Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

simrata thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 4 years ago

DDLJ is more of love story than family drama infact in 90s almost every movie was about action villain police murder hafta gang only DDLJ shows complete love story with the family touch 

DDLJ broke all SilverJubilee records and a longest running till now 

Some people definitely think its over hype but then HAHK  also that movie only about Shaadi Gudbharai Pagphera Shagun Jute etc. so why don't you put that on list too, 

Edited by -sim- - 4 years ago
Silvertarax thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: MahanalayakKarn

You can love cotton candy in childhood. You can still love it as adult. But no matter how many times you (generic you) proclaim it biryani, it can't become biryani.

Classics transcend time. There is nothing in HAHK that transcends time. No plot, flat characters, garish settings, juvenile filmmaking technique. The entertainment factor that was there when it released was related more to the music and the stars, and since the aura has gone from the stars and audience taste in music changed, even those factors no longer work in this day and age. 

I'm not talking about arthouse cinema as classics as TM suggested. She mentioned Sholay. THAT movie was technically sound if you follow those kind of things. There was an actual plot, moral themes, character arcs. It remains a classic because of it. 

Breakfast at Tiffany’s may not be watched as much today but it will always remain a classic. There are some movies which just will remain classic no matter what time or era it is. HAHK, KKKG And KKHH type movies will always remain classics. And mind you I’m not saying this because I love those movies, I’m saying it because it’s true, and not it’s not just generic me saying this. A lot of people will agree with me. 

Many movies have been made with the same stars but not all have worked. Yes stars had a part in this but the wholesome family vibe that the movie gave is why it worked. And it has inspired movies like Moulin Rogue to be made too. I don’t even like Sholay but I can say that is also a classic. See you don’t have to like a movie to admit this.

Anjalika01 thumbnail
Anniversary 4 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

I voted for the Tanu Weds Manu sequel, that movie was actually so pointless , only good thing about it was Kangana’s acting. 

Anjalika01 thumbnail
Anniversary 4 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: abhi786

I still couldn't understand why include DDLJ when it is in 1990 era, while all others are 2000 + era.. The taste and era is totally different. You should have included HAHK there is nothing full songs from the beginning to sister death, more overrated..

Raazi and Tanu Weds Many are overrated, especially Raazi so much hype at least kangana was good in Tanu while Alia was overrated in acting especially when she cries after husband death..

THIS!! Especially the last part about Alia’s acting, she is honestly praised way too much by the media when there are clearly better actresses in her generation all around her 🙄.

About the movies too personally I found HAHK entertaining but seriously how csn anyone find DDLJ too sweet/syrupy and like HAHK better 😂🙃.

Hahk was never lethargic or syrupy

It was a funride of 95% of its runtime

Just last 20 minutes were melodramatic 

ddlj had long lethargic Ott melodramatic scenes that now seems hard to tolerate

That's the reason why hahk still seems so much fun to watch

v_nakshara thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: taniya.91

Hahk was never lethargic or syrupy

It was a funride of 95% of its runtime

Just last 20 minutes were melodramatic 

ddlj had long lethargic Ott melodramatic scenes that now seems hard to tolerate

That's the reason why hahk still seems so much fun to watch

And this is your opinion not a fact! The whole scene of the sister rolling down the stairs beats the melodratic scenes in DDLJ. 

DivineAngel thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail

Fantasy Force

Edited by SugaAgustD - 4 years ago

Hum Aapke hai Kaun - I saw the movie recently and I really cannot wrap my head why the hell one will make such a pointless movie. 

Hum Saath Saath hai - ABCDEFGH.....I Cringe 🤓

Queen - It was good but painfully slow