WildestDreams thumbnail
Posted: 1 years ago

Feel free to discuss any movies you've recently watched.

Link to previous thread!

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Life_Is_Dutiful thumbnail

I just watched the dubbed hindi version of PS1. The vfx, sets, costumes were great. All the actresses looked beautiful and amazing. These are the only good parts of the movie.

It's made mostly for the south indian audience. North Indian audience must have found the story boring and confusing. No wonder it didn't earn much money in North India. Not every South Indian period film can be loved and adored by people outside South the way Bahubali was loved and adored simply because Bahubali's story was relatable and simple. PS1 story was far more complicated. However the movie ended on a very interesting note. I liked the fact that every character in the story is grey, no one is completely black or completely white.

MostlyHarmIess thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

I am bored so 

Glass Onion (Knives Out) 

Unexpectedly more fun than the first one. It's a smaller cast, so (almost) everyone gets to shine. They really lucked out with the timing with the Elon Musk Expy. Norton was having the time of his life. Craig, Monae and Hahn were also pretty solid. Also, easily the best use of cameos since the best short. The Serena Williams and Ethan Hawke cameos were total winners.

Bones and All

For a cannibal horror-romance, the film is surprisingly dull. Timothee could do this in his sleep and he likely did. Rylance and Russell did great jobs, but it's just too predictable, borderline silly and dull. 

The Crown (Season 5)

The world really did not need yet another Diana tell all. Focusing on Dodi Fayed's background was a fresh choice, but loses its novelty quick. Still watching the British hoity-toityness is always pleasant.

Supari_khala thumbnail
Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 11 Thumbnail + 7

I watched Where the Crawdads Sing on the flight earlier this week. Made me cry. Made me feel hopeful. Inspired me. All around feel good movie although it does have very dark undertones throughout. So I do not recommend watching it on the flight if you are a crier. It’s on Netflix for anyone interested. 

return_to_hades thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6

Dead to Me S3

Is it me, or are some of the best stories told centered around grief? 

Dead to Me began with two women bonding over grief. What resulted was a wild ride of friendship twisting and turning through the lies, secrets, and volatile bonds of female friendship. 

The season begins with ride-or-die friends Jen and Judy reeling and recovering from their near-fatal car crash at the end of Season 2. Past secrets continue to haunt the two friends as they discover new truths that will have dramatic implications for their future. 

Christina Applegate and Linda Cardinelli have effortless chemistry in their roles as Jen and Judy. It is impressive that Christina Applegate continued to work on and complete shooting even after a debilitating MS diagnosis. 

I'm sad that its over, but glad that it was a perfectly portioned three-season arc of human emotions that ended on a perfect moment for audiences to interpret. 

Maroonporsche thumbnail

Slumber Land with Jason Mamoa. Straight thrash πŸ˜†

return_to_hades thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6

Wednesday

A woeful and macabre delight. 

It wasn't on my must-watch list, but the trailer looked promising so I watched out of curiosity. Man, I was glad I did. The show is so intriguing that I finished the whole series in one sitting. 

Tim Burton once again brings alive the Addams Family, this time focusing on the older daughter Wednesday. The set design, the atmosphere, the outfits, they're all perfect. 

The cast is also great. It was genius to cast Christina Ricci, the 90s Wednesday as a Nevermore teacher. Gwendoline Christie's towering personality excels as Principal Weems. Luis Guzman and Catherine Zeta-Jones are a delight in their short screentime as Gomez and Morticia. But the highlight of the show is Jenna Ortega who is absolutely perfect as Wednesday. 

Watch out for subtle odes to horror cinema classics, the most blatant ode being Carrie. Turns out Jenna Ortega is the new Scream Queen as well. I have been dying to see Scream 5. Now all the more reasons to watch it. 

VS-Cool thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4

Bhediya..

Watched it today,

I think acting wise both Varun and kriti did a great jobsmiley32

Story was well written and executed,

Graphics etc were all good as well..

Overall i enjoyed the movie, smiley20

HearMeRoar thumbnail

Rorschach, Malayalam. Revenge thriller. Cast acted well, but I don't get the hype around it.

And God help me! I watched Clueless again with some young family members.πŸ˜†

Gul_bahar thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: HearMeRoar

Rorschach, Malayalam. Revenge thriller. Cast acted well, but I don't get the hype around it.

And God help me! I watched Clueless again with some young family members.πŸ˜†

It's a fun film. πŸ˜†