Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Heisenberg17 thumbnail
Posted: 5 years ago

Originally posted by: whispermist

It doesn't matter whose territory it is. Do you think Bhopal or Ahmedabad residents would be thrilled if there were Indian tanks rolling down their streets and the military being part of their daily lives? When there is stronghold of power anywhere, it always comes with some abuse. Power corrupts. Everywhere. Nobody is immune. 

Obviously there is no other way due to the problems there but if you think the native population is going to love the military, it's a pipe dream. If you think abuses don't happen, that is wishful thinking. 

There's nothing wrong with a movie portraying that if they want to. If you don't want to watch, you don't have to. But it's always wise to keep your eyes open instead of just feeding yourself with the information that personally pleases you.

If there were insurgents infiltrating the city that I'm living in, and killing people wantonly, then yes I would want army presence here, is that even a question? what's the alternative? let terrorists have a field day?  The army is protecting its borders, they wouldn't be there if there was no terrorism in the first place, I'm sure the soldiers would rather be with their loved ones than to be be stationed in hostile environment where their lives are in constant danger.  If you think every abuse case is true, that is also wishful thinking.

Let's not kid ourselves here, the bad guys here are the terrorists, not the army.

Originally posted by: sherlockthor

we cannot afford to be a liberal and pacifist now.

Because whether you choose a side or not, terrorism is going to affect you, whether directly or indirectly.
we cannot sit here and hope for aman ki asha and peace talks and liberal mild views.
War has started already and its time to take sides.

There is going to be no war. Politicians will use this to score points and the rest of the population will rage for a few days and then go back to their normal lives. Then filmmakers will make more jingoistic movies to take people frothing at the mouth and turn it into financial profits for themselves. That's it. 

War as a tool ended the day India and Pakistan gained nuclear weapons. Pakistan cannot win a conventional war and as soon as it senses that it is losing, it would fire a nuke. That day, the world would end and the people of Earth will finally blow themselves up. 

No rational Indian politician will ever go to war ever again. Whatsapp war mongers are lucky that the people in charge have more sense than they do.
Edited by whispermist - 5 years ago
Manavi_kesari thumbnail
IPL 2023 Participants 3 Thumbnail Anniversary 12 Thumbnail + 4
first place dis movies must not be made n released n ya public also must not support them .
F.I.T.B thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail

War will happen...no doubt 

but it won't be nuke or conventional...

OUATIM terrorist sympathizing? How?
Also should we stop watching Bollywood movies from 80s and 90s as they can funded by underworld?
Edited by Luna46 - 5 years ago
angrybread thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
What is the point of this topic ...these movies have released in past and already done and dusted . Yes you can make topic about future movies... why not start an initiative to let film-makers know that these types of movies will not be allowed .
AllThatCritique thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Terrorist sympathising movies I get. Whitewashing is bad in everyway. But Haider and Dil se aren't terrorist sympathising movies. 

I want to address this thing I've noticed in the forum the last few days. The army is very black and white in some y'alls books. Yes the people who lost their lives were innocent. The attack on them was vile and its truly horrific what happened to them.But does it nullify what some armymen have done in the past? It doesn't. There are good and bad in every profession. Army isnt different. They are the bravest of men but why is it so difficult to comprehend that some of them could abuse that power and have abused that power. Just recently in the Haryana gangrape of the cbse topper an army man was part of it. There are several cases throughout the year where army men have been accused of heinous crimes. So what's not clicking about how not all army men are gods personified like some of y'all believe? 

There are actual mass graves in Kashmir. People have gone missing from their homes. Kashmiri women have been raped. Its all in the news for years. From left and right outlets both. International outlets as well. Some in the army have abused their power. So what's wrong in exposing that facet. People could be bad from both sides. Just like all Kashimiris aren't on Indian army's side similarly not everyone in the army respects Kashmiris. Its important to acknowledge the troubles on both sides. Army men aren't gods. They are humans. Some of them Bravehearts but some corruptible. Like all humans. 

Edited by AllThatCritique - 5 years ago
F.I.T.B thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail
there are mass grave in punjab and in mumbai too but things moved on...it didn't remain same...
cory thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2
why not? a movie is a movie take it as that. Simple. We dont need to look for morality in cinema
whit3dove thumbnail
Anniversary 5 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: F.I.T.B

you should have seen Dil se...and mani ratnam had directed it...i was really wondering how this man changed from roja to that shit...the film really bombed at box office...

they had shown Indian army raping a girl and when her small sister comes they rape her too which happens to be manisha koirala ...

Dilse movie was based on kunan pushpora village rapes by indian army right. Were 100s of women were raped.