Sameksha Singh speaks up about being harassed by producer of BGPH!!

vyoman thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 7 years ago

TV actress Sameksha Singh speaks up about being harassed by Bhabhi Ji Ghar Par Hai producer in the past

| TNN | Updated: Apr 5, 2017, 12.32 PM IST
Popular TV actress Sameksha Singh, from Star Plus' show 'P.O.W.- Bandi Yuddh Ke', has come out in support of actress Shilpa Shinde against 'Bhabhi Ji Ghar Par Hai'producer Binaifer Kohli.

The actress has claimed that there used to be an abusive behaviour on the sets and their payments were also stopped.

A few days ago, TV actress Shilpa Shinde filed an FIR against Sanjay Kohli, producer of the TV show 'Bhabiji Ghar Par Hai' accusing him of sexual harassment. But the producer duo Sanjay and Binaifer hit back by filing a criminal defamation case against her.

However, now Sameskha Singh has also decided to come out in open to talk about ill experiences she faced while working with Sanjay and Binaifer during her earlier days in the industry. Sameksha debuted on TV with Binaifer's production house's show 'Zara'.

Sameksha, who was seen in Nikhil Advani's 'P.O.W', had an important role in the show and has done numerous Tamil, Telugu and Punjabi movies as well.

While talking about her experience shooting for 'Zara', Sameksha claims that exactly the same happened with her of what happened with Shilpa Shinde. And so when she read about Shilpa's news in the newspapers, she decided to support her.

She said they were made to work like labourers. "Binaifer's set's environment was really bad. No one treats actors like this. We used to be treated worse than factory workers. Binaifer used to abuse and talk to everyone and when people used to complain, she used to give it back. Binaifer used to take our close up shoots for 3-4 days and then in the end used to complaint that we don't give her dates. I used to keep waiting at my house for her call. When I complained, she would scold me. She used to tell us that we don't care about the quality, we just have to give the episode on time.

She further alleges that the director used to abuse children on the sets. "I worked in that show for 1-2 years and went through a lot of emotional trauma. Our director was Pawan Sahu at that time and he used to abuse a lot. He behaved badly with the girls. Little girls also used to be on the sets. They used to come and ask about the meaning of some 'bad' words hurled at them by the director. When we complained to Binaifer about it, she would say that is how it works."

'Zara' was my first TV show and the experience scared me so much that I didn't do much of TV after that. After so long I did Nikhil's 'P.O.W' and it was an amazing experience. I wish I got the same for my first show.

Sanjay used to flirt, she says. "Our industry is such that people flirt and comment, but we know how to handle it our way. So, I never made an issue. For me the bigger deal was the set's environment. Apart from abusing, Binaifer used to create misunderstanding amongst actors which was wrong. She used to record our conversation, manipulate it and tell a different story to others. She always wanted to divide and rule."

Sameksha says she fought for an year and then gave up. Sameksha complaint against Binaifer to CINTAA (Cine And Tv Artistes Association) for pending payment. "She openly accepts this. She tells everyone to accept what amount she is giving else she won't give that too. She treated everyone like her slave. She used to threaten everyone for ruining their image in public. After I filed the case, a legal cae was filed against me as well. I fought for one year and then gave up. I want to concentrate on my career now. But I don't want that Shilpa also gives up. I am not coming in support for only Sihlpa but for the truth and for everyone who has gone through this."

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

babita.. thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail
Thanks so much for sharing dear Vyoman πŸ‘πŸ‘
At last someone gave support to poor Shilpa πŸ‘πŸ‘

Loves to U β€οΈ
vyoman thumbnail

Divyanka Tripathi says new artists aren't slaves, read her angry tweet to CINTAA

TNN | Apr 7, 2017, 05.06 PM IST
Divyanka Tripathi says new artists aren't slaves, read her angry tweet to CINTAA
Just a day after actress Sameksha came out in support of Shilpa Shinde against 'Bhabhi Ji Ghar Par Hai' producers - Binaifer and Sanjay Kohli, it seems Yeh Hai Mohabbatein's Divyanka Tripathi couldn't stop herself from voicing her opinion about exploitation prevalent in the television industry.

In her recent tweet, Divyanka stood firm in support of character artists and new actors, and questioned why they were ill-treated on television sets. This according to the actress is a wake up call for CINTAA, an association meant to protect the rights of TV artists.

Taking to her Twitter account, Divyanka wrote: Are character or new artists slaves? Why are they ill treated on television sets? Jaago #CINTAA Jaago!

Divyanka T Dahiya 
"@Divyanka_T

Are character or new artists slaves? Why are they ill treated on television sets? Jaago #CINTAA Jaago!

For the unversed, Shilpa Shinde, who used to earlier play Angoori Bhabhi in 'Bhabhi Ji Ghar Par Hai', had filed an FIR against Sanjay Kohli, the producer of the show, at Waliv Police Station, accusing him of sexual harassment.

Regarding the same, Shilpa had said, "I have been mentally tortured by the producer couple. I was also sexually harassed " Sanjay would often ask me to accompany him on promotional tours and say that I looked hot and beautiful. I shared my grievance with his wife Binaifer, but she didn't act on it. Instead, I was labelled unprofessional. They claimed that I wanted to quit the show over an ill-fit blouse; tell me, who does that? I never wanted to quit the show, but was forced to work on their terms. However, I was replaced overnight after I refused to bow down. They slapped a case on me for causing them damages amounting to '12.5 crore. It's been a year since I exited the show, but the torture continues. They even dissuaded others who approached me for work. They still have to clear my dues, which amount to '32 lakh."

Sameksha Singh from Star Plus' show 'P.O.W.- Bandi Yuddh Ke' then came out in support of Shilpa and told The Times Of India, "Binaifer's set's environment was really bad. No one treats actors like this. We used to be treated worse than factory workers. Binaifer used to abuse and talk to everyone and when people used to complain, she used to give it back. Binaifer used to take our close up shoots for 3-4 days and then in the end used to complaint that we don't give her dates. I used to keep waiting at my house for her call. When I complained, she would scold me. She used to tell us that we don't care about the quality, we just have to give the episode on time."

Talking about the producer's flirtatious behaviour, Sameksha had said, "Our industry is such that people flirt and comment, but we know how to handle it our way. So, I never made an issue. For me the bigger deal was the set's environment. Apart from abusing, Binaifer used to create misunderstanding amongst actors which was wrong. She used to record our conversation, manipulate it and tell a different story to others. She always wanted to divide and rule."
Edited by vyoman - 7 years ago
babita.. thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail
TFS dearest Vyoman πŸ€—
A good sign that Shilpa is getting support, though after a long wait of one year. 
Me happy that Divyanka took the initiative and it will help the upcoming actors including the Seniormost Shilpa Shinde !!!

πŸ˜ƒ
vyoman thumbnail

Originally posted by: babita..

TFS dearest Vyoman πŸ€—

A good sign that Shilpa is getting support, though after a long wait of one year. 
Me happy that Divyanka took the initiative and it will help the upcoming actors including the Seniormost Shilpa Shinde !!!

πŸ˜ƒ

True...😊
SilverBell thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: babita..

Thanks so much for sharing dear VyomanπŸ‘πŸ‘

At last someone gave support to poor ShilpaπŸ‘πŸ‘

Loves to U❀️

That's Great.
Glad Shilpa Isnt Alone In Her Fight.