~~KaYu OS - Unsolicited Blessings~Part 3 Added Pg5

riti4u thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 7
Posted: 8 years ago
Note - Firstly honestly I didnt see enough response to my previous OS so didnt know whether I should post another or not. But for the limited response achieved , it encouraged me for that one last attempt in this place before I call it off. Yes it is tough to get time in real life and with limited readers I dont find sufficient motivation too. This one is dedicated to some of my amazing friends here who had always motivated constantly with their comments always.

Now coming to this story and the title which took so long for me to decide. You might not get the gist of title with first part of the story but perhaps second part shall justify the title I kept. As always Karna is essential in my stories here but this time I chose to express another character's inner turmoil to just perhaps lay foundation to the story that will unfold.

Why KaYu? Well its just that I find yudhisthir's feelings when he found that Karna was his brother a bit genuine in epic and I felt bad for him more as He deserved to know he had an elder brother whose hand on his head may have secured him from adversaries in his life or just provided that fatherly shelter which his own younger brothers felt in him.

Oops no so much on story... Here is the first part of it.

Part 1

It was now evident that War was indispensable for the sustainment of Dharma as they say in land of Aryavart. Duryodhana had declined peace offer and Pandavas had now begun their preparations for Grand Battle that lied ahead. Both armies had arrived at Kurukshetra, the chosen  battleground that would be haunted with memories of most destructive battle that was about to commence in few days' time.

Yudhisthir was essentially a peace loving man but his estranged cousin this time had left no option for him but to fight for his right and his dharma at the moment. At least it gave him an opportunity to make amends for Dyut Sabha where a loving and caring brother in him had let his own brothers down and a husband, whose wife had pride in him, had so cruelly crushed her hopes and dreams. Disturbed by what has happened to his kin because of him and more importantly the fear of what is yet to come made Dharmraj come out of his tent that night.
He looked at a distance Kauravas army tents were visible far away. He was fighting for his own against his own as well. His Pitamah who had given his selfless love and blessings always to his grandsons would now be fighting against them. Will he be even able to raise his arm against his Pitamah when even thought of it makes him shiver in pain?

Immersed in thoughts, he wandered far and didn't realize he had come out far near river close to Kauravas Tents.  He looked around and acknowledged serene moonlight falling across battlefield at some distance. There was another shadow close by watching him over as he sensed his presence around and turned around cautiously.

Yudhisthir was not alone there, there was another perturbed soul wandering lost in deep thoughts looking equally pained if not more than him.

As Yudhisthir saw this visitor to riverside, he humbly greeted him "Angaraj Karna"
Karna looked at him shocked at this sudden greeting as if he was caught hiding himself away from world around at that vulnerable moment.
"Dharmraj Yudhisthir, the great Yudhisthir, What brings you here, Were you trying to spy your enemies..." Karna replied in a little rude and sarcastic tone baffling Yudhisthir a little. But he was used to this only this bitter side of Karna. Yudhisthir didn't want to indulge in war of words at this moment and harbor any more ill feelings towards his enemy. There has been enough already between them even though Yudhisthir had this immense respect for Karna, He had never that openly shown it to him and he had regretted that often enough. Yudhisthir decided to go away from the place and with that turned his back when Karna sensed something is not right with his younger brother.

"What happened Dharmraj .. Are you having sleepless nights because of fear of defeat...?" Karna didn't really know how to ask him.. But he was concerned and at the same time he didn't want him to give any hints about truth that was known only to him.  
Yudhisthir turned back and looked at him for a second he thought he saw a glimpse of concern in those eyes.
"Sleepless night indeed Angraj but not for the reason you think  ..." Yudhisthir looked down and had series of thoughts crossing his mind... He didn't know why but he felt like sharing to his enemy his innermost fears that night.

Night was going to be long one for these two...

Brothers they were...Divided by fate and united by blood and grief of fighting against their own...

Part 2-on Page 2
Part 3- on page 5

Edited by riti4u - 8 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

KURT15 thumbnail
Wow!!! Riti!!! Wonderful start!! Please don't ever stop writing dear. You are an amazing writer. I love the freshness and uniqueness of your ideas and the beauty of your language. This OS is just whetting my apetite!! 😳. I want more!!! Lots more!! And sooon!!!! Loved the way the scene is set for their meeting, Karna and Yudhistira both have restless nights...and perturbed minds... Loved the barbed questions from Karna, masking his real concern... Excellent work!!! πŸ‘

Update soon... I could not believe it was finished... I was scrolling down to see if second part is also posted!! πŸ˜†
riti4u thumbnail

Originally posted by: KURT15

Wow!!! Riti!!! Wonderful start!! Please don't ever stop writing dear. You are an amazing writer. I love the freshness and uniqueness of your ideas and the beauty of your language. This OS is just whetting my apetite!! 😳. I want more!!! Lots more!! And sooon!!!! Loved the way the scene is set for their meeting, Karna and Yudhistira both have restless nights...and perturbed minds... Loved the barbed questions from Karna, masking his real concern... Excellent work!!! πŸ‘

Update soon... I could not believe it was finished... I was scrolling down to see if second part is also posted!! πŸ˜†

Thank you Geetha ma for such heartfelt comment.You have been constantly motivating me in this place so thank you and a big hug πŸ€—

I wanted a longer first part but didn't want to interrupt their talks so kept that in second part.. Will try my best to meet your expectations

Even if I don't write other stories here.. I will convey my next stop😳
Edited by riti4u - 8 years ago
Ramya_98 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6
Brilliant piece of work! The inner conflicts of both was well written. But it is very short and leaves one wanting for more. 😳 Overall superb! πŸ‘
riti4u thumbnail

Originally posted by: ramya06

Brilliant piece of work! The inner conflicts of both was well written. But it is very short and leaves one wanting for more. 😳 Overall superb! πŸ‘

Thank you ramya dear πŸ˜Š.I will try to give second longer one πŸ˜Š and yes soon too. ..this time I am eager to write next part myself😳
amritat thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Wow Riti...
Well written...😊
Please dont stop writing...You have been one of our consistent writers...
I think the reason for the lesser response is the lack of enough members here...
Your writing is still as great as it was...
Please continue...😊
Mirage09 thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 6
Hey Riti...
This work of urs is so amazing...Call it some kind of weird pleasure, but I have always loved reading works on Yudi's guilt after the war...
This forum is starting to get a lot of works and creativity from different perspective now-a-days...
If I remember correctly, u had written so many on Karna Vrushali as well.. couldn't comment on all of those, either due to time constraints or coz of me missing them out...
U just keep writing...and comments will come pouring in...
nimmu96 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Very well written.  Actually I do like your writings a lot.  Read almost all the OS, post and poems on MB forum.  Keep writing and keep the good work going.
riti4u thumbnail

Originally posted by: amritat

Wow Riti...

Well written...😊
Please dont stop writing...You have been one of our consistent writers...
I think the reason for the lesser response is the lack of enough members here...
Your writing is still as great as it was...
Please continue...😊

Thanks Amrita 😊 for liking and nice words. Ya I can see low activity in this place ,havent been around still i dont see many pages moved..

Will surely give update soon😊
riti4u thumbnail

Originally posted by: ---Anu---

Hey Riti...
This work of urs is so amazing...Call it some kind of weird pleasure, but I have always loved reading works on Yudi's guilt after the war...
This forum is starting to get a lot of works and creativity from different perspective now-a-days...
If I remember correctly, u had written so many on Karna Vrushali as well.. couldn't comment on all of those, either due to time constraints or coz of me missing them out...
U just keep writing...and comments will come pouring in...

Thanks Anu😊 Yudi is interesting character if we look at his journey..i have always loved the part of epic where he finds about Karna..😳

Ya I have written few on them.. n also on MB forum earlier.. been quite out of touch lately coz show is also not inspiring enough..

Thanks for motivation dear😊 .. for now completing an OS itself is heavy task for me due to real life.. so focussing on this one for time being...