled without being malicious. There is no slimy revenge sub plot or taking advantage of a woman in crisis. Just a woman with amnesia, a good samaritan, and class-conflict hijinks. 

Taco Chronicles: Cross the Border

An interesting exploration of how tacos adapted and evolved in USA. Makes you mull on what authentic really means in terms of food. 

The Northman

Technically a very sound movie with great acting, camera work, and score. But it falters due to languid pacing and the action not being larger than life. 

1t1svat1t1s thumbnail
Originally posted by: Life_Is_Dutiful

I just watched the dubbed hindi version of PS1. The vfx, sets, costumes were great. All the actresses looked beautiful and amazing. These are the only good parts of the movie.

It's made mostly for the south indian audience. North Indian audience must have found the story boring and confusing. No wonder it didn't earn much money in North India. Not every South Indian period film can be loved and adored by people outside South the way Bahubali was loved and adored simply because Bahubali's story was relatable and simple. PS1 story was far more complicated. However the movie ended on a very interesting note. I liked the fact that every character in the story is grey, no one is completely black or completely white.

It’s for the Tamil audience, to be precise. South India consists of 5 states of which TamilNadu is just one state whose moviegoers are the main target audience of this movie. In the other states, including the North Indian states, the movie had a limited release and did fairly good numbers. The thing is it It still made 500 crores worldwide.

And I agree about it being not as interesting as Baahubali. I couldn’t catch it when it was in the theaters and not able to finish watching it at home, though the taking and cinematography are quite breathtaking.

Edited by 1t1svat1t1s - 1 years ago
Maroonporsche thumbnail

A Hollywood Christmas

10 on 10

So much fun

Watch it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UpZXbCbJ6M0

FlyOnTheWall thumbnail
Jimmy Jab Games Season 2 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3

Thik bhai 

Dekhta hu kal sham ko 

Bad Moms: Christmas

Bad Moms is a trashy raunchy girl's comedy about the pressures of perfect motherhood. Bad Moms: Christmas brings back the three moms and their moms to explore the intergenerational trauma passed on by mothers to daughters. 

Love Hard

The premise is kind of problematic, and the reviews are mixed, so I wasn't expecting much. But, I enjoyed this movie much more than I expected.

At first, Josh Lin seems like a creepy incel type. He catfishes a woman and tries to make her feel bad about women ignoring him. But then Natalie Bauer is also doing the same. She's pretending to be someone she's not just to win over a guy. 

And Josh is nothing like your first impressions. Sure he is shy, awkward, and unable to woo girls. But he doesn't believe that women owe him attention. He's incredibly guilty about catfishing Natalie. He turns out to be an incredibly sweet, supportive, and talented guy who would be quite a catch if he only had the confidence. 

Natalie, too is flawed. She's been searching for an impossible picture-perfect movie romance where she nitpicks and finds flaws in seemingly decent men. She would rather pretend to be someone she's not for a hot guy than look beyond the looks of someone she had a genuine connection with (granted, he catfished her). 

Its actually a cutesy movie and IMO wins halfway through the movie after the non-rapey rendition of Baby It's Cold Outside.