Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

What is the correct age of Rani Mukherjee?

InspectorShirke thumbnail
Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Anniversary 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 4 years ago

I think she's at least 45. I saw Hum Tum and I refuse to believe that she's 8 years younger than Saif or 4 years younger than Hritik. What do you guys think?

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

rubrub thumbnail

It does matter yeah. 

Rekha_ji thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

I feel she must be 50+ - my cousin's sister's son went to school with her abba's dabba's jabba.

She is 42 and I think that’s her right age. She debuted when she was 20. She gave birth to baby in 2015. If she is 45 or 50+, then she wouldn’t be able to give birth to a baby because there is an age limited to give birth to babies. 

IAmLuvBolly thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 7

This content was originally posted by: mira30

She is 42 and I think that’s her right age. She debuted when she was 20. She gave birth to baby in 2015. If she is 45 or 50+, then she wouldn’t be able to give birth to a baby because there is an age limited to give birth to babies. 

I thought she had debuted at 16.  There were stories of her family having financial difficulties and she was pushed into acting by her mom at a young age?  

This content was originally posted by: IAmLuvBolly

I thought she had debuted at 16.  There were stories of her family having financial difficulties and she was pushed into acting by her mom at a young age?  

I don’t know about that but when KKHH released, she was 20 and before that I think she did some Bengali movie opposite of Prosenjeet and some low budget movies. I got to know her from KKHH. Her first movie released in 1996 when she was 18. So it could be possible that she was 16 when she started to work but isn’t she Kajol’s cousin and from Mukherjee family? So it’s hard to believe that her family went through financial problem. 

Edited by mira30 - 4 years ago
IAmLuvBolly thumbnail

I don’t know about that but when KKHH released, she was 20 and before that I think she did some Bengali movie opposite of Prosenjeet and some low budget movies. I got to know her from KKHH. Her first movie released in 1996 when she was 18. So it could be possible that she was 16 when she started to work but isn’t she Kajol’s cousin and from Mukherjee family? So it’s to believe that her family went through financial problem. 

I’m sure someone else has more accurate information here but here’s my understanding of it.  Yes she is Kajol’s cousin.  I think their fathers were first cousins.  The Mukherjee clan is very large and different branches of the family worked independently from each other so some didn’t see as much success as others.  Also I’m not sure as a family the Mukherjees had much power or influence by the time the 90s rolled around.  Kajol was always referred to as Tanuja’s daughter wasn’t she?  I’ve actually read somewhere that Kajol set up a meeting between Ayan and KJo so even Ayan couldn’t cash in his family name with KJo.  So yea it is possible that Rani’s family was facing financial issues.  Doesn’t mean it’s true, but it’s not impossible.  

This content was originally posted by: IAmLuvBolly

I’m sure someone else has more accurate information here but here’s my understanding of it.  Yes she is Kajol’s cousin.  I think their fathers were first cousins.  The Mukherjee clan is very large and different branches of the family worked independently from each other so some didn’t see as much success as others.  Also I’m not sure as a family the Mukherjees had much power or influence by the time the 90s rolled around.  Kajol was always referred to as Tanuja’s daughter wasn’t she?  I’ve actually read somewhere that Kajol set up a meeting between Ayan and KJo so even Ayan couldn’t cash in his family name with KJo.  So yea it is possible that Rani’s family was facing financial issues.  Doesn’t mean it’s true, but it’s not impossible.  

Yeah, Kajol mostly entered in Bollywood through her mother and aunt. She was being compared lot with her aunt Nutan since both won Filmfare awards many times. Don’t know much about her father but heard that they are influential family in Bollywood like the Kapoor family since so many people from that family are producers, directors and actors. So that’s why I thought that it’s hard to believe that Rani’s family had money issues, which made her to enter in Bollywood at young age. That kind of situation usually happens to outsiders that are from middle class. 

Edited by mira30 - 4 years ago
IAmLuvBolly thumbnail

Yeah, Kajol mostly entered in Bollywood through her mother and aunt. She was being compared lot with her aunt Nutan since both won Filmfare awards lot. Don’t know much about her father but heard that they are influential family in Bollywood like the Kapoor family since so many people from that family are producers, directors and actors. So that’s why I thought that it’s hard to believe that Rani’s family had money issues, which made her to enter in Bollywood at young age. That kind of situation usually happens to outsiders that are from middle class. 

True.  But we should also keep in mind that people of different socio-economic backgrounds have different standards for “money problems”.  To me money problem is not being able to cover rent or putting food on the table.  To a richy rich person it might mean they can’t afford to buy their fourth mansion.  

But with Rani wasn’t there also a rumor that Govinda was her sugar daddy for a while and how he had bought her an apartment and a car.  You don’t really need a sugar daddy if you are financially comfortable and secure.  

Anony-mouse thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Rani debuted in a b grade bolly movie. I dont think she was ever from a very well to do family. If you see the start of her career she had no polish whatsoever. Kjo is responsible for that!

I dont think Rani's brother does much even today!