Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

zohasad2.0 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 9 years ago
I like Aloo and Pari both---more inclined towards Aloo since day one...since SOTY days...but dude she didn't steal Pari's thunder or something.

Pari might be doing roles similar to one another but she is a natural, very smooth and glows in her performances, shines through them, she is transparent when she acts.

Aloo is an amazing actor but she is not a natural...she performs really well but it is very  "I am a director's actor" types...it doesn't come naturally to her.

Like Aloo dreamt of being an actor and Pari thought of all this after her studies and job---it is so different in both the cases...and still she is at par with Aloo if not better than her.

You might be thinking this way coz Aloo has given a recent hit but Pari is still in the race and her thunder hasn't eben stolen.
sonalak thumbnail
alia is getting better both in acting as well as looks.Edited by sonalak - 9 years ago
Chandu2000 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: AquaBlue.

This is not a proven fact,solely your opinion!

Evidence : Online fan following.
.khoobsurat. thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Didn't Pari have twitter way before Alia. So obv she is going to have more followers. Not to mention her cousin is PC..so am sure PC fans follow her too. My sister who is a huge PC fan followed Pari even before Pari was an actress..am sure other PC fans follow her too. 
Chandu2000 thumbnail
Originally posted by: AquaBlue.

Shradha is very popular among the guys though...maybe cuz she has that angelic looking,soft spoken vibe...they say cant take their eyes off her when she is onscreen...Alia is very much popular...ppl may call her dumb but still pay money to watch her movies...she is always topping polls and surveys..Check the google trends and brand endorsements as well..Her following is mixed like Bebo's...both guys and girls love her..Yes partly cuz her PR is aggressive still cant deny the hype and buzz she creates..Pari seems to have many fans online and critics think she is best actress of this generation...But I have not seen many fans of her in real world'

2states,SOTY,A2..these movies got universally popular...like ppl in different parts of world,belonging to different age groups watched them/loved them or atleast they were aware of it...The movies Pari has done till now lacked that reach...they were of minimum budgets so didnt have wide release

I think HTP was loved by people of all age groups..I don't know about India but here in the place I live in, HTP's first two days were almost completely booked just like 2 states. So it would be unfair to say Pari's movies did not have an universal claim. As far as I know, SOTY was not popular because it was a good movie, many people didn't even know the names of the actors in that..it became popular because of it's songs and KJO's production. 
Chandu2000 thumbnail
Originally posted by: beboholic

Didn't Pari have twitter way before Alia. So obv she is going to have more followers. Not to mention her cousin is PC..so am sure PC fans follow her too. My sister who is a huge PC fan followed Pari even before Pari was an actress..am sure other PC fans follow her too. 

Online fan following...not only their respective twitter accounts.
Originally posted by: Chandu2000

Evidence : Online fan following.

If online following mattered Barun Sobti and Shahid Kapoor would've become superstars along with SRK or Salman 😆.Many movies like HTP and Mausam had immense online buzz but didnt make such moolah at the B.O.Another example is that T.V soaps with major ONLINE fanbase fail to rise in TRP charts...they dont make an impact in real world while shows with no online supporters have max trps...There are many more instances to prove that online fan following isnt a parameter in determining popularity..does it make a difference? yes..but very slight...Not a pivotal aspect..Trends and surveys show in real world Alia is a bit more famous than Pari cuz of the movies she has done and her aggressive PR ofcourse..Alia has a decent fanbase in twitter,Fb etc though I have not seen many fans for her in Pinkvilla,IF etc
vampires-lover thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
I choose Parineeti as i find her acting natural and effective over Alia's.I like the way Alia was insecure of Pari in KWK.🤣 Edited by vampires-lover - 9 years ago
Originally posted by: Chandu2000

I think HTP was loved by people of all age groups..I don't know about India but here in the place I live in, HTP's first two days were almost completely booked just like 2 states. So it would be unfair to say Pari's movies did not have an universal claim. As far as I know, SOTY was not popular because it was a good movie, many people didn't even know the names of the actors in that..it became popular because of it's songs and KJO's production. 

HTP's B.O returns were less than 2 states...2 states had good run at both North India and South India,so more ppl have started recognizing Alia now...HTP had better critical acclaim,but its a fact 2 states became much more popular and earned huge collections...SOTY wasnt a good movie but its collection was greater than LVRB,HTP,Ishaqzaade even SDR(nt very sure abt this)...I didnt say the trio made SOTY a hit but after the movie release majority of ppl knew who is Alia,Sid and Varun..ofcourse their acting didnt gain much acclaim...thats another debate...but SOTY did put them out there and made ppl aware of their existence lol
Chandu2000 thumbnail
Originally posted by: AquaBlue

If online following mattered Barun Sobti and Shahid Kapoor would've become superstars along with SRK or Salman 😆.Many movies like HTP and Mausam had immense online buzz but didnt make such moolah at the B.O.Another example is that T.V soaps with major ONLINE fanbase fail to rise in TRP charts...they dont make an impact in real world while shows with no online supporters have max trps...There are many more instances to prove that online fan following isnt a parameter in determining popularity..does it make a difference? yes..but very slight...Not a pivotal aspect..Trends and surveys show in real world Alia is a bit more famous than Pari cuz of the movies she has done and her aggressive PR ofcourse..Alia has a decent fanbase in twitter,Fb etc though I have not seen many fans for her in Pinkvilla,IF etc

I already mentioned before I don't know about India but here overseas Pari definitely has a lot more fans..People outside India might have liked the movie but probably most of the Indians didn't like the movie so the movie was not a hit in India. Shahid or Barun are not superstars in India because even though they have a large international fanbase but their Indian fanbase is quite small comparatively. 
Edited by Chandu2000 - 9 years ago