Posted: 1 years ago

Re-watched Welcome to celebrate its 15 years anniversary, I forgot how great this film is.

Originally posted by lauriesa

Re-watched Welcome to celebrate its 15 years anniversary, I forgot how great this film is.

Love that movie sooo much. Cracks me up every time I watch it.

Rewatched Drishyam to prep for Drishyam2 - Relived the masterpiece 

Codename Tiranga - Sooo random and illogical. 1 * Parineeti has forgotten how to deliver dialogues. Seems like the makers watched some spy movies like TZH, War, BB Aiyaari etc and contacted all the supporting cast to be part of a next level random film they were going to make and then took leads at last moment. Only good thing Hardy Sandhu looked hot as a Turkish doctor. But when it came to acting he too stumbled so bad. 

Yashoda - Much unrealistic but keeps you hooked. Great screenplay and good acting by Samantha Prabhu. The script is ok but the suspense element is promising. A good OTW. 

Goodbye - Started watching but left it after 15 mins because too emotional and depressing . Acting seemed good. 

Raya and the Last Dragon

This Disney film has no prince charming or romance altogether. The film is based on South East Asian mythology, where dragons are benevolent Godlike beings who help humans flourish. After a dark evil has taken over the land and destroyed all dragons and peace between clans, Raya takes on the task of finding the last dragon and reuniting the kingdoms. The overall message is about peace and cooperation. 

Did anyone else notice the sexual tension between Raya and Namari? 

Strange World

Years ago, Searcher Clade discovered a plant called Pando on an expedition. It was also the expedition where he lost his father. Now Pando supplies energy and sustenance to Avalonia, where Searcher lives. Searcher farms Pando and has given up adventuring. He lives an idyllic life with his wife and son. 

But when the Pando starts dying of an unfamiliar plant disease, Searcher is compelled to reluctantly embark on another expedition. This expedition leads him to a Strange World and a lot more than he bargained for. The overall theme is about living harmoniously with our ecosystem. 

Glass Onion: A Knives Out Mystery

Knives Out was a flash in the pan. It was a brilliant murder mystery that combined wacky humor and tons of twists and turns to a classic whodunnit. Glass Onion brings back the detective Benoit Blanc to a brand new mystery. Unfortunately, Glass Onion is nowhere near as brilliant or funny as Knives Out. It even meanders and spends too much time on exposition. But despite its flaws and shortcomings Glass Onion is damn entertaining and a hell of a murder mystery. The cameos and namedrops are a hoot. 

But what was up with that weird stoner guy?  

Where the crawdads sing- emotional movie which starts off on a sad note but the film is good and I loved the ending. 

Glass onion- I liked the film but it pales in comparison to the previous one. I liked Serena's cameo. The fire scene was kick ass.

Edited by priya185 - 1 years ago

Cruella

Cruella DeVil is one of the most compelling Disney villains. This live-action film traces the origin of the monstrous villain. The movie is campy, delightful, and fun. Emma Thompson and Emma Stone are having a hoot with their dark twisted characters. While I can see where Cruella gets her mean and dark streak - I can't imagine her becoming a wannabe puppy killer. 

Guess we will have to wait for the sequels - kind of like Anakin. 

Oh, and I love how Disney went all in queer coding Cruella. 

Aladdin

Making a live-action version of Aladdin seems to do nothing but check some boxes of diversity hiring for Disney. And believe me, I am grateful for it - Naomi Scott is a blessing for the eyes and Menna Massoud also grows on you. It's an alright film. Maybe even good on its own. But when you're a 90's kid who jammed to the OG Aladdin and whose drunk Karaoke song is "I Can Show You The World" the remake just doesn't hit the spot. 

Ending 2022 (didn't saw many movies this year due to reasons ) (dedicated to ALD mam rip wherever you are bcz of whom i posted about movies on these threads )

Bollywood movie 2023 rankings, categorised into 5 segments.

Hollywood and others later

Awesome 

Badhai Do

That was slick 

The Kashmir files 

Jhund 

Rocketry 

Khuda Hafiz 2

Fun Time :

Bhul bhulaiya 2

Chup

Goodbye

Sharmaji namkeen

Jersey

Major 

Jug jug jio

RK/rkay 

Raksha bandhan 

Dobara 

Doctor G

Freddy 

Monica o my darling 

Mid :

Action hero 

Bhediya

Jayesh bhai jordar

A Thursday 

Jalsa 

Attack part 1

Dasvi 

Runway 34

Thar

Dhakkad 

Sherdil 

Jadugar

Good luck Jerry 

Odd couple

Darlings

Lal singh chaddha 

Vikram vedha

Thank God 

Blur 

Govinda mera naam 

Hot garbage :

Brahmastra 

Gangubai 

Shamshera 

Circkus 

Mili 

36 farmhouse

Loop lapeta

Bacchan Pandey 

Prithviraj 

Heropanti 2

Anek 

Nikkamma 

Forensic 

Rashtra kavach Om 

Hit the first case 

Ek villain returns 

Cuttputli 

Liger

Babli bouncer 

Dhokha 

Plan a plan b 

Ram setu 

Code name tiranga 

Phone booth

Edited by S_H_Y - 1 years ago

Ending 2022 let's get on with other cinema i watxhed this year which again was not much due to reasons (dedicated to my American , uk etc..GFS ) (will be edited as i catch up. Some new vod releases)

Awesome :

Top Gun Maverick 

That was slick :

Fresh 

Everything everywhere all at once 

The Northman

Where the crawdads sings 

Pinnochio (del Toro)

Fun Time :

Scream 

Marry me 

Uncharted