Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

.Rajji. thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 9 years ago

PART 11 ~ Day4 ~ part 1

In the morning, rajji is putting the clothes to dry outside. Sohum is inside, looking at her through the window. He is lost in his thoughts. 

Simreen comes by his side and asks him if everything is going smooth between the two of them. 

Sohum says "Haan babhi, mein purre dil se kosheesh kar raha hoon". 

Sirmeen hits him on the arm and says "Kosheesh karni kaafi nahi hai Sohum ! Trying is not good enough. It's your responsibility to be by her side and to make her happy." 

She lets a silence take place as she remembers what rajji said about that night she spent with sohum, then adds "Each and every day of the last month, we could see tears in her eyes and none of us could do anything about it and I didn't hear her complaining even once. My heart breaks if I only think about it. I don't ever want to see tears in her eyes again, and it's on you to make sure she feels accepted and...loved." 

Sohum says "But Babhi! I don't know what to do, especially since I don't have this type of feeling for her". 

Simreen gets almost angry saying "I don't want to know any of your excuses! You should have thought it out before that particular night. Now you don't question things, you do them and that's all!" Sohum sighes and simreen goes back at her chores.

Sohum seems to be thinking about an idea. He let out a deep breath to give himself courage and he goes outside, where rajji is doing her chores (putting the clothes to dry). Rajji is looking at him but sohum is ignoring her, turning around her, looking around and fidgeting with his hands. 

Rajji stops working and says "Sohumjee kya aap kuch dhoond rahai ho?" 

Sohum shakes his heads no, still not looking at her. Then he says "Rajji. Mein aaj kethon se toddi phele ajahoogha accha?" 

Rajji is a bit confused "Accha jee" she gets back on work. 

But Sohum isn't finished "Rajji?" 

"jee?" 

"You too you'll have to end up your chores by the time I get home, accha?" 

"Accha Sohumjee... But is something going on?" 

"Haan... Mene soccha tha ke ham dinner pe jaynge raath kho. To tu tyaar rehna, theek hai?" 

Rajji nods, astonished. 

Then Sohum says "Accha aab mein chaltha hoon." 

As soon as he is not in sight, Rajji has an expression of bliss on her face. SImreen who looks at her by the kitchen window, is satisfied and happy.

~~

When sohum arrives at the keth he looks preoccupied. 

Cuggi asks why he looks so preoccupied. 

Sohum rubs his forehead. "Nothing yaar... Tonight I ... I'm going out to dinner with Rajji." 

"Why are you so preoccupied about this, it's not your first time going is it?" 

"Yeah, that's just that last time I lost my nerves and shouted at her and I really don't want it to happen again". 

"Listen yaar, cuggi responds, you're putting too much pressure on yourself. Just let her enjoy herself and try not to be a moron and everything will go well. But let's forget about it for now, we have to meet the businessmen that were here yesterday. Let's go!"

~~

Rajji is day dreaming all day. 

Simreen knows perfectly why but still asks "Well rajji you look extremely happy today, can I know if there is any good news?" 

Rajji gets shy "No Babhi, nothing... Just... Sohum is taking me out to dinner... tonight..." 

"Ooaaah accha? Yeh to sach mein kushi ki baat hai!" 

"This time I'll try to behave better than I did last time and to contain myself. I don't want him to get angry again, it'll spoil the night for both of us."  

Simreen says : "Don't worry too much and just be yourself alright? You can't always think about what Sohum likes and what Sohum wants. You have the right to be yourself too!" 

rajji nods and smiles.

~~

In the late afternoon Rajji is getting ready, trying not to remember their last try at a dinner. Then she thinks out loud "There is nothing to worry about. I've learned from my mistakes and won't be over excited about this dinner because Sohum will be angry again." She puts on a salwaar kameez and light make up on. She braids her hair.

During this time, sohum is at the keth discussing important stuff with the NRI business man. They are talking about some big projects for the future. Sohum is engrossed in the discussion and doesn't realize the time passing.

Rajji is finally ready and looks outside as it's starting to get late but Sohum isn't arrived yet. She goes back inside, closing the door and angad and simreen notices how defeated she is. 

Simreen says "Rajji? Shouldn't Sohum be here by now?" 

"Haaa Babhi... I don't know. I mean... maybe he changed his mind about it." 

Angad says "Rajji, even if he changed his mind, he had to tell you about it and not make you wait. You should phone him and asks him where he is. Go." 

Rajji goes inside her room and take out her mobile phone. She hesitates before calling him "Should I call him or not... well I'll just call to see if everything is okay." After a few bells sohum picks up. 

Rajj says "He... Hello Sohum? It's Rajji speaking." 

"Haa bhollo?" 

"Nothing... I was just wondering... where you were so I thought I might as well call." 

Sohum is very confused, cuggi is besides him, listening to the conversation. "Where I am? Rajji... I'm in the keth, just like everyday!" 

rajji gets insecure as sohum seems to be angry "... Accha..." 

Cuggi notices sohum's preoccupied look and remembers about the dinner. He starts making mimics of eating. Sohum give him a weird look but soon enough he realizes that he forgot about the dinner. 

Sohum : "Haa Rajji? I'm still at the keth now but of course I was about to come home to take you out to dinner. Sorry I'll be a little late". 

Rajji is reassured "Oh alright. I thought... I thought you had changed your mind." 

Sohum is silent (because he can feel the sadness in her voice) but then he says gently "No, it's nothing like that, things just got busy at the keth... I'm hanging up now." 

When he cuts the communication he says "Yaar, thank god you were here, I had totally forgotten about the dinner. I should be going now or I'll really be too late." 

"Accha yaar. And don't forget, keep your calm no matter what. Rajji is a nice girl." 

"Yeah that I know."

~~

Sohum arrives in the evening; he sees simreen sitting in the living room sewing something, she is looking at him sideways, a bit mad because he is late for his dinner with rajji. Sohum goes straight to his room. Rajji is ready, sitting on her bed. 

"Rajji. Sorry I'm late. We had a lot of work at the keth today." 

"It's nothing" she says smiling, she gets up but she is stopped by Sohum's hand. 

Sohum : "Wait." She looks at him with a tiny bit of panic, she is afraid he might cancel the plan because it's too late or some else reason. 

He says "I'm going to get fresh in the bathroom. I'll be quick." He starts going towards the bathroom but stops at the door. Without looking back he says "And rajji? You should put on a sari. And... let you hair loose. It looks really good on you." he enters the bathroom. Rajji opens her eyes wide open, blushes and bring her hand to her mouth, she is feeling really shy.

When they come out of the room together, Angad and sirmeen look at them in bewilderment. They are both looking extremely nice. Rajji has put on a purple saree with golden thread and sohum is wearing a shiny brown kurta.  

Sohum says "acchaa we're going now." 

Simreen says "Haan. Take good care of rajji, sohum" Sohum looks at her a bit amused because sirmeen is really on his back about this romantic show off and all. Off they go.

Edited by rajji-cutest - 9 years ago
.Rajji. thumbnail

Originally posted by: sojifan

Wow, awsome updates,
I m just loving them...

thank you so much !
.Rajji. thumbnail

Originally posted by: AngelicNeha

Awesome update πŸ˜ƒ

thank you ! i really appreciate it !πŸ˜ƒ
.Rajji. thumbnail

Originally posted by: pinki123

Awww amazing update

I cant get enough please coutinue soon

thank you !!! means a lot ! just updated part 11πŸ˜ƒ
.Rajji. thumbnail

Originally posted by: rajji.soham

I just love all the parts and a big thanks for updating 3 parts in a row. Your writing is very nice and I am loving this new side of Soham and I can't wait for the rest.

Thank you !

hahah you're welcome ! i wanted to update 1"650 words everyday to have the 50k words FF posted completely by the end of november, but some parts are shorter than other so i'm far behind. the FF will overlap on december !πŸ˜‰

just updated day 4 of the 30 days journey ! do read it !πŸ˜‰
.Rajji. thumbnail

Originally posted by: samyra.sharma16

Awesone update...all parts nice i liked it update soon!!

thank you ! glad you liked them!

update part 11 and will update 12 tonight as well, do read it !

much love !πŸ˜›
.Rajji. thumbnail

Originally posted by: Sanam-rocks

Awesome Love it scene with Sojji love story romance very interesting!! 

Thank you ! hahah glad you liked it ! the romance hasn't even started yet but glad that you like it none the less!
.Rajji. thumbnail

Originally posted by: nami9j

wow all updates r amazing..

in part 8 .. loved the way soham quickly returned to take his lunchbox.. it seems as if now his mind has become very attentive for rajji.. and he is thinking about even the smallest thing so that it doesn't hurts rajji. 😊

part 9 was amazing yaar.. I loved it the most... bike scene was so touching.. πŸ˜›.. wen soham looked at rajji and she understood wat he meant to say.. πŸ˜‰...the scene wen soham was ready to fight with the boys who were troubling rajji .. and the scene were he decides to giv her a mobile were awesome.. I had always wanted to see such a scene in the show.. just like u have wrote like both are not able to communicate bcoz rajji doesnt have a phone and soham gets worried for her.. then he gifts her a mobile.. i had always thought abt such a scene n wanted to see it.. thanks to u for writing it πŸ˜ƒ... and also during the initial days of soji marriage wenever bani had to talk to rajji she would cal on soham's mobile most of the times.. and he would go in thinking mode with a sad music in background looking at bani's name flashing on the mobile n then go n give the phone to rajji .. I would think why such a long process. use acha rajji ko ek mobile dila do na πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†... ye sad music toh suna nai padega πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†

loved ur story .. continue soon πŸ˜ƒ

thank you dear ! 

hahaha yes! he's trying his best to be a nice guy now. 

so glad you loved the part 9 !! yeah, it's what frustrate me the most about soji in the show : so much could have been done but the cv's were too busy with bani drama, they never really cared for rajji. 
I loved the scene in the show when rajji goes for groceries with sohum and they sit together on the bus ! 

thank you for the reply !
.Rajji. thumbnail

Originally posted by: nami9j

read part 10..

loved the ending wen soham hears rajji's conversation.. πŸ˜ƒ..
it can be seen that now he is being nice to rajji only for the sake of it and bcoz its his majboori.. but I hope very soon he starts caring n thinking abt rajji from his heart.. πŸ˜ƒ
loved the way ur story is shaping up.πŸ‘πŸΌ

when he hears rajji speaking so nicely and being so brave, he can't help but feel bad for her and he actually is very very slowly empathizing with her and that will eventually lead to love. 

it's very subtle but it's here and soon they'll get closer ! πŸ˜³πŸ˜³

keep reading for more ! 

thank you for replying!
.Rajji. thumbnail

Part 12 Date night 

They arrive at a restaurant near a lake, with tables out on the open. Sohum is acting very gentleman like but rajji is very quiet. She let him decide what to order. She doesn't talk much but she listen to him attentively when he talks. Sohum is a bit uncomfortable with how quiet she is. 

He says "Rajji. I'm very sorry for being late. Please forgive me." 

She looks at him confused "You don't have to apologize for that, I can understand." Another silence.  

Sohum : "Kya meine anjane mein khui galti khi hai? Agar yeh baat hai to saaf saaf batha de mujko jo bhi meine kya hai. " 

Rajji doesn't understand : "Kuch bath nahi hai sohum...?" 

Sohum continues "to kya tu merse.. naraz hai?" 

Rajji : "Nahi sohum aisa kuch nahi hai" 

Sohum, a bit irritated "Tho phir tum itne chup chup kyon ho?" 

Rajji stays silent but then she speaks up "Wo... last time... I got a bit too much excited during dinner and aap..." they both recall how angry he got. 

Sohum is ashamed of his previous behavior so he doesn't want her to say it and he interrupts her "It won't happen this time. It really won't." 

She looks at him, expecting an explanation. He notices it and say "I'm not saying that I will suddenly fall in love tonight but what I can say is that from now on I will not make you miserable. Never again. I am trying to erase all those bad memories  and replace them with new happy ones so don't be afraid to enjoy yourself. And also... it's agreeable to look at you when you're cheerful." 

Rajji blushes and doesn't know what to say but fortunately the waiter comes back with their dishes.

To avoid eating in silence, sohum says "This rishtaa we have now is so weird..." 

Rajji looks at him, hurt. 

Sohum says "No..; I mean, we know each other for so long, when you were a kid, you were so relentless, I never thought back then that you would one day become a perfect dutiful bahu" He laughs. Rajji starts laughing too. The evening takes a new turn. Rajji is not so stressed anymore and starts telling stories about when she was an ungrateful kid and how hard it was to learn how to cook properly but Bani would help her whenever she could. Sohum laughs genuinely at her stories.

Then he says "eerh Rajji. Talking about kids..." 

Rajji looks at him with a kind expression (she doesn't know yet where he is going with this discussion) 

Sohum takes courage in her sweet expression, he continues "Hmm...Do you know already if you're pregnant or not?" 

Rajji shuts down, she was not expecting this at all. 

Sohum notices the change of atmosphere and tries to rectify his words because he doesn't want to stress her out in any way. "I mean... Just to let me know if you need anything. Maybe we could go see a doctor and..." 

Rajji interrupts him "There is no need for that. By the way it's not like I'm actually pregnant. It's too soon to know something like that." 

They have finished their dinner so Rajji says looking at the table, a bit strained "We should go back now." Sohum nods, gets up and goes to pay for the dinner. 

As they exit the place they start to walk but Sohum notices that rajji is quieter and walking a bit in front of him. Sohum notices a flower seller. He looks at rajji who is still walking slowly in front of him... 

Rajji is walking lost in her thoughts when sohum calls out her name from close but behind her. She starts turning around but soham puts his hand on her shoulder so she is stopped in her movement. Then sohum turns around her, comes in front of her. She is looking at him surprised, wondering what is happening. Suddenly, from behind his back he gets out a small bouquet of flowers and hold it out to her with a half smile.  She gasps but then she takes it shyly with a smile.

Rajji lowers her head so that he won't notice that she is blushing. Her hair fall on the side of her face so she puts them back behind her ear and says softly "Thank you Sohum" and looks back up at him. Sohum was being captivated by the sight of her, for a second she looked heavenly beautiful, with the blush on her cheeks and her gentle smile. When she looked back up at him and dived her eyes in his, he stopped thinking for a second.

Rajji looks at him, he seems to have blanked out. She says very softly : "Sohum? Should we head back...?" 

He gets back to his sense. "Yes of course, let's go."

They start walking again, but this time they are side to side. The walk back home is silent, 

Suddenly rajji's hand touches sohum's one because they were walking too close to each other. Sohum jerks his hand away. He sees rajji's hurt expression so he suddenly changes the subject "errh. Did you enjoy the evening?" 

Rajji snaps out of the shock of his reaction and says "eeh yes. I really had a good time. Thank you." She tries not to get affected by his behavior because she knows he is not doing it on purpose. He smiles a crisped smile and they keep on walking silently, they are both lost in their thoughts but also enjoying each other presence.

~~

When they're back home, simreen and angad already went to sleep so sohum and rajji go directly to their room.

Sohum goes into the bathroom to change his clothes. Rajji is taking her clothes from the cupboard and she sees her reflection on the mirror of the cupboard when she closes the door. Her face is glowing, for the first time in weeks she doesn't look sad or tired, she looks normal or even HAPPY tonight. She looks at herself : her beautiful saree, her let-down hair, her light make up, and she smiles at her reflection, she likes to see this new rajji compared to the depressed one she has been lately. 

She thinks "Sohum is really trying to make me happy lately and it's working." She has flashback of the evening : sohum telling her she looks good in a saree, the way he looked at her during the evening, sohum's laugh, their chit chat, the way they walked side to side and the flowers he bought her... 

She fights back the tear filling up her eyes and she says to herself with determination "I have to thank sohum for this."

Sohum gets out of the bathroom, Rajji hides her teary eyes by looking on the floor and quickly goes to change in the bathroom as well. Sohum wonders if everything is alright, Rajji acted a bit weird. Sohum to himself : "Why did rajji rush like that ? I hope she is feeling fine..."

Rajji changes in the bathroom and recompose herself. She comes out. Sohum is sitting on the bed. When she is back, he lifts her head and says : "Rajji, are you fine? You seemed a bit..."

Rajji interrupts him "I'm fine Sohum." She gets closer to her side of the bed. Sohum starts to get under the covers. Rajji says "sohum I just wanted to thank you again for taking me out tonight... I really had a great time. Thank you."  

Sohum stop his movement. Suddenly he is feeling embarrassed by such a heartfelt thank-you from rajji so he says "Accha you should get to sleep, I'll just go get myself a cup of tea" 

Rajji who wants to help him as a payback says "I'll do it for you-"

But sohum blurts out "No!..." Rajji is taken aback by this.

Sohum : "I mean you must be a bit tired, I'll just do it myself." And he gets out the room. Once outside the door, he hit his forehead with his palm and curses himself. "Sohum, you idiot ! Did you need to shout at her like that? Now she'll think you're a lunatic!"

He goes to take a glass of water in the kitchen and sits down on the couch. He is thinking about Rajji's expression when he shouted "No!"  Thing is, he didn't want to be rude, he just needed a moment alone, seeing Rajji so emotional when thanking him almost made him want to hug her or at least hold her hand. But he doesn't want to take such step yet.

Also she looked beautiful tonight and even once she was back in her usual clothes, she still had a glow on her face that attracted him to her. He remembers the night they slept together, when she was under him, how beautiful she looked. Maybe it was because he was drunk but that night he remembers thinking she was the most beautiful thing on earth and that she was all his. Now, sober, he knows that he doesn't have feelings for her but at times, he doesn't trust himself. He doesn't want to get intimate with her because he doesn't love her and she deserves someone who truly loves her, but he has been getting close to her and now that he knows that he didn't hesitate to sleep with her once already, he is a bit insecure about his own limits. That's why he decided to get out of the room for a moment.

As he goes to sit on the couch in the living room, simreen gets out of her room. "You guys are back?" 

"Haa babhi. Sorry if we woke you up. We're a bit late." 

"No. that's okay." She sits with him on the couch with a smile on her face. "Did the evening go well?" 

"Yes babhi. Rajji was happy". 

Simren looks very happy. "Well, that's a good news..." she takes a moment and then goes "I am really happy that you decided to make the effort for her sohum. She is not only your wife but the bahu of this house and her presence or absence affects us all. I know that maybe somewhere in your heart there is still a flame burning for bani. And I don't blame you for that but at times we have to choose the battle we are going to fight and the battle we already lost. Lately you have been proving that you can make the good choices and I am very proud of you for doing so. Thank you soham for bringing her back to us." She cups his face gently, and then leaves.

Sohum stay a bit longer on the couch, his face strained. He knows that he is doing the right thing, he knows that he was the one to chose to do so but it's still hard, especially when you know that other people's happiness also depends on you.

In her room, Rajji sits on the bed, looking at the little bouquet. She smiles at first remembering the good moments of the evening (the laughs, and when he gave her the bouquet) but then she remembers when he took of his hand away from her, and when he said "NO" for the tea, and she gets a bit sad, she looks at the door but realizes that sohum is probably not coming back for a moment and so she decides to just go to sleep right away. She would have loved to chit chat a bit more with him as he was being his old self during the evening (the fun and nice one she used to know before the wedding), but she knows that she shouldn't expect too much too soon of him. As she falls asleep she feels a bit lonely but at least she is not sad and hurt like she used to be so it's okay.