Views

Users

Frequent Posters

bips thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail + 8
Posted: 6 years ago

Originally posted by: blue-ice.

[Q...

and if the kids are not worth it...audience will kick them out sooner or later.

But yaar that is the problem...  By the time the audience kicks out useless insiders,  a bunch of new insiders are ready to take their place 

...  And the worst thing about nepotism is that so so few opportunity is left for outsiders that they agree to casting couches just in hope of getting a role.    
blue-ice. thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: bips

But yaar that is the problem...  By the time the audience kicks out useless insiders,  a bunch of new insiders are ready to take their place 

...  And the worst thing about nepotism is that so so few opportunity is left for outsiders that they agree to casting couches just in hope of getting a role.    

u have got be kidding me...even if there was zero nepotism...considering that the competition is fierce and cut throat ...even then there would be casting couch...casting couch doesn't exist because of nepotism...it exists because certain over ambitious people given to the demands of morally corrupt people...
YeahMe thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 4
He makes so much sense, nepotism exists but you can't take away the credit from star kids they work hard as much as outsiders, its just they are more privileged n it's not their fault that they are born as star kids. Alia though had a horrible debut she used the opportunities provided to her to groom herself n worked hard .Kjo provides opportunities to her because she is successful the minute she starts giving flops kjo will create another Alia. Even after all this Alia isn't credited enough just because she isn't an outsider.
S_H_Y thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 6
Lmao
Star kids se kyun poochte hai baar baar about nepotism , baar baar ghuma fira ke defence aa jata hai.
Seedha bolo nepotism hai aur koi outsider ko chance dena chaha to invest money themselve.
Faltu ka lame answer audience has the key without logic waLa answer.
bips thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail + 8

Originally posted by: blue-ice.

u have got be kidding me...even if there was zero nepotism...considering that the competition is fierce and cut throat ...even then there would be casting couch...casting couch doesn't exist because of nepotism...it exists because certain over ambitious people given to the demands of morally corrupt people...

Casting couch always existed...  But i do think that with this whole insiders preference ,  the opportunities have become even more miniscule for outsiders...  I do think that this creates more exploitation...   
Zeal17 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 7
Why it so hard to accept Nepotism exists... it gives star kids BB start, good launchpad, proper media attention... even without doing nothing they are called next big thing... All resources to make them successful.
While outsiders get that kind of attention after their 3-4th movie and that too if they are able to make it that far... Example Radhika Apte

Only thing where star kids fail is getting high on their lil existed star power... and are not able to handle success... example Harshwardhan...

Sakina3 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Resident_Evil

Alia is talented. Please let it go. Its not like Athiya Shetty was in Highway.🥱And besides didn't this industry give oodles of chances to a non-actor like Aishwarya just because of her looks?

Word.

All these models get a chance in films when they're not very talented 😆 Actually if you compare, the ones that become actors from family connections are usually way more talented than those who come from modelling connections. Band karo this model-becomes-actor route!! 🥱 😆

Yes, more work needs to be done to make entry into films more accessible but it really is the audience who will decide who to make a star.
anjs thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6

Originally posted by: Justmoi

We've all said the same, audience makes the star. Thank goodness for that..

But opportunities are what we are talking here. Today Ranbir would be a has been if he did not have the Kapoor name based on his BO record. Abhishek, a thing of the past. 

While outsiders face casting couches and insiders are handed jobs nepotism does exist. 

i agree... while it IS true that audience makes a star... the only point where nepotism comes in, is where a star-kid gets n number of chances and trials, before he or she is kicked out. Look at Uday Chopra, how much chances he got... Even Abhishek Bachchan is in the reckoning, despite giving so many flops.

Will any of the outsiders get so many chances ?
anjs thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6
Now look at Jhanvi Kapoor, what speciality does she have... i dont even find her beautiful... yet KJO himself is making a perfect launchpad for her... how many outsiders get this opportunity ?
chahat4u thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
what he said is true but a major truth is also that star kids do get more opportunities even if their 3-5 films fail or don't do that well. Its also true a star kid or someone coming from related glamour world/modelling is guaranteed to be launched by a Karan Johar film but not others, star kids get picked up by major production houses which helps them, to get noticed more. Before they are given a chance to succeed or fail, they are guaranteed to be advertised well, to star next to some major stars or be directed and produced by not some B-grade PH and director but by A-listers. So the chances/ratio of their success do increase considerably. Also, its not like nepotism was not present before, but earlier no-film background actors were given an equal chance as well. Not now, not like my opinion matters but I hate this trend and I hate some of the non-deserving ones who still get chances after chances. Besides not expecting any balanced or "logical in real-sense" opinion by anyone who himself belongs to a film family. Be it a Sonakshi Sinha or Akshay Khanna or Karan Johar.  

Also, media is equally responsible. What with repeated publication and "oohs-aahs" over dolled up and well-taught in the art of make-up, public presentation "star-kids".  For them every star-kid is the next beautiful/smart super star even before their first film!
Edited by chahat4u - 6 years ago