Poll

Movie u think was good, but was overall very OVER-appreciated

Poll Choice
Login To Vote
Posted: 4 years ago

A movie which you think was:

*Good to very good

BUT

*Not at all THAT GREAT which it was made out to be from all the corners, and was overall a very over-rated venture. 

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

ChanChanMan thumbnail
Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 6

I used to hate DDLJ as a kid lol. Still haven't developed a liking towards it. Though, to my credit, I tried a lot. 

Glitter_In_Eye thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2

I wish Is could pick more than one.

Nice options though.

Queen- Not the movie but the actress. Movie was really good and deserved every bit of appreciation. Tbh it exceeded my expectation too when I watched it.

DDLJ- Over appreciated and not very good at the same time as you suggested. It might be a good movie for that era but today if I watch it, it really doesn't work for me.

Lage raho munna bhai- İt might not be as good as It's prequel in terms of comedy but it definitely was a good movie and I don't think it's over appreciated either.

Barfi- Very nice and a well made movie. May be a bit over appreciated, just a bit but the actors did a tremendous job portraying every character so I really don't mind. I personally feel acting exceeded the story in this movie.

Koi mil gya- Didn't like the movie and I don't think it got that much appreciation to be put along with others in the category. I think it's talked about more for the kind of vfx it had along with being the first alien based İndian movie.

Andhadun- Loved the movie for it's different genre and it's screenplay but it was over all over hyped and over appreciated.

Kahaani- It was a good movie and I personally Loved the climax, and I also loved the fact that it was well received. Is it over appreciated? I don't know if it is considered some kind of cult like Andhadun.

YJHD- Over appreciated like really really over appreciated, I didn't even like the movie.

Rest, I haven't watched.

Ps Voting for ddlj

Silpa20 thumbnail
IPL 2023 Match Winner Thumbnail Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail + 9

DDLJ for me

Edited by Lazybird_Silpa - 4 years ago
AllThatCritique thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2

DDLJ is a cultural phenomenon so including it here with the others does not make sense to me. It was more than a movie. It was a NRI meeting point and representation smiley36 The story was one of belonging. Of not trying to lose yourself in a foreign land and holding on to your desi values ( regressive af ones though lol) Indians and other desis had just started going abroad in hordes. To fulfil the great Indian NRI dream. Seeing it through today's lenses and just as a romantic movie is not fair.

From the list I'd say TWM 2. Though Kangana was a fine act,the story is so shit. Like ? I don't get how it's a good movie at all. Everyone is so toxic to each other. What a bad movie. 

Originally posted by: AllThatCritique

DDLJ is a cultural phenomenon so including it here with the others does not make sense to me. It was more than a movie. It was a NRI meeting point and representation smiley36 The story was one of belonging. Of not trying to lose yourself in a foreign land and holding on to your desi values ( regressive af ones though lol) Indians and other desis had just started going abroad in hordes. To fulfil the great Indian NRI dream. Seeing it through today's lenses and just as a romantic movie is not fair.

From the list I'd say TWM 2. Though Kangana was a fine act,the story is so shit. Like ? I don't get how it's a good movie at all. Everyone is so toxic to each other. What a bad movie. 

Cultural phenomenon was HAHK that gave birth to all family oriented movies post 1994, not Ddlj,  and it was HAHK the HISTORICAL HIT that was more than a movie which changed the face of bollywood and increased the business index & mass of Bollywood many notches above. 

-----------------------------------------

Edited by taniya.91 - 4 years ago
Twinklingmoon thumbnail
Anniversary 5 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2

The forgotten classic Maine pyaar Kiya. Never got the hype

Voted for Twmr  

Twinklingmoon thumbnail
Anniversary 5 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: taniya.91

Cultural phenomenon was HAHK that gave birth to all family oriented movies post 1994, not Ddlj,  and it was HAHK the HISTORICAL HIT that was more than a movie which changed the face of bollywood and increased the business index & mass of Bollywood many notches above. 

-----------------------------------------

HAHK Matlab Wahi movie na jisme Madhuri got paid more than Salman and was credited before him?? 

AllThatCritique thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: taniya.91

Cultural phenomenon was HAHK that gaev birth to all family movies post 1994, not ddlj.

Huh? Both DDLJ and HAHK are legendary in their own right and cultural phenomenons. HAHK gave us the Rajshri staple of Great Indian Joint Families and DDLJ is arguably the greatest NRI wet dream come alive on the Indian screen ( with K3G). They both catered to  same fanbase : Tradional Indian values. 

columbia thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 6

I kinda do agree that DDLJ was sort of the first NRI movie which sort of set a trend...but cultural phenomena?!! I don’t know, it’s more of a business proposition that paid off...and frankly the NRI audience has changed but the producers and makers of this movie are still stuck...in that movie making zone 
End of the day, DDLJ doesn’t hold at all... a great movie must hold, have relevance through time, somehow none of Kjo and Chopra movies do that..they were fun for those times but as time went by, they seem hollow and quite showy with no substance...

unlike a DCH which really holds through time...the depth of the characters holds, I actually do want to know what has happened to characters since then