_symphony thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 7
Posted: 1 months ago

Why are all brand endorsements these days going to non actors like Suhana Khan, Navya Naveli Nanda, or barely 2-3 movie old girls like Sara, Jahnvi, Ananya. I am surprised all skin, makeup, fashion and  what not brands are hiring these girls to endorse their products/services. And good actresses like Tapsee Pannu, Kriti Sanon, Radhika Madaan, Bhuni Pednekar, Sanya Malhotra hardly endorse 2-3 brands. Why is talent rated so low in our country. 

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

naaznin thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 14 Thumbnail + 9

Their PR is strong.

People don't like them but they r always on face when u open insta

Edited by naaznin - 1 months ago
akniti thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 7 Thumbnail + 3

Won't agree with kriti sanon...her ig is full of endorsement,  same for anushka  ,kiara

VimalPanMasala thumbnail
Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Anniversary 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: _symphony

Why are all brand endorsements these days going to non actors like Suhana Khan, Navya Naveli Nanda, or barely 2-3 movie old girls like Sara, Jahnvi, Ananya. I am surprised all skin, makeup, fashion and  what not brands are hiring these girls to endorse their products/services. And good actresses like Tapsee Pannu, Kriti Sanon, Radhika Madaan, Bhuni Pednekar, Sanya Malhotra hardly endorse 2-3 brands. Why is talent rated so low in our country. 

Because they want the money of the rich ($$). Most endorsements are focused towards the teenage upper and upper middle class, and that's the entire reason why so many nepo kids are entering films. It's not the films making the $$, it's the endorsements. 

Bhumi gets trolled on her 24/7 despite being good at her job so she's an exception -  you guys need to appreciate her to get brands. 

But Sanya, Radhika, Taapsee aren't followed by the rich and famous, so they have less brand value. They do brands, but not skin/makeup/fashion brands. Taapsee once did a ton of brands when she was in her peak as a commercial actress, but now has slowed down to focus on her career.

Tripti just started and has a few brands- she has a modellesqe face. 

Kriti deliberately does fewer brands because Kiara does a TON of them - it's completely destroyed her instagram. Kriti has a more relatable image because she tones down her brands. 

On the other hand, some of the nepo girlies have proven to increase sales of their fashion endorsements - Ananya is considered conventionally beautiful - the only reason she has fame is her skin/makeup/fashion game, Janhvi continuously experiments a lot with her makeup - there's a reason why Nykaa picked her for Fenty, Sara's demographic likes her a lot and that extends to sales. 

I think the only exception is Suhana Khan probably. I know she got a huge payout deal with Maybelline and obviously was a huge sponsorship for the Gen Z crowd, but I don't know if her Tira Beauty ad managed to get higher sales compared to Kiara with the young demographic. 

The only endorsement that truly determines star power in India are brands catered to the middle class/most people can afford it. Eg: Lux Soap is the "A List" of the industry. Slice is a very sexually charged ad but it's a good showing of star power. 

Maroonporsche thumbnail

I would never buy anything endorsed by Tapsee. Shes not my role model 

you2 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 6

Launching on 22nd March,I am really excited for this one..

Autumnn thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5

Do you all really buy things cos your favourite or likeable celebrity endorsed it?

To answer that's not case with me. Will buy only if product is needed or liked the product. Doesn't matter who endorses it.

As it is most of these ppl endorse high price items.

blue-ice.1 thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: _symphony

Because brands are not here for charity ....or to encourage talent.....their only agenda is to sell their products and make money......How many threads do you see on Sanya, Bhumi, Taapsee , Radhika? zero to none.......but there are threads opened to bash nepos like....Alia, Ranbir,, Sara , Jhanvi etc etc.......People follow these popular people.....they listen to what they have to say....and brands know that.....they know where they are going to make money.....

Seriously people should stop treating BW as a charity case.....because it is not......BW is not raashan ki dukaan....ki sabko raashan milna zaroori hai.....do your part....don't give the nepos so much importance....they will fade away....but don't blame other businesses .......everyone has to look after themslves...

akniti thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 7 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: blue-ice.1

Because brands are not here for charity ....or to encourage talent.....their only agenda is to sell their products and make money......How many threads do you see on Sanya, Bhumi, Taapsee , Radhika? zero to none.......but there are threads opened to bash nepos like....Alia, Ranbir,, Sara , Jhanvi etc etc.......People follow these popular people.....they listen to what they have to say....and brands know that.....they know where they are going to make money.....

Seriously people should stop treating BW as a charity case.....because it is not......BW is not raashan ki dukaan....ki sabko raashan milna zaroori hai.....do your part....don't give the nepos so much importance....they will fade away....but don't blame other businesses .......everyone has to look after themslves...

smiley20