Posted: 9 years ago
she came and conquered. Her debut performance was bang on and then happened Ishaqzaade and every one was like wow! She is such a natural performer

but then came the disappointment

did a mediocre SDR and after that HTP happened which many people didn't like.

parineeti was developing a niche in her own with one of those non glamouress actresses who can act the pants off. How ever Alia bhatt came in- the competition arose and she stole a major thunder by doing a highway and 2 states which earned her both critical and commercial success

also I notice how parineeti's attitude has changed recently- she seems insecure, keeps commenting on weight issues by giving extremely negative remarks on being fat and the recent photo shoot where she is trying so hard to look hot despite the heavy photoshopping failed to make her look hot

what is happening?

is she losing her focus?

the kind of appreciation which was around ishaqzaade time is not their any more and she is not realizing that she has talent in fact is focusing more on changing her image and appearing hot.

She was cringe-worthy in Hasee Toh Phaseee. I still don't know what the heck her character was about and how they even penned something so stupid on paper.

SDR was aight. The story was stupid. Didn't like the other girl in it either.

Never watched Ishqzaade.
Edited by Yankees - 9 years ago
Originally posted by Yankees

She was cringe-worthy in Hasee Toh Phaseee. I still don't know what the heck her character was about and they even penned something so stupid on paper.

Never watched Ishqzaade.
so true she was so annoying only watched 30 mints sid was bearable but she was not 
Pari's best movie has to be Ladies Vs Ricky Bahl. She made herself get noticed in spite its being her first movie and then there was hit pair Ranveer-Anu.
so that was really her big achievement. then Ishqzaade also she nailed her character.

but HTP, in first few minutes only, I found her weird. haven't watched that movie either. 🥱
SDR - let's not talk. it was shit story. 🤢

but where does Alia steal her thunder? in spite being mediocre in HTP, people still praised her. 😳

I think Pari & Alia are in their own league without disturbing each other. they act their role well being newcomers & get credit too.
Parineeti is an amazing actor, evident from the first film itself. She is very natural but she is getting typecast as the loud girl. Alia was mediocre in her first movie but she was amazing in highway and 2 states and those two movies were so different from each other. Its like she is telling everyone I can do any kind of role. If Parineeti does not chooses her movies wisely then I see the same happening with her as with Priety that is she might get a award or two but mostly her movies will have nothing new to offer and will not be as remembered. 
Alia may go Kareena or Rani way-numerous awards, successful films
I don't think Pari's thunder has diminished after Ishaqzaade.

SDR might have got polarizing reactions from the public (either people hated it or loved it) but the critics unanimously praised the film highly. It featured in all the 'best films of 2013 lists' as well. SDR was a clean hit and made more money than Ishaqzaade, BBB or any other small-medium budget YRF film. It was considered a success in every way, to the extent that YRF kept a success party for the film (which they have done only for Dhoom 3 so far). Pari was praised for her work in the movie and the movie was considered pathbreaking in a way. (Yes I know people did not like it but I am saying this from media perspective)

Even during HTP, Pari was praised a lot. She was called the star and the strongest point of the film and was praised just like Alia was praised for Highway. It was a modest success too from what I know.

Now that initial buzz has died down, Alia has had recent releases which have done well critically and commercially and that is also one of the reasons she has the buzz around her. More than anything, she has surprised people who had thought she was hopeless in her first film and so the reactions are more. But that doesn't mean Pari is out or her thunder has vanished. DEI is coming and from what we know, Pari has a strong role in it, according to some articles, it's stronger than the male lead.

Yes, Pari does have to reinvent herself and try out different roles bcos the competition has increased and people will constantly compare her to other younger actresses, especially Alia. She has not lost her thunder, she has just gained an equally thunderous competitor.
Edited by nikitagmc - 9 years ago
How pathetic. Stop trying to bring down Parineeti... she is and always will be a better actor and a bigger star than your Alia Bhatt 😆
Originally posted by Yankees

She was cringe-worthy in Hasee Toh Phaseee. I still don't know what the heck her character was about and how they even penned something so stupid on paper.

Never watched Ishqzaade.

Ishaqzaade was basically another Indian version of Romeo & Juliet. Nothing extraordinary in terms of story line. Acting and overall performance were good.

On topic, Parineeti was always insecure about her weight from the very beginning. She always comments on how she doesn't want to be "fat" or known as "fat" or she isn't "as big as Sonakshi", etc, etc and so on. She is a good actress but so far, she has only limited herself to the same types of roles. There isn't much variations in her character choices. 

About Alia. I personally found her really good in Highway and average in 2 states. Also, Alia has her insecurities particularly towards Parineeti. We have seen her in many interviews stating her envy towards Parineeti and also her KWK interview with Parineeti was a clear give away that she isn't very comfortable with Parineeti. Now, Alia takes her jealousy, insecurities and envy to motivate herself whereas Parineeti continuously just keeps putting herself down.

Hwever, as for the art of ACTING, I think Parineeti is a much better actress in comparison to Alia. Parineeti is a more natural actress and it comes to her naturally whereas Alia is a more rehearsed actress. And Alia definitely did not "steal" her thunder.Lets not forget that Alia has way more support and connections in the industry to make her stay easier than Parineeti.
Edited by -Mischievous- - 9 years ago
I think Parineeti is a more natural actress than Alia..She smashed it in Ladies vs. Ricky Behl & Ishaqzaade..But somewhere down the line, she got typecast..Alia on the other hand has shown more versatility than her at this point ..
Did it really get stolen ?? OMG !! We didn't know..😲
You might feel like that because Pari didn't have any recent release..but fact remains she has been liked by the public more than Alia has been till now..now you can say that is because Alia is very dumb or Pari has more people to the normal people...

Also no critic has ever commented bad about her acting in the film ever and most of the people I know also like her better than that Alia who is definitely more insecure than any of the newcomers. 

Such hypocrites everywhere...if she's trying to do something, she has changed and is going to fail but if Alia does the same she is doing something new..👎🏼