Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 9 years ago
^^^
well said, rhea.

indi52 thumbnail
sohara,

that is a beautiful gif. thanks so much.
Horizon thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail
I see Indi posted the other interview of Vedraj. I was searching since yesterday for this one given at a time where there was much hue and cry among fans at the sudden silliness of Khushi and the sloppy tracks. Looks it has been removed. 

They have been planning on having a scene for Khushi realizing her love since then, that ultimately came as Khushi's monologue of 255, and they postponed it until asr's kidnap when anyway Khushi will have more screen space.
Reason why I posted this nonexistent link is there he talked about, which unfortunately can not be read now,  how the writers were given a clear idea of asr, how to craft this character from the word go.. and how Khushi was never instructed to be well defined and was always changed according to the tracks. Fans thought Khushi can not be as weak, for the writers she was much flexible to work around.

Did the lead actor's absence effect the quality of the tracks? It certainly did. At best creatives could have made them watchable, average. But it would n't be that masterpiece that kept us glued and enchanted.

indi52 thumbnail

Originally posted by: sohara

@Indi,

I just want this man.Hume aur kuch nahi chahiye.
Mind blowing editof the teez scene.
How handsome my man was during that time!
Barun as ASR...just take my breath away. I'm falling in love with him more and more.
thanks for sharing the snippet of ved raj's interview. when did he give this interview?

hi sohara,

ohhh he is something else at this time isn't he?
he as asr is something i will carry to my ancient age and always feel a dhakdhak for. that ved raj interview is from way back... he gave a couple while ipk was on, so did lalit mohan and others.

aarwen thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 4
Just saw 264. 
She is already in the red dress she wore in her dreams. The same dress in which she will finally find him. 

His eyes have opened and he has freed his hands. There is a determined don't mess with me look on his face. ASR music is playing. 

And today is the day they meet again.. ðŸ¥³
cinthiann1758 thumbnail

Originally posted by: sohara

same here with me. can't be in the thread that much. Moreover our holly month ramadan started. so fully occupied with AD.
But why did you post the pic of that creep?
It was so disgusting to see his bare body. And how he was flirting with Khushi😡😡...I felt like throttle him.

I know disgusting!  Was so surprised to see that episode.  I must have forgotten seeing it before.  Anger and hate rehashed again.  
cinthiann1758 thumbnail
Sohara, beautiful and incredible gif, thaks for posting.  hats off to the maker!  Loved your review!
Happy Holy Ramadan!
aarwen thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 4
First time trying out that mysterious thing called 'textures' that katelyn and indi di use so well. 

cinthiann1758 thumbnail

Originally posted by: aarwen

Okay my two cents on the discussion going on.. While I think without ASR whatever the creators tried the show would have suffered terribly, I do think that the current plots and the way they used existing and new characters could have been handled way better to make it less boring and atleast feel like part of IPK. The way everyone in shantivan is talking to each other also somehow feels more formal, artifical. No fun.

I started watching for Sanaya. I started from the very first episode. So the first few scenes of ASR I even thought, "they have got some model who does not even look good (am crazy and very embarrassed to admit this is what I thought) who will not have any lines. Will be just like a regular hindi serial hero who will be a mamma's boy or just shown carelessly impossibly reckless. A few minutes later I thought he is nice looking, but will he really act? By the end of the episode as he held her in his arms and stared at her trembling lips I was completely besotted not just by the story but by the two people on screen.

I watched for the love story, but somewhere along the way Barun's acting made the whole thing even more memorable. If there wasn't ASR then Khushi's character I feel has been shown numerous times before and would not have me watching the show day and night in my first watch even though Sanaya was the perfect Khushi in those first few episodes. Our shows have a copyright on the spirited girl who can be a bit of a pagal till she turns to a nice docile bahu who loves lecturing people. As Khushi grew more loud, filmy, sometimes outright silly I still looked at the way Arnav looks at her and found myself enjoying. 

And when he was gone from the screen during this kidnapping I did not know why I was forwarding the scenes. I wanted to be all achchi bahu and watch not just the ASR bits, but simply couldn't. For 20 years in my house all evening star plus, colors, zee tv shows were seen so I can watch other TV serials and enjoy and not expect great things. Sometimes nice music or a nice scene is all I get and am okay with that. But with IPK they had made be start expecting much more. Yes it was that ASR was gone so I was skipping the episodes but also there was nothing to watch at all (entirely my opinion) because the cvs (if am using the correct term) did not seem to do anything quite right in this phase according to me. And you can immediately feel the difference because as soon as they do get it right we all are back here raving about that stretched few minutes for days till we get the next moment to talk about.

I must agree with you, Rhea and Indi and Horizon.  It was ASR all the way.  
Don't get me wrong I loved, LOVED, Sanaya/ Khushi ( i am watching RangRasiya because of Sanaya) but it was the character of ASR which drew me in.  I looked forward to see what Khushi would do next and ASR's reactions.  I anticipated his every reaction, mood, response...couldn't wait. I wanted their explosive fights and the heat that radiated from them.  
Did the creatives know what they created and who they chose to act?  Damn right they did.  
I believe they knew that this young Barun Sobti and his expressions would mesmerize/ pull all the ladies in.  He could carry the show alone, in my humble opinion...but there was zany, pagal, innocent Khushi who fought back with him and then asked innocently why does my breath and heartbeat increase rapidly when you come close?
He leaves...now what.  They tried, they really did, but "stuff" behind the scenes was going on.
When he left, I watched everyday for him to comeback or just for a flashback.  My heart waited for his return but my interest in the show kept me watching and then the stupid details of this kidnapping track aggravated me.  I was like, "Seriously?"
The best part was "Khushi, I love you."  Shocked the hell out of me.  I just watched it again on TV Asia.  Just watch him.  He makes me believe he was really in that kidnapping situation.  How his lips hesitated with his words, his eyes revealing the truth and his embarassment but the feeling of those words vital importance.  He had to tell her.  She was crying and in pain and so was he...afterall who knew if he would survive?  Brilliant scene by both actors.
Sanaya played Khushi magnificently.  I believe she is as great of an actor as Barun even though I do agree with Indi...Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon? was about a hurt, arrogant man and his journey to falling in love.  What do we call a love that comes from hate and anger and hurt and pain?  We call it the Arnav and Khushi show!  AND I WILL WATCH IT OVER AND OVER AGAIN NO MATTER HOW STUPID AND RIDICULOUS SOME OF THE EPISODES WERE!!!

Edited by cinthiann1758 - 9 years ago
indi52 thumbnail
^^^

cynthia,

nice thoughts up there. given the madness that is the production of a daily soap in india, i am just grateful we have something that makes our hearts pound when we watch. the more i find out about the circumstances the more i want to run away and the more i am astounded this got created at all.

i liked what you said about his khushi i love you. shocked you.

yeah. that's exactly what it did to me too. that first time. i jumped up and sat mouth open gaping. what was that he said.